- » Calzone
Calzone literally meaning "trouser" or "stocking" in Italian refers to a type of pastry from Italy. It is prepared using ingredients akin pizza gaining the shape of a crescent by being folded ... More »
Wegmans Executive Chef Mark Makovec shares his tips on how to make your own calzones at home. It is a fast and fabulous meal when paired with a green salad and pizza sauce for dipping every last crumb! Your kitchen will smell like a bakery, and attract the... - 130.919
Spinach And Prosciutto Calzone
If your children are bent upon having a pizza, try this Spinach and Prosciutto calzone by weelicious which is as good as pizza. Weelicious host is making it for her son and she stuffing it with Prosciutto and pushing in 8 cups of spinach. She speaks about the... - 123.785
Roasted Beef And Carrots
Health wise and taste wise - the combination of beef and carrot is always too good. In this recipe of roasted beef and carrots, the meat is marinated in special marinade. This enhances the flavor and taste of the meat and makes it more tender. Follow the easy... - 109.404
This homemade calzone recipe is one of the best to have as it shows you how to make a calzone from scratch and in the most traditional way. Take a look at this video recipe and you would want to make it once you see that calzone coming out of the oven. It... - 104.393
These mini pizza pockets are an ingenious idea for kids lunch and you will love that the kids can help make them. Watch Roberto Cerini in his kitchen with little Ally being his assistant. They are fun to make and neater to eat than pizza slices. - 101.287
Pizza And Calzone For Kids
This is the ideal dish for the kids. It is so simple to make that even your kids can also participate in the cooking. Check this recipe video. - 100.133
Chicken Calzones Part 2 - Preparation
This is the second part of the Chicken Calzone series. This video shows how to prepare the recipe. Watch the video to check out how Chicken Calzones are prepared after making the dough. - 84.9728
Chicken Calzones Part 1 - Making Dough
If you are craving for something to fill your stomach as well as satisfy you, try this Chicken Calzone recipe. This dish belongs to the pizza family and presents chicken in a nice way. Here, the seasoned chicken is stuffed in dough and baked to prepare a nice... - 75.7816
Chicken Calzones Part 3 - Baking
This third part of the Chicken Calzone recipe preparation and it talks about baking. After preparing the dish you need to bake it for 20-30 minutes until it is golden brown in color. Finally, your Chicken calzones are ready to serve! - 70.8514
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2.In a 9 inch non stick skillet, pour some oil and heat it. Add in onion, garlic, pepper, and stir cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes until onion softens.
3.Now, add in tomatoes, parsley,... - 50.6361
Calzone With Zucchini Filling
1) Onto a non stick cookie sheet, spay with vegetable oil and keep aside
2) Into a large bowl, sprinkle the yeast over warm water and allow to rest for 5 minutes
3) Tip in the sugar and salt
4) Into a separate bowl mix the two... - 49.5188
Turkey & Red Pepper Calzone
Turkey & Red Pepper Calzone - turkey, red pepper, green beans, and hot salsa combines to brew this juicy mix! The flavor of this Turkey & Red Pepper Calzone alone is enough for my kids to go drool. Give this Turkey & Red Pepper Calzone a try and you will be... - 49.3798
1) Into a cup, dissolve the yeast in water and honey and leave to rest for two minutes
2) Into a bowl, add in the flour and salt and yeast mixture and knead to form a smooth dough
3) Cling wrap and allow to rise for an hour
4) Into a frying pan, add... - 48.7927
1) As per the directions on the package, allow the bread to rise.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
3) Use cooking spray to coat a non-stick skillet.
4) Place the skillet over moderate heat and add the onion, red pepper and... - 48.1927
Grease 8 x 4-inch loaf dish.
Butter frozen dough on all sides.
Place in prepared dish.
Microwave at 50% (Medium) for 2 minutes, rotating dish after half the time.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Turn dough over.
Microwave at 50% (Medium) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until... - 47.5825
The spinach calzone recipe is a easy and and nutritious recipe for making calzones. These stuffed dough pockets filled with spinach, cheese and egg mix seasoned with galric and flavored with basil are great as a side in a meal or as a snack. Calzone can be... - 46.9946
TOMATO SAUCE In a pan, heat the oil and saute the onions.
Add the garlic and tomatoes.
Let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Thicken with cornstarch and keep warm.
CHICKEN STUFFING In a large pan, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken, green... - 45.6558
Spinach Artichoke Calzones
1) Preheat oven to 425Â°F.
2) In a bowl, add first 7 ingredients to prepare the filling.
3) Roll two tubes of pizza dough on 2 separate nonstick cookie sheets.
4) Halve the dough.
5) Spread 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 of filling on each... - 44.8731
Calzone Quattro Stagioni Four Season Calzone
Roll the dough into four rounds.
Place two of the rounds into two 8" (20 cm) pizza pans.
Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
Sauce each panned round.
Cover the sauce with the mushrooms, ham, artichokes, and olives.
Blend the cheese's together and place on... - 44.5955
Calzone (main Dish)
Try this delicious version of Calzone recipe. I am sure, once you taste this deadly combination of sausage and cheese, you'll always love to share it with your friends and family! - 44.5934
Calzone is an irresistible mouth-watering side dish. An easy to prepare meat recipe, Calzone is a dish that you would surely love to try. - 44.4999
Lightly coat a very large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Divide bread dough into 8 equal pieces.
Place dough on a floured surface and cover with a towel.
Let dough rest while preparing filling.
For filling, in a small covered saucepan... - 44.4296
Garden Vegetable Calzones
Garden Vegetable Calzones is a recipe that can be prepared in nearly no time. Try this Garden Vegetable Calzones recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 44.3373
Prepare Calzone Dough; let rise.
Punch down dough by pushing your fist into center; pull edges of dough over center.
Turn out dough on a floured surface.
Knead 5 times.
Divide dough into 6 parts.
Roll out each part to a 6-inch circle.
Brush each circle with... - 44.193
Brown ground beef in medium skillet.
Add peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender and all liquid has evaporated.
Stir in oregano, basil and pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to... - 44.1607
Cream the yeast with 2 tablespoons (3 T) of the water.
Sift the flour and salt into a warmed bowl and rub in the lard.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast liquid and remaining water.
Draw all the ingredients together and beat until the mixture... - 43.9673
Sausage And Roasted Pepper Calzone
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Let both the pie crust pouches to stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. As the crusts thaw; heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, onions and garlic; cook and stir for... - 43.4659
Mini Spinach Calzones
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8" thickness.
Using a 3" round cookie cutter or glass,... - 43.22
Mini Spinach Calzones
Try out this Mini Spinach Calzones for once ! You are sure to remain loyal to it forever! I simply love dish which is believed to be a popular European dish. Dish is always prepared with Spinach as the key ingredient. Even though dish is a Snack I relish it... - 43.0434
Preheat the oven to Gas 7, 425°F, 220°C, 15 mins before baking.
To make the dough, using a fork cream the fresh yeast and sugar together until soft, then stir in 4 tbsp lukewarm water.
Sieve the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the yeast... - 43.0343
1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) In a small skillet drizzle olive oil and brown sausages in it.
3) Drain out crumbles and put in a paper towel-lined plate.
4) In a bowl, mix sausage, ricotta cheese, parsley, garlic, grated Parmigiano, nutmeg,... - 43.0002
Calzones With Ricotta And Broccoli
1 Preheat the oven to 450° F.
Sprinkle a baking sheet with the cornmeal and set aside.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over moderately low heat.
Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the shallots... - 42.7888
1. In a deep fat frying pan heat 3 to 4 inches of vegetable oil or cooking fat to 375°F.
2. Punch the pizza dough, roll to about 1/8 inch thick and cut it into 4 inch rounds with a cutter or the rim of a glass.
3. Keep a piece of prosciutto on one... - 42.6433
In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
Select dough setting (check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage... - 42.459
Prosciutto And Cheese Calzone
Prosciutto And Cheese Calzone has a grand taste. Prosciutto And Cheese Calzone gets its taste from prosciutto and cheese filling. Prosciutto And Cheese Calzone is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 42.3308
Divide bread dough into 8 equal pieces.
Place on a floured surface and cover dough with a towel.
Let dough rest while preparing filling.
In a skillet mix onion, water, and garlic.
Cover; cook till onion is tender.
Add spinach and Italian seasoning.
Cover;... - 42.0761
Salami Cheese Calzone
Place rack as low in oven as possible.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough 1/8 inch thick.
Cut into 4-inch circles.
Cut Italian salami and mozzarella cheese into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Place a few pieces of salami on one... - 41.7196
Salami Supreme Calzone
1 For the calzone crust: In a large bowl, add warm water and mix in yeast until dissolved.
2 Add in salt, sugar and oil. Stir well.
3 Stir in the flour. 1 cup at a time mixing well until the dough can be shaped into a bal.
4 Transfer the... - 41.5496
Sausage And Roasted Pepper Calzone
Heat oven to 400°F.
Allow both crust pouches to stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large skillet brown sausage with onions and garlic; drain.
Stir in basil, Italian seasoning and pepper.
In small bowl, beat eggs with fork.
Reserve 1... - 41.312
1. To make the dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl and stir in the yeast. Stir in just enough warm water to mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3.... - 41.1337
Dough Directions: Dissolve yeast in water.
Add salt, oil and part of flour.
Add rest of flour, mixing or kneading till smooth and satiny.
Let rise in greased bowl in warm place till doubled.
Filling: Skin and break apart sausages.
Cook gently over... - 41.0562
Artichoke Mushroom And Prosciutto Calzones
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and garlic; cook 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
3. Combine artichoke mixture, cheeses,... - 40.7651
Prepare dough for pizza crust.
While dough is rising, prepare filling: In a large skillet, saute onion in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic. Saute 3 minutes.
Add spinach to skillet and cover pan. Steam over low heat for a few minutes until... - 40.5249
Whole Wheat Calzones With Broccoli And Mozzarella Cheese
Dissolve yeasr in 1/4 cup warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Combine remaining 3/4 cup warm water and honey; add to yeast mixture, stirring genrty.
Gradually stir in 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, and salt ro make a soft... - 40.4829
Heat meatballs according to package directions.
In a large saucepan, heat pizza sauce; stir in meatballs.
In a small bowl, combine the cheeses and basil.
In another bowl, whisk the egg white and water; set aside.
Unroll one pastry onto a greased 15-inch x... - 40.3561
1. Make the dough as directed and prove. Divide the dough into 4 portions and roll into round ball.
2. Roll out the dough into thin circles about 1/4" thick and 5" to 6" in diameter brush with oil.
3. Mix together cottage cheese, onion, salami, cheese, cream,... - 39.8661
Mushroom & Prosciutto Calzone
In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water; let stand until foamy (about 5 minutes).
In a large bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the cornmeal, sugar, and salt.
Add yeast mixture and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
Stir until dough is evenly... - 39.7332
Calzone Alla Napoli (ham And Cheese Turnovers)
Divide dough into 10 pieces.
Roll out each on a floured surface to 5inch-round circles.
Grate cheese with shredding disk.
Chop ham and olives with metal blade.
Combine ham, olives, and cheese.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place mixture on half of each dough... - 39.3892
Roasted Vegetable Calzones
In a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil and saute the red peppers, zucchini, squash, onions and garlic for 2 minutes, or until tender.
Put the pan in the oven and bake at 500° for 10 minutes, stirring the vegetables... - 38.7116
Cheese Calzone has a fine taste. Cheese Calzone gets its taste from cheese filling. Cheese Calzone is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 38.696
Prepare Calzone Dough.
While dough is resting, prepare filling: In 10 inch skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes, stirring to break up sausage.
With slotted spoon, remove sausage mixture to large bowl.
Stir in... - 38.0918
Ham And Cheese Calzones
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 6 equal pieces.
Roll each piece into a 6-inch circle.
In a small bowl, blend the marinara sauce with the tomato paste and... - 37.8971
Roll pizza crust into an 18- x 10-inch rectangle.
Cut into 6 (6- x 5-inch) rectangles.
Combine tomato paste, water, and Italian seasoning.
Spread evenly over rectangles, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Arrange shrimp evenly over half of each rectangle.
Brush edges... - 37.7347
Ham And Cheese Calzones
Preheat oven to 400°.
Saute onions in margarine.
Add potatoes; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Remove from heat.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except dough; mix well.
Unroll dough; cut into four rectangles.
Flatten each... - 37.0765
• Preheat oven to 425°F.
• Rinse vegetables under warm water to thaw; drain well and pat gently with paper towel.
• In medium bowl, combine vegetables, cheeses, Italian seasoning and pepper.
• Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece into... - 36.4816
1. Prick casings of sausage and place in a cold skillet. Cover with water and place over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove meat from casings and crumble into large chunks. Reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings.
2. In same skillet, combine drippings with... - 36.4649
Its in on your own calzones. Beef and cheese are baked inside a tender crust made with Bisquick® mix. - 35.3851
Chicken Crescent Calzones
Combine the chicken, mushrooms and peas in a bowl; mix well.
Unroll the dough.
Separate into 2 rectangles.
Lay 1 rectangle on a baking sheet, pressing the perforations to seal.
Spoon the chicken mixture evenly over the dough.
Cover with sliced cheese.
Place... - 35.1883
DIVIDE dough into 4 equal portions.
Place on lightly floured, rimless baking sheet.
Press or roll out dough to 7-inch circles.
SPREAD 2 tablespoons pizza sauce over each circle to 1/2 inch of edge.
Top with meat, bell pepper, mozzarella cheese and ricotta... - 34.0087
Thaw bread dough and let rise according to package directions.
Combine broccoli, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses, garlic and pepper.
Punch down bread dough and turn out onto lightly floured surface.
Divide into 4 equal pieces.
One at a time, roll out each - 33.4872
In large skillet, brown ground beef or turkey until crumbly; drain fat.
Add Taco Spices & Seasonings and water; mix well.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes.
On floured board, roll dough into... - 33.3187
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â° F.
2) In a small bowl, mix both the cheese thoroughly together.
3) Cut halfway around the edge of the pita bread with a knife and open the bread to form a pocket.
4) Spread cheese mixture inside the pita... - 33.2629
Sausage And Cheese Calzone
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Divide pizza dough in half and roll into two 8-inch circles. Sprinkle cornmeal over large baking sheet.
2. Remove sausages from casings. Crumble uncooked sausage meat into a medium saucepan and cook, stirring, over medium heat until... - 32.6885
Roasted Turkey Calzones
1. Grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, spinach, pizza cheese, and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce. On a lightly floured surface, roll one package of pizza dough out to a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut into three 10 x 4-inch... - 31.0706
Melt margarine in skillet; add mushrooms and saute until tender.
In bowl combine mushrooms with ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses.
Season with salt and pepper.
Divide mixture into 2 portions.
Cut opening at edge of each pita to form pocket.
Spoon 1 portion... - 30.9343
Thaw two loaves of bread dough.
Divide each loaf into 5 parts each.
One at a time, roll each dough piece on a floured board or stretch with your hands, making 10 7-inch squares.
Fold each dough square over half a cheese slice to form a turnover, and pinch... - 30.3453
Choose A Filling Calzones
Unroll pizza dough.
Stretch dough into 15x 10-inch rectangle.
Cut into six 5-inch squares.
Divide desired filling among squares.
Brush edges with water.
Lift one corner and stretch dough over to opposite corner.
Press edges of dough well with tines of fork to... - 30.2632
Spinach Artichoke Calzone
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Stretch dough into an 8-inch circle and place on an oiled cookie sheet or pizza stone.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine dip, ricotta cheese and Parmesan. Spread this mixture over the dough, then coat with tomato sauce.
4. Heat 1 1 - 29.361
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef with onion and salt over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in 1 cup Pasta Sauce, mushrooms and cheese.
2. On floured surface, cut each pound of dough into 4 pieces; press to form 6-inch circles.... - 29.1883
Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
In bowl combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
Roll each biscuit between 2 sheets of wax paper, forming four 6-inch circles; spoon 1/4 of cheese mixture onto center of each.
Moisten edges of dough slightly, then fold each circle... - 29.1384
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Roll thawed dough into a 7 inch circle.
Mix together ham, cheese, and pizza sauce.
Spoon 1/4 of mixture onto half of the dough.
Fold over like a turnover and seal edges with a... - 28.7492
Giving you a Calzone recipe made with ham & cheese. - 25.7539
Onion Calzone (calzone Di Cipolla)
For the written recipe please look here: http://cucinadelsole.typepad.com/the_sunny_kitchen/2009/02/vacanze-pugliesi-3-with-video-recipe-onion-calzone.html - 12.2169
Dutch Oven Calzone
1. Roll and dock the pizza dough on a tray.
2. Preheat the dutch oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Spread the pizza sauce on one half of the rolled out pizza dough.
4. Add the chicken, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, mushrooms, olives,... - 0
Calzone Recipes By Category