- » Canape
Canape is a broad term that denotes a snack like food item, which is small in size and can be eaten in a single bite. Often appetizers consisting of a thin slice of bread or toast, or crackers or pastry puffs on ... More »
How To Make Canapes - Prawn And Cucumber Cups
Thinking of making a tasty appetizer? You should try this one out. The combination of prawns with herbs and cashewnuts gives a nice flavour to the canapes. Watch the video to see how the chef makes this amazing appetizer. - 132.979
Raw Stuffed Avocado Canapes
You do not have to have a food blender, dehydrator or fancy equipment to make a delicious raw, organic meal. Santiago shows you how to make delicious stuffed avocado canapés that make a fantastic meal with lots of flavors, textures and colors. These look so... - 107.765
Raw Portobello Mushroom Canape
If you are a newbie to the world of raw food diet or are on the verge of taking the plunge, this recipe will help you to open the doors and welcome this mantra of wonderfully beneficial healthy living. Santiago of RawFoodMuscle shares one of his favorite... - 107.248
Red Pepper Canapes
1) In a 4-quart pot, heat the oil and stock.
2) In this, saute the peppers and eggplant until tender, for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep aside.
3) In a 2-quart saucepan, mix together the tomato sauce, onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, bay leaf,... - 47.2572
1. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pan, stir in flour, cook for 2 minutes then slowly add milk. Keep stirring, bring to the boil, cook until thickened and remove.
2. Add all seasoning and half the cheese, stir well, remove from fire, add cream.
3. Remove crust... - 46.922
1) Take a casserole and put in the chicken bouillon, chicken livers and onion along with some water.
2) Cover it and cook for a couple of minutes.
3) Stir it once and cook for 2 minutes more.
4) Allow it to stand for 4-5 minutes.
5) Take a blender jar... - 46.1711
Mushroom And Egg Canapes
1) Take a bowl and mix onions and mushrooms with butter in it.
2) Take an uncovered pan and cook the mixture for 3 minutes..
3) Stir it once after 11/2 minutes.
4) Add eggs, salt and parsley to it. Stir them in.
5) Take a round spoon and spread some... - 45.8271
Cheese And Spinach Canapes
The end product of this wonderful Cheese And Spinach Canapes recipe is an exquisite and well flavored dish. Trust me the Cheese And Spinach Canapes is a winning dish that will be the pride of your dinner party. You just cant miss it! - 45.6677
1) Take a plastic wrap and cover the washed and unpeeled potatoes with it.
2) Take a pan and add the potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes.
3) Peel the hot potatoes and cut into 4 pieces longitudinally.
4) Allow the onion to stand for 2-3 minutes after slicing... - 45.253
1. To make the spread for the canapés, in a small bowl, add the butter and whisk with a fork or small wire whisk until soft and creamy.
2. Add the chives, mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and coloring to the butter.
3. Beat until all ingredients... - 45.1692
Essential Crab Canapes
1) Take a bowl and flake the crab in it.
2) Add mustard, mayonnaise, celery, horseradish, fresh cream and Worcestershire sauce to it.
3) Mix well.
4) Cut the toast into four equal pieces.
5) Place a paper napkin on a plate and arrange two pieces of the... - 45.1558
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) Prepare the piecrust mix as per the package directions and roll out into an 5 x 16 inches oblong about 1/2 inch thick.
3) Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until... - 45.0826
Marinated Sardines With Caviar Cucumber Canapes
1. Thinly slice cucumber on the diagonal into about 24 slices and place on a small tray.
2. In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine lemon juice, oil, sugar, mustard, parsley and red-pepper sauce until well mixed.
3. In a... - 44.8728
Smoked Ham Canapes
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F).
2. In a skillet, add some butter and water and cook until the butter softens. Add salt and flour and stir well.
3. Stir the mixture on medium heat, until it forms ball, which does not separate.
4.... - 44.7654
Mushroom Cheese Canapes
1. Take a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher and add butter along with pepper sauce. Melt the butter over microwave at high speed for about half a minute.
2. Add flour and mushroom liquid.
3. Add cheese to the sauce and stir well.
4. Cook the mixture... - 44.5591
Egg And Anchovy Canapes
1) Combine eggs, celery, olives, green pepper, walnuts, half of mayonnaise, Habitant red tomato chow chow, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2) Spread the mixture evenly onto the toasted bread rounds.
3) To prepare canapes, garnish the bread rounds with... - 44.3843
Chilled Canape Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425°F before baking.
2. Roll the crust out into round so that it fits perfectly into a 12” shallow pizza pie pan and bake for 10 minutes or till lightly brown. Cool.
3. Arrange sour cream, eggs and butter above a... - 44.3492
1) Cut each bread slice into 2 types of decorative shapes with 2 inch cutters.
2) Use the leftover bread pieces to make breadcrumbs. Keep aside about ½ cups.
3) In a bowl mix butter and thyme and apply a coat on bread.
4) Place it in... - 44.1626
1) Scrape and discard all the fat and cut steak into cubes of measure 1/2-inch.
2) Mix together all other ingredients and pour over the meat.
3) Allow to stand for at least 2 hours, or preferrably for 12 hours.
4) Drain and retain the... - 44.0555
1. Wash the cucumber and pat dry on a kitchen towel.
2. On a vegetable board without peeling the cucumber, halve the cucumber lengthwise.
3. Use a scooper or a teaspoon to scoop out seeds from each half.
4. Slice a small amount for garnish and... - 44.0205
Hot Tuna Canapes
1 Drain and flake tuna.
2 Add mayonnaise, ketchup, salt, cayenne pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
3 Pare cucumber and slice paper-thin (if desired, sprinkle with paprika).
4 For each canape, place cucumber slice on the toast round, pile tuna... - 43.7686
Fruit Topped Canapes
1) In a bowl, place together cream cheese, milk and orange peel.
2) Whisk the cheese mixture well together.
3) Smear cream cheese mixture thinly on bread slices, reserving 3 tablespoons.
4) Top each bread slice with ham.
5) Cut the bread slices... - 42.7667
Cheese And Mushroom Canapes
1 In a 1-quart casserole,melt butter with tobasco in microwave oven for 15 seconds at high.
2 Stir flour into melted butter. Blend in cream and mushroom broth.
3 Add cheese to the sauce and cook uncovered in microwave oven for 1 minute at high.
4 Stir... - 42.6509
Cucumber Cocktail Canapes
1) Keep the cucumbers on paper towels.
2) Sprinkle salt on them and allow them to stand for about half an hour.
3) Press the paper towels firmly on the cucumbers to soak away the excess water.
4) Chop the cucumbers finely.
5) In a medium bowl, mix... - 42.3659
Stuffed Olive Canapes
Dip 1 1/2 inch fluted cookie cutter in water; cut 24 rounds from bread slices.
Wet cutter several times while cutting bread.
Spread both sides of each bread round with butter.
Place rounds on large baking sheet.
Broil on each side until... - 42.2351
1) Into a strained lined with a cheesecloth, add yoghurt. Place the strainer over a bowl and let it rest untouched for about 4 hours, until a thick form of yoghurt collects in the bowl below.
2) Into the thick youghurt, mix in the... - 42.1658
1) Mix together the ground beef, dry mustard, MSG, salt, pepper, nutmeg and onion. Blend well.
2) Cut the bread into 2-inch squares or into circles that are 1 ½ to 2-inches in diameter.
3) On a baking sheet, arrange the bread and toast it on one side... - 41.9587
Chilled Canape Pie
Hearty, filling and extremely tasty, this Chilled Canape Pie is sure to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. This quick and simple to make recipe is all here to feast on; so give this Chilled Canape Pie a try! - 41.8603
Herbed Cheese Pinwheel Canapes
Combine cream cheese, parsley, juice and seasonings, mixing until well blended.
Slice bread lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
Roll each slice to 1/4 inch thickness.
Evenly spread each bread slice with cream cheese mixture; roll up, starting at narrow... - 41.8335
Measure butter into a small bowl; heat in Radarange oven 45 seconds.
Blend in flour.
Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
Cook in oven 30 seconds; stir; cook 15 seconds.
Mix together with all remaining ingredients except crackers.
Chill until... - 41.7227
Chicken Canapes With Broccoli Stuffing
1) Using a mallet, pound the chicken breasts evenly.
2) Spread a single, light layer of mustard over the meat. Sprinkle cheese on top of it.
3) In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil and saute garlic and broccoli till they become tender,... - 41.613
Drain the sardines and set aside.
Melt butter in top of double boiler over simmering water.
Blend in flour.
In a separate bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise and vinegar.
Add gradually to the butter and flour, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
Season to... - 41.06
Tuna Cucumber Canapes
1. Take tuna fish and drain them. Flake them and combine with salt, red pepper, mayonnaise, horseradish, onion and mustard.
2. Score and peel the cucumber with tines of fork and thinly slice them.
3. For making each canapé, position the cucumber slice... - 40.7553
1) Wash cucumber and halve lengthwise.
2) With a slotted spoon scoop out seeds from the center.
3) Chop cucumber measuring 1 cup.
4) Reserve remaining cucumber to use for garnish.
5) In a bowl mix chopped cucumber, shrimp, mayonnaise,... - 40.7066
Tuna Nicoise Canapes
Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Spray slices with cooking spray.
Turn slices, and spray again; brush with vinegar.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon thyme, garlic powder, and salt; sprinkle evenly over slices.
Bake at... - 40.4852
Duxelles Canapes is a delicious and exquisite appetizer that you will definitely get hooked to. Try the Duxelles Canapes recipe and surprise your guests with this tasty appetizer! - 40.4712
Brioche For Canapes
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle yeast or crumble cake into water in large bowl.
Let stand for a few minutes, then stir until dissolved.
Add next 6 ingredients and 1 1/4 cups... - 40.4132
Combine flour and milk in a pan and mix well.
Put the pan on low heat stirring constantly till thick and smooth.
Remove from heat.
Add vegetables and seasoning.
Again put the pan on fire and stir for a minute more on low heat.
Remove crusts from... - 40.3934
Smoked Trout Canapes
Rinse rice in 3 changes of hot water; drain.
Place 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Add rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes.
Drain; set aside, and let cool.
Combine ricotta cheese and egg yolk in a medium bowl, stirring... - 40.0649
Canape Recipes By Category