- » Candied Ginger Syrup
Candied Ginger Syrup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of candied ginger syrup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for candied ginger syrup recipes.
Here is a wonderful Homestyle Ginger Drink recipe that you can keep in your fridge all the time and make nectarous refreshing drinks. Add a dash of this syrup to your cocktail for an added kick. Watch this video for the recipe of this drink. You can use the... - 114.464
Almond Filled Candied Ginger Pears
Have you ever tried a dessert with pears? If you haven’t, here’s a start. A delicious vegan-style dessert that combines the flavor of almonds, pears and ginger! A strange combination but appears to come together so beautifully. Watch this step-by-step... - 127.974
Candied Or Crystallized Ginger
Candied ginger is great all on its own or as an addition for fruit salads, cookies, crisps and desserts. It is quite easy to make as well. Enjoy! - 0
Crystalized Or Candied Ginger
If you are interested in making Crystallized Ginger then check this out. Ginger is not only good for health but can be used in desserts, cookies and can be sprinkled on ice cream. It works great while making the ginger cookie. You can preserve the ginger by... - 93.4175
Golden Syrup Gingerbread
1) Preheat oven moderate to 325°F, 170°C or Gas No. 3.
2) In a bowl sift flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon. Keep aside.
3) In a saucepan cut in fat. Add sugar, treacle, and syrup measuring 2 rounded tablespoons of... - 48.4416
Ice Cream With Homemade Candied Ginger Butterscotch Sauce
1) In a saucepan, mix sugar and water.
2) Let it boil over high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until the syrup is light golden brown. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
3) To the pan, add in the cream and blend until smooth.
4) Put the butter,... - 34.9848
Sweet And Sour Pork With Candied Ginger
Sweet And Sour Pork is a meal in itself and is perfect for an elaborate weekday dinner. This tasty dish is my husbands favorite and it doesnâ€™t take too much time to prepare it. Try this excellent Sweet And Sour Pork recipe at home! - 46.1472
Ginger Fruit Bread
Grease and line a deep 8-inch square cake pan.
Sift the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt into a large, bowl.
Add the syrup, candied peel, raisins, soft margarine, chopped ginger, candied cherries and about two-thirds of the milk to the dry ingredients... - 39.2914
Mocha Ginger Cream
Combine sugar and coffee in a 1 quart sauce pan.
Set over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Increase heat and bring mixture to boiling.
Cover saucepan and boil gently for 5 minutes to dissolve any crystals that may have formed.
Uncover and set candy... - 34.905
Maple Syrup Gingerbread
The maple syrup gingerbread is a simply delightful recipe for preparing gingerbread. Prepared with a batter of eggs, sugar, flour, ginger and sour cream , with added spices and orange peel along with sweet maple syrup, the bread is baked till set and can be... - 47.5471
Poached Pears In Wine Syrup
These Poached Pears in Wine Syrup is one of the best pear desserts that you can vouch for ! Try this delicious Anjou Pears dish tonight and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Poached Pears in Wine Syrup is welcome ! - 32.6839
Rhubarb, Orange And Ginger Marmalade
Mix all together and let stand at least overnight.
Boil for 1 hour or until thick.
Bottle in sterilized jars and seal with wax, unless you are using the new small screw-top sealers. - 23.1433
Candied Fruit Rind
1. Peel rind from fruits in quarters; trim off white membrane, then cut rind into 1/4 inch-wide strips. Place in large, heavy saucepan with water to cover; bring to boiling; simmer 15 minutes. Drain; repeat cooking with fresh water and draining two more... - 28.3603
Candied Fruit Peel
Peel rind from fruit in quarters, shave off white membrane and cut into 1/4- inch-wide strips.
Place in large saucepan with water to cover.
Heat to boiling and simmer 15 minutes.
Repeat with fresh water and drain two more times.
Return rind to... - 41.2471
Candied Squash Crescents
Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds.
Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Cook in small amount of boiling salted water in large skillet for 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Melt butter in skillet; stir in brown sugar, lemon... - 31.3468
Combine sugar, spices, cream of tartar, and water.
Boil until syrup forms a firm ball in cold water (250°F.on candy thermometer).
Add nuts and vanilla.
Remove from heat.
Stir until sugar crystallizes.
Drain on several layers of wax paper.
Separate nuts and... - 37.3339
Shakkar Puratti - Candied Banana Chips
Bananas are plentiful in Kerala and so there are many dishes made using them, right from appetizers to desserts. Sharkara Puratti also called as Sarkara Upperi, is a sweet crunchy banana preparation which is served as an accompaniment or snack. This special... - 45.8954
Candied Fruit Peel
1) In a cup, soak the gelatin in 1/2 cup water until it softens.
2) Remove the peel rind from fruits in quarters.
3) Take off white membrane, from the peel.
4) Slice the rind into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
5) In large saucepan, put the rind... - 41.3166
Sesame Spice Candy
1. Take a 12x12 shallow baking pan and grease it.
2. In an ungreased skillet, toast sesame seeds for 5-10 minutes over medium heat or until it becomes aromatic and seeds begin to pop.
3. Transfer the contents into a bowl, while... - 39.1495
Candied Carrots And Onions
1) In two separate medium-size saucepans, boil water with salt.
2) In one saucepan add carrots and onions in another.
3) Cook the vegetables fo 20 minutes or until crisp tender.
4) In a large frying pan, melt butter or margarine.
5) In... - 43.8083
Pineapple In Gingered Sour Cream
Chill pineapple chunks.
Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
Mix sour cream with honey, ginger, and enough pineapple syrup to make the sauce the consistency of heavy cream.
Mix well and pour over the pineapple arranged in chilled sherbet glasses.
Garnish with... - 24.5328
Fruit N Ginger Pears
Core pears; peel, if desired.
Drain fruit cocktail, reserving syrup.
Add water to make 2/3 cup liquid.
In medium skillet combine reserved syrup, orange juice, and candied ginger.
Place whole pears in liquid and bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and set... - 39.0224
Ginger Caramel Sauce
Ginger Caramel Sauce is a mouth watering dessert recipe. I am sure this tasty and irresistible Ginger Caramel Sauce will get you a lot of compliments! - 26.6135
Lemon Ginger Cream
1. Take a heavy large saucepan and butter its sides.
2. In a pan cook combining sugar, milk, corn syrup and butter with constant stirring over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
3. On sides of pan using a pastry brush dipped in hot... - 43.2082
Rich Fruit And Ginger Cake
Grease a deep 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom and sides with baking parchment paper.
Beat the butter until creamy, then gradually add the sugar, beating until the mixture is fluffy.
Beat in some of the beaten eggs, then some of the flours.
Continue adding... - 43.1964
Easy Ginger Bread Man
These gingerbread men cookies are sweet n' spicy, utterly delicious snacks. Throw in your creativity and decorate them to liven up those special days! - 39.2119
Ginger Upside Down Pudding
Heat the butter, treacle (molasses) and syrup in a bowl for 3 minutes. Add the milk, stir and cool.
Add the egg and beat well. Pour the mixture onto the sieved flour. Add the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the pineapple rings, and continue to... - 36.9316
Ginger And Persimmon Ice
Combine water and sugar in saucepan.
Cook until sugar is dissolved.
Cool to room temperature.
Chill for 2 hours or longer.
Combine sugar syrup with remaining ingredients in bowl; mix well.
Pour into ice cream freezer container.
Freeze using manufacturer's... - 37.8219
Ginger Ring Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) Grease a 9-inch ring mould. Dust it over with flour.
3) Into a bowl, sift in flour, mixed spice, baking soda and ginger.
4) Add in the butter, black treacle, golden syrup, milk, eggs and castor sugar. Beat... - 49.3923
Oranges With Ginger And White Wine
Oranges With Ginger And White Wine is a mouth watering recipe which you would surely want to get to your guests attention. This great tasting and easy to prepare recipe will surely tempt you to serve to your loved ones. So make sure you dish out this Oranges... - 42.059
Gingered Nectarine Sorbet With Strawberries
Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Combine nectarines, lemon peel and juice in processor or blender and puree.
Add cold syrup and blend well.
Taste and add more ginger, if desired.
Turn sorbet into shallow pan and... - 44.6824
Cranberry Sauce With Orange, Ginger, Pineapple, And Pecans
Every year I tweak my holiday cranberry sauce just a bit, but this combination (tart berries with sweet oranges, ginger, pineapple chunks, and meaty pecans) is a real favorite. Serve with holiday poultry, on sandwiches, with a cheese platter, or serve it as a... - 41.4925
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine cocoa, butter, corn syrup and sugar. Mix well.
2. Cook on a slow flame for 3 to 5 minutes or till it starts to boil, while stirring continuously.
3. Remove and keep aside to cool for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Add... - 37.7266
Fruit Peel Sparkles
1 Cut orange and grapefruit peels into 1/8-inch-thick strips with scissors.
2 In a large saucepan,place the peels with water to cover.
3 Heat to boiling and simmer for 15 minutes; drain.
4 Repeat cooking with fresh water, then draining, two... - 40.0873
Prize Maple Cream Fudge
Mix the sugar, flour, and salt in a saucepan.
Add the butter and light cream.
Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Bring to the boil.
Continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches the softball stage, 238 degrees.
Remove from the heat, and without... - 42.7602
Gingerbread With Quark Cheesecake
1. Preheat the oven to 275°. Spray a 6-inch spring form pan with vegetable oil spray. Wrap the outside of the pan tightly with foil and set it in a small roasting pan.
2. Make the cheesecake: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese... - 35.7704
Plum Melange is a recipe that can be prepared in nearly no time. Try this Plum Melange recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 36.0026
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F, 170°C, Gas Mark 3.
2. In a large pan, melt the syrup over low heat and then beat in the butter and sugar to form a thick paste.
3. Add the sifted flour and the ginger together and beat well. Beat in the... - 44.9741
Spicy Plum Soup
Combine plums, syrup, water, wine, lemon juice, lemon rind, honey, cloves and cinnamon in sauce-pan; cook over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove plums from cooking liquid; put through a sieve or puree in blender.
Return pureed plums to saucepan.
Make a... - 43.628
Baked Apples Cantonese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Core apples almost through, leaving a little flesh at the blossom end.
Pare about one third of the way down from the stem end.
Combine brazil nuts, dates and candied ginger and fill centers of apples with the nut-fruit... - 43.5633
Drain orange sections, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
Combine reserved syrup, honey, and candied ginger.
Bring to boiling and cook 5 minutes.
Add lemon juice and orange sections.
Keep sauce warm on edge of grill.
Cut each loaf of meat on the diagonal to make 2... - 28.1961
Finnish Cardamom Cookies
Combine the dark corn syrup, butter, cardamom, cloves, ginger and orange rind in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
Beat the egg in a large mixing bowl until... - 47.1714
Glazed Ham Dinner
The Glazed Ham Dinner is a wonderful ham preparation that I am personally crazy about. I never get tired of this wonderful dish no matter how many times I have prepared it. Try this original Glazed Ham Dinner recipe for yourself! - 35.5482
Caramel Sundae Sauce
1) Mix together all the ingredients and chill.
2) Serve caramel sundae sauce over ice creams. - 28.3767
Remove skin and bones from chicken breasts.
Thinly slice meat across the grain.
In a bowl mix chicken thoroughly with egg white and 2 tea spoons cornstarch.
In another bowl gradually blend soy sauce with 1 tablespoon cornstarch; add 6 tablespoons of the... - 38.9052
Lychee Ice Cream Sauce
Mix together sugar and cornstarch in a pan.
Drain syrup from lychees (you should have 1 cup) and blend into cornstarch mixture.
Add butter and ginger and cook, stirring, until sauce bubbles and thickens (about 2 minutes).
Remove from heat and stir in lychees... - 26.394
Arrange the peach halves cut side up in a shallow casserole or baking pan.
Pour a little ginger syrup into each half and bake in a moderate oven, 350°, until lightly browned.
When ready to serve put 2 peach halves together with a scoop of ice... - 28.1835
Holiday White Fruit Cake
Leave the raisins whole, slice the cherries in half, cut the orange and lemon peel, and citron in thin match-like strips, the pineapple and figs in half-inch slices, and ginger in 1/8-inch slices.
Turn fruit into enamelware or glass kettle, add brandy and the... - 42.6995
In a small saucepan, melt butter or margarine, sugar and corn syrup over low heat.
Remove from heat; pour into a large bowl.
Stir in almonds, candied peel, cloves, cinnamon and ginger.
Dissolve baking soda in boiling water; stir into corn syrup... - 45.0947
Fresh Peach Chutney
Add the salt to a quart of water; pour over the peaches.
Let stand one day.
Mix one quarter cup water, the sugar, vinegar and garlic.
Bring to a boil, add peaches and cook until they are clear, about forty five minutes.
Remove peaches from syrup.
Add... - 46.4691
Sweet And Sour Pork
Mix pork cubes, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, mono-sodium glutamate, ginger and garlic salt; let stand for 30 minutes.
Combine eggs, flour and 2 tablespoons cornstarch; beat until smooth.
Pour over pork, mixing well.
Mixture will be thick and sticky.
Heat oil in... - 44.9556
Fruit Cake Pie
1.Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Layer the pastry over 10-inch pie pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine chopped candied fruit, dates, and chopped pecans. Mix them well and put it over the pastry shell.
4. In a bowl mix butter and... - 48.2798
Combine flour, ground ginger, soda, cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir in chopped ginger to coat.
In small mixer bowl beat butter for 30 seconds.
Add sugar; beat till fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each.
Combine 3/4 cup syrup and... - 41.9898
Peanut Brittle And Caramel Corn
Heat sugar, corn syrup, and water, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Cook to long-thread or soft-ball stage (about 236 degrees F.). Add peanuts. Continue cooking, stirring with long-handled wooden spoon until syrup is a light golden color and... - 21.6323
Tomato Apple Conserve
Place the lemon slices in a heavy kettle and add 2 cups water.
Bring to a boil and simmer for about 50 minutes or until the rind is soft.
Peel, core, and chop the tomatoes and apples, then add with sugar and salt to the lemons.
Heat, stirring often, until the... - 34.0599
Cut the pears in quarters, then pare and remove the core.
Cut the oranges and lemons in quarters and remove the seed.
Put the pears, oranges, lemons and candied ginger through the coarse blade of a food chopper.
About 2 quarts ground pears and 1 quart ground... - 36.9644
1) Preheat the oven to
2) In a pan, add in the pumpkin, corn syrup, eggs and evaporated milk.
3) Add in the butter and stir well.
4) In a bowl mix together the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Mix to blend... - 48.8671
Kecap Manis Indonesian Soy Sauce
Combine sugar and water in 2-quart saucepan.
Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves.
Increase heat to high and continue cooking until syrup reaches 200°F on candy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, stir in... - 27.9648
Soak peppers in cold water for 30 minutes, drain, remove seeds, and chop.
Drain syrup from pineapple into kettle.
Add peppers and remaining ingredients except nuts.
Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add pineapple and simmer for 45 minutes... - 42.9084
Sweet And Sour Pork
Mix pork cubes, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, mono- sodium glutamate, ginger and garlic salt; let stand for 30 minutes.
Comfciine eggs, flour and 2 tablespoons cornstarch; beat until smooth.
Pour over pork, mix- ing well.
Mixture will be thick and sticky.
Heat oil... - 43.2349
Quick Fruit Cake Logs
Heat oven to 300Â°F.
Grease 13x9-inch baking pan; line bottom with waxed paper.
In very large bowl using rubber spatula, combine pineapple, cherries, nuts and raisins.
In medium bowl, combine molasses and eggs; blend well.
Pour over fruits; mix well.
In... - 45.6023
Dried Fruit Compote
The dried fruit compote is a sweet and fruity dessert made with cooked dry fruits in marsala or orange juice. Simmered to tenderness, the fruit compote can be served warm or chilled withsome whipped cream. - 32.9417
Brandy Snap Baskets
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F before baking.
2) Allow butter to melt and heat with molasses to boiling point.
3) Add in sugar, flour and ginger and let cool.
4) Take two well greased pie plates; drop 1 teaspoon of the mixture on each... - 42.5216
Tasty Moon Cakes - Part 1: Ingredients & Preparation
Moon cakes, the traditional Chinese snack, usually eaten during the Moon or mid-autumn festival is a delectable treat that you simply can't afford to miss. Yummy pastries filled with red bean or lotus seed paste, this is one dessert that will surely impress.... - 84.5129
Tasty Moon Cakes - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
Your mid-autumn celebration is incomplete without moon cakes. Easy to make and good to eat, this delicious dessert treat is something that you should try making at least once. It's so delectable that we bet, you will feel like making it again and again. - 82.8598
Banana Cream Pie
To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate or loose-bottom tart pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a food processor, combine zwieback and gingersnap crumbs, oil, butter, ground ginger and 1 tbsp water.
Process until the... - 45.5694
In bowl set over pan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate; stir in sugar, brandy and syrup.
Stir in wafer crumbs, nuts, and fruit (if using); mix thoroughly.
Chill until firm enough to shape into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls.
Roll in sugar.
Layer between waxed... - 35.691
Chewy Popcorn Balls
1. In a saucepan cook combining sugar, corn syrup, salt, spices, butter and water over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Wash crystals from side of pan and cook over medium heat to 245° on candy thermometer until firm ball stage.
3. Remove... - 41.6592
Chocolate Fudge Cake
1. Grease a 7-inch square cake tin with butter or oil and line with greaseproof paper.
2. In a saucepan, melt the fat, syrup and chocolate together over a low heat.
3. Add the biscuit crumbs and raisins and mix well until mixture... - 41.9957
Shoo Fly Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Process flour, shortening, butter and salt in a food processor with steel blade to form crumbled mixture. Add iced water, while processing, and continue the process for 6 to 7 more seconds so that a... - 47.503
Festive Date And Pecan Pudding
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Pour 300ml boiling water over the chopped dates and set aside. Butter a 1.4-litre pudding basin and put a disc of baking parchment in the base. Put the butter, sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and eggs into a... - 39.6383
Modur Polav has a yummy taste. Modur Polav gets its taste from rice mixed with coconuts amnd flavored with spices. Modur Polav is loved by many people. - 41.3684
Cut rolled dough into shapes of pumpkins, cat faces, and crescents.(Use cooky cutters or make patterns from cardboard, place on dough, and cut out with knife.)
Decorate with strips of gumdrops, small candies, or chocolate chips and bake as directed.
Or bake... - 46.5814
Chinese Fruit Bowl
1. With a long-bladed, sharp knife, cut pineapple into quarters, right through frond.
2. Remove pine- apple, in one piece, from shells and remove core.
3. Slice pineapple into wedges, 1/4 inch thick.
4. In large bowl, gently toss pineapple wedges with... - 42.7004
1) In a pot combine brown sugar, spices, and water and cook till 232°F. registers on the candy thermometer, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into very cold water spins a 2-inch thread when dropped from fork or spoon.
2) When done, stir in... - 36.0872
De Luxe Mincemeat
1. In a saucepan cook beef in small amount water over simmering heat until tender.
2. Take off from fire and cool.
3. Remove the bone or gristle.
4. Force the meat through medium blade food chopper.
5. Boil the stock until 3/4 cup remains.
6.... - 41.416
Pumpkin Cheesecake With Pecan Brittle
For brittle, butter a 15-in.x 10-in.x 1-in.baking pan.
In a large saucepan, cook and stir sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240 (soft-ball stage).
Add pecans and salt; cook and stir until mixture reaches 3000 (hard-crack... - 42.3953
Zucchini Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350° Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Spread the chopped walnuts on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake them until toasted, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, cover the raisins with the... - 37.0494
Betty's Gingerbread Men
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place a medium sized pot over medium flame, add sugar, water, dark corn syrup, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves in it. Stir and cook... - 0
Whole Wheat Gaund Panjiri Sweets
Apparently, these Whole Wheat Gaund Panjiri Sweets are given to pregnant women to keep them warm during winter. The Gaund (or Gond) is a natural edible gum. Manjula shows us how to make this dish in this video. Watch, learn, make and enjoy! - 120.71
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
To Make Cookie Dough:
3. Sift flour with cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, cardamom and baking soda and set aside.
4. In large bowl, with electric beater at high speed,... - 45.4893
Pumpkin Tarte Tatin
To make the dough: In a large bowl, combine the flour and shortening and rub them together with your fingers until the shortening has been reduced to hazelnut-sized lumps.
Dissolve the salt in the water.
Stir the water into the flour mixture just to form a... - 39.5767