- » Canned Mackerel
Canned Mackerel Recipes
Enjoy our collection of canned mackerel recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for canned mackerel recipes.
Thai Mackerel Salad
Thai macakrel salad is a fast, simple and delicious salad. It is a warm salad with lots of stir fried vegetables. Some variations are possible with this salad. - 38.3294
Spicy Baked Mackerel Fillets
Does eating good food make you happy, why not try this extremely delicious recipe for Spicy Baked Mackerel Fillets? Relatively simple, this Spicy Baked Mackerel Fillets doesn't take much of your time, but leaves you with utmost satisfaction of having made... - 45.4025
Mackerel Salad With Potatoes
Combine mackerel, potatoes, eggs and cracker crumbs in bowl; mix until smooth.
Stir in vinegar, onion and sugar.
Chill for 2 to 3 hours before serving. - 29.9236
1) Take a plate and arrange the lettuce leaves on it.
2) Drain the excess liquid from mackerel fillets and put them on the lettuce.
3) Mix the mayonnaise, capers, horseradish sauce and gherkins together and pour the mixture over the mackerel... - 37.6401
Turn mackerel into 2-quart saucepan; break into chunks with fork.
Add water, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
Place over medium heat; cook to serving temperature, stirring frequently. - 31.614
Combine mackerel, eggs, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, celery, green pepper and onion; mix well.
Pack mackerel mixture into 6-cup fish mold; chill for 3 hours.
Loosen edge of mold with knife; invert onto platter.
Place hot damp... - 36.283
Mackerel Noodle Bake
Cook celery and onion in 2 tablespoons water, covered, till tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Combine with next 4 ingredients,3/4 tea spoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Turn into a 2-quart casserole.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes. - 32.6712
This delicious Mackerel Spread should not be missed. A lovely seafood filling foe sandwiches, this Mackerel Spread is simply yummy! Try it for yourself! - 32.6111
Korean Food: Spicy Mackerel Fish Stew (고등어 조림)
This Korean fish stew is one way to have warmth, autumnal flavor and the soulful reassurance of a full-bodied broth without working yourself senseless in the kitchen! Though there are ways to make fish stew more difficult, this easy stew take no longer than... - 108.622
Broiled Mackerel are yummy and addictive. For Fish lovers out there this delicious Broiled Mackerel will be simply irresistible. Try this recipe! - 25.7542
1. Preheat oven to 425°F before baking.
2. Dilute evaporated milk with drained canned peas liquid.
3. Mix flour with melted margarine, take off from heat and slowly add the diluted evaporated milk. Place on heat again and cook to... - 40.9497
This is a very fast way to cook mackerel. Get the freshest fish available. You can use dry thyme instead of fresh one. - 15.3909
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic.
2) Slowly whisk in the oil in the vinegar mixture.
3) Stir in the parsley, chives, and tarragon.
4) Add the mackerel and toss gently.
5) Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
6) Add... - 46.1407
Dissolve bouillon cubes in the boiling water; set aside.
Cook onion in 1/4 cup butter till tender but not brown.
Blend in flour and pepper; add bouillon all at once.
Cook, stirring constantly, till thickened and bubbly.
Stir in cheese till melted.
Add flaked... - 45.209
Classic Curry Mackerel
If you are in a hurry to make a curry, here is a recipe just for you! Classic curry mackerel is a popular and favorite recipe from Malaysian cuisine. This is simple as well as easy to make. Garnish it with sliced chilies and serve it with warm rice. - 122.018
Stuffed Baked Mackerel With Gooseberries
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4.
2) In a bowl, combine drained gooseberries, tartare sauce and potatoes.
3) Take each mackerel to fill with some of the potato mixture.
4) Wrap the fish with aluminum foil.
5) In a... - 41.2795
Lalmasala Bharela Bangra ( Red Chutney Stuffed Mackerel )
1. Grind the chutney masala with salt to taste.
2. Wash and clean the mackerels. Remove the gills and stomach dirt and wash the stomach portion without tearing the fish.
3. Apply salt and mix the fish in the turmeric and chilli powder. Stuff through the gill... - 32.4533
Mackerel In Cider
1) When purchasing the fish, have the seller cut off the heads, slit the fish down the belly and cut out the mackerel.
2) In cold water, clean the mackerel throughly and if desired, remove the backbones. Although this is not necessary.
3) On... - 43.7561
Pickled Mackerel With Cucumber Slices
1. Take a platter or a shallow dish and arrange large mackerel pieces in it.
2. In a saucepan, add onion, all the seasonings and vinegar and allow the mixture to come to boil Cool a little and top the fish with sauce. Chill in the refrigerator.... - 30.7425
Mackerel In White Wine
Mackerel are excellent cooked this way, for a meal starter or supper dish.
Clean and wash the mackerel.
Butter a shallow ovenproof dish and strew the carrot, onions and lemon over the base.
Arrange the fish on top.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and pour the... - 39.8861
Baked Mackerel, Institute Style
Order fish cleaned with backbone and head removed.
Lay skin side down in a baking pan.
Cover with tomatoes, onions, salt, and pepper.
Bake in moderately hot oven of 375°F for 45 min.
Pour cream over fish and sprinkle with parsley. - 28.8139
Mackerel Patties has a superb taste. The fish and vegetables give the Mackerel Patties a great taste. Mackerel Patties is inspired by restaurants across the world. Must catch it. - 33.4764
Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened.
Stir in the pineapple, red pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and salt and leave to cool.
When the stuffing is cool, use it to fill the cavities in the mackerel.
Secure the fish closed... - 36.2242
Smoked Mackerel Pate
1) Peel the skin of the fish and turn into flakes.
2) In a food processor or liquidizer, process the fish flakes. ... - 37.9942
Smoked Mackerel Pâté
1. Line a 1 lb. loaf tin with foil.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the fish or mash well with a fork.
3. Gradually combine the remaining ingredients gradually and mix until smooth and well blended.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and... - 40.5582
Mackerel And Macaroni With Green Beans
Mackerel And Macaroni With Green Beans has a fine taste. The fish and macaroni give the Mackerel And Macaroni With Green Beans a rousing taste. Mackerel And Macaroni With Green Beans is inspired by restaurants worldwide. Must try it. - 35.3531
Mackerel Casserole has a tasty taste. The fish and onion gives the Mackerel Casserole a stupefying taste. Mackerel Casserole is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must catch it. - 33.399
Lenten Mackerel is an easy to prepare side dish which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 39.953
Grilled Mackerel With Gooseberry Sauce
Mix all the stuffing ingredients together and put it inside the mackerel, then fold over and secure.
Rub a little softened butter over, and broil (grill) gently on both sides until the fish is done.
Cook the gooseberries in 1/2 cup water with all other... - 38.546
Smoked Mackerel Salad
Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender, then peel, halve and cool. Divide the mackerel into fork-size pieces.
In a large bowl, mix the soured cream with the mayonnaise, horseradish and seasoning. Stir in the fish and vegetables. Cover and chill well.... - 30.5122
Apricot Chargrilled Mackerel
1. Clean and gut the mackerel, removing the heads if preferred. Place the fish in a large, shallow dish.
2. Drain the apricots, reserving the juice. Roughly chop half of the apricots and set aside until required.
3. Place the remaining apricots in a food... - 40.788
Smoked Mackerel Salad
1 Mayonnaise is a traditional accompaniment to cold, poached salmon and can also be served with fish salads vinegar.
2 Stir in the rice, mackerel fillets, tomatoes and celery.
3 Blend well and season with salt and pepper.
4 Pile the mixture onto a flat... - 31.1756
Eviscerate, remove head, clean and wipe fish.
Rub with lemon, salt and pepper on all sides.
Arrange successive layers of tomatoes, leek, peppers.
Finish with a dash of lemon, a pinch of saffron, and paprika.
Close and bake. - 38.7471
Classic Ikan Mackerel Kicap
Want to dish out a local popular specialty recipe? Try Classic Ikan Mackerel Kicap, which is commonly found in restaurant and party menus. Serve it with steamed rice and garnish with spring onions to make it all the more appetizing. - 114.763
Black Beans Mackerel Porridge
Looking for a healthy and tasty porridge? Try Black beans mackerel porridge. This is a perfect meal as it is neither too light nor too heavy. It is healthy and tasty and can be served with plain rice. Garnish with freshly cut pepper strips and cucumber for... - 122.363
Smoked Mackerel Risotto
Smoked Mackerel Risotto is a delicious preparation that can make your dinner spread look sinfully tempting! I served this dish for a party at home and my guests finished it in no time! The Smoked Mackerel Risotto is simply too tasty to miss out. Try it! - 48.2166
1.Prepare asparagus by washing and chopping off the hard ends.
2.Also, discard the scales with the help of a knife or a peeler.
3.Take an 8 inch square shaped dish and place whole spears in it with the spears facing out.
4.Put water and... - 44.6777
Spiced Mackerel On Potato Bed
If you are a seafood lover, here we have something for you. The video shows an amazing mackerel recipe which is served on the bed of seasoned potatoes. It is a novel dish which tastes amazing and can be served during dinner and lunch parties. - 122.403
Homemade Ginataang Mackerel
For all those who think cooking fish or seafoods at home is not an easy job, should take a look at this ginataang mackerel recipe. Here the chef provides simple instructions to make mackerel with coco milk and basil. All said, but the video would have been... - 87.173
Smoked Mackerel Pate
1. Put the mackerel, margarine, orange juice, tomato puree, vinegar and seasonings into a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Put the pate into a serving dish and smooth the top evenly. Cut the pimentos into thin strips and arrange in a... - 36.1792
Simmer your Court Bouillon as usual in a covered pan on a moderate heat for 1 hour.
Clean your fish (soft-roed, preferably) and cut off the heads.
Cut the large fish into 2 or 3 pieces; if they are small, leave them as they are.
Put them into the Court... - 37.1598
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. Cut the top off the red pepper, remove the seeds and membrane, then cut into chunks. Cut the red onion into thick wedges.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until... - 43.3793
Mackerel Cream Bake
1. Set oven to heat to 400°F.
2. Use the butter or margarine to grease an oven-to-table baking dish which will hold the fillets in 2 layers.
3. Place the fillets in the dish, and sprinkle with salt.
4. Shred the leeks and carrot finely and spread them over... - 41.1246
Black Beans Tofu And Fried Mackerel
A quick and easy-to-make recipe is here! Black beans tofu and fried mackerel is a Chinese dish which can be eaten by itself or with steamed rice. Garnish it with fried garlic. - 112.465
South American Mackerel
Slash the mackerel in several places on both sides.
This will help the flavourings to penetrate the flesh.
Mix the onion, garlic, chilli, pimientos, passata and olives together and spoon on to the centres of six large squares of oiled foil, shiny sides... - 40.672
Bbq Mackerel With Tomato & Anchovy Sauce
1. Pour 3 tbsp oil into a medium frying pan and heat gently, then add the garlic - if it sizzles, the oil is too hot. Cook for about 3 mins until the garlic is just beginning to brown. Stir in the anchovy paste for a couple of mins, then the tomato puree for... - 33.9205
Mackerels In White Wine
Simmer in a covered pan for 1 hour a Court Bouillon made up of the white wine, vinegar, chopped onion and carrot, cloves, bunch of mixed herbs, pepper, lemon, garlic and a pinch of salt.
After the hour's cooking put the fillets of mackerel in the Court... - 26.3044
Chicken Liver Sauce
1) In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onion and garlic till brown.
2) Mix in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and poultry seasoning.
3) Chop the chicken livers and brown in remaining oil.
4) Add livers and... - 39.634
Maquereau Au Vin Blanc
Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan; add onions.
Saute onions lightly; pour in wine.
Cook rap- idly until liquid is reduced by three-fourths.
Dis- solve bouillon cubes in 2 cups boiling water; stir into onion mixture.
Mix flour and 2... - 44.8319
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Mix all ingredients except egg white, paprika, and parsley.
3. Beat egg white until stiff; fold into salmon mixture.
4. Pour into 1-quart casserole sprayed with vegetable pan spray. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
5. Bake... - 33.6316
Tartar Fish Loaf With Caper Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Remove the flakes of non-drained fish. Using a fork, crush fish bones. Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Take a baking dish or an ovenproof platter and grease thoroughly with oil.... - 40.9134
Mee Goreng Nyonya
Mee gorange nyonya is an Malaysian favourite. It is easy and yummy. The fragances of the various spices and vegetables make the dish smell delicious. Serve the noodles nyonya style. - 39.758
Madras Fish Bake
Melt the butter in a pan.
Add the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until it has softened.
Season well, then remove from the heat.
Divide the spinach mixture equally between the fish, pushing it well inside the mackerel.
Place in a shallow... - 39.5767
Salmon Seafood Pate
1) In a liquidizer, place the salmon, ketchup, lemon juice, cream cheese, salt, a shake of pepper and a few drops of pink colouring.
2) Liquidize all the ingredients to make a smooth mixture.
3) In a basin, transfer the puree and add the... - 45.2551
Fish reacheado is a pomfret and mackerel fish recipe. Cooked with spices and red chilies, the fish reacheado is finished by frying and can be served with meals as a side. - 44.5873
Season fillets with salt and pepper.
Spread clams evenly over the center of each fillet.
Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Brush tops with lemon juice and, for rich brown color, sprinkle generously with paprika.
Bake at 375Â° F. in foil-lined pan, for... - 25.6095
Pescaditos En Escabeche A La Andaluza
Fry lightly floured fish in 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat.
When lightly browned put in a recipient, preferably one with a flat surface large enough to accommodate the fish.
Crush * With mackerel, it is preferable to use only the fillets, which you can... - 42.2324
Classic French Bouillabaisse
1. Cut the lobsters lengthwise and de-vein them.
2. Divide it into pieces without removing the shell.
3. Cut the mackerel, perch and the eel into 1 inch sized pieces.
4. Clean the mussels and clams by dusting the sand from them.
5. Take a... - 47.4722
Okra Stew With Fish
Cook bacon and salt pork with thyme and bay leaf for 3 minutes in saucepan.
Remove bay leaf; drain off and reserve drippings.
Add water to bacon and pork.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes; add okra and spinach.
Cook for 5... - 43.6135
Mixed Sushi Bowl
1. Prepare SUSHI RICE.
2. For specific amounts used in preparing all items (except nori seaweed) in this step. Mushrooms and gourd ribbons: Wash and soak mushrooms in 2 1/2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with... - 43.0343
1. In a skillet, mix all the ingredients and heat to serving temperature.
2. Serve Peas Pimento with roasted mackerel. - 26.5277
Smoked Fish Trio
1) Take a 1 lb (450 g) loaf tin and apply a little oil over it. Lay a cling film in it.
2) In a food processor, flake the trout. Mash with one third of the melted butter (about 6 tbsp), 2 tbsp cream, 1 tbsp lemon juice, horseradish and white pepper to... - 41.7019
Fish Fry Malayali
1. Clean fish.
2. Wash thoroughly in several rinses of water. A little lime juice can be mixed in the last rinse. Drain thoroughly.
3. Grind onions, red chillies, peppercorns, turmeric, garlic and salt.
4. Smear on fish; set aside for half an hour.
5. Heat a... - 41.6777
Manglorian Fish Curry- Mangalore Meen Kari
This vibrant and delectable curry comes from Mangalore, a region along the southwest coast of India with a cuisine dominated by fresh seafood, coconuts, dried red chili peppers and spices. The tamarind gives this true southern curry a wonderful sour finish... - 37.507
Baked Blueflsh With Olives And Tomatoes
1. Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onion, olives, and green pepper, and cook uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes longer. Add the wine, tomato paste, salt, and black pepper, and simmer, uncovered, for... - 33.5026
Fish And Basil Vermicelli Soup
1.Heat oil in a large saucepan.
Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until onion softens.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and 1 cup (250 mL) water.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
2.Poach fish cutlets in remaining 2... - 46.7232
Fish And Green Bean Curry
1) In a bowl, pound together the onions, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, turmeric, salt, and shrimp. You can also chop them to a paste.
2) In a deep skillet, heat the oil.
3) In this hot oil, saute the pounded mixture for 5 minutes.
4) To... - 48.3158
Bulgur Stuffed Baked Fish
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) In enough water to cover the bulgur, soak it for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the bulgur and reserve excess water for soup.
4) Saute onion, peppers, and walnuts in oils a few minutes.
5) Add drained bulgur and... - 44.1462
1. If using frozen fish, unwrap the fish and let it stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Cut the fish into 2 1/4 x 1 1/2-inch chunks. (Be careful cutting the frozen fish since the center core will still be frozen.)
2. Saute the onion and the garlic in... - 33.8716
Regal Baked Fish
About 3 hours before serving: Wash fish well.
Brush cavity with lime juice; refrigerate 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make stuffing: In skillet, in 1/4 cup butter, melted, saute onion and celery until tender.
In large bowl, combine stuffing mix, almonds, cheese,... - 47.147
Do It Yourself Sushi
To make sushi rice
1. Wash rice as you would plain rice. Drain, cover with cheesecloth, and let stand in a colander for 1 hour. (Soak dry rice that has been on the shelf a while for 30 minutes and drain for 30 minutes, if desired.) While rice is draining,... - 42.6948
This seafood soup recipe is prepared with fresh seafish, shrimp, mussels, oysters and vegetables with herbs for flavor. Cooked in milk, and white wine with mushrooms, parsley, taragon and onions, the seafood soup is seasoned to taste and is best served hot. - 46.8589
Ceviche Del Jardin
1. Put the fish into a medium nonreactive bowl with the lime juice and coconut water. Cover and chill for 12 hours or overnight, stirring once in a while. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the marinade.
2. Return the marinated fish to the bowl. It will now appear... - 35.2117
To prepare the squid, cut the bodies into rings about 3/4 inch thick, cut the flaps or wings into strips, and leave the tentacles whole.
Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a very large saucepan, or use two saucepans.
Add the onions and a quarter of the... - 44.3269
Khanom Jin Namya
Khanom Jin Namya Curry is a popular lunch for many busy Thais, and it is also a traditional meal for Thai New Year’s/Songkran. You can make it yourself as below, or use an easy and tasty Namya Curry paste from the tin or tub available at Asian Markets. I... - 51.4843
Laksa Assam is a very popular dish in both Malaysia and Singapore. It is often taken as a breakfast or a late night supper.
If you want to make Laksa Assam the easy way useHup Loong Asam Laksa and for the fish, canned sardines and tuna. - 48.2582