- » Canadian
Canadian Food is characterized by baked preparations made with fresh or preserved, all-time or seasonal ingredients, mostly flesh of hunted animals. Roast beef with Yorkshire pudding(an Anglo-Canadian Sunday ... More »
Sweet Potato Poutine Recipe - Canadian Favourites
The Canadian’s love their Poutine. Why won’t they? Who can resist French fries topped with cheese curds a rich gravy. This recipe is inspired by the French Canadian version with a complete makeover, Pinoy-style. Jay make a poutine with sweet potato fries... - 125.591
Kids are fond of cookie and they are really excited when they get to make some. So, if you want to let your kids in baking, these crumbly cookie is a great idea to get started. Enjoy with your kids making them, shaping them and topping them. - 124.865
Classic French Canadian Yellow Pea Soup
A hearty and warm soup is all you want in a chilled, wintery evening. This yellow split pea soup cooked in French Canadian style, is just perfect for this purpose. Watch the video to learn the steps for preparing this soup and feel warm in those wintery... - 114.711
Mairlyn's Marinated Mushrooms
Mairlyn Smith demonstrates how to make marinated mushrooms. A heart-healthy immune-enhancing hors d'oeuvre- imagine that! Serve these with a glass of red wine and feel extremely virtuous. - 113.742
Mushroom And Cheddar Cheese Burger
Burger with cheese and mushroom sounds great, isn't it. This is an excellent video that presents this versatile recipe that is easy to make and enjoy. The video also updates you with the serving suggestions with meaty Portabella fries and a spicy dip, this... - 111.329
In this video Barry & Phoebe make a popular Canadian treat - the Nanaimo Bar! - 108.544
True Canadian Cocktail
If you love a drink that's strong and stings a little on the way down, you will appreciate the true blue Canadian cocktail. No ice, no frills, just pure booze with a touch of maple sweetness. Stream the video to know how this is made. - 106.721
Canadian Avalanche Cocktail
1. In a glass, add the ice cubes, kahlua, whiskey and stir well with a bar spoon.
2. Top with cream.
3. Serve chilled. - 105.312
Canadian Peameal Bacon
Have you ever tasted the Canadian bacon - if not, then you should not miss this opportunity to prepare your own and serve a regal breakfast on table. But before that watch the video to learn the frying technique. - 101.594
The Aubergine Chef demonstrates how to make poutine - A Canadian dish made with french fries, gravy, and cheese! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog... - 101.075
Classic Potato Poutine
If you want to replicate the professional-quality Potato Poutine at home, then this is the right place to look at. Perhaps you never knew that you can prepare it without involving any cooking method. How - well, the video has the answer. Follow the chef and... - 99.2883
Manly Canadian Killer Koolaid Cocktail
Here's a manly cocktail that is truly hard to emasculate. This Canadian style cocktail is best enjoyed before a full-course meal and comes charged with vodka, melon liqueur, amaretto, cranberry juice, and sprite. Easy to shake up, this drink is just perfect... - 98.8915
Canadian Bbq Pork Ribs
These pork ribs are going to be one of the best barbeque projects for the season. These juicy and succulent ribs are extremely fabulous and perfect for any occasion. Go through the video to learn the exact measurements for marinating the meat and barbequing... - 97.8234
Filipino Style Beef Jerky
Do you need an authentic Filipino tapa recipe. Watch this impressive step wise video that shares a recipe for beef tapa. If you are expecting a busy day at work, then nothing beats eating tapa for breakfast. Try it out… - 93.8928
Raw Choco Chip Date Cookies
Want to feel reenergized? Don’t have time for time to stop and think? This is a perfect snack to whip up for yourself and the kids! Dates will give you the necessary nutrition! Watch this video on how to make this easy cookies! - 91.4585
Golden Brown Victoria Sponge Cake With Jam
A delicious sponge cake is just a few minutes away and no you do not have shell out money in a bakery shop for that! Watch this video to learn making Victoria sponge cake with easily available ingredients. The jam sandwiched in between the cake layers is the... - 87.1785
Calling your friends for a cocktail party and yet to decide on the drink? The classic bloody caesar is a great choice for this, which is easy to prepare and delectable in taste. Follow the instruction shown in the video and mix it up. - 84.2253
Raw Pasta With Raw Tomato Sauce
Learn how to make Raw pasta using Daikon and also a Raw sauce to go along with it from Victoria Boutenko, by watching this great video. This is a classic innovation for all pasta lovers who are following a raw food diet. - 84.1687
Canadian Peameal Bacon Sandwich
Robin is in Toronto and she is exploring a local dish there. So, in this video, she is showing is how to make their famous fried peameal bacon sandwich with aged cheddar and spicy mustard. Yummy! Mustard lovers will go nuts about this! Enjoy! - 81.8285
This is a real Montreal Poutine recipe!. It requires only 3 ingredients. It is real simple to make. Needless to say delicious! - 76.3393
The Victoria Pizza is a low calorie pizza with just about 200 calories. The taste is not compromised, so, you'll love it. Watch and learn how to make this dish from this video. Bon Appétit! - 72.653
If you like French fries, you are going to definitely love Classic Poutine! This Canadian dish served in fast food joints is a delicious variation of the better known French fries. The best part of the dish is that it is quick and easy to prepare. Enjoy! - 66.6411
Fillets Of Sole Queen Victoria
Heavenly, superb, outstanding, are just some words to describe Fillets Of Sole Queen Victoria. An assortment of fabulous flavors, the Fillets Of Sole Queen Victoria recipe is one of those dishes you simply shouldn't miss. This Fillets Of Sole Queen Victoria... - 51.4632
Florentine is a baked mixture of toasted nuts and candied fruits. This confection was very popular in Europe and then spread all over the world. You may find it a bit high calorie food, but it is delicious and you will love Florentine. - 51.0172
Blini are traditional Russian pancakes served on religious and festival occasions. The Blini are made with yeasted batter consisting of buckwheat, and served with caviar or preserves. Enjoy the breakfast. - 50.9398
Essies S Winnipeg Cheesecake
1) Preheat the oven at 350˚.
2) For making the crumb mixture, mix together the crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon and bake it for 5 minutes.
3) For the filling mix well the sugar, egg and cream cheese.
4) Keep in mind to add the... - 48.9891
Canadian Bacon-pineapple Ruffles
Try out this fantastic Canadian Bacon-Pineapple Ruffles for a taste you've always wanted to savor. Whatever be your palate, this Canadian Bacon-Pineapple Ruffles recipe is sure to entice you with its exciting fresh flavors. - 48.703
Old Fashioned Quebec Pea Soup
1) Add dry mustard to the salt pork and rub it in.
2) Put it in a refrigerator for 12 hours after covering it properly.
3) Wash and sort the peas before soaking them in cold water for 12 hours.
4) Take a soup kettle and place the pork and... - 48.4724
Soak bread in a little water for a few minutes.
Squeeze out water and rub bread between hands.
Measure 3 cups without pressing down.
Combine bread, raisins, sugar, salt and spices, and mix with a fork.
Add melted butter, molasses and soda which has been... - 48.4416
Salmon Avocado Mold
1. In a saucepan, soften gelatine in 1 cup cold water; heat over very low heat with constant stirring to dissolve gelatine.
2. Stir in lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, onion, horseradish and ½ teaspoon salt.
3. Refrigerate mixture until... - 48.2248
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan, except potato.
Bring to boiling point and allow to cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
Add the mashed potato and mix together.
Roll out half of pastry to line bottom of a deep 9" pie plate.
Fill with meat filling.
Cover... - 48.211
Quebec Soup A La Barbotte
1) Cut the fish into fillets or leave it intact according to your choice after cleaning it.
2) Take a large saucepan and melt butter in it, adding the onion, carrots, tomatoes and olive oil.
3) Simmer it over low heat for 10 minutes after... - 48.1618
Victoria Layer Cake
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Grease and dust with flour two 7-inch (18-cm) layer cake pans.
Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
Cut the butter into pieces and put into a warm mixing bowl.
Cream the butter until softened, add the sugar and... - 48.155
Pate De Foie Gras
This pate de foi gras is cooked with veal liver and ground pork rather than goose liver. The meat and liver mixed wth crumbs and eggs and set to cook in a casserole topped with bacon. Cooled and chilled for a few dats, the pate de foi gras can be served as a... - 48.056
Soak raisins in hot water.
Let stand till raisins are plump.
Drain; set aside.
Heat milk just till warm (115° to 120°); add yeast from hot roll mix and stir till yeast is dissolved.
Combine eggs, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sugar, lemon peel, ground mace,... - 47.9039
Combine yeast with just enough lukewarm water to form smooth paste in bowl.
Add remaining lukewarm water and 1/2 of the flour; mix well.
Let rise, covered, in warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk and bubbly.
Stir in remaining flour gradually,... - 47.8993
Soften yeast in the warm water; set aside.
Blend flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until particles are the size of rice kernels: set aside.
Beat egg yolks and extract until thick.
Add yeast and sour cream... - 47.7911
Saute pork with onion, celery, and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
Blend in parsley, celery leaves, and seasonings.
Simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, line a 10-inch pie pan with half of the... - 47.7737
Soften yeast in lukewarm cream.
Stir in 1/2 tea spoon sugar and let stand 15 minutes.
Blend flour and salt.
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until particles are the size of rice kernels; set aside.
Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar... - 47.7082
1. Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas.
2. Grease two 23cm square spring form or loose-bottomed cake tins with butter and line them with baking parchment or silicon paper. Keep aside.
3. In a food mixer or a bowl, cream together the... - 47.6199
Blend flour and 1/4 cup sugar.
Cut in butter until pieces are the size of small peas.
Blend in 1 1/2 cups of the grated almonds.
Add egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
Shape dough into a ball, kneading Hghtly with fingertips; put onto an ungreased cookie sheet;... - 47.5075
Bourride is a classic a Mediterranean fish soup with garlic, onions and orange peel as the main ingredients. Prepared with any white fish fillets of choice, the bourride has toasted french bread rounds in it and is quite savory and filling. - 47.4237
Soup De Poisson Victoria
Skin and fillet the sole and shell the scampi, prawns or shrimps, if necessary.
Saute the shells and fish trimmings with a knob of the butter, then add the water and simmer for no longer than 20 minutes.
Strain the stock, return to a clean pan and bring to... - 47.4072
Lima Beans With Canadian Bacon
1) Into a pot of hot salted water, cook the beans
2) Drain the beans into a colander, reserving the liquid
3) Into a skillet, fry the bacon for about 3 minutes and keep aside
4) Into the skillet, melt some butter and saute the onion till tender
5)... - 47.3941
Rhubarb Crisp With Oatmeal
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted margarine until crumbly.
Divide in half, press one half of mixture into bottom of 9x9-inch pan.
Cover bottom layer with 4 cups diced rhubarb.
In medium saucepan, combine white... - 47.3849
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it to 400° F
2) Take a bowl and beat eggs into it until mixture is thick..
3) Add sugar slowly and beat continuously until the mixture turns even thicker.
4) Mix the baking powder and flour together.
5)... - 47.2849
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Finely chop the fruit and nuts.
3) Dredge the chopped fruit and nuts in flour.
7) On a greased cookie sheet, drop teaspoonful of batter, leaving plenty of room to spread.
8) Use the bottom of wet... - 47.2719
Canadian Rum Cake
Chop dates and walnuts.
Cream butter and sugar until well blended.
Add dates and nuts.
Mix soda with water and pour over first mixture.
Stir in flour and salt, beating until smooth.
Add rum and blend well.
Turn into greased pan (13 x 9 x 2 inches)... - 47.2549
Delicious Devil's Food
Prepare a deep 9" x 9" pan in advance.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the sugar.
Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
Reserve the whites.
Add the molasses.
Sift together the flour, cream of tartar,... - 47.2167
Easy Floating Island
Beat the yolks, first 5 tbsp sugar, and salt together.
Beat the whites until they are not quite stiff.
Beat in the second 5 tbsp sugar gradually.
Heat the cream, milk, and vanilla bean together in a flat wide pan to just below boiling point.
Using 2... - 47.1941
Canadian Bacon And Yam Bake
1. Drain the pineapple and keep aside 1/3 cup syrup.
2. In a saucepan add butter and cook green pepper till it gets tender.
3. Add the pineapple syrup, honey, lemon juice, mustard, cornstarch and soup into the mixture.
4. Stir the... - 47.1559
Try out this very famous Italian dessert called Spumone. A great blend of mixed nuts in heavy cream and rum flavoring Spumone can be so heavenly a dessert to taste. Give it a try, the dessert is definitely worth your time! - 47.148
Barbecued Cornish Hens
Split Cornish hens in half by cutting along breastbone and along either side of backbone.
Remove and discard skin and backbone.
In 2-quart casserole, combine remaining ingredients.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes, or until mixture... - 47.1393
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, soda and spices together.
3) In a large bowl, cream the margarine.
4) Beat in the sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
5) Add the egg and vanilla, then beat in the... - 47.0849
PASTRY: Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and cut in the shortening until about the size of peas.
Stir in just enough cold milk to make a stiff dough.
Form into a ball and chill in refrigerator while preparing the meat.
MEAT: Use one deep 5 quart,... - 47.067
Quebec Green Tomato Soup
1) In a saucepan, add tomatoes, onion, cinnamon, ground cloves, sugar, pepper and water.
2) Place the saucepan over heat. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 20 minutes.
3) Sprinkle soda.
4) In a separate pan, add butter to melt over low heat.
5)... - 47.0611
1) Preheat a 6 inch skillet to moderate temperature.
2) Take a clean mixing bowl and add water and yeast. Allow the yeast to dissolve.
3) Next, blend in 3/4 cups of pancake mix and milk. Mix well until smooth.
4) Take a clean towel and... - 47.058
Combine apples and water in a saucepan; cover and cook until apples are just tender.
Add raisins and a mixture of 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; stir until sugar is dissolved.
Turn apple-raisin mixture into pie shell.
Bake at 400Â°F 20... - 47.0491
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar; stir in milk and vanilla.
Combine flour and salt; add to batter and beat until smooth.
Heat 2-1/2 in.of oil to 365° in a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet.
Place rosette iron in hot oil, then dip in batter,... - 47.013
Canadian Mushroom Sandwiches
1 Split the rolls; if desired, reserve tops to accompany open-faced sandwiches.
2 Spread the roll bottoms with butter.
3 In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine bacon, onion, mushrooms and parsley.
4 Cook uncovered in a microwave oven for about 2... - 46.9218
Combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the almonds and chocolates.
Add the unbeaten egg whites, one at a time, mixing until blended.
Stir in the kirsch, adding only enough so that the mixture still remains stiff enough... - 46.8083
1) Preheat the oven to 400F°
2) In a bowl, place the chicken and sprinkle with flour.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and brown the chicken quickly in it.
4) Remove the chicken from the pan and place in the shallow baking... - 46.7839
Mix flour, soda and salt.
Cream 1/4 cup butter.
Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
Add corn syrup and egg; blend well.
Stir in flour mixture, coconut and vanilla.
Drop by half teaspoon-fuls onto greased baking sheets, leaving 2 inches... - 46.7357
Rhubarb Conserve is one of the only vegetable preserves I like! I love the texture and flavor of the Rhubarb Conserve! I think you will like it too, try it! - 46.721
Baked Country Captain
Country captain is a fried and baked chicken recipe prepared with vegetables. Cooked with curry powder and garlic and herbed withthyme, the country captain has a light pan gravy and is best served over rice with toasted almonds to top it! - 46.6707
French Canadian Tourtiere
French Canadian Tourtiere is a meat pie served in tradition Christmas and new year dinner. The French Canadian Tourtiere gets its rich taste from pork and beef cooked in butter and flavored with white wine. - 46.6554
Heat oven to 350°.
Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, egg, molasses, anise oil and water.
Blend in remaining ingredients.
Knead dough until of right consistency for molding.
Shape dough by level teaspoonfuls into balls.
Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking... - 46.6471
1) Melt butter in bottom layer and keep aside.
2) Blend in egg and vanilla extract to melted butter.
3) Stir in a medium bowl sugar, cocoa, crumbs, coconut and walnuts.
4) Blend in butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
5) In an ungreased pan 9" X 9"... - 46.6452
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder and blend them well
2. Add sugar, rub in the butter and egg yolks and form a smooth dough
3. If too soft, you can even chill it for a few minutes before using
4. Now, roll this dough out thinly and... - 46.6315
Parsleyed Oven Pot Roast
1) Preheat oven to temperature 450 degrees.
2) Over the surface of the meat, rub 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and the pepper.
3) In a heavy, ovenproof casserole or Dutch oven, place the meat, keeping the fat side down.
4) In the hot oven,... - 46.6131
1. In a saucepan, mix 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, egg and vanilla for making the crust.
2. Cook until butter melts and the mixture begins to bubble.
3. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Add graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and nuts.... - 46.5412
1. In a bowl, chop and add almonds, chopped orange peel, flour, whipping cream, sugar, salt, almond extract and mix well.
2. On top of a double boiler, add chocolate and allow it to melt, stir continuously until smooth.
3. Drop by level... - 46.4927
Northern Ontario Wild Blueberry Muffins
1) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2) In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, and egg together.
3) Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
4) Make a smooth batter by stirring in the liquid in the mixture.
5) Stir in bluberries.
6)... - 46.3792
Canadian Split Pea Soup
1) Take a bowl to combine hot water, chicken broth, split peas, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
2) Take a 4-quart casserole for combining ham hock, butter, celery, onion and carrot. Tightly cover the casserole with... - 46.3564
Canadian Cheese Soup
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
With a potato masher, mash vegetables several times.
Add bacon; continue to... - 46.2762
Meal In A Kettle
Meal In A Kettle is a sinfully delicious recipe that leaves a memorable taste. I often serve the Meal In A Kettle as side dish for dinner parties at home for a change. Try this brilliant recipe for Meal In A Kettle. - 46.2595
Country Captain is a very easy to prepare recipe. Enjoy this amazingly mouth watering Country Captain dish; I am sure you would love to share your experience with me. - 46.252
Blend flour, sugar, and salt.
Cut in butter until particles are the size of rice kernels.
Add egg yolks gradually, blending with a fork (mixture will be crumbly).
Knead lightly with fingertips and shape into a ball.
Divide dough into halves; wrap in waxed... - 46.2385
Chicken Pot Au Feu
In an 8 or 9-inch Yunnan pot or a 2-quart bowl, stir together wine and bouillon granules.
Trim and discard ends and tops from leeks, leaving about 3 inches of green leaves.
Discard tough outer leaves.
Split leeks lengthwise; rinse well, then cut crosswise... - 46.2219
Sift flour, salt, and spices together and blend in the almonds; set aside.
Beat eggs and sugar until very thick.
Add dry ingredients in thirds, mixing until well blended after each addition.
Stir in the citron.
Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface;... - 46.1963
Baked Canadian Bacon With Beans
1) Preheat oven to the desired temperature of 350°F.
2) Take a small skillet,mix together all ingredients except beans and bacon.
3) Now cook over moderate heat to an extent till all the moisture has reduced.
4) Take off the skillet... - 46.1898
1) Take a heavy sauce pan; mix butter, sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla in it over low heat, stirring well until mixture is of custard like consistency.
2) Mix together graham cracker crumbs, coconut and walnuts and add in to chocolate mixture, blending... - 46.1603
Victoria Sponge Cake
Sieve flour, baking powder and soda bicarb together.
Beat eggs, sugar and butter till creamy in a large mixing bowl.
Add flour and beat for 5 - 7 minutes.
Add vanilla essence and milk and beat until light in texture.
Grease a round tin and pour the... - 46.1453
Quebec Cream Of Tomato Soup
1) Take a saucepan and put the tomatoes in it.
2) Add finely chopped onion, minced celery leaves, sugar and savory to it.
3) Simmer the tomatoes along with the other ingredients for 20 minutes
4) Add the cornstarch and mix it with ½ cup of cold... - 46.1294
Tourtiere Canadian Meat Pies
To make the pastry: Sift flour and salt into bowl.
Reserve 1/» cup of the mixture.
Cut shortening into remaining flour mixture until crumbly.
Blend reserved flour mixture with cold water in bowl to form paste.
Add to crumb mixture; mix well with fork to form... - 46.1176
1 In a mixing bowl, combine lemon juice and softened butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2 Stuff the birds with this mixture and tie a thin slice of bacon over the breast of each bird.
3 Roast at 425 degrees farenheit in the oven for 20 to 25... - 46.0214
1) Chop the pieces into serving pieces. Rinse the pieces and thoroughly dry them.
2) Use a mixture of salt, pepper and flour to coat the pieces well.
3) In a large skillet, heat the butter and cook the chicken till it is browned.
4) Take... - 45.9471
Canadian Bacon And Cheese Biscuits
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning and salt.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add milk; stir only until combined.
Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead just until smooth, about 8 times.
Roll to... - 45.9163
1 Sprinkle the chicken parts with salt, pepper and flour. Keep aside.
2 In a large skillet, add oil and heat.
3 Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
4 Transfer the chicken to a plate.
5 In the same skillet, add onion, carrot,... - 45.8583
1) Take an 11 x 17-inch baking sheet and lightly grease it.
2) Preheat oven moderate to 250 degrees.
3) Peel mango and cut in chunks. Keep aside in a small serving bowl.
4) Rinse strawberries under cold running water. Reserve 8 whole berries... - 45.8456
Canadian Bacon Pineapple Ruffles
1. Warm the oven to 325° F.
2. Take a 2-quart greased baking dish and arrange the half lengthwise sliced sweet potatoes over it.
3. Spray with cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
4. Alternate the pieces of pineapple and bacon over... - 45.8231
Grease baking sheets.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°).
Mix butter, sugar, honey, cream, salt and lemon peel in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
Continue to boil gently 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick and... - 45.78
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a pan, put the butter, sugar and syrup. Gently heat till melted, occasionally stirring.
3) Take the mixture off the heat and add the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate,... - 45.7242
1) Allow the chicken breasts to simmer as per the cooking directions.
2) Bone, skin and dice the chicken and combine with the cubed bacon.
3) Chill the chicken broth and skim off fat from the surface or with a bulb-type baster.
4) In a... - 45.7231
Canadian Baked Beans With Pork
Pick over and wash beans.
Cover generously with water (at least 2" above the beans) and soak overnight.
In the morning, add salt to undrained beans, bring slowly to the boiling point, and simmer gently until soft (about 30 minutes).
Cut... - 45.662
Cream shortening until light and fluffy.
Cream in brown sugar and beat in the egg.
Sift together the all-purpose flour, salt, soda, and baking powder.
Stir together with the graham flour.
Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts alternately with the sour milk or... - 45.5809
The country captain is a curried chicken recipe prepared with vegetables and almonds. Cooked with currants and herbed with thyme, the country captain has almonds in it and makes a very savory and satisfying meal with rice. - 45.5609
Perfect Pot Roast
Pat meat dry and dredge with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the flour; brush off any excess.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown meat all over for about 7 minutes, turning with wooden spoons.
Remove meat and set aside.
Add chopped onions, carrots, celery... - 45.4707
Double Cream And Jam Victoria Sandwich
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line two 8 inch layered cake pans with non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Beat till it becomes light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one.
4) In a bowl, sift... - 45.4228
Canadian Recipes By Category