- » Canadian Appetizer
Canadian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of canadian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for canadian appetizer recipes.
Mairlyn's Marinated Mushrooms
Mairlyn Smith demonstrates how to make marinated mushrooms. A heart-healthy immune-enhancing hors d'oeuvre- imagine that! Serve these with a glass of red wine and feel extremely virtuous. - 135.836
Watermelon And Feta Cheese Summer Soup
Chef Nico Rahnama shows you how to prepare a delicious Watermelon and Feta Cheese Summer Soup. This delightfully refreshing cold soup can be served as an appetizer or thirst-quenching snack, perfect for cooling off in the summer months. The taste and texture... - 123.554
Wild Leek And Potato Soup
1. In a pan, heat the butter or margarine and add the leek bulbs and saute.
2. Next, add the potatoes and vegetable stock and let this come to a boil.
3. Once the mix boils, simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Next, add the leek leaves and... - 102.245
Green Herb Soup
1) In a saucepan, add butter to melt.
2) Add leek, spinach, lettuce and sorrel, sauté together in melted butter.
3) Cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for some time to soften the vegetables.
4) Pour in boiling water to the... - 49.0914
1) Take a saucepan and melt the butter or fat in it.
2) Add carrots, onions, celery leaves and cabbage together with some salt, pepper and sugar.
3) Mix the ingredients well and cover the pan.
4) Simmer it on very low heat for 25 minutes.
5) Add... - 48.4824
Old Fashioned Quebec Pea Soup
1) Add dry mustard to the salt pork and rub it in.
2) Put it in a refrigerator for 12 hours after covering it properly.
3) Wash and sort the peas before soaking them in cold water for 12 hours.
4) Take a soup kettle and place the pork and... - 48.3404
Pumpkin Praline Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Take a bowl add mashed pumpkin, eggs, spices, condensed milk, and salt. Add this mixture to electric mixture and blend it till they turn smooth.
3. Portion the mixture on pastry shell and bake for... - 48.0047
Frozen Ginger Pumpkin Pie
Stir ice cream to soften.
Quickly fold in chopped ginger and spread in pie shell.
Freeze until firm.
Mix pumpkin, sugar, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
Stir in marsh-mallows.
Fold in cream.
Pile on ice cream layer and sprinkle with nuts.
Freeze until firm.
To... - 47.7699
Chilled Watercress Soup
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Add the onions, leeks, and celery.
Stir to coat evenly with butter.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Add potatoes, stock, salt, pepper, and watercress leaves and fine... - 47.6978
1) Peel parsnips and potatoes. Cut them into slices.
2) Peel onions and cut into thin slices.
3) In a saucepan, add butter to melt.
4) Add onions, sauté for a while.
5) Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 10... - 47.594
Cheddar Cheese Soup
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the onion and carrot.
Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Continue cooking 3-4 minutes, gradually adding the stock and stirring all the time.
Add the mustard and paprika.
Simmer 20-25 minutes or until... - 47.5025
Health Vegetable Soup
1) Use a meat chopper, to chop pork or beef liver.
2) Use a fry pan to heat up over high heat.
3) Place the chopped meat over hot pan to sear for approximately a minute or so.
4) When the meat turns brown, add the remaining... - 47.3206
Caesar Salad With Parmesan Croutons
1) Rinse the romaine leaves, dry and refrigerate until needed.
2) Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the garlic, capers and anchovies into a paste with a fork.
3) Beat in the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Gradually whisk in... - 47.1826
Old Fashioned Barley Soup
1) In a bowl, put barley and pour in tepid water for soaking the barley for an hour.
2) In a soup kettle, add beef brisket or bone and coarse salt.
3) Drain water from soaked barley. Add soaked barley to the soup kettle.
4) Place the... - 47.1602
Pumpkin Spiced Pie
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for crumb crust and press onto bottom of a greased baking pan.
2) In a bowl, add the pumpkin, cover with a plastic wrap and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is softened.
3) Then... - 47.1475
Salmon Sole Rolls
Combine butter, onion and mushrooms in a 4-cup (1 -litre) glass measure.
Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until just tender, stirring once.
Combine salmon, mayonnaise and parsley.
Add drained mushrooms and onion, leaving their cooking liquid and... - 47.0692
Pumpkin Soup With Chicken Stock
Peel the pumpkin or squash and dice into 1" cubes.
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Add the pumpkin and onions.
Stir to coat.
Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Add the stock, salt, and pepper.
Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or... - 47.0161
Creamed Carrot Soup
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Add the onions.
Cook gently over low heat, covered, 1 minute.
Add the carrots.
Stir to coat the vegetables.
Cover and continue cooking over low heat 15 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Cook 2-3 minutes without... - 46.5708
Classic Potato Soup
Melt butter in a large saucepan.
Add onions and cook over medium heat until onions are transparent but not browned, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, stirring well to coat with butter.
Continue cooking gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Heat the... - 46.5305
Peel and wash potatoes.
Slice as for French-fries.
Break green beans into 2-inch pieces.
Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
Add potatoes, beans, and bouillon.
Simmer, covered, over low heat for 45 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
Stir... - 46.4678
Split Pea And Ham Soup
Combine the peas and water.
Bring to the boil.
Remove from the heat and let stand 1 hour.
Skim any impurities from the top.
Add the bone, vegetables, and seasonings but not the salt.
Simmer uncovered about 2 hours or until the peas are tender.
Taste, add salt... - 46.2574
Clear Tomato Bouillon With Croutons
Combine all the ingredients for the soup except the egg whites, salt, and sherry.
Cover, bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Return the strained soup to a clean saucepan.
Beat egg whites until frothy.
Add to the soup and return to... - 45.9765
Chicken Soup With Vegetable Threads
1) Discard the tough stems of the mustard greens, tear and soak the leaves in water.
2) Slice the carrots lengthwise into strips, peel and cut the jicama into 1 1/2-inch strips.
3) Cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch strips.
4) In a... - 45.9339
Canadian Split Pea Soup
1) Take a bowl to combine hot water, chicken broth, split peas, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
2) Take a 4-quart casserole for combining ham hock, butter, celery, onion and carrot. Tightly cover the casserole with... - 45.9273
Shrimps In Dill
Drop the shrimps and lemon peel into boiling water.
Boil 5 minutes over medium heat.
Discard the lemon.
Shell the shrimps and remove the black vein.
Place in a bowl with the lemon juice, oil, parsley, dill, onion, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp... - 45.8815
Fresh Vegetable Beef Soup
Fresh Vegetable Beef Soup is a delightful soup meant for those with a weakness for beef. Its no wonder that it is one of my favorite. Donâ€™t miss out on this wonderful Fresh Vegetable Beef Soup recipe ! - 45.8547
Quebec Green Tomato Soup
1) In a saucepan, add tomatoes, onion, cinnamon, ground cloves, sugar, pepper and water.
2) Place the saucepan over heat. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 20 minutes.
3) Sprinkle soda.
4) In a separate pan, add butter to melt over low heat.
5)... - 45.7946
Old Fashioned Fresh Vegetable Beef Soup
In large kettle or Dutch oven combine beef cross cuts, water, salt, oregano, marjoram, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
Bring mixture to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Remove the beef.
Cut meat from bones; chop meat.
Strain broth; skim off... - 45.7797
Combine the butter and the bacon in a deep saucepan.
Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 or 3 minutes or until the bacon is limp.
Add the onion and cook 2 minutes longer.
Add the tomatoes and the peas and season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring... - 45.6776
Homemade Creamy Chicken Liver Pate
Melt the first 1/4 cup butter in a frying pan.
Add the onions and saute over medium heat 3 minutes.
Add the apples and continue cooking until the apples and onions are transparent.
Pour into the container of a blender.
Melt the second 1/4 cup butter, letting... - 45.641
Black Bean Vegetarian Chili
In saucepan, cover beans with water and soak for 3 hours; drain.
Cover again with water and bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or just until tender.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and... - 45.2487
Sweet Corn And Cheese Pie
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 375°F.
2. Take a bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese and drained corn.
3. Season with paprika, salt and pepper before adding the peas and pimento.
4. Add some of the corn drained... - 45.1479
1) Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding blade, process the dough until shredded.
3) In the processor bowl with a chopping blade, process 2 tablespoons margarine pieces, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon... - 45.1304
Easy Cheesy Tomato Pie
Cut each sheet of phyllo in half crosswise; laid 1 half on tea towel, keeping remaining halves covered with damp towel.
Brush sheet with some of the butter; place another sheet on top, making sure edges are not perfectly aligned.
Brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of... - 44.9852
Cold Orange Carrot Soup
1. In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and carrots, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
2. Stir in stock, juice, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat to... - 44.9275
Place the eggs in one layer in a saucepan.
Cover with cold water.
Put on a close fitting lid.
Bring rapidly to the boil.
Immediately turn off the heat and leave for 20 minutes.
Drain and immediately cool in cold running water.
Remove... - 44.848
1) Use a chopper, to chop or grate carrots, onions, celery and potato.
2) Thinly slice the mushrooms.
3) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
4) Add barley and basil or savory.
5) Cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat to... - 44.7706
Mini Pork And Bacon Pies
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a bowl and add a good pinch each of salt and pepper. Gently heat the fat and water in a large pan until the fat has melted. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to the boil. Pour the hot liquid into the flour,... - 44.7563
Baked Pork Chops With Caper Sauce
Coat chops on all sides with 2 tablespoons of the flour, shaking off excess.
Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat; add chops and cook until browned on all sides.
Transfer chops to a 9-inch square baking pan.
In a glass measuring cup, stir... - 44.6042
Mediterranean Fish And Pasta Stew
Peel and clean shrimp; cut in half.
Scrub mussels under cold water, removing any beards.
Discard any mussels that do not close.
Set seafood aside.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and hot pepper... - 44.491
Canadian Appetizer Recipes By Category
Canadian Appetizer Course: