- » Canadian Fish
Canadian Fish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of canadian fish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for canadian fish recipes.
Onion And Apple Stuffed Cod
1) Preheat oven hot to 400 degree.
2) In a skillet heat oil. Add onion and celery. Saute until soft.
3) Add apple, parsley, sea salt, thyme and lemon juice.
4) Mix thoroughly.
5) Grease a shallow baking dish lightly with oil.
6) Arrange... - 45.7438
Remove any skin or bones from fillets.
Put fish through meat grinder 3 times, using finest blade.
Add butter or margarine, and put through grinder again.
Sift flour with salt, pepper and nutmeg; combine light cream and egg yolks.
Add flour and egg mixtures... - 45.6167
Cut cod into serving-size portions; pat dry.
Dredge lightly in flour.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown cod lightly on both sides.
Arrange cod in 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish; sprinkle with feta.
Pour remaining oil into... - 45.3275
Fish With Rarebit Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Cut the fillet into 6 equal steaks.
4. In an 8x12 inch, well-greased baking dish, arrange the fish in single layer.
5. Pour lemon juice over the fish and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt.
6. In a... - 45.1624
Broiled Whitefish With Mushroom Mayonnaise
To make the mashroom mayonnaise, sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice.
Let stand while you prepare the mayonnaise.
Combine mayonnaise with the mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley, and capers.
Chill 15 minutes to mix flavours.
Wipe the fish with a damp cloth.
Do... - 45.0649
Baked Stuffed Lake Trout
1. Wipe the fish inside and out with a damp cloth.
2. Sprinkle the cavities with about 1 tsp lemon juice.
3. Reserve the rest of the juice.
4. To prepare the dressing, place the bread crumbs in a large bowl.
5. Add the grated lemon rind.
6. Melt the butter in... - 44.7295
Mediterranean Fish And Pasta Stew
Peel and clean shrimp; cut in half.
Scrub mussels under cold water, removing any beards.
Discard any mussels that do not close.
Set seafood aside.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and hot pepper... - 44.491
Stuffed Flounder is a popular and tasty dish that you can add to your dinner plan! Trust me your guests will love this unique Stuffed Flounder! Donâ€™t forget to follow this brilliant recipe! - 44.18
Fish And Oyster Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Clean the fish by removing any skin and bones and flake it.
3) Remove the oysters from their shells. Cook them in their own liquor and the wine till the edges start to curl. Drain the... - 44.0365
Fish Fillets With Corn Salsa On Red Pepper Sauce
1. For making Red Pepper Sauce:
2. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, carrot, celery, red peppers, tomato and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Bring to boil adding stock, potato, hot pepper flakes, bay leaf and... - 43.95
Grilled Red Snapper With Tarragon Butter
1) To prepare tarragon butter : In a saucepan,mix together vinegar and white wine.
2) Allow the mixture to boil and reduce the liquid to a third of the volume.
3) Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it... - 43.9329
Mash the boiled potatoes with the milk and butter.
Drain canned salmon and discard skin and bones.
Mash flesh and add to potatoes.
Squeeze juice from one of the lemons.
Add to salmon with seasoning to taste.
Mix well and bind with one of the eggs.
Lightly... - 43.5382
In a large saucepan stir together frozen hash brown potatoes, frozen vegetables, chicken broth, basil, onion salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or till vegetables are crisp-tender.
Meanwhile,... - 43.4852
Grilled Herb Trout
Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Place 1 slice of bacon and 1 herb sprig in the cavity of each trout; close fish. (There's no need to tie the fish; it will remain closed during cooking.)
Place fish in a fish basket,... - 43.2933
Sole Saute Amandine
Sole Saute Amandine is a delicious fish preparation that you simply wouldnâ€™t want to miss. My weekend family dinners will not be complete with this yummy Sole Saute Amandine! Try I for yourself! - 42.8774
Pan Fried Minted Brook Trout
Wash and wipe the trout, making sure that the cavities are well cleaned.
Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a bag.
Gently shake each trout in the seasoned flour.
Lay on a piece of waxed paper.
To clarify butter, melt the 1/2 cup butter over low heat.
Skim... - 42.7103
Smoked Fish Dip
1. Take out the skin and bones from mackerel.
2. Flake the fish with a fork.
3. In a bowl mix fish and next 8 ingredients.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Sprinkle parsley on top.
6. Serve with assorted crackers. - 42.5729
Trout With Walnut Stuffing
In 1-quart casserole, combine margarine, celery, onions and parsley.
Microwave at High for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add remaining stuffing ingredients.
Fill each trout with half of stuffing.
Arrange trout in... - 41.9679
Tuna Spaghetti Casserole
Cook garlic and green pepper 5 minutes in hot butter in a saucepan.
Blend in a mixture of flour, salt, and paprika.
Heat until bubbly.
Remove from heat., Blend in Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
Add soup and milk gradually, stirring constantly.
Cook until... - 41.9372
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Coat the bottom of a baking pan with butter.
3) Place the fish fillets in the pan and dust it with seasonings on both the sides.
4) Put in the mushrooms.
5) In a small bowl, mix together bouillon and... - 41.9354
Salmon Salad Mold
Combine the water and lemon juice in a saucepan.
Sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid to soften; stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Remove skin and bones from salmon and flake in its liquid.
Blend salmon,... - 41.8069
Grilled Trout is a delicious seafood preparation that adds an exquisite element to your dinner spreads. The secret behind my very successful Grilled Trout is this unique recipe. You simply have to try it! - 41.7452
Fish Dinner De Luxe In Foil
Heat the butter or margarine in a skillet.
Add celery, onion, and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Mix in the salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, then the crumbled saltines and parsley; blend... - 41.7272
Place fish in a wire basket or on a plate.
If using a plate, tie it in a piece of cheesecloth.
Put onion into a deep skillet or saucepan; sprinkle with salt and pour in boiling water.
Bring to boiling; put fish into water.
Reduce heat and simmer about 10... - 41.5766
Super Tuna Ring
Melt the cream cheese in the top of a double boiler over boiling water, stirring occasionally.
Blend in the tomato soup until smooth.
Remove from heat.
Soften gelatin in water in a small saucepan.
Set over low heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Blend... - 41.4438
Baked Whitefish With Bread Stuffing
Saute the onion in 1/4 cup butter until golden.
Add next 3 ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pepper, and egg; mix well.
Fill cavity of fish with the stuffing, and sew up.
Put in a well-oiled baking dish, sprinkle with salt, and dot with butter.
Bake in... - 41.4365
Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water to soften.
Using a wire whisk, beat the eggs with milk, flour, curry powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in the top of a double boiler.
Set over hot (not boiling) water; bottom of double boiler top should not touch... - 41.3657
Fillets In Lemon Butter
1) In a dish, arrange the fillets with the thick side on the outer edges of the dish.
2) Season with the salt and pepper.
3) In 1-quart casserole, place the butter to melt in the microwave for 1 minute.
4) Blend in the parsley and lemon juice, then... - 41.245
Masala Fried Pomfret
1. Wash, scale and trim the fins of the fish.
2. Remove the intestines and bones.
3. Wash again in vinegar. Make gashes on the fish.
4. Grind the spices and salt and stuff the fish; smear outside as well.
5. Tie up with a piece of twine. Allow to stand for a... - 41.2209
Broiled Tuna With Pine Nuts And Dill
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Clean the tuna, rinse tuna and pat dry it.
3) Apply olive oil on both the sides of the fish and then place it on the broiler pan.
4) Make a mixture of cheese and sour cream and add herbs and 1 clove garlic.
5)... - 41.0567
Planked Halibut Dinner
1. Put halibut steaks into a large glass baking dish.
2. Melt butter in a small glass dish in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at HIGH). Mix in olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and dry seasonings. Drizzle over halibut. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in... - 41.0417
Baked Fish With Shrimp Stuffing
Rinse fish under cold water; drain well and pat dry with absorbent paper.
Sprinkle fish cavity generously with salt.
Combine in a bowl the shrimp, mushrooms, bread crumbs, celery, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Gradually pour 1/4 cup melted butter... - 40.8815
Masala Fried Fish
1. Clean and cut fish into pieces. Wash well.
2. Grind together coconut; coriander,'turmeric and green chillies.
3. Chop garlic and coriander leaves, slice onions.
4. Heat a little oil in a pan and slightly shallow fry the fish.
5. Remove fish. Add more oil... - 40.5528
30-minute Baked Fish Dinner
Preheat oven to 425Ã‚Â°F.
Spread halibut in foil-lined pan, mix evaporated milk and steak sauce, and spread over fish.
Sprinkle with crackers.
Dry potato quarters, and dip in salad oil.
Sprinkle generously with salt, and arrange in second baking... - 40.4504
Baked Fish With Tomato Feta Sauce
This Baked Fish With Tomato Feta Sauce is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare Baked Fish With Tomato Feta Sauce; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 40.3168
Herb Crust Salmon
1. Heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In a bowl place the Italian seasoning or herbes de Provence, sprinkle them with the salt and pepper, and mix the ingredients well.
3. Dip the salmon fillets in the egg whites, allowing the excess egg to... - 40.1447
Baked Stuffed Cod
Savory Dressing: In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and carrot until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in savory, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs.
Place one fillet in greased shallow ovenproof... - 39.9192
Newfoundland Fish And Brewis
Water salt fish for 12-14 hours, depending on the thickness of cod.
Pour off water for soaking, then cook fish.
Bring it to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes; drain.
Remove skin, bones and flake.
Soak hard bread until it can be cut with a knife.
Bring just to a... - 39.825
Five Spice Salmon With Ginger Stir Fry
1. Wash the salmon and pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Rub the five-spice powder into both sides of the fish and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until required.
2. Trim the leek, slice it down the centre and rinse under cold water to remove any... - 39.6757
Fish In Coconut Mushroom Sauce
Bring water with coconut to boiling in a saucepan.
Strain, pressing coconut to extract liquid; reserve 1/2 cup of the coconut for garnish (see Toasted Coconut, below).
Return liquid to saucepan.
Soak mushrooms according to package directions until... - 39.5678
Canadian Fish Recipes By Category
Canadian Fish Ingredient: