- » Buttermilk
Buttermilk is a kind of tart-tasting dairy drink, basically a by-product of the process of making butter from the milk cream. Usually, the tartness in taste is due to the presence of lactic acid. The texture of ... More »
If your recipe require adding buttermilk and you don't have that in your stock, then what to do? Here is a great solution for this problem. In this video, top chef describes 3 alternatives for making buttermilk substitute, which is surely going to help you. - 148.293
Homemade Cultured Butter & Buttermilk
Making fresh cultured butter and buttermilk is easier than you think. Start with fresh whole cream, culture it, blend it, squeeze it, flavor it. Homemade butter tastes great and is easy to make! In this video, I also show you how to make unsalted and roasted... - 102.637
Dieter's Cucumber Buttermilk
Buttermilk is a good option for those on a diet. Try out this special Dieter's Cucumber Buttermilk. This Low Calorie recipe is not only quick to make but is delicious too. Use your creativity and add in flavors of your choice too! - 49.8985
Chicken In Buttermilk
1 Wash the chickens throughly and dry.
2 Remove as much fat as possible.
3 Prepare a mixture of buttermilk, salt, pepper and garlic and marinate the chicken in it for 2 hours turning and basting frequently.
4 Drain the chicken... - 43.3996
Buttermilk Corn Sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Put buttermilk and egg in the mixture and stir so that a moist mixture is formed.
4. Add shortening to the mixture.
5. Take... - 42.7951
Buttermilk Shrimp Bisque
1. In a bowl mix onion salt, mustard, sugar, dill-weed, and hot pepper sauce.
2. Stir in buttermilk, shrimp, cucumber, green pepper, celery, and pimiento.
3. Cover and chill thoroughly.
4. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and serve... - 42.6433
1. In a bowl mix buttermilk, salt, pepper, garlic and corn oil.
2. To prepare the chicken marinate in buttermilk mixture for 2 hours, then drain and save liquid.
3. In a pan in hot oil brown chicken lightly, then add onion, saute slowly 10 minutes and... - 41.1913
Buttermilk Vegetable Mold
This Buttermilk-vegetable Mold recipe will entice any eater fussy or easy. If you have a lot of Milk Product on hand then Buttermilk-vegetable Mold is the recipe you should opt for. Buttermilk-vegetable Mold as a Side Dish never fails to impress. - 41.1829
Cream shortening and sugar.
Mix and sift dry ingredients and add alternately with buttermilk.
Stir in fruits and nuts.
Pour into greased and floured 2 1/2-inch muffin pans, filling two thirds full.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (375°F.) for about... - 40.62
Mixed Grains Buttermilk Dread
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
Combine buttermilk, honey, margarine, and salt in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until very warm (120° to 130°).
Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; beat at low speed of an electric mixer until... - 40.5933
A refreshing drink to beat the heat! Nothing better than Buttermilk...quick and easy anytime drink that would recharge you. - 39.7179
1. In a medium dry bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar. Keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, break eggs.
3. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to beat the eggs until well blended and thick,
4. While whisking... - 39.5593
Squash Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
1. Steam the squash for about 12 minutes or until tender and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add the tomatoes and broccoli.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, basil, and curry powder.
4. Pour over the squash mixture and toss it... - 39.1872
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas.
2) In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt together.
3)Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the buttermilk to make a... - 39.1829
Buttermilk Fruit Ring
In a blender or food processor, sprinkle gelatin over buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
Heat orange juice to boiling, then add to blender with honey.
Cover container and whirl on low speed until well blended.
Pour mixture into a bowl, cover, and... - 39.1559
Buttermilk Yogurt Dressing
1) In a wide mouth jar or small bowl, mix together all ingredients until uniformly blended.
2) Keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow chilling.
3) Use as required.
Store any remaining dressing in refrigerator in a covered container... - 38.6132
Mix shortening, 1 cup sugar, and egg thoroughly.
Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting.
Blend dry ingredients into shortening mixture.
Chill dough 1 hr.
Heat oven to 400°
Drop by tablespoon-fuls on greased baking... - 38.441
In a bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, flour, milk, oil sugar, and salt.
Beat with a rotary beater Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet over high heat.
Remove from the heat.
Spoon in4bout 2 tablespoons of batter lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
Return to... - 38.4349
Veal In Buttermilk
1) Wash the veal.
2) Flatten the veal with the back of a heavy knife.
3) In a plate combine flour with pepper and turn meat in it to coat.
4) In a pan, add butter and heat till frothy, then add garlic and crumble in the sage.
5) Add in... - 38.4147
Fruited Buttermilk Ring
In saucepan stir together gelatin and sugar; add 2 cups of the buttermilk.
Cook and stir over low heat till gelatin and sugar dissolve.
Cool 15 minutes.
Add remaining buttermilk, lemon peel, and lemon juice.
Pour into 6-cup mold.
Cover and chill... - 37.8979
Buttermilk Chocolate Drops
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixer bowl cream brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
Add chocolate, egg and vanilla; mix well.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix lightly.
To the creamed mixture add the dry... - 37.6583
Buttermilk Herb Dressing
1) In a jar, place all the ingredients.
2) Tightly cover the jar and shake well to blend.
3) Place inside refrigerator to chill for several hours.
4) Shake well before serving.
5) Serve the dressing over salad.
Store in the refrigerator... - 37.5382
Do you like buttermilk? How about Buttermilk with a twist? Blushing buttermilk is a refreshing drink with a nice flavor of tomato juice. - 37.0259
Oven Fried Buttermilk Chicken
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Lightly grease baking sheet.
Combine all ingredients except chicken and buttermilk in pie plate or shallow dish.
Dip chicken in buttermilk, then roll in dry mixture and place on baking sheet.
Bake until juices run clear when chicken is... - 36.9314
Brussels Sprout Salad With Buttermilk Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts well and remove all the discolored outer leaves
2. With a sharp knife on a cutting board, thinly slice the sprouts
3. In a large bowl, tip in the Brussels sprouts, carrot, apple and walnuts and mix... - 36.6524
1) In a saucepan, add all the ingredients to combine.
2) Place the saucepan over medium heat.
3) Heat up the mixture by stirring but do not boil.
4) Distribute the soup in serving bowls and season with salt and pepper, if... - 36.5469
Potatoes Steamed In Buttermilk
1.In a saucepan, heat buttermilk.
2.Add peeled potatoes to the pan.
3.Sprinkle salt on it.
4.Add a good amount of pepper to it.
5.Let the potatoes cook for sometime until tender.
6.Serve with topping of butter cube along with oatmeal. - 36.3404
Buttermilk Egg Braid
In a large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of flour and yeast.
In a saucepan heat buttermilk, margarine or butter, sugar, and salt just till warm (115° to 120°); stir constantly.
Add to flour mixture with the 3 eggs.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for... - 36.2699
Buttermilk & Sherry Hotcakes
In a medium-size bowl, beat egg white just until stiff, moist peaks form.
In a large bowl, beat egg yolk, buttermilk, oil, and sherry together until frothy; then blend in flour, cornmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Fold beaten white into buttermilk... - 36.1913
Buttermilk Baked Halibut
1. In a shallow dish large enough to hold the fish snugly in one layer, combine the buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Add the fish and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 500°. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
3. Place the... - 36.1696
Low Fat Ranch Dressing
1) In a bowl add all the ingredients.
2) Whisk all the ingredients together.
3) Serve with any salad of your choice. - 36.0634
Buttermilk Fruit Ring
In blender jar, sprinkle gelatin over buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
Heat orange juice to boiling, then add to blender along with honey.
Cover and whirl on low speed until well blended.
Pour mixture into bowl, cover, and chill until thick and... - 35.4141
Buttermilk Rhubarb Cobbler
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Generously butter a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart oval or rectangular nonreactive baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, stir together 3/4 cup of the sugar, 1 tablespoon of the flour, the orange zest and the cinnamon. Add the rhubarb and... - 35.3796
Chocolate Buttermilk Frozen Yogurt
1. In a saucepan, add buttermilk and sprinkle gelatin and allow it to stand for a minute. Add sugar, stir and heat moderately to set. Continue to stir occasionally until sugar and gelatin have dissolved.
2. Allow to cool and thus thickened, stirring... - 34.7535
Buttermilk is helps to cool down the stomach and helps stimulate the immune system.Those with digestive problems are often advised to drik buttermilk, as it is more quickly digested.
So drink up for your health! - 34.7346
Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the butter in a large shallow roasting pan and put in the oven to melt. Meanwhile, in a pie plate, whisk the buttermilk and egg. On a piece of wax paper, toss the flour, with the ground pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt,... - 34.6389
1) In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic powder, Accent, onions, parsley and season to taste.
2) Refrigerate the mayonnaise mixture for 2 days to combine the flavour.
3) Use to dress any desired salad. - 34.5871
Combine all ingredients and chill.
This recipe can easily be halved.
Will keep in refrigerator for 1 to 2 months.
It may be made without buttermilk and used as a spread for sandwiches.
With buttermilk, it can be used as a salad dressing or as a dressing for... - 33.4247
1. In a blender, process buttermilk and strawberries at medium speed until strawberries are pureed and mixture is smooth.
2. Add sweetener and tint with food colouring; pulse for another 1 minute.
3. Into popsicle moulds or paper cups... - 33.3777
Buttermilk Fried Onions
In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, flour, baking soda and salt, and beat them together with a large spoon.
Pour in the buttermilk slowly, beating until the mixture forms a fairly smooth paste.
Heat the shortening in a deep-fat fryer—the fat should be... - 33.3567
Buttermilk Recipes By Category