- » Canadian Vegetable Appetizer
Canadian Vegetable Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of canadian vegetable appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for canadian vegetable appetizer recipes.
Health Vegetable Soup
1) Use a meat chopper, to chop pork or beef liver.
2) Use a fry pan to heat up over high heat.
3) Place the chopped meat over hot pan to sear for approximately a minute or so.
4) When the meat turns brown, add the remaining... - 49.3428
Fresh Garden Vegetable Platter With Russian Dressing
Choose a selection of vegetables, some to be cooked to crisp-tender, the majority to be raw and crisp.
You will need 2-3 pounds all together.
For the cooked vegetables, simmer green or yellow beans, snow peas, or broccoli spears in separate pans of unsalted... - 46.183
Chicken Soup With Vegetable Threads
1) Discard the tough stems of the mustard greens, tear and soak the leaves in water.
2) Slice the carrots lengthwise into strips, peel and cut the jicama into 1 1/2-inch strips.
3) Cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch strips.
4) In a... - 45.834
Country Style Soup
1) Peel the potatoes and dice.
2) Thoroughly wash leeks and make thin slices of green and white parts. Instead of leeks, onions or chives can also be used in same manner.
3) In a saucepan, add butter to melt over high heat.
4) Add leek... - 45.8092
Chilled Cucumber Chive Soup
Chilled Cucumber Chive Soup is a wonderful soup that is often a it at my parties! Trust me this is the perfect dish to start your parties! Try this Chilled Cucumber Chive Soup! - 45.3685
Chicken & Vegetable Soup
In a 5-quart pan, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
Add rice; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, and zucchini; cover and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender-crisp to bite about 10 more minutes.
Meanwhile, melt... - 44.4457
Quebec Vegetable Soup
1) In a soup kettle, add all the ingredients.
2) Place the soup kettle over heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for another 4 hours.
4) During the first one hour of cooking, you need to stir... - 44.3268
On baking sheet, toast pecans in 350Ã‚Â°F (180Ã‚Â°C) oven for about 5 minutes or until fragrant; set aside.
* In large heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
* Add... - 43.6887
French Canadian Split Pea Soup
In kettle mix peas, ham bone, onion, bouillon granules, salt, pepper, and 8 cups water.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring often.
Remove ham bone; chop meat.
Return meat to soup; add carrot and celery.
Simmer 30... - 43.6162
Grilled Halibut With Garden Vegetables
Marinade: In large saucepan, combine stock, wine, lemon juice, oil, peppercorns, coriander seeds, salt, thyme, fennel seeds (if using), parsley, garlic and bay leaf; bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Strain and return liquid to... - 43.5884
Vegetable Beef Soup
In a large Dutch oven stir together the water, meat, bouillon granules, bay leaves, oregano, marjoram, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
When the meat is cool enough to handle, cut it off the bones and... - 43.366
Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
In colander, sprinkle eggplant with salt; toss to coat and let drain for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place peppers on greased grill 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) from medium-hot coals or on medium-high setting.
Grill,... - 43.2299
Family Fare Chicken Vegetable Soup
In saucepan over mediumheat, bring potatoes to boiling point in enough salted water to cover.
Cook potatoes 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
In large saucepan, heat stock to boiling.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add onion, carrots, and celery; simmer 5... - 42.8365
Vegetable Medley Soup
This Vegetable Medley Soup is sure to win a few hearts over dinner. The soups offers a surprising mixture of vegetables and unexpected flavors. Serve the Vegetable Medley Soup for parties and watch how everyone gets addicted to it! - 42.6647
Square Meal Vegetable Beef Soup
Heat the fat in a 6-quart saucepot or kettle.
Add meat and brown on all sides.
Add the soup bone, onion, and water to the saucepot.
Cover tightly and bring to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, or until meat is almost... - 42.6433
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook leeks for 1 minute.
Drain and cool under cold water; drain again.
Combine goat cheese, orange rind and juice, tarragon, pepper, and salt to taste; set aside.
Lay 1 sheet of the phyllo pastry on work surface, keeping... - 41.6618
Quick Beet Soup With Yogurt
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
Stir in beets, tomatoes, beef broth, water, vinegar and caraway seeds; bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer for 15... - 41.6221
Lilli's Vegetable Beef Soup
1. In a skillet, brown meat in oil and drain.
2. In a large slow cooker combine all ingredients except water and cover with water.
3. With cover, cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
4. Serve as desired. - 41.0806
Place beef and bone in large kettle, cover with water and add salt.
Cover kettle, bring to boil and skim.
Simmer 4 hours; then remove bone, skin and fat.
Chop meat, and reserve.
Add remaining ingredients, except parsley, cover, and simmer 1/2 hour.
Add meat,... - 40.3557
Vegetable Potato Beef Soup
1. In microwave-safe container combine vegetables and water and microwave with cover on High for 18-20 minutes without draining.
2. Then place vegetables in slow cooker and add all ingredients.
3. Cook with cover on Low for 6-8 hours such that... - 39.4142
Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Remove chicken neck and giblets; rinse.
Reserve neck and liver for other uses; place remaining giblets in a 6- to 8-quart pan.
Pull off and discard lumps of fat from chicken; rinse chicken and add to pan.
Add water, garlic, peppercorns, and chiles.
Bring to a... - 39.2325
Crunchy Veggies And Dip
In large pot of boiling water, cook cauliflower for 4 minutes.
With slotted spoon, remove and chill in cold water; drain and pat dry.
Repeat with broccoli, blanching for 3 minutes.
In rows of different colors, arrange cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beans,... - 38.9919
Canadian Pea Soup
Place peas in a soup pot, cover with the cold water and soak overnight.
Next morning add the chopped vegetables, ham bone and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 3 or 4 hours.
Stir mixture occasionally and add a little... - 38.4543
Chilled Tomato Bouillon
Combine all ingredients except garlic in a saucepan.
Cover; simmer 6 to 8 minutes and strain.
Add the garlic.
Cool; chill about 3 hours.
Remove garlic before serving - 38.1699
Vegetable Beef Soup
1. In a slow cooker combine all ingredients and without draining vegetables, add water to fill slow cooker to within 3 inches of top
2. With cover cook on Low for 8 hours such that meat is tender and vegetables are soft.
3. Serve as desired. - 38.0852
Kim's Vegetable Beef Soup
1. In a slow cooker combine all ingredients to mix well and cook with cover on Low for 12-14 hours or on High for 4-6 hours.
2. Serve as desired. - 37.8653
Anona's Beef Vegetable Soup
1. In slow cooker place all ingredients and cook with cover on Low for 8-10 hours.
2. To serve remove the bone. - 37.3885
Ruby's Vegetable Beef Soup
1. In a slow cooker combine all ingredients to mix well and cook with cover on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
2. Serve as desired. - 36.986
Endive And Red Lettuce Salad With Apple Wedges And Walnuts
Dressing: In bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, black and cayenne peppers and sugar; gradually whisk in vegetable and walnut oils.
Refrigerate, covered, for up to 6 hours.
Separate lettuce leaves, discarding coarse or bruised parts.
Cut endives vertically... - 36.9446
Rosemary Baked Potatoes And Red Pepper Slices
Peel potatoes if desired; cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
Halve pepper lengthwise; seed and slice into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
In large bowl, toss together potatoes, red pepper, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; transfer to 13- X 9-inch (3 L)... - 36.1849
French Canadian Onion Soup
Fry onions in oil until golden brown.
Stir in flour, then stock and seasonings; simmer 10 minutes.
Pour soup into individual ovenproof dishes, put a slice of toast on top, and cover with cheese.
Broil 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. - 35.0034
Black Bean & Vegetable Soup
1. Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the onion, leek, courgettes (zucchini), carrots, red pepper, potato and French beans and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
2. Stir in the broad... - 34.9268
Vegetable Parmesan Soup
Add water, potato, onion, carrot and celery in 2-quart casserole; cover.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) until potatoes are tender, 12 to 17 minutes, stirring after half the cooking time.
Stir in consomme and half-and-half; cover.
Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)... - 34.4511
Beef Vegetable Soup
In slow cooker, combine all ingredients; cover and cook for about 6 hours on high setting or for 12 to 15 hours on low setting.
(Soup gets thicker the longer it cooks.) - 34.0173
Canadian Vegetable Soup
Mix potatoes, Sauce Mix, broth, water, carrots, and celery in 3-quart saucepan.
Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Stir in milk.
Garnish... - 33.3834
Golden Vegetable Soup
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion until softened. Stir in squash, carrots and turmeric until vegetables are evenly colored yellow.
Add stock, bay leaf and thyme; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add corn; simmer for... - 30.9695
Cook onion in butter for 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly. - 30.0088
Canadian Pea Soup
1. Pick over and wash the peas. Soak twelve hours in water with one-half teaspoon baking soda; or use quick method
2. Rinse the peas well and place in a pot with the cold water and salt pork. Bring to a boil, skim and add the vegetables. Let simmer four... - 29.1602
Onion Soup Seasoned With Worcestershire Sauce
Prepare beef broth in a saucepan.
Add the onions and Worcestershire sauce.
Cover and simmer until onions are tender.
If desired, top each serving with 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan or sharp Cheddar cheese.
(Add 28 calories to each serving when using cheese.) - 28.0372
Slow Cooked Vegetable Beef Soup
1. In slow cooker combine all ingredients and cook with cover on High 3 hours and then on Low 3-4 hours.
2. Serve as desired. - 27.685