- » Candied Yam
Candied Yam Recipes
Candied yams are cooked and sweetened yams which may be served as holiday meal accompaniments or as desserts.
Preparation of Candied Yams
Candied yams are prepared by first steaming whole yams, and later peeling ... More »
Southern Baked Candied Yams: How To Make The Best Candied Yams
If you are looking for some nice Southern lovin', then this is your dish. The Southern Baked Candied Sweet Potatoes is a classic side dish. It is almost a staple, when it comes to Soul Food! Yummy, I can gaurantee that this dish will make you indulge more... - 129.733
Classic Candied Yam
Candied yams is a simple recipe made out of the sweet potatoes. It has nice orangey flavor and a hint of other spices. The fresh candied yams are wonderful and leave a nice taste behind. Try this recipe if you thought, you did not like candied yams. So see... - 105.351
Roasted Incredible Southern Candied Yams
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Peel yam and cut it lengthwise into half.
3. Grease a large baking pan with ½ tablespoon vegetable oil.
4. In baking pan place yam, sprinkle remaining vegetable oil on top, and mix to coat it well.
5. Season... - 102.691
Thanksgiving Candied Yams
I love all things made from yams. In this video, Betty shows us how to make this sinfully delicious Candied Yams dish. I think that she loves the Holidays, because she says that it so ideal for Thanksgiving and Holidays. Surprisingly, this dish is rather... - 93.5964
Cinnamon Candied Yams
These candied yams are prepared with yams or sweet potatoes. Cooked by boiling along with sugar, orange juice, raisins, orange and lemon slices along with cinnamon and nutmeg, the candied yams are simmered to finish and can be served as desired. - 48.8705
Peel and cut yams as for French fries.
Place in 8" x 12" x 2" baking dish.
Combine the sugars, salt, cinnamon and flour and sprinkle over potatoes.
Slice butter and place over this.
Twist slices of lemon over this & place peel in with potatoes.
Distribute the... - 43.8724
Candied Yams & Cranberries
Wash yams or potatoes; drain but do not dry.
Set in slow-cooking pot.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (depending on size and shape).
Peel and cut into quarters.
Place in 2-quart casserole.
In medium saucepan, melt butter; add sugar, cranberries, salt... - 41.4504
Cook the yams in boiling salted water to cover until barely tender.
Cool, peel, and cut into halves lengthwise.
Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
In a frying pan combine the sugar, water and butter.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the... - 40.7696
1. To make the crumble topping, in a small bowl, combine the SWEET 'N LOWÂ® Brown, butter and salt. Keep aside until required.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F
3. Grease a 1 Â½-quart oven-to-table baking dish or casserole with... - 39.1275
Candied Cross Cut Yams
1) In a wok heat oil to 350°F.
2) Cut the sweet potatoes crosswise, in about 1/4 inch thick slices.
3) In a saucepan, heat butter, water, lemons and sugar for about 3 minutes, and stir in red food coloring.
4) Place the sweet potatoes... - 38.9472
Grandma's Candied Yams
1. Place the yams in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange juice. Spoon over the yams.
2. Cover and cook on the low heat setting 5 1/2 to 6 hours, stirring once, if... - 34.0031
Traditional Candied Yams
Place yams on baking sheet.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes or until tender; peel.
Place half the butter in small mixing bowl; soak yams in butter for about 5 minutes.
Combine brown sugar and pecans; roll yams in pecan mixture.
Place yams in shallow... - 31.2061
Candied Yams has a different taste. Candied Yams gets its taste from yam mixed with sugar and flavored with cinnamon. Candied Yams is inspired by many chefs around the world. - 31.1883
Prepare and boil whole yams or sweet potatoes drain.
Let yams cool, then peel and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices.
Arrange slices, overlapping, in a buttered shallow casserole.
Dot with butter, sprinkle lightly with salt, then sprinkle evenly with brown... - 30.4429
Plain Candied Yams
1. Set out a large saucepan having a cover and a large heavy skillet.
2. Wash yams or potatoes and scrub with a vegetable brush.
3. Cook covered in boiling salted water to cover. Cook 30 to 35 min., or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and... - 29.0933
Candied Yam Recipes By Category