- » Canadian Snack
Canadian Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of canadian snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for canadian snack recipes.
Delicious Icebox Swirl Cookies
IT'S COOKIE TIME! This is an interesting cookie recipe coming from Sobeys. It has a little gourmet effect which I love. So crunchy, so munchy, so colorful! Kids will love it. It is a must try this Holiday season, Enjoy! - 136.762
1-2-3 Raw Pecan Pie Balls
Instant energy boosting pecan balls! These are great to carry for a healthy snack and when you feel you are low on energy or have a sweet craving, pop one of these in your mouth and you can run a marathon! Made with organic raw ingredients, these pecan balls... - 134.579
Triple Oat Cookies
A trio of oats- large-flake oats, steel-cut oats, and oat bran- makes these cookies just about as oaty as you can get. - 130.885
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 100.794
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
How about a dessert with some green tea in the winter? The this brownie with the zucchini incorporated is the best thing to have! Nutritious and hardly takes 5 minutes to make! - 96.7795
Toasted Filbert Coffee Cake
Toasted Filbert Coffee Cake is simply yummy. The eggs with sour cream gives the Toasted Filbert Coffee Cake a two dimensional taste. - 52.5131
Light Fruit Cake
Grease a 10" tube pan and line with brown paper and grease paper.
Combine almonds, cherries, raisins, citron, and pineapple; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the flour.
Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until creamy.
Beat egg yolks well and add to butter... - 49.048
Potato Doughnuts With Cinnamon Sugar
Combine the mashed potatoes, 1 cup sugar, eggs, and melted butter.
Sift together the 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
Add these dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the potato mixture.
Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
Remove 1/2 the... - 48.8055
Classic Oatmeal Cookies
Cream the butter till fluffy.
Beat in the sugar and egg.
Add the vanilla.
Sift together the flour and salt.
Combine with the rolled oats and stir into the creamed mixture.
Stir the soda into the water.
Mix into the dough.
Wrap in waxed paper and chill... - 48.6477
Oatmeal Date Cookies
Cream butter till light and fluffy.
Gradually add the brown and white sugar, beating well.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
Add the vanilla.
Sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
Add to the creamed mixture.
Work in the rolled oats... - 48.5601
Very Hot Ginger Snaps
Bring the butter, molasses, and water to the boil in a large saucepan.
Stir to melt the butter.
Sift the dry ingredients together.
Add to the molasses mixture.
Incorporate into a ball.
Cool at least 1 hour.
Divide the dough into 4 parts.
Roll out each... - 48.0628
Molasses Nut Cookies
1) In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
2) Stir the molasses and sugar into the melted butter and allow the sugar to melt. Allow the mixture to cool.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda, and spices
4) Add 1/3rd of the... - 47.9916
Father's Molasses Cookies
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it to 375° F
2) Take a bowl and mix sugar and butter, creaming them thoroughly until fluffy and light.
3) Add molasses along with the milk and eggs and stir them in by beating well.
4) Sift the flour... - 47.9689
Whole Grain Nut Bread
Spray 1-quart round casserole with vegetable cooking spray.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons wheat germ.
Tilt dish to coat.
In medium mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, rye flour, cracked wheat flour, walnuts and baking soda.
In small... - 47.9192
Maple Butter Twists
Grease 2-8 inch round cake pans.
In large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour with the next 3 ingredients.
In a small saucepan, heat milk andmargarine until very warm.
Add with the eggs to the flour mixture.
Beat with electric mixer on low speed until moistened,... - 47.8061
Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
Combine water and molasses.
Sift flour with remaining ingredients except last 2.
Add alternately to first mixture with water and molasses, blending well after each addition.
Roll out a small... - 47.5391
Crispy Marshmallow Ghosts
1) In a saucepan,stir in butter until melted and add the miniature marshmallows,mix well until smooth.
2) Now add the vanilla and mix well.
3) Into a large bowl,transfer the mixture by scraping and stir in cereal until coated.
4) Over a saucepan of... - 47.507
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix in raisins and oatmeal.
3. Add in egg, milk, and oil and beat to mix well.
4. Using a teaspoon, add batter, 1 teaspoon each,... - 47.4483
Maple Pecan Sticky Rolls
To make the sweet DOUGH: In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup of the all-purpose flour, 1 cup of the whole-wheat flour, the undissolved yeast, cinnamon and salt.
In a small saucepan, heat and stir the milk and sugar until very warm (120° to 130°).
Stir the... - 47.2296
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, soda and spices together.
3) In a large bowl, cream the margarine.
4) Beat in the sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
5) Add the egg and vanilla, then beat in the... - 46.7936
Pumpkin Nut Bread
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Combine pumpkin, sugar, milk, and eggs in a large bowl.
Add softened butter and then the dry ingredients.
Mix until blended.
Stir in nuts.
Pour into a well-greased loaf pan 9" x 4".
Bake... - 46.4768
Chocolate Nut Bread
Combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa; sift together into mixing bowl.
Beat eggs with milk.
Add liquid to the dry ingredients and blend.
Add butter, chopped nuts, and ground nuts; mix thoroughly.
Divide dough evenly between 2 greased loaf... - 46.4373
Maple Sugar Cookies
Cream butter till light and fluffy.
Beat in the sugar and egg.
Add the vanilla and milk.
Sift the flour together with the baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
Stir into the beaten mixture.
Chill dough thoroughly.
Roll out 3/8" on a lightly floured board.
Cut out... - 46.1884
Fall Tea Sandwiches
Cut the white bread into thin slices.
Trim the crusts (save them for making into buttered crumbs or croutons).
Cut the turkey into thin slices.
Remove the stem from the tomatoes and slice vertically.
Rasp the skin of the cucumber and cut into... - 46.0723
You'll simply love this Cheese Scones. I bet, this delicious cheese recipe would surely tempt you to prepare this Cheese Scones again and again. - 45.9334
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix all the ingredients together well.
3) Form the mixture into balls.
4) Roll the dough balls in sugar and use a fork to flatten.
5) Bake in preheated oven till done.
6) Serve... - 45.6646
Date And Raisin Squares
Combine all ingredients for the filling in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and simmer until the mixture is thick and the moisture absorbed.
Cream the butter till light and fluffy.
Beat in the sugar.
Add the vanilla.
Sift together the flour, soda, and salt;... - 45.662
Sugar And Spice Cookies
Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Add egg and milk; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Add to creamed mixture, beating well.
Stir in vanilla.
Chill dough 1 hour.
Roll out dough onto... - 45.6607
Fruited Coffee Braid
Measure and chill butter in the freezer until very hard.
Sprinkle yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar into the lukewarm water, and let stand until dissolved, about 10 minutes.
Add eggs, and set aside.
Sift flour, salt and 1/3 cup sugar into a large bowl.
Hold butter... - 45.5948
Mushroom Topped Muffins
1) In a skillet, saute the Canadian-style bacon in the butter or margarine until evenly brown.
2) Remove and keep warm.
3) In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in the drippings until softened.
4) Drain off the excess liquid.
5) In a... - 45.4677
Gremolata Vegetables And Wholewheat Pasta
Cook the pasta in a large pan in masses of boiling salted water; drain, and toss in the parsley, lemon rind, garlic and olive oil.
Make a sauce by mixing the butter, cheese and the eggs with 2 tablespoons of the soured cream.
In a souffle dish, layer the... - 45.4558
Double Strawberry Shortcake
Wash, hull and sort strawberries.
Pick out and slice any that are soft or under ripe.
Add enough sliced good berries to make 1 cup, and spread in well-greased 8- or 9-inch ring mold.
Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
Halve remaining berries.
Sweeten to taste with... - 45.4502
1.Preheat the oven at 450 degrees.
2.In a large bowl, mix flour with baking powder, salt and sugar and also add pieces of margarine to it and stir till a loose and rough mixture is formed.
3.Put the currants in the bowl and mix them... - 45.4109
Nut Butter Bread
1) Using a measuring cup sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the... - 45.1523
Old Fashioned Diamond Nut Bread
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf tin (or two 8-inch X 4-inch X 2 1/2 -€“inch pans) with butter or oil and dust it with a little of the flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large-size mixing... - 45.1076
Canadian Mushroom Sandwiches
1 Split the rolls; if desired, reserve tops to accompany open-faced sandwiches.
2 Spread the roll bottoms with butter.
3 In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine bacon, onion, mushrooms and parsley.
4 Cook uncovered in a microwave oven for about 2... - 44.9623
In large bowl, combine flour and baking powder; stir in almonds.
Whisk together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and orange rind; stir into flour mixture until soft, sticky dough forms.
Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface; with hands,... - 44.8414
Beat sugar, shortening and eggs together until very fluffy.
Add sour milk and sifted dry ingredients, alternately.
Dough will be soft.
Coat dough with flour, and knead slightly.
Roll or pat out to 3/8-inch thickness.
Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
Fry in... - 44.7072
Hot Cross Buns
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar and the yeast over the- lukewarm water.
Let stand until dissolved.
Scald milk, and pour into a bowl.
Add butter and sugar.
Stir, and cool to lukewarm.
Add egg and yeast mixture.
Beat in the next 5 ingredients sifted together.
Add... - 44.6803
Mushroom Cheese Canapes
1. Take a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher and add butter along with pepper sauce. Melt the butter over microwave at high speed for about half a minute.
2. Add flour and mushroom liquid.
3. Add cheese to the sauce and stir well.
4. Cook the mixture... - 44.5591
Canadian Snack Recipes By Category