- » Calypso
Enjoy our collection of calypso recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for calypso recipes.
Jamaican Chicken Calypso
1) Take a large non-metal dish and drain the juice from pineapple chunks in it. Put the pineapple chunks aside and refrigerate after covering.
2) Add rum, soy sauce, lime juice, curry powder, brown sugar, ginger, garlic red pepper flakes and... - 49.4883
Calypso Chicken With Rice
Calypso Chicken with Rice is a delicious rice and chicken dish that I prepare often for family occasions! This brilliant Calypso Chicken with Rice recipe has never let me down. Try it! - 47.577
Calypso Shrimp With Block Bean Citrus Salsa
1. In an 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, Tip the orange peel, the orange juice, the seasoned salt, and four cloves of garlic
2. Add shrimp to the mix and coat them well
3. After covering the dish with plastic wrap, leave the shrimp to... - 46.6452
Calypso Beans And Rice
1. In a large heavy pot, fry bacon over low heat for about 8 minutes until the fat is released.
2. Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables wilt.
4. Add rice and cook with... - 46.4278
This Kalypso Kabobs is a deliciously simple and satisfying meal and is enjoyed by foodies across the world. Try out this more unusual recipe for Kalypso Kabobs and take delight in its wonderful glory. - 46.0894
Calypso Barbecue Sauce
Top off your favorite food bites with this scrumptious Calypso Barbecue Sauce. - 45.9868
1. In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, soy sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, ginger and meat; mix well.
2. Add green pepper, grapes, pineapple and pimento; toss to mix.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
4. In a serving... - 45.2477
1) Using non-stick pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, sauté onion, garlic, and scallion until cooked down.
2) Stream in the beef consommé.
3) Stir in all the remaining ingredients except shrimp, scallops, brandy, Pernod, and rice.
4) Allow to... - 44.8149
Roast Pork Calypso
Lightly score the pork by making diagonal cuts 1/4 inch deep at 1 inch intervals on the fat side.
Place pork scored side up in a shallow roasting pan.
Roast at 350Â°F for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Remove loin from pan; skim off fat from juices in pan;... - 44.5581
Calypso Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Combine first 11 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a wire whisk.
Set marinade aside.
Trim fat from tenderloin; cut tenderloin crosswise into 6 equal steaks.
Place in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; pour marinade over steaks.
Seal bag;... - 44.3856
Calypso Fruit Salad
Mash 1 banana with a fork and blend in the sour cream, rum, sugar, ginger, salt, and lime juice.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
At serving time arrange a bed of lettuce on a large serving platter.
Slice the remaining bananas lengthwise and lay on the... - 43.4634
Roast Pork Calypso
About an hour before cooking, soak hickory chips in enough water to cover; drain chips.
Using a sharp knife, make a 1 inch deep slash between each rib on the fat side of the roast, about eight slashes in all.
In a small mixing bowl stir together the brown... - 43.3686
Place coconut in a medium saucepan.
Pour boiling water over coconut.
Cover and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain coconut well; reserve liquid.
Press as much liquid out of the coconut as possible.
Add water to coconut liquid to make 2-1/2 cups.
In a large... - 42.6667
1)On skewers, thread in the lamb pieces.
2)Remove peaches from can, and save the syrup.
3)Dip and coat the banana slices with syrup.
4)Thread a peach half, 3 dates, 3 banana slices and 3 cherries on each of the 8 skewers.
5)In a bowl, make the basting... - 41.4451
Calypso Prawn Cocktail Salad
Calypso Prawns Cocktail salad, is refreshing salad with fresh prawns and tangy cocktail dressing. A salad that you would love to have on your dinner menu. Mildly flavored prawns, with a creamy and tangy dressing makes it a winner!!! - 40.1044
Calypso Pie is a wonderful dessert that you can serve for your parties. This delicious pie also adds to the visual appeal of your dinner spread! Try this excellent Calypso Pie. - 39.426
Presoak the pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
Insert a meat thermometer in the lamb, away from the bone, and place it in the pot.
Combine all the other ingredients, except the currants, and pour over the lamb.
Then sprinkle with the... - 37.6248
Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
Add next 6 ingredients and mix well.
Cover and chill overnight.
When ready to serve, shape lettuce into cups on individual plates.
Add half of almonds to salad and toss lightly .
Divide among lettuce cups.
Sprinkle... - 37.3515
1. In a 2- quart measure, heat water for 1 minute in the microwave oven.
2. Stir in the milk, coffee and sugar.
3. Heat coffee for 9 minutes until piping hot.
4. Pour equally into 4 heated mugs
5. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of... - 36.9205
Calypso Steak Sticks
Slice meat across grain into 1/4 inch strips.
Combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger; mix well and pour over the meat strips in a large shallow dish.
Refrigerate about 30 minutes, turning meat once.
Remove meat from marinade, reserving... - 36.7126
Calypso Java Bread
In mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix, brown sugar, and flour.
Dissolve coffee powder in milk; add all at once to dry ingredients along with banana and egg.
Beat till blended.
Stir in dates and nuts.
Grease bottoms of two 1-pound coffee cans.
Divide batter... - 35.9138
Calypso Caramel Oranges
Use thin-skinned oranges, preferably seedless.
Cut the oranges in half horizontally.
Use a grapefruit knife to remove central core and loosen the segments.
Arrange oranges cut side up on a shallow flameproof serving dish and carefully pour a teaspoon of... - 35.6455
Calypso Calamari Salad
In a 4- to 5-quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to boiling.
Stir in squid.
Drain at once and rinse with cold water to cool; drain again.
In a bowl, combine squid, celery, coconut, oil, lime juice, chili, onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange spinach on a... - 33.7707
In large skillet, cook and stir meat and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender.
Drain off fat.
Add enough water to reserved corn liquid to make 2 cups.
Stir liquid and remaining ingredients into the meat mixture.
Simmer uncovered, stirring... - 33.4377
Calypso Beef Tenderloin Steaks
1. Combine first 11 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Trim fat from tenderloin; cut tenderloin into 6 equal steaks. Place in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; pour marinade over steaks. Seal bag; shake well. Marinate in refrigerator... - 32.1509
Calypso Plantain Dessert
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Spray 10-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray; arrange plantain slices in an even layer in bottom of pan. Spread pineapple evenly over plantain slices.
2. In 1-cup liquid measure combine orange juice, margarine, and... - 31.9605
1) Heat together the coffee, rum, sugar and kahlua.
2) Pour the mixture into sugar rimmed cups.
3) Float whipped cream on top of the prepared coffee mugs.
4) Serve as preferred after garnishing with cherry. - 30.5544
Peel the pineapple and cut it into quarters lengthwise.
Remove the hard core from the center of each quarter and cut the pineapple into small cubes.
Mix with the chopped mint and chill overnight.
Spoon the pineapple into ramekins or custard... - 30.0951
Calypso Coffee Frosting
1) Cream butter with confectioner's sugar.
2) Stir in cocoa with other liquid ingredients.
3) Blend the mixture well until it turns light and creamy.
4) Use to frost cakes or tortes. - 30.0625
Combine all ingredients; toss lightly with dressing. - 23.4618