- » Calvados Apple Brandy
Calvados Apple Brandy Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Calvados Apple Brandy recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Calvados Apple Brandy recipes.
Place all ingredients in a small heavy saucepan.
Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
Boil, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or longer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. - 23.8751
Roasted Chicken With Apples Cider And Calvados
Roasted Chicken With Apples Cider And Calvados is something I prepare quiet often for my parties. The dish is delicious and my friends and relatives have already become prey to its flavor. You will love this Roasted Chicken With Apples Cider And Calvados... - 49.4845
Calvados Sorbet is an amazingly delicious dessert recipe. Try this delicious Calvados Sorbet; I am sure you and your loved ones will always crave for more. - 36.1099
Calvados sidecar is the new avatar of the classic French cocktail. In this video Bridget makes it in her own style adding her magical twist and preparing it with calvados. That drink looks so zippy with its funky color and the sugar rimmed glass that it will... - 119.294
Granny Smith Apple Charlotte
Apple Charlotte is very invigorating. The blend of apple brandy, and apricot gives the Apple Charlotte a finger licking taste. - 40.6165
Crumble Baked Apples With Calvados
Peel the apples, and trim and even bases if necessary, to make them stand upright. Remove the cores without piercing apples completely so that there is a base in the centre hole. Cut the butter into 6 even pieces. Arrange the apples in a large baking dish and... - 25.1943
Pan Roasted Quail With Calvados And Green Apples
1)Dredge the quails in the seasoned flour.
2)Take a pan, melt the butter and add the oil.
3)Once the foam reduces, add the quail and lightly brown on both sides.
4)Lower the heat and cook for upto 5 minutes till well cooked.
5)Take a heated platter and... - 46.1749
Guinea Fowl With Calvados And Apples
1. Lightly dust the guinea fowl supremes with the flour.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the supremes for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from the pan and reserve.
3. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in... - 44.4842
Pheasant With Calvados
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Rub the pheasant all over with salt and pepper.
Melt half the butter in a Dutch oven and brown the birds on all sides.
Add the bacon and marjoram and cook gently for 5 minutes.
Remove the birds and bacon and set... - 44.7446
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a broiling pan over a rack, place the pork cutlets 2 inches from the heat source and broil for about 3 minutes on each side, turning once .
3) Place the cutlets on a work surface and slice into 1-inch... - 44.9006
Brandied Apples And Pears
Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan, and cook over low heat 30 minutes or until fruit is soft, stirring occasionally. - 22.8531
Chicken Breasts Calvados
1. Divide apple slices between 2 shallow ovenproof 1 1/2- to 2-cup (360- to 470-ml) ramekins. Pour 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the brandy into each ramekin, then sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of the nutmeg evenly over apples. Cover ramekins tightly with foil and bake in... - 26.2611
Chicken Breasts Calvados
Spread apples in a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker.
Rinse chicken and pat dry; then arrange, overlapping pieces slightly, on top of apples.
Sprinkle with salt, white pepper, and nutmeg; pour in brandy.
Cover; cook at low setting until chicken is very... - 43.4695
Apple Mousse With Apple Brandy Sauce
Apple Mousse With Apple Brandy Sauce has a Incredible taste. The lemon juice gives the Apple Mousse With Apple Brandy Sauce a Pungent and Energizing taste. Must catch it. - 42.0832
Apple Brandy Collins
Put the apple brandy, sugar, lemon juice and bitters into a cocktail shaker.
Strain into a tall glass over ice cubes.
Add a little soda and stir well.
Garnish with a lemon slice. - 27.4129
Apple Brandy Chicken
In large skillet, brown chicken in butter and continue cooking, over low heat and uncovered, 15 minutes.
Add Calvados to skillet and ignite.
When flame subsides, add shallots, parsley, thyme, Seasoned Salt, Seasoned Pepper and apple cider.
Bring to a boil;... - 40.4403
Apple Brandy Sauce
Apple Brandy Sauce is easy to make. The Lemon juice with sweet butter makes the Apple brandy sauce juicy. - 29.0535
Peel the apples, halve horizontally and remove the cores with an apple corer.
Cut the butter in 4 pieces and put 1 piece in the hollow of each apple.
Put the apple halves in a circle in a deep round dish, cut side down.
Microwave, uncovered, for 5 minutes on... - 43.6985
1. In a cocktail shaker, put the ice cubes.
2. Shake the bitters over the ice and swirl to spread it to the side.
3. Add the vermouth and Calvados; stir vigorously.
4. Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.
5. Serve chilled with... - 35.5064
Quick Sauteed Apples
Wash and peel apples, cut in quarters, and core.
Cut each quarter in thirds into a bowl with lemon juice.
Toss around to keep apples from discoloring.
Melt butter in 10-inch saute pan on high.
When butter is foaming, add apple wedges so they all lie flat in... - 43.9722
Sweet Ginger Apple
Mix the sugar with one teaspoon of water in a tall glass.
Stir until dissolved.
Add the apple brandy, ginger-flavored brandy and lemon juice and mix well.
Fill the glass with crushed ice and garnish with lemon slice. - 30.6169
Sweet Fruity Apple
Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a chilled glass. - 26.2602
Rum Apple Rickey
Pour the rum and brandy into a glass over ice cubes.
Squeeze the lemon into the glass and drop it in.
Add a little soda and stir.
Twist the orange peel over the glass, then drop it in, too. - 29.172
Chicken In Apple Brandy Sauce
Sprinkle chicken with flour, shaking off excess.
Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Melt duck fat in heavy large skillet over high heat.
Add chicken and brown on both sides.
Transfer to baking pan (do not clean skillet) and place in oven... - 43.4386
Cherry Brandy Pie
This is a party version of fruit pie, with cream and liqueur poured in under the lid.
In Normandy they make it with apples and use Calvados (apple brandy).
Light the oven.
Fill a 4 cup oval pie dish with the pitted cherries, sugaring each layer.
Roll out the... - 37.7157
Pour the brandy, apple juice, soda water and lime juice into a tall glass over ice cubes.
Stir well and garnish with slice of lime. - 27.576
Oven Roasted Acorn Squash With Brandied Fruit
Most Acorn Squash recipes call for roasting it as the process brings out the flavors of the vegetable. Here's one more recipe where the squash is roasted and then served with a sweet fruit mixture. Try this if you are a squash lover and relish unusual... - 110.488
Normandy Style Turkey Scaloppine
Put the onion in a dish and microwave, uncovered, for 3 minutes on HIGH.
Season both sides of the turkey scaloppine (escalopes) with salt and pepper.
Put on top of the onion and surround with the apple quarters.
Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Pour the... - 42.8351
Ginger Brandy Cooler
Pour the apple brandy, ginger-flavored brandy and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a tall glass.
Add a little ginger ale and stir.
Add ice cubes and garnish with preserved ginger. - 28.9951
1. In a cocktail shaker, put the ice cubes.
2. Pour the lemon juice, grenadine, Calvados and brandy over the ice; stir vigorously.
3. Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.
4. Serve chilled and decorate it with a slice of lemon and... - 35.172
Roast Loin Of Pork With Applejack Brandy Sauce
1)Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2)Pick a knife sharpener and poke through the loin,carving a hole through the centre.
3)Now widen the hole to 1 inch in diameter.
4)Pick apples,raisins and walnuts and stuff the hole.Use equal portions of... - 43.9094
Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then pour into a chilled glass. - 27.6737
Apple Caramel Mold
Preheat the oven to 200Â°C (400Â°F).
Peel, core and cut the apples into large dice and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until tender, stir occasionally.
Add the cinnamon, the grated lemon peel and the sugar, continue cooking until the puree is thick... - 44.2833
Tartes Aux Pommes Chaudes
1. Roll out the pastry thinly on a floured surface to a 5 mm (1/4 inch) thickness and cut out four 15 cm (6 inch) circles. Place on a baking sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Slice the apples thinly and arrange overlapping in concentric circles over the... - 25.0433
Delicious apple-stuffed crepes can be prepared in advance and put in the oven.
Calvados (apple brandy) is sold in miniature bottles; if unobtainable use brandy.
Peel, core and cut apples into short slices.
Fry in melted butter until just colored.
Spoon fried... - 41.3463
Pour the brandy, Cointreau and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a chilled glass. - 20.0238
Stir the brandy, vermouth and bitters with ice.
Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with the cherry. - 25.9263
Stir the brandy and Dubonnet together with ice.
Strain into a chilled glass over ice cubes.
Garnish with lemon peel. - 26.1299
Pour the brandy and bitters into a glass filled with crushed ice.
Add a little soda and mix well.
Twist the lemon peel above the glass, then drop it in. - 27.8872
Put all the ingredients except the lemon slice into an electric blender.
Whirl for 15 seconds.
Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with lemon slice. - 29.5315
Apple And Custard Cup
Apple And Custard Cup is another delicay of apple desert. The Lemon flavour gives the Apple And Custard Cup a piquant and energizing taste. - 46.287
Core and cut in thick round slices 2 lb. of cooking apples.
Melt 4 oz. butter in a frying pan.
Saute apples until slightly browned, being careful not to break the slices.
Next day, reheat on a low heat.
Flambe with 4 oz. calvados or brandy.
Pour... - 27.5806
Put the brandy, lemon juice and sugar into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a chilled glass.
Garnish with lemon slice. - 26.5422
Pour the apple brandy, rum, lime juice and orgeat into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well, then strain into a chilled glass over ice cubes.
Garnish with lime slice. - 24.7122
Apple And Blackberry Comp Ote
Poach the apple slices in the water with the lemon rind until transparent - about 7 minutes. Drain the apples and set aside to cool. Add the sugar to the cooking liquid. When dissolved, bring to the boil and continue boiling for 8 to 10 minutes or until... - 23.9502
Gingered Onion Apple Soup
1) Slice the apples into 6 thin pieces and reserve for garnish.
2) Pare and dice the remaining apples.
3) In a small saucepan, heat the margarine.
4) To this, add the diced apples, onions, and gingerroot.
5) Over medium-high heat, saute... - 46.0469
Chef K's Shrimp In Apple Chocolate Sauce
Butterfly the shrimp by making an incision with a small knife down the back.
Heat the butter and oil together in a large skillet.
Quickly saute the shrimp in the oil.
Remove and reserve hot in the oven.
Add the apples and mushrooms to the skillet.
Saute 3... - 39.914
Apple Batter Pudding
Pare and core the apples.
Chop coarsely .
Put into a bowl with the brandy or Calvados and cinnamon and leave to stand for 1 hour.
Use a little of the butter to grease an ovenproof dish.
Put in the apples and brandy and sprinkle with the sugar.
Dot with flakes... - 36.3026
Elysian Apple Fritters
Peel and core the apples.
Cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm.) rings and put into a shallow dish sprinkling each layer with sugar.
Pour over the wine or spirit and leave to steep for at least 30 minutes, turning now and then.
In a basin mix the flour, salt, oil and... - 47.1737
Davey Davey Cocktail
1) Into a glass jar, add in the ice cubes.
2) Pour in fresh grapefruit juice or canned juice. Next, pour in the calvados and vodka.
3) Give the mixture a good stir. Strain.
4) Serve Davey Davey in chilled martini glasses. - 31.8128
1) Into a cocktail shaker, add in the ice cubes.
2) Pour in the apple brandy, vodka and fresh orange juice over the ice.
3) Give the cocktail a good mix. Strain.
4) Serve the cocktail in a sour glass. - 33.9942
One Arm Punch
1) Into a saucepan, add in lemon rind, sugar and milk. Let the mixture come to boil.
2) Add in tea and apple brandy. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Pour the mixture into mugs.
4) Serve the punch sprinkled with grated nutmeg. - 34.7461
Roast Goose With Apple And Prune Stuffing
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Rinse goose, remove oil sacs from tail, pat dry and prick back with skewer.To prepare Apple and Prune Stuffing, combine all ingredients in a bowl, adjust seasoning to taste.
Fill cavity with stuffing and secure opening with... - 40.5761
Curried Chicken And Apple Stir Fry
1. In a small bowl, stir together cider, soy sauce, Calvados, vinegar, cornstarch, coriander, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of curry powder. Set sauce aside.
2. Season chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder. In a wok or large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons... - 30.9815
Pheasant With Apples And Cream
Heat butter and oil in a flameproof casserole and slowly brown pheasant all over.
Cook onion at the same time.
Drain off surplus fat.
Pour Calvados or brandy into a heated ladle, set alight and pour over pheasant.
When flames die, add the stock, apples, cream... - 44.8181
Chicken Yalle D Auge
Wash chicken and dry thoroughly.
Brown on all sides in butter.
Cover and cook slowly until just tender, not more than 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat Calvados or applejack and pour over the chicken.
Light and baste chicken with the flaming... - 33.9646
Pork Loin With Cheese Sauce
Season the pork loin with the salt, pepper and cumin.
Melt the butter in a heavy casserole and brown the meat on all sides.
Mix the cheese with the mustard and 1/4 cup [50 ml.] of the cream, and spoon the mixture over the meat.
Roast under the broiler or in a... - 35.5611
1. Take a large heatproof bowl or large punch bowl, add the lager, apple juice, sliced apple, cinnamon and all spice berries.
2. Microwave, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes.
3. Add golden rum and Calvados.
4. Take stemmed, heatproof goblets or mugs... - 34.5645
2) In a cocktail shaker, add the ice.
3) Add in the grapefruit juice, Calvados and vodka.
4) Shake well till a frost appears on the shaker.
5) Strain and pour out into a sour glass.
6) Garnish with lemon twist and serve. - 28.6901
1) In a cocktail shaker, add the ice cubes.
2) Over the ice, add the fruit juice, grenadine, and brandy.
3) Shake well till a frost appears.
4) In a chilled martini glass, strain and pour out the iced drink.
5) Place a lemon wedge on the rim... - 30.4071
Chicken Valle D'auge
1. In a large skillet heat the butter, add the chicken and brown on all sides. Continue cooking, uncovered, twenty minutes. Add the Calvados and ignite. When the flame has subsided, add the onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and cider. Cover tightly and... - 33.0352
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4). Arrange the chicken fillets in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in the apples and... - 38.1887
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Add chicken; seal bag, and shake well to coat chicken.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until... - 41.3119
Chicken Breasts Normandy Style
Pat chicken dry; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dust lightly with flour.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; brown chicken lightly on both sides.
Remove from pan.
Pour off all but 2 tbsp (25 mL) fat in pan.
Add onion, celery and... - 43.2798
Escalopes De Veau Flambe Flamed Veal Escalopes
1) Put the escalopes between 2 sheets greaseproof paper.
2) Flatten the meat thinly by beating with a rolling pin or mallet.
3) In a non-stick pan, melt the butter with the oil and saute the meat for 5-7 minutes until the meat is tender,... - 43.7655
Ask your butcher to clean and truss 2 small pheasants.
Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan.
Over slow heat, so that the butter does not burn and become black, brown the pheasants slowly on all sides.
Peel, core and cut in coarse dice 6 cooking... - 34.4423
Chunky, Spiced Applesauce… With Soused Raisins
This spiced, not-too-sweet version of a comforting old-time favorite -applesauce- is one of my children's preferred accompaniments to dinner any time of the year. By far, Macintosh apples make the best applesauce, so they make up the majority of this... - 44.4501
Season duckling inside and out with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Stuff with 1 apple, quartered.
Truss legs and wings close to the body.
Rub all over with 1 1/2 oz. softened butter.
Put in a pre-heated hot oven, 425-450°F, Reg 7-8.
Roast for 15 or 20 minutes until a... - 39.0404
Sunday Roast Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use. Rinse chicken inside and out with cold running water; drain. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
2. With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on chicken breast.... - 40.383
Crown Roast Of Pork
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF Rub roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place roast, rib ends down, in large roasting pan (17" by 11 1/2"). Roast 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook,... - 39.2914
Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove.
Add wine and half and half; heat until bubbly.
Cut cheese in small pieces and add to wine mixture.
Stir over low heat until melted.
In a small bowl blend cornstarch with calvados; add to cheese mixture.
Continue... - 35.1248
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of thyme. In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown outside and white throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Add apples to... - 27.437
Poulet Vallee D'auge
Poulet Vallee D'auge is a fried and cooked chicken recipe prepared with vegetables. Cooked with added apples and cider vinegar for flavor, the Poulet Vallee D'auge is served with a sauce of pan juices and cream poured over it. - 44.4419
Poulet A La Crème
1) Skin and finely chop onion.
2) Dice ham or bacon.
3) Wipe trussed chicken with a clean damp cloth inside and out. Set aside.
4) Rub salt and pepper on the chicken.
5) Peel and core the apples. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings. Keep aside for... - 44.1162