- » Canadian Lacto Ovo Vegetarian
Canadian Lacto Ovo Vegetarian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of canadian lacto ovo vegetarian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for canadian lacto ovo vegetarian recipes.
Triple Oat Cookies
A trio of oats- large-flake oats, steel-cut oats, and oat bran- makes these cookies just about as oaty as you can get. - 130.885
Quick Maple Tarts
These delicate, sweet maple tarts are so quick to prepare they make a perfect 'go to' dessert when you have not planned for a dessert and are a real crowd pleaser for pot luck parties or family get-togethers. The recipe can easily be halved when making them... - 121.186
Feisty White Christmas
Does the thought of swigging raw egg white make you sick to the stomach? Then you are in luck. Derrick Schommer's Christmas drink is a perfection of the traditional eggnog that comes topped with the truly feisty white chocolate liqueur and southern comfort. A... - 105.167
Election Night Salad
1. For the dressing in a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, and daring dill spice blend.
2. Take a large bowl and combine cabbage (purple and neutral), and carrot together.
3. Stir in the dressing. Mix it well.
4. This salad can be... - 103.608
Classic Potato Poutine
If you want to replicate the professional-quality Potato Poutine at home, then this is the right place to look at. Perhaps you never knew that you can prepare it without involving any cooking method. How - well, the video has the answer. Follow the chef and... - 102.59
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 100.794
Toasted Filbert Coffee Cake
Toasted Filbert Coffee Cake is simply yummy. The eggs with sour cream gives the Toasted Filbert Coffee Cake a two dimensional taste. - 52.5131
Cranberry Nut Cakes
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, lightly with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Stir in... - 51.0278
Braided Sesame Seed Bread
1) Use a measuring cup, to sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup warm water.
2) Place aside to stand in warm place for 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Pour in oil and honey.
4) In the food processor, use the PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In... - 50.2863
Lemon Pumpkin Pie
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) Grease a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
3) In a large bowl add pumpkin, egg substitute, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
4) Heat thoroughly.
5) Fill into the pie plate.
6)... - 49.4909
Arrowroot Pumpkin Pie
1.Pre-heat oven at 425 degrees Farenheit.
2.To prepare pie crust crumble cookies.
3.Wet fingers with water
4 In a 10 inch glass pie pan, spread cookies evenly using moistened fingers, pressing the crumbs against the bottom of the dish.
4.... - 49.4773
Maple Walnut Banana Squares
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Take the baking pan and grease it.
3) Take the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them and keep aside.
4) Take a bowl and mix the butter or margarine and sugar. Beat them to make the... - 49.3971
Red Cream Pie
1) In a saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, flour, salt and ginger together.
2) Stir in the orange peel, then gradually blend in the milk.
3) Bring the mixture just to a boil over a medium high heat, stirring constantly.
4) Then allow to simmer over a... - 49.126
Green Herb Soup
1) In a saucepan, add butter to melt.
2) Add leek, spinach, lettuce and sorrel, sauté together in melted butter.
3) Cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for some time to soften the vegetables.
4) Pour in boiling water to the... - 49.0914
Light Fruit Cake
Grease a 10" tube pan and line with brown paper and grease paper.
Combine almonds, cherries, raisins, citron, and pineapple; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the flour.
Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until creamy.
Beat egg yolks well and add to butter... - 49.048
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
1. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with oil or unsalted butter
2. In a small bowl, soak gelatin in cold water, to soften.
3. Prepare a double boiler. Use a sturdy 2- or 4-quart sauce pan. Fill the sauce pan with 2 or 3 inches of water and bringing it... - 48.9786
Potato Doughnuts With Cinnamon Sugar
Combine the mashed potatoes, 1 cup sugar, eggs, and melted butter.
Sift together the 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
Add these dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the potato mixture.
Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
Remove 1/2 the... - 48.8055
Ever Favorite Apricot Nut Bread
1. Drain the apricots into a food processor or liquidizer and reserve the syrup separately.
2. Blend the apricots into a smooth puree.
3. Measure the puree, adding a little syrup to equal 1 cup.
4. Grease an 8-inch X 4-inch loaf pan with butter... - 48.7222
1) In a saucepan, boil potato in water until tender.
2) Peel the potatoes, when still hot. Mash the potatoes and allow cooling.
3) Add cold water, oil and honey.
4) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
5) Let stand in a... - 48.7171
Corn And Black Bean Salad
1) In a large bowl, mix together corn, beans, bell pepper, green onions, red onion, garlic, tomato and jalapeno pepper.
2) Keep the corn mixture aside for use.
3) For preparation of dressing : In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix together Italian... - 48.6978
Classic Oatmeal Cookies
Cream the butter till fluffy.
Beat in the sugar and egg.
Add the vanilla.
Sift together the flour and salt.
Combine with the rolled oats and stir into the creamed mixture.
Stir the soda into the water.
Mix into the dough.
Wrap in waxed paper and chill... - 48.6477
Oatmeal Date Cookies
Cream butter till light and fluffy.
Gradually add the brown and white sugar, beating well.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
Add the vanilla.
Sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
Add to the creamed mixture.
Work in the rolled oats... - 48.5601
Salmon And Mushroom Loaf
In 1-quart casserole, combine mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
Microwave at High for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp, stirring once.
Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes.
Add salmon, 1/2 cup mushroom soup, rolled oats, wheat germ, egg whites,... - 48.525
Soak raisins in hot water.
Let stand till raisins are plump.
Drain; set aside.
Heat milk just till warm (115° to 120°); add yeast from hot roll mix and stir till yeast is dissolved.
Combine eggs, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sugar, lemon peel, ground mace,... - 48.3894
Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 425 degrees.
2) Take a bowl and mix the milk, sugar, spices, pumpkin and a little salt in it by stirring it well.
3) You can also add some rum to the mixture.
4) Take another bowl and combine 2 eggs... - 48.2508
Pear Upside Down Cake
Preheat the oven to 350°.
With a pastry brush, spread the tablespoon of softened butter evenly on the sides of a 9-inch springform cake pan.
Then stir 6 tablespoons of the melted butter and the brown sugar to-gether and pat the mixture smoothly over the... - 48.1972
Traditional Potato Salad
Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes, in the boiling water and first tsp salt.
Shake dry a few seconds over the heat, remove.
Peel and dice.
Combine with the rest of the salad ingredients.
Blend together the dressing ingredients.
Stir... - 48.1524
Date Layer Cake
The Date Layer Cake is a unique and tasty dessert that is incomparable in its taste. Prepare the Date Layer Cake using this recipe and surprise your guests with this extremely creative dessert! - 48.093
Very Hot Ginger Snaps
Bring the butter, molasses, and water to the boil in a large saucepan.
Stir to melt the butter.
Sift the dry ingredients together.
Add to the molasses mixture.
Incorporate into a ball.
Cool at least 1 hour.
Divide the dough into 4 parts.
Roll out each... - 48.0628
Sherry Gold Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to sift together.
3) Fold in butter, shortening, flavoring, yolks and milk.
4) In a mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Alternately whip vigorously... - 48.036
Pumpkin Praline Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Take a bowl add mashed pumpkin, eggs, spices, condensed milk, and salt. Add this mixture to electric mixture and blend it till they turn smooth.
3. Portion the mixture on pastry shell and bake for... - 48.0047
Molasses Nut Cookies
1) In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
2) Stir the molasses and sugar into the melted butter and allow the sugar to melt. Allow the mixture to cool.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda, and spices
4) Add 1/3rd of the... - 47.9916
Father's Molasses Cookies
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it to 375° F
2) Take a bowl and mix sugar and butter, creaming them thoroughly until fluffy and light.
3) Add molasses along with the milk and eggs and stir them in by beating well.
4) Sift the flour... - 47.9689
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Sift the salt, flour and cayenne together and make a well in the center. Add 1 tablespoon of water and softened butter. Blend with fingers, adding more water if needed. Chill the mixture for at... - 47.9418
Whole Grain Nut Bread
Spray 1-quart round casserole with vegetable cooking spray.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons wheat germ.
Tilt dish to coat.
In medium mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, rye flour, cracked wheat flour, walnuts and baking soda.
In small... - 47.9192
Strawberry Nut Bread
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract until fluffy.
3) Beat in eggs.
4) Sift flour with baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
5) Combine jam and sour cream and add in... - 47.9147
Marinated Green Bean And Onion Salad
Peel and slice onions thinly.
Cover with cold water.
Set aside for 2 hours.
Drain onions, press water out with paper towels.
Steam beans 15-20 minutes or boil beans 12-15 minutes until tender but still slightly crisp.
Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt,... - 47.8106
Maple Butter Twists
Grease 2-8 inch round cake pans.
In large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour with the next 3 ingredients.
In a small saucepan, heat milk andmargarine until very warm.
Add with the eggs to the flour mixture.
Beat with electric mixer on low speed until moistened,... - 47.8061
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Take a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf tin and grease it with cooking spray or oil.
3. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together to make light and fluffy cream.
4. Add beaten eggs one by one in the... - 47.777
Old Fashioned Vanilla Sugar Cookies
Old Fashioned Vanilla Sugar Cookies is a delicious cookies that can make your children go crazy! I I prepared these cookies just last month and before I could store them, more than half of it was over! The Old Fashioned Vanilla Sugar Cookies is simply too... - 47.7218
Winter Squash Pudding With Rose Water
Peel the squash.
Steam the squash until tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain well and mash, sieve or blend. (Should be 3 cups of squash puree.)
Simmer the apples, lemon juice and rind, and water in a covered saucepan for 20 minutes.
Uncover, simmer... - 47.693
Hot Rolls With Lemon Butter
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in honey and egg.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add flour, milk... - 47.6713
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Prepeare the pie shell by putting all the pastry ingredients into a pie tin of 8-inches and using fingers to mix till all the ingredients have thoroughly blended. Crumble the mix all over... - 47.6306
Canadian Rum Cake
Chop dates and walnuts.
Cream butter and sugar until well blended.
Add dates and nuts.
Mix soda with water and pour over first mixture.
Stir in flour and salt, beating until smooth.
Add rum and blend well.
Turn into greased pan (13 x 9 x 2 inches)... - 47.5391
Crispy Marshmallow Ghosts
1) In a saucepan,stir in butter until melted and add the miniature marshmallows,mix well until smooth.
2) Now add the vanilla and mix well.
3) Into a large bowl,transfer the mixture by scraping and stir in cereal until coated.
4) Over a saucepan of... - 47.507
Raspberry Almond Flan
1) Preheat oven at 190°C, 375°F/Gas 5.
2) In a bowl, place the flour. Add butter to rub with the flour.
3) Add 50 g (2 oz) sugar to combine with the flour and bind with beaten egg.
4) Knead the flour properly to a smooth dough.
5) In another... - 47.468
Gourmet Hot Cross Buns
Dissolve the yeast and 1 tsp sugar in the water.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Combine the butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
Add the scalded milk.
Stir to dissolve the sugar and to melt the butter.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add the yeast mixture and the egg to the milk mixture.
Sift... - 47.4637
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix in raisins and oatmeal.
3. Add in egg, milk, and oil and beat to mix well.
4. Using a teaspoon, add batter, 1 teaspoon each,... - 47.4483
Easy Canned Pumpkin Pie
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Heat the milk to scalding point.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F before baking
4. Into a mixing bowl add the canned pumpkin along with the spices and salt.
5. Use a fork and mash... - 47.4476
Orange And Apple Cake
1) Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F/Gas 4.
2) Use a large (21-litre or 5 1/2-pint) roasting tin to line with greaseproof paper. Grease the tin and the paper.
3) Cut the orange into pieces after scrubbing. Discard the pip and finely chop or... - 47.338
Maple Pecan Sticky Rolls
To make the sweet DOUGH: In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup of the all-purpose flour, 1 cup of the whole-wheat flour, the undissolved yeast, cinnamon and salt.
In a small saucepan, heat and stir the milk and sugar until very warm (120° to 130°).
Stir the... - 47.2296
Potato And Cream Pie
Rub the butter into the flour to a breadcrumb consistency.
Beat one of the eggs and mix it in with the milk to make a dough.
Cut the dough in half and roll into two circles about 20 cm/ 8 inches in diameter.
Peel and slice the potatoes fairly thinly and... - 47.1609
Pumpkin Spiced Pie
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for crumb crust and press onto bottom of a greased baking pan.
2) In a bowl, add the pumpkin, cover with a plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is softened.
3) Then... - 47.1475
Baked Apple Custard
1. Grease 4 custard cups or 1 pie plate with a little oil
2. Preheat the oven to 325Â°F (165Â°C.)
3. Pour 3 cups ( 750 ml) of boiling water into a large baking pan and place in the preheating oven.
4. In a small saucepan, combine... - 47.1374
Fresh Strawberry Pear Pie
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375 F.
2) In a medium bowl sieve 1 1/2 cups flour with 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
3) With a pastry blender or 2 knives (used scissors-fashion) cut in butter into it and mix until mixture... - 47.095
Cook broccoli until crisp-tender.
Saute onion in 4 tablespoons butter.
Stir in flour and stir until smooth.
Slowly add milk.
Cook until thick and bubbly.
Add salt, pepper, dry mustard, egg yolk, and cheese.
Pour half of the sauce into a 9x11-inch pan.
Place... - 47.0335
1) Melt butter in bottom layer and keep aside.
2) Blend in egg and vanilla extract to melted butter.
3) Stir in a medium bowl sugar, cocoa, crumbs, coconut and walnuts.
4) Blend in butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
5) In an ungreased pan 9" X 9"... - 46.8113
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, soda and spices together.
3) In a large bowl, cream the margarine.
4) Beat in the sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
5) Add the egg and vanilla, then beat in the... - 46.7936
Raspberry Cream Pie
1. Roll out the pastry and line an ovenproof pie plate, 9" in diameter, with it
2. Bake it in the oven for about twenty minutes at 400°F
3. In a bowl, blend the cornflour and a little milk together
4. Boil the rest of the milk and pour it into the... - 46.4957
2-bite Butter Tarts
This 2-bite Butter Tarts recipe is the favorite of my wife. Whenever there is a gathering or celebrations at my home, her emphasis on cooking this dessert. It is delicious and liked by all. So try this 2-bite Butter Tarts recipe and make the partying at... - 46.4539
Chocolate Nut Bread
Combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa; sift together into mixing bowl.
Beat eggs with milk.
Add liquid to the dry ingredients and blend.
Add butter, chopped nuts, and ground nuts; mix thoroughly.
Divide dough evenly between 2 greased loaf... - 46.4373
Chocolate Pound Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325°F before baking.
2. Take a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan, grease with butter and keep aside.
3. Beat in butter and sugar in a bowl to a creamy mixture. Add eggs and beat to fluffy.
4. Take another bowl and sift all the... - 46.2473
Traditional Potato Bread
Dissolve the yeast and the 1 tsp sugar in potato water.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Combine mashed potatoes, butter, sugar, salt, and scalded milk in a large mixing bowl.
Set aside until lukewarm.
Add the yeast mixture and egg to the mashed potato... - 46.2299
Maple Sugar Cookies
Cream butter till light and fluffy.
Beat in the sugar and egg.
Add the vanilla and milk.
Sift the flour together with the baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
Stir into the beaten mixture.
Chill dough thoroughly.
Roll out 3/8" on a lightly floured board.
Cut out... - 46.1884
1. Take a skillet and heat oil in it.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sauté them for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes along with the salt and pepper.
4. Reduce flame to low heat and cook until the tomatoes become soft.
5. Add the parsley.
6. Make the... - 46.1304
Prune Icebox Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, vinegar and vanilla and beat well.
4. Put eggs, vinegar and vanilla in the mixture and stir well.
5. Put prunes in the... - 46.0625
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder and blend them well
2. Add sugar, rub in the butter and egg yolks and form a smooth dough
3. If too soft, you can even chill it for a few minutes before using
4. Now, roll this dough out thinly and... - 45.9227
Toasted Almond Custard
Beat eggs and yolk together, lightly.
Set aside for the bubbles to subside.
Combine milk, cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
Set over moderate heat.
Stir only until the sugar dissolves.
Bring to scalding point.
Remove from heat.
Add the vanilla.
Pour the... - 45.9136
Stone Ground Brown Bread
Dissolve yeast and the 1 tbsp sugar in lukewarm water.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and boiling water in a large bowl.
Stir to melt butter.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add the beaten egg and the yeast mixture.
Beat in the whole wheat... - 45.7901
Layered Mini Omelets With Tomato Sauce
Tomato Sauce and Garnish: In medium saucepan, melt butter; cook onions over medium heat until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes: Add tomatoes, sugar and pepper; bring to boil, uncovered.
Reduce heat; break up tomatoes with fork or potato masher.
Cook, uncovered,... - 45.784
Soften yeast in the warm water; set aside.
Blend flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until particles are the size of rice kernels: set aside.
Beat egg yolks and extract until thick.
Add yeast and sour cream... - 45.7407
Buche De Noel
1. Line a 10 1/2 by 15 1/2-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper.
2. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
3. Mix the flour, salt and half the sugar. Sift together three times.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in the remaining sugar. Fold in the... - 45.7397
1. In a saucepan, mix 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, egg and vanilla for making the crust.
2. Cook until butter melts and the mixture begins to bubble.
3. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Add graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and nuts.... - 45.7077
1) Take a heavy sauce pan; mix butter, sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla in it over low heat, stirring well until mixture is of custard like consistency.
2) Mix together graham cracker crumbs, coconut and walnuts and add in to chocolate mixture, blending... - 45.6863
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix all the ingredients together well.
3) Form the mixture into balls.
4) Roll the dough balls in sugar and use a fork to flatten.
5) Bake in preheated oven till done.
6) Serve... - 45.6646
Sugar And Spice Cookies
Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Add egg and milk; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Add to creamed mixture, beating well.
Stir in vanilla.
Chill dough 1 hour.
Roll out dough onto... - 45.6607
Soften yeast in the warm water; set aside.
Mix in a large bowl the butter, sugar, extract, and salt.
Add scalded cream and stir to blend.
Thoroughly beat in 1/2 cup of the flour.
Add yeast to butter mixture; mix thoroughly.
Add the egg yolks, one at a time,... - 45.6079
Whole Wheat Pear Bread
Core pears, but do not peel.
Cut lengthwise slices from one pear and reserve to decorate top of bread.
Dice enough remaining pears to measure 1 cup.
Mix shortening, grated lemon peel, and brown sugar in a bowl.
Add honey, lemon juice, water, and egg; mix... - 45.5729
Lemon Chiffon Cake
Let the eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water, oil, peel and vanilla; add to dry ingredients.
Beat until well blended.
In another... - 45.5716
Christmas Plum Pudding
Chop suet very fine and sprinkle with 1/2 cup flour.
Dust rasins and dates with flour and add to suet.
Add bread crumbs.
Grate rinds of orange and lemon; squeeze juice and combine juice and peel with suet mixture.
Add remaining flour, apples, nuts, brown... - 45.5554
Blend flour and 1/4 cup sugar.
Cut in butter until pieces are the size of small peas.
Blend in 1 1/2 cups of the grated almonds.
Add egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
Shape dough into a ball, kneading Hghtly with fingertips; put onto an ungreased cookie sheet;... - 45.5291
Gremolata Vegetables And Wholewheat Pasta
Cook the pasta in a large pan in masses of boiling salted water; drain, and toss in the parsley, lemon rind, garlic and olive oil.
Make a sauce by mixing the butter, cheese and the eggs with 2 tablespoons of the soured cream.
In a souffle dish, layer the... - 45.4558
Soften yeast in lukewarm cream.
Stir in 1/2 tea spoon sugar and let stand 15 minutes.
Blend flour and salt.
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until particles are the size of rice kernels; set aside.
Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar... - 45.4414
Jay's Famous Cheese Pie
Have cheese and eggs at room temperature.
Mix crumbs and butter well with hands.
Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (350°F.) for 5 minutes.
Cream cheese well.
Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar.
Add eggs and 1/2... - 45.3538
Swedish Ginger Snaps
Sift flour, baking soda, and spices together; set aside.
Cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
Add egg and corn syrup and beat thoroughly.
Blend in dry ingredients in fourths, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
Refrigerate dough several... - 45.3188
Basic Vegetable Souffle
1) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it over moderate heat.
2) Mix in flour.
3) Stir in liquid slowly and heat, stirring, till it is thickened and raw taste of flour no longer remains.
4) Lightly beat the egg yolks and mix in a little hot sauce.
5)... - 45.3025
Maple Syrup Backwoods Pie
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the egg yolks and beat well.
Stir in the milk, maple syrup, and nutmeg.
Beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry.
Fold the egg whites into the syrup mixture.
Pour into the pie shell.
Bake at 450 degrees for... - 45.2464
Sweet Corn And Cheese Pie
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 375°F.
2. Take a bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and drained corn.
3. Season with paprika, salt and pepper before adding the peas and pimento.
4. Add some of the corn drained... - 45.1479
Old Fashioned Diamond Nut Bread
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf tin (or two 8-inch X 4-inch X 2 1/2 -€“inch pans) with butter or oil and dust it with a little of the flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large-size mixing... - 45.1076
Fresh Spinach Souffle
The Fresh Spinach Souffle dish is a yummy side dish for any of your parties. This well flavored and unique dish is sure to bowl your guests over. Try this wonderful Fresh Spinach Souffle recipe! - 45.0937
Almond Meringue Torte
1. Grease two 8-inch (20 cm) pie plates.
2. Preheat the oven at300°F (150°C).
3. In a bowl combine bread crumbs with 2 tbsp (25 ml) of the ground almonds and divide between two greased pie plates.
4. Shake to coat sides and bottoms,... - 45.0428
Maple Nut Pie
Start with rolling out a prepared pastry.
Line a 9-inch pie plate.
Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
Flute edge; do not prick pastry.
Bake in 450° oven for 5 minutes.
Cool thoroughly on rack.
For filling, combine brown sugar and flour.
In... - 44.8503
Place the eggs in one layer in a saucepan.
Cover with cold water.
Put on a close fitting lid.
Bring rapidly to the boil.
Immediately turn off the heat and leave for 20 minutes.
Drain and immediately cool in cold running water.
Remove... - 44.848
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; set aside. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or 10-inch tube pan.
3. In the large bowl of electric mixer, combine oil, sugar and eggs; beat, at high speed, until... - 44.779
Arrange plums skin side up in the pie shell.
Dot with sour cream and marmalade.
Combine the sugar, flour, and nutmeg.
With a pastry blender, cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the plums.
Bake at 425 degrees... - 44.5437
Coffee Chocolate Ringles
Melt chocolate; set aside to cool.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt, instant coffee, and cinnamon together; set aside.
Cream butter with extract; add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
Add egg and beat thoroughly.
Blend in cooled chocolate.
Add dry... - 44.4547
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. In a bowl, put together mashed turnips, butter and egg; mix well.
3. Stir in flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
4. Season with salt and pepper; mix well.
5. In a skillet, melt butter and toss the breadcrumbs... - 44.4463
Carob Honey Cake
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2) In a large bowl sieve dry ingredients.
3) Mix oil, honey, egg yolks, vanilla and water.
4) In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Keep aside.
5) In an electric mixer beat first mixture for 4... - 44.3506
Lemon Rum Squash Pie
Chill the pie shell.
Combine all the ingredients except the eggs and milk in a large bowl.
Beat the eggs and the milk together, strain into the other ingredients.
Pour into the pie shell.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350... - 44.2748