- » Buttered Parsnip
Buttered Parsnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of buttered parsnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for buttered parsnip recipes.
1) Wash and dry the parsnips.
2) Pare them; cut into quarters, lengthwise and further cut quarters into 3-inch pieces.
3) In a medium saucepan, place the parsnip.
4) Add boiling water to measure 1 inch.
5)Cover the pan and simmer for 20... - 41.1303
1) Take a roasting bag and add parsnips, butter, and thyme.
2) Tie the bag loosely and cook on power for 10 minutes.
3) Season to taste and serve as required. - 27.7749
Cook whole or cut into sticks or slices.
Heat salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
Add parsnips; cover and bring to boiling.
Cook until tender, about 30 minutes for whole and 10 to 15 minutes for sticks or slice.
Drain... - 22.1313
You May Also Like!
Sugared Buttered Parsnips
1) Peel the parsnips, rinse and dice into large pieces.
2) In a pan, boil or steam the parsnips, until tender and drain thoroughly.
3) In the same pan, melt the butter.
4) Then add the parsnips and toss lightly until thoroughly... - 36.2019
Parsnips With Parsley
Shred the parsnips in the food processor or with a hand grater.
Put parsnips in a saucepan.
Add the water and sugar and bring to a boil.
Cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Drain and add butter, salt and pepper; stir until melted.
Place in serving... - 34.7959
Buttered Parsnips With Nutmeg
Peel but do not cut the parsnips.
Place in a saucepan, add the stock and salt, cover, bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
Drain the stock, reserving for another use.
Pour over the butter, sprinkle on the... - 29.7585
Bring water to a boil in a skillet, add parsnips and salt.
Cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until the parsnips are crisp-tender.
Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in skillet; stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, and parsnips.
Cook over medium heat, stirring... - 25.3639
1. Drain the cooked parsnips.
2. Heat the butter or margarine and honey or sugar. Spread over the parsnips. Cover and leave over lowest heat 5 minutes. - 19.9421
Parsnips And Pears
Peel pears and cut into quarters.
Peel parsnips and cut each into 4 chunks.
Cover parsnips with water and cook until just fork tender.
Drain and cool.
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon into melted butter.
Preheat stovetop grill.
Brush parsnip and... - 34.5265
Wash parsnips and cook in boiling water until tender.
Cool, scrape, halve, and remove cores.
Melt butter in skillet; add parsnips and sprinkle lightly with salt.
Add maple syrup.
Cook until slightly browned and glazed, turning once. - 33.4088
Parsnip And Butter Bean Crepes
1. Sift flour into a medium bowl, make a well in the center, add combined eggs, water and milk, gradually whisk mixture into flour until batter is smooth. Strain batter if there are any lumps.
2. Heat a crepe pan over medium heat, brush lightly with oil. Pour... - 37.6085
Cook parsnips in small amount of salted water until just tender.
Don't overcook as they go mushy very easily.
Add remaining ingredients.
Stir gently to melt butter and to coat parsnips. - 28.8576
1. As soon as the parsnips are tender, drain them and put through a ricer.
2. Mix the onion and seasonings in; beat the cream or milk in, adding just enough to make a fluffy texture like mashed potatoes. Pour into a warmed serving dish, add dabs of butter or... - 26.436