- » Brown Sugar Pickle
Brown Sugar Pickle Recipes
Enjoy our collection of brown sugar pickle recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for brown sugar pickle recipes.
Pickled Peaches With Brown Sugar
Combine 1 quart water, vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt and set aside.
Scald the peaches to loosen the skins, then dip in cold water and peel.
Drop into salted vinegar water to prevent darkening.
Tie the spices in a piece of thin cloth.
Combine 1 teaspoon salt,... - 41.5552
Drain mushrooms; reserve 1/2 cup liquid.
'Place mushrooms in quart jar.
Combine vinegar, pickling spice, reserved liquid and brown sugar in saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour over mushrooms.
Refrigerate for 2 days. - 29.3861
Glazed Corned Beef With Brown Sugar
1) Into a kettle, cook the meat till browned with peppercorns, bay leaf and thyme in water
2) Allow the meat to rest in the broth till serving time
3) Onto a carving board, place the meat fat side up
4) Top the meat with the mixture of mustard and... - 36.6378
Whole Green Tomato Pickle
Peel your tomatoes.
Let stand overnight in salt and water.
In a large pot, bring vinegar, sugar and pickling spice to a boil.
Add tomatoes; reduce heat; simmer until a fork will slip into the tomatoes easily.
Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon and... - 36.2894
Quick Watermelon Rind Pickles
1. Wash, and peel watermelon. Cut, and remove the flesh.
2. Now, cut the white rind of watermelon into ½-inch slices.
3. Wash and cut cucumber, lemon, and ginger into thin slices.
4. Into two clean 1 quart mason jars, add cinnamon... - 100.18
Heat 3/4 kg oil.
Cut the chicken into small pieces (20 from each chicken) and fry well till browned in the hot oil.
Remove from oil.
In the same oil fry ginger and garlic brown.
Add chilli powder and vinegar, when it boils, remove from fire.
Heat... - 44.2795
Drain mushrooms, reserving broth; place in glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
Combine remaining ingredients; add 1/2 cup mushroom broth.
Bring to boil; simmer 5 minutes; pour over mushrooms; cover tightly; cool.
Refrigerate 24 hours or more before serving. - 20.7217
Aam Ka Achar - Hot Mango Pickle
To all those who enjoy eating Indian pickles will relish this. For most Indians pickle is an important part of their meal. If you want to preserve it for a longer time, then do refrigerate it. Watch the video for the recipe of this tasty pickle. - 96.4462
Super Bowl Spicy-hot Deep-fried Dill Pickle Slices
Deep-fried pickles are a crowd favorite at any gathering. Plus, it's easy to prepare and notches up the flavor of your snack table easily. Just grab the ingredients and follow Betty’s video recipe to get preparing this tasty treat at home. - 94.9154
Peel the onions.
Place in a cold brine allowing 1/4 cup salt to every qt. of water and let stand 24 hrs.
Drain and pack into clean, hot, sterilized jars with thin layers of the seasonings which have been combined.
Fill the jars with boiling sirup made by... - 25.2033
Aloo Til Ko Achar
This is a typical Nepali style Potato's pickle which is very spicy and piquant. - 141.471
Thoroughly wash the mushrooms; trim stems.
In 3-quart saucepan combine onion rings, red wine vinegar, water, brown sugar, pickling salt, and the tarragon; bring the mixture to boiling.
Add the mushrooms; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Lift the mushrooms and... - 36.8352
Sweet Green Tomato Pickles
Chop or grind tomatoes and onions, and bring to boil in their own juices.
Turn heat low, and simmer 30 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, and simmer, uncovered, until thick, stirring occasionally.
Ladle into hot sterilized jars, and seal.
Makes 8 pints. - 32.7472
How To Make Fried Pickles
Have you ever tried making fried pickles. Watch the video as the chef demonstrates the whole recipe so well. It’s a similar dish like you get it in the restaurant Hooters. - 110.92
How To Make Fried Pickles
Pop-able salty little bites that deliver a big, satisfying crunch!
Serve Hot with cool, creamy Ranch.
I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!!! - 118.603
In saucepan, cover apricots with 1 -inch water.
Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Drain, reserving 3/4 cup apricot liquid.
In saucepan, combine reserved apricot liquid, brown sugar, vinegar, stick cinnamon, and whole cloves.
Stir in... - 34.7988
Pickled Crab Apples
Wash crab apples and remove blossom end.
Do not pare.
Combine remaining ingredients and simmer together 20 minutes.
Add apples a few at a time and simmer until tender.
Pack apples in hot sterilized jars adding sirup to cover apples.
Seal. - 29.6268
Fried Dill Pickles In Beer Batter
Fried Dill Pickles In Beer Batter is an amazingly easy to prepare fried recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Serve this delicious recipe to them, I bet everyone will praise for your creativity. - 40.7865
1) Chop off the onion ends and remove the outer papery skins. Rinse thoroughly and drain the onions.
2) Completely dissolve half of the salt in 2 1/2 quarts of water. Put the brine and onions in a large china or earthenware bowl, cover and soak... - 41.5666
1. Peel the onions, but keep them whole. Put them into a thick bottomed pan, add all the ingredients, and boil for 10-12 minutes or until the onions are tender.
2. Remove, cool thoroughly and bottle. - 34.0948
Scrub but do not peel beets.
Cut off the tops 1" from beet.Slice
Boil in salted water until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Drain, reserving 2 cups of the beet water.
Cool under cold water until you can handle them to remove the skins.
Put in cold sterilized... - 39.7585
Hearty, filling and extremely tasty, this Pickled Mushrooms is sure to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. This quick and simple to make recipe is all here to feast on; so give this Pickled Mushrooms a try! - 32.341
Pickled Sprout Salad
1. In an enamel or stainless steel pan combine the vinegar, water, oil, sugar, spices, and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Steam the carrot pieces for 2 minutes, cool in ice water, and drain.
3. Arrange layers of carrots, mushrooms,... - 33.2292
Sweet Peach Pickle
Boil together vinegar, sugar, and whole spice.
Stick two cloves into each peach.
Put a dozen or more peaches in at a time into boiling syrup and cook until they can be pierced with a straw.
Fill jars with peaches.
Cook syrup until thick, and pour.
Fill ja - 26.7559
Sweet And Sour Lime Pickle
Boil the limes in water till they turn slightly soft.
Drain out the water.
In a separate pan put 1 cup water with 1 cup salt.
When crystals form, add half the vinegar and boil for 5 minutes.
Heat half the cup sugar till it turns into a brown syrup.
Add the... - 33.7453
Spanish Green Tomato Pickles
1 Use pear-shaped or round tomatoes. Wash, remove stem ends and blossom scars, and slice. Pack tomatoes and onions in alternate layers with salt sprinkled between layers. Let stand overnight. Drain.
2 Add green peppers, spices and sugar. Add vinegar almost to... - 32.5621
Peel pineapples; core.
Cut into 1-inch cubes or spears.
In kettle or Dutch oven mix sugar, water, and vinegar.
Tie spices in cheesecloth; add to mixture.
Bring to boiling; boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
Cover; simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove spice bag;... - 37.484
Peel pineapples; core.
Cut into 1-inch cubes or spears.
In kettle mix sugar, vinegar, and 2 cups water.
Tie spices in cheesecloth; add to mixture.
Boil 5 to 8 minutes.
Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
Remove spice bag.
Pack pineapple into hot, clean... - 34.8529
Old-fashioned Pickled Peaches
Old-Fashioned Pickled Peaches is an easy to prepare side dish recipe. Enjoy this Old-Fashioned Pickled Peaches and share to us how you feel about this. - 32.7527
Sliced Cucumber Pickles
1. In a large pan, combine boiling water and salt. Stir until all the salt dissolves.
2. Add the sliced cucumbers to the brine liquid.
3. Cover and let the cucumber stand in the brine for 3 days.
4. Pour off the brine and boil till it come to a... - 44.0128
Mustard Bean Pickles
1. Wash beans and cut into 1" pieces.
2. Cover with boiling water and 3 tbsp. salt, and cook 1/2 hour.
3. Drain very well.
4. In another large saucepan, mix vinegar and sugar, and bring to a boil.
5. In a small bowl, mix flour, mustard and turmeric.
6. Add... - 42.0158
Pickled beets is a spiced homemade beet pickle recipe prepared with equal pats if water and vinegar. Combined and cooked together the mixture is used for pickling the beets. It can be served on the side as a condiment. - 32.5335
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Lemon Pickle goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Lemon Pickle to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 35.0109
Mustard Bean Pickle
Cook beans in boiling, salted water until almost tender.
Mix dry ingredients with 1/2 cup vinegar to make a paste.
Stir in remaining 3 cups vinegar.
Cook stirring constantly until thick.
Cool slightly and seal in sterilized pint jars with paraffin. - 31.4924
Spicy Orillia Green Tomato Pickle
Combine the above ingredients and bring to boiling point.
Add tomatoes and onions and simmar slowly uncovered for 30 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup flour mixed with cold water and cook, stirring continually until thickened.
Pour into sterilized jars and seal. - 33.2561
Pickled Mustard Greens With Pork
This Pickled Mustard Greens With Pork makes an awesome combination with rice or noodles ! Try out this spciy pork dish and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Pickled Mustard Greens With Pork are welcome ! - 45.2708
Spicy Green Tomato Pickle
Did you know Green Tomato Pickle can make a bland meal taste amazingly flavorful? Try this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Green Tomato Pickle. A great way to pep up your meal and to impress your guests! - 39.6246
Seasoned Lime Pickle
1. Wash, wipe dry and cut the limes into eight pieces each. Put the pieces in a jar, add salt and turmeric powder, and set aside for two to three days.
2. Wash the green chillies, scrape the ginger and peel the garlic. Dab with a piece of clean cloth to... - 42.428
Sweet Pickle Chips
Scrub gherkins and slice enough to make 10 cups.
Toss with salt and cover with 2 or 3 trays of ice cubes.
Let stand 2 hours.
Bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Add sliced gherkins.
Bring slowly to a boil rifting and turning... - 36.2126
Cucumber Sandwich Pickles
Sprinkle salt over cucumbers; add 2 quarts cold water and let stand 2 to 3 hours.
Combine 3 cups vinegar and 3 cups water; bring to a boil.
Add cucumbers, simmer about 8 minutes.
Drain well, discarding liquid.
Combine 2 cups vinegar and 1... - 45.9813
Wash and coarsely chop lemons, leaving skin on, remove the pips.
Place lemons, salt in bowl, mix well.
Set aside for 1 hour.
Heat a non-stick pan, dry roast fenugreek seeds until golden brown.
Transfer to dry grinder, add chilli, turmeric, sugar and grind to... - 41.9297
Cucumber Sandwich Pickles
Wash cucumbers and remove blossom ends.
Assemble Salad Maker with Thick Slicer Disc and large bowl.
For Mixture 1, sprinkle cucumbers with salt, add cold water, and let stand for 2 to 3 hours.
Prepare jars and lids for... - 39.7814
Mustard-pickled Wax Beans
Wash the beans, and trim off the tops and tips; then cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
Dice the peppers.
Cook the beans in boiling salted water until barely tender.
Stir in diced pepper, and cover.
Cook 1 minute.
Mix the next 7 ingredients together in... - 42.5032
Quick Pickled Vidalia Onions
Dave demos Pickled Vidalia Onions, a super-simple BBQ condiment for hamburgers and hot dogs for grill season, on Special Fork Video Friday. - 28.2314
Dice cucumbers into 1-inch cubes without peeling to make 2 quarts, and cut cauliflowers into small flowerets.
Mix all together, and cover with cold water.
Sprinkle with 3/4 cup salt, stir well and leave overnight.
In morning scald by bringing to... - 42.5075
Chinese Pickled Cucumber
Chinese Pickled Cucumber is extremely easy to prepare and tastes awesome. I often serve the pickle as an appetizer at parties. Everyone loves the tantanlising taste of Chinese Pickled Cucumber. - 26.2241
Pickled Eggs And Red Beets
Boil beets until tender.
Skin and put in a deep bowl.
Bring water, vinegar, sugar, spices and salt to a boil.
Pour over beets and let stand overnight.
Place eggs in the mixture, making sure eggs are completely covered with liquid.
Let stand in refrigerator... - 32.9804
1) In a bowl, combine the horseradish, brown sugar, vinegar and salt together; blend thoroughly.
2) Use the 3/4 cup Pickled Horseradish as required. - 28.748
Curry Cucumber Pickles
Tie spice in cheesecloth bag; add to combined next 6 ingredients in a kettle.
Bring to boil; add cucumbers and onions; bring to boil, and cook 5 min.
Drain, reserving liquid; stir parsley into drained pickles; remove spice bag; pack into clean, hot sterilized... - 35.5296
Chow Chow Pickles
In large kettle combine cucumbers, green peppers, green beans, cauliflowerets, and onions; stir in the 4 cups water and pickling salt.
Let stand in cool place for 2 to 3 hours.
Drain; cover with boiling water.
Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
Combine brown sugar,... - 39.4685
Julia S Bread And Butter Pickles
Slice chilled cucumbers into the thinnest slices possible.
Place vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle salt over all.
Cover with a weighted lid and place in refrigerator for three hours.
Rinse in ice water.
Mix vinegar, sugar, and spices together in a... - 42.3709
Capt Andy's Sugar Smoked Walleye
In 5-quart glass or plastic container, combine brine ingredients.
Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
Add fillets to brine.
Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
Place wood chips in large mixing bowl.
Cover with water.
Soak chips for 1 hour.
Drain... - 40.8673
Easy Sweet Dills
1) Drain dill pickles.
2) In 4-qt kettle, combine garlic, vinegar, spices and sugar.
3) Boil the mixture; simmer 5 minutes.
4) Add pickles.
5) Bring to boil.
6) Pack cucumbers into 4 sterilized hot pint jars; cover with syrup, filling... - 40.1347
Frugal Pickle Pressing
1) In a small mixing bowl, add the mustard, oil, vinegar, pickle juice, thyme, caraway seeds, poppy seeds, salt, cloves, brown sugar and garlic together.
2) Beat a wire whisk, until all the ingredients are mixed.
3) Place in the refrigerator for at... - 42.458
Roast Goose With Rice And Pickle Stuffing
1. Combine rice, stuffing croutons, orange sections, onions, cranberries, pickles and liquid, butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl; toss lightly until blended.
2. Rinse goose and remove any large layers of fat from the body cavity. Pat dry with absorbent... - 39.7931
Thai Style Turkey Burgers With Pickled Cucumbers
Make the pickled cucumbers: In a small bowl stir together the vinegar, the brown sugar, the salt, and the red pepper flakes until the sugar and the salt are dissolved, add the cucumber, stirring to coat it well with the marinade, and let the mixture stand for... - 34.9718
Pickled Onion Steak And Ale Pudding
Trim the beef of any really thick fat or tough bits of gristle - although you want to retain a certain degree of fat in order to keep the meat moist and add plenty of flavour.
Visit your local butcher for good beef and avoid lean braising steak, the latter... - 47.868
Tomato Pepper Piccalilli
Mix vegetables and salt, and let stand overnight.
Drain and press out liquid.
Add vinegar and sugar.
Tie spice in a cheesecloth bag and add to mixture.
Bring to boil and simmer until mixture is clear and slightly thickened.
Pour to overflowing into hot... - 38.916
Green Tomato Pickle
Wash vegetables well, chop skinned tomatoes into small pieces, break cauliflower into small flower-ettes.
Peel and chop onions, place all vegetables into a large bowl, sprinkle with salt, cover with water, stand overnight.
Drain, rinse well in cold water.... - 40.6802
Pickled Mustard Cabbage
1. Separate mustard cabbage leaves and cut across the grain in 1/2 inch sections.
2. Place sugar, water and vinegar in a deep pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Add cabbage. Bring to a boil again, stirring gently. Remove... - 23.9294
Red Relish Pickle
Mash tomatoes well and mix.
Put all in bag and drain over night.
In morning take contents of bag and mix.
Mix well and bottle.
Keep in cool place.
Will keep several months. - 36.0468
Let vegetables stand in brine 24 hours.
Heat and add small cup flour, 5 tablespoons mustard, and 1/2 ounce tumeric.
Stir until thick and cook vegetables in it a few minutes till tender. - 28.7138
Bread And Butter Pickles
Place cucumbers and onions in large bowl; sprinkle with salt.
Let stand for 2 hours; drain.
Boil vinegar, water, sugar and spices in large pot for 3 minutes.
Add drained cucum bers and onions; bring to boil.
Cook for 5 minutes; pour into four hot sterilized... - 35.58
Clean herrings, do not remove skin.
Place whole herrings or sections into a quart jar.
Bring to a quick boil the vinegar, water, sugar and cool until lukewarm.
Add liquid to jar with bay leaves, spices, peppercorns and lemon slices.
Add sour cream,... - 38.9724
Mustard Pickles is a tasty and addictive pickle which brings together a lovely combination of flavors and texture. You will definitely love this Mustard Pickles recipe! Trust me! - 45.7137
Charleston Pickled Shrimp
1. Clean, shell and devein the shrimps, set aside.
2. Thinly slice the onions, finely chop and de seed the jalapenos pepper.
3. In a pot boil water and add the shrimps and once it turns pink turn off the heat and drain the shrimps and... - 0
Garlic Flavored Green Tomato Pickles
Arrange tomatoes and onions in layers in a large bowl, sprinkling salt between the layers.
Cover and let stand overnight.
Drain the vegetables in a colander and rinse them thoroughly under cold running water to remove excess salt.
While vegetables are... - 42.4631
Hot Green Tomato Pickle
Wash and stem tomatoes.
Slice tomatoes and onions thinly.
Sprinkle salt over vegetables in layers.
Let stand overnight.
In the morning drain thoroughly.
Tie whole spices, garlic, and dried red pepper in cheesecloth bag; add to vinegar along with... - 44.0332
Sweet Tomato Pickles
1. Chop onions, tomatoes and peppers finely.
2. Mix them, cover with salt and allow them to stand overnight.
3. Drain the mixture.
4. Add to this mixture vinegar, spices and salt which have already been heated to boiling.
5. Cook it for... - 43.6573
Mixed Mustard Pickles
Bring to a boil.
If you like a thick mustard sauce on your pickles, thicken with one cup of flour. - 34.115
Pickled Green Beans
Cook the green beans in boiling, salted water until they are tender.
Drain and pack into hot, sterilized jars.
Put all the remaining ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Set aside to cool.
Pour over the beans to within... - 25.5292
1) Skin cantaloupe, discard seed. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
2) Measure and put in crock or glass bowl. Mix coarse salt with 2 quarts of the water and pour it on the cantaloupe. Let stand for 24 hours in water.
3) Wash and drain cantaloupes.
4) Mix... - 43.2753
1. Heat oil in medium pan, saute garlic, ginger till brown, add eggplant, chilli, garam masala, stir on high for 2 mins, add rest of ingredients.
2. Cook on low, stir often until eggplant is well cooked (approx 25-30 mins). Pickle is ready when oil starts to... - 31.7469
Spicy Mango Pickle
If you are looking for a spicy accompaniment to any meal, try this Spicy mango pickle. In this recipe, mango is coated in Indian spices to make for an all–season accompaniment which can last for even a year. For best results fresh mangoes should be used and... - 98.0579
Green Tomato Pickle
Arrange the vegetables, in layers, in a bowl, sprinkling each layer generously with the salt.
Cover with water and set aside overnight.
Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Put 1 1/4 L / 2 pints of vinegar and the sugar into a saucepan and bring to the... - 37.1598
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
Mix 2 teaspoons salt with warm water in bowl, soak vegetables overnight, drain.
Spread vegetables out on clean tea towel to dry.
Heat oil in pan, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
As they pop, set aside to cool in their oil.
Place remaining mustard seeds and... - 46.0721
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1 Wash the vegetables.
2 Peel and cut the vegetables (carrots into long slices, cauliflower into medium pieces, round slices of turnip in medium thickness).
3 In a pan, blanch the vegetables in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
4 Drain out... - 40.4587
Crispy Noodles With Lime Pickle
1. To make pickle, place limes, shallots, salt and water in a saucepan and cook, stirring occasionlly, over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until limes are tender. Stir in sugar, vinegar, fish sauce and mustard seeds and simmer, stirring frequently, for 30... - 34.0981
Garden Mustard Pickles
1. Combine the cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Sprinkle with salt; stir to blend.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let stand 12 to 18 hours; pour off brine; put vegetables in kettle.
3. Add sugar,... - 34.5488
Chilli Sauce (pickle)
Try this richly flavored and amazingly delicious Chilli Sauce (Pickle). This is the best meal accompaniment to go for, if you're left with no time for an elaborate side dish. Use this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Chilli Sauce (Pickle) and delight in... - 41.1437
Red Pepper And Courgette Pickle
1. Remove the seeds and stalk from the peppers and chop roughly, then place in a bowl.
2. Trim and roughly chop the courgettes and add to the peppers.
3. Sprinkle liberally with salt and leave to stand for several hours or overnight.
4. Drain, rinse and dry... - 41.8615
Nine Day Pickles
Wash and brush several dozen small cucumbers.
Make a brine of 1 cup of salt to 1 gallon water.
Bring to a boil and pour over cucumbers.
Let stand three days and repeat.
Let stand another three days.
Then pour off brine and take one gallon boiling water and a... - 42.4327
1. Parboil carrots in 5 cups water brought to boil for 2 minutes.
2. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer them to iced water filled pot to arrest cooking.
3. Cook string beans in boiling water for 3 minutes or until they turn bright green. Transfer... - 46.6948
Cinnamon Pickled Beets
Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices.
Heat to boiling; pour over sliced cooked beets.
Let stand 6 hours. - 26.0787
Pickled Black Figs
Tie spices in a bag and drop into a saucepan with the vinegar and sugar plus 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove spice bag.
Add figs and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
Cool and pour into a sealer or screw-top jar. - 25.5216
Combine brown sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice in a large sauce pot.
Add spices tied in cheesecloth bag.
Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
Peel pineapple; remove eyes; and core; cut into spears.
Add pineapple to syrup; simmer until heated through.
Drain; reserve... - 39.5005
Spiced Pickled Peaches
1) Skin peaches and insert 2 or 3 whole cloves in each.
2) Add brown sugar to the peaches to cover it. Keep aside overnight.
3) Drain out syrup in a pan.
4) Add vinegar and cinnamon to it and boil.
5) Add peaches into boiling syrup in... - 36.2965
Pickled Shrimp And Peppers
Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Combine brown sugar and next 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until brown sugar dissolves.
Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes... - 40.9948
1. Discard tough outer leaves and core of cabbage. Cut in l inch cubes.
2. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and salt.
3. Heat oil. Add cabbage and stir fry until translucent but still crisp (about 3 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
4. Heat remaining oil.... - 29.4153
1) Cut the fish fillets in 1- inch cubes.
2) In a bowl, mix together, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1teaspoon curry powder.
3) Dip the fish in the flour mixture.
4) In a pan heat oil and fry the fish till it is brown evenly. Drain on... - 43.6383
1) Cover prunes with brown vinegar, cloves and ginger and leave aside for a whole night.
2) On the following day, collect the drained liquor in a bowl.
3) Take a pan and cover and cook the prunes in it until soft.
4) Allow 1/2 pint... - 39.0327
Spiced Pickled Peaches
1) Sterlize two 1/2-pint jars with vinegar-proof lids , rinse, drain well and dry them thoroughly in a warm oven.
2) Lightly crush the ginger by hitting with a rolling pin. Place the ginger, lemon peel, cinnamon stick and crushed spices on a... - 42.6115
Mix all ingredients in large crock (4 gallon).
Drop in fresh vegetables when ready from garden.
Use onions, cauliflower, small cut up cucumbers.
Use loose cover; let stand 1 month.
Stir occasionally. - 31.6997
Quick Pickled Peaches
Drain syrup from peaches; combine syrup with all remaining ingredients.
Boil for 5 minutes.
Add peaches to syrup; simmer for 5 minutes.
Chill for several hours or over night. - 26.8582
Wash beetroot well, cook in boiling salted water until tender, or until skins are easily removed.
Combine remaining ingredients in separate saucepan, bring to boil, lower heat, simmer 5 minutes.
Peel and slice beetroots, pack into hot sterilised jars.... - 33.4652
Sweet Pickled Cherries
Stone the cherries or slit the skins to allow the syrup to penetrate.
Boil the other ingredients for 10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
Remove the spices and add the cherries.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Drain from the liquid and pack loosely into warm jars.
Boil... - 34.2661
My Special Ripe Cucumber Pickle
Remove seeds from cucumbers, do not peel, and slice onions.
Put in brine of 1 cup salt to 2 quarts of water.
Let stand overnight.
In morning make following dressing: Mix, but do not cook.
Put onions and cucumbers in kettle with 4 cups brown sugar and enough... - 37.7161
1. Dip peaches in hot water.
2. Rub off its fuzz using a cloth.
3. In a pan, boil sugar, vinegar and spices for about 20 minutes.
4. Then place a few peaches at a time in the syrup and cook it until it becomes tender.
5. Pack them into... - 37.8822