- » Calf Sweetbread
Calf Sweetbread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of calf sweetbread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for calf sweetbread recipes.
Calf S Sweetbreads With Ham
1) Lightly coat the calf s sweetbreads in the flour. Brown the coated sweetbreads in the oil.
2) Drain excess oil, add ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, wine, butter, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook over a low flame for 10 to 12 minutes. - 27.0437
Calf Sweetbreads Meuniere
Preheat oven to BROIL.
In a casserole dish, bring to a boil water, sweetbreads, salt, 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice and ginger.
Over low heat, simmer 20 minutes.
Immerse in a bowl of ice cold water.
Remove filaments, veins and... - 35.6008
Cover sweetbreads with water to which vinegar and salt have been added.
Simmer 20 minutes; drain.
Remove membranes, slice sweetbreads.
Arrange on rack in broiler pan.
Brush with bouillon (prepared by dissolving broth mix in water), and sprinkle with... - 30.3389
Sweetbreads In A Sherry And Cream Sauce
1) Coat the sweetbreads in the flour and brown in the butter.
2) Pour the cognac over the browned sweetbreads and set on fire. Add the truffles, mushrooms, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook over a low flame for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the sherry and cook for an... - 26.1399
Sweetbreads On Skewers
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Soak sweetbreads in water to cover for 10 minutes; trim.
Break into 1- inch chunks.
Cook bacon until partially tender; wrap sweetbreads with bacon.
Spread mushroom caps lightly with butter.
Place sweetbreads and mushrooms... - 29.0591
Fried Sweetbreads And Mushrooms
1) A day before cooking, soak the sweetbread for an hour in salted water. Drain, rinse and then place in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and drain once again.
2) From the sweetbreads, trim away the fat or loose... - 36.2288
Method 1 Prepare and blanch the sweetbreads as directed for Braised Sweetbreads.
Place the sweetbreads in a saucepan, with the stock, seasoning if required, and simmer gently for 40 min Press between 2 plates until cold, then cut into slices.
Brush with... - 32.8377
Sauteed Sweetbreads Saint Medard
If you have time, press the sweetbreads between two pieces of waxed paper with a weight on top for at least 2 hours or overnight.
This improves the texture and gives the sweetbreads an even thickness.
Slice the sweetbreads in half horizontally and coat them... - 44.4509
Easy Braised Sweetbreads
Prepare the sweetbreads as follows: wash and soak in cold water for 1-2 hr until free from blood.
Put into a pan, cover with cold water, bring to boil and simmer for 3-5 min., then plunge into cold water.
Discard fat and skin and any gristle.
Press between 2... - 36.0821
Sweetbreads En Brochette
Cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces.
Refrigerate until needed.
Mix cream, 2 tablespoons of the egg and the butter into the ground veal, then stir in flour, onion and seasonings.
Add a pinch of nutmeg and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce if... - 41.2461
Sweetbreads With Asparagus
Soak the sweetbreads in water for 2 hours, then drain.
Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes, and drain.
Remove the skin and ducts and cut the meat into thick slices.
Skin the sausages and form the sausagemeat into small balls.
Drop into boiling water and... - 43.0621
1) Soak the sweetbreads in cold water for about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Take a saucepan and combine together vinegar, 3 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt and sweetbreads in it.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cook... - 45.0611
Sweetbreads En Casserole
Plunge sweetbreads in boiling water; let stand for several minutes.
Remove outer skin.
Saute onion in shortening in skillet until tender; add salt and pepper, paprika and parsley flakes.
Stir in bouillon.
Add sweetbreads and liver; cook gradually for 30... - 40.7205
Stuffed Calf 's Ears
Rub the parboiled ears with the cut side of the lemon.
Wrap each ear tightly in muslin or cheesecloth and sew up the cloth in such a way as to hold each ear in a little bag.
Put the ears into a casserole, pour in equal quantities of wine and stock to cover... - 43.9872
Sweetbreads And Bacon
Soak the sweetbreads in cold salted water for at least 30 minutes.
Change the water, salt it and bring them to the boil.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Strain and let them get cold, then remove any skin or membrane.
Take the rind from the rashers and wrap each... - 35.4464
Sweetbreads And Mushrooms On Skewers
1) Under cold running water, rinse and clean the sweetbreads.
2) Into a saucepan, measure the water, salt and lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Add the cleaned sweetbreads and cook gently over low flame for about 45 minutes... - 36.4925
1. In a pan, soak sweetbread in salt water for 1 hour. Drain the water and place the bread in cold water. Boil and drain the water again.
2. Trim off all fat or loose tissue and put in the saucepan again. Cover with stock.
3. Boil and simmer for 45... - 36.133
1 Wash the sweetbread and soak in cold water to which salt has been added for 1 hour (1 teasp to each pint of water) has been added.
2 Drain and thoroughly rinse.
3 Remove any membrane without breaking the sweetbread.
4 In a pan,... - 38.4364
Sweetbreads En Coquille
1 Soak the sweetbreads in cold water for 3 hours, changing the water several times.
2 Gently pull off as much of the outside membrane as possible without tearing the sweetbreads.
3 Using a small sharp knife, cut the two lobes of each pair... - 44.0396
Ris De Veau Au Porto Et A La Crème
1 Under cold running water,clean the sweetbreads.
2 Blanch them in boiling water and cool.
3 Trim the sweetbreads and remove the thick skin.
4 Place the sweetbreads between two sheets of kitchen paper under light pressure (cover with wooden... - 39.1383
Ris De Veau Aux Amandes
1 Throughly clean the sweetbreads and season them.
2 In a pan saute the sweetbreads to seal in the oil before cooking.
3 Cook in the oven at 400 degrees farenheit (200° C/Gas Mark 6) for 12 minutes.
4 Transfer to another dish.
5 Drain all... - 45.3958
Pieds De Cochon Aux Morilles
1 In a slow oven, braise the trotters with carrots, onions, wine, port and veal stock at 325 degrees farenheit (160° C/Gas Mark 3) for 3 hours.
2 In a pan add approx 65 grams butter and fry the sweetbreads for 5 minutes.
3 Add morels and... - 42.5451
Cima Alla Genovese
1. In a dish add milk and soak bread in it for 10 minutes.
2. In a small heavy pan, melt the 1 oz. of butter.
3. Add chopped onions in butter and cook over moderate heat for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring, until they are transparent but not... - 47.531
Put the sweetbreads in a pan, cover with water and add a pinch of salt and a few drops of vinegar.
Bring to the boil and drain.
Cut the kidneys, veal, steak, pork, liver and sweetbreads into thin slices and place in separate containers.
Place the chicken... - 42.3057
Barbecued Lamb Innards
These barbecued lamb innards are herbed and seasoned pieces that can be served as a side for a meal. Prepared with a lemon juice and garlic marinade with oraegano and thyme for flavor, the barbecued lamb innards are charcoal broiled and are quite savory when... - 45.5816
1. Preheat the oven to Mark 1/4 250 °F.
2. In a large bowl, combine together flour, warm water, 2 1/2- tablespoons of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3. Stir the mixture gently but constantly, so that the ingredients mix well and form a... - 46.9681
Martha Washington's Grand Leg Of Lamb
1 Starting 6 hours or more ahead, soak the sweetbreads cold water for 3 hours, changing the water several times.
2 In a 4-quart enameled or stainless-steel pan, place the sweetbreads and pour in 2 quarts of fresh cold water.
3 Bring to... - 44.2866
Calf Sweetbread Recipes By Category