- » Brown Rice Risotto
Brown Rice Risotto Recipes
Enjoy our collection of brown rice risotto recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for brown rice risotto recipes.
Brown Rice And Vegetable Risotto
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, carrots and parsnips, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are well coated with margarine. Add 1/4 cup of the stock, 1/4 teaspoon of... - 34.703
Brown Rice And Vegetable Risotto
In a 3 1/2-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine rice, onion, leeks, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, saffron, and 2 cloves of the garlic; pour in water and wine.
Cover and cook at low setting until rice is tender to bite (4 1/2 to 5 hours).
Cut... - 41.6592
Brown Rice Risotto With Asparagus And Porcini Mushrooms
Microwave method: In a 2-quart casserole, microwave the shallot and mushrooms in the oil on high until sizzling, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the rice to coat it with oil.
In a saucepan, combine the broth and tomato sauce or paste, and heat to boiling on the... - 38.7674
Vegan Risotto With Fresh Squash
On a Vegan diet and looking for some variety on the menu? Here's a recipe that you must take a note of. Watch the chef share her personal favorite recipe to prepare this yummy Vegan Risotto with Fresh Squash. The dish is simple and can be easily prepared at... - 101.618
Mozzarella And Sun-blushed Tomato Risotto With Basil
Put the stock in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
Melt half the butter in a separate saucepan and add the onion.
Cook gently for 10 minutes, until soft, but not browned.
Add the rice and stir until well-coated with the butter and heated through.
Pour... - 45.2006
Brown Risotto With Wine
Combine bouillon, water, soy sauce and wine; simmer.
Cut beef into very small pieces; sprinkle with meat tenderizer.
Heat butter in frying pan; brown beef, onion and garlic.
Add rice; continue cooking until rice is slightly browned.
Add hot bouillon... - 37.6157
Country Chicken Risotto
1 Heat the oil and half of the butter together in a frying pan (skillet) and fry the onion gently, without browning, for 4 minutes.
Stir in the rice and cook for 4 minutes or until the rice becomes opaque.
2 Add the cooked chicken, garlic, and chicken stock,... - 44.3989
Double Mushroom Risotto
1 In a small heatproof bowl, soakthe dried mushrooms in the water for 20 minutes or until softened.
Drain in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or papertoweling, reserving the liquid.
Slice the mushrooms, removing tough stems.
2 In a medium-size saucepan, bring... - 42.9008
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook potato slices, green onions, and carrots, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add water, salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon; over high heat, heat to boiling.... - 32.9265
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until it is lightly browned and the fat is released.
2. Spoon pancetta into a bowl and keep aside.
3. In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the... - 46.7856
Veal Marsala With Risotto
Combine flour, salt and pepper.
Coat veal slices.
In a large skillet, melt butter or margarine.
Add veal and brown on both sides.
Cook until golden.
Stir in hot water and bouillon cube, scraping pan.
Cook a few minutes until veal is tender.
Add... - 44.8319
Risotto Stuffed Tomatoes
1. Slice the tops off the tomatoes, then set them aside. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes with a teaspoon, but be careful not to cut through to the base. Chop the pulp and keep the seeds, but you can discard the hard, central cores.
2. Heat the... - 38.4097
1. Cut sausage into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a small frying pan with 2 tablespoons water. Cook covered over medium-low heat, turning, 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. With a slotted spoon, remove sausages and drain on paper towels.
2. In a large... - 22.1631
Corn And Sweet Pepper Risotto
1. If using fresh corn, remove leaves from corn and wipe with a damp towel to remove corn silk. Cut off stem end and hold corn upright on flat surface. To remove kernels, use a sharp knife to shave down ear of corn along surface of cob. If using frozen corn,... - 26.0281
Cajun Risotto Bites
1. In a saucepan cook aborio rice while slowly adding hot vegetable broth.
2. When the rice is almost done add Cajun spice and lemon juice.
3. Let it cool for a while, mash lightly and make bite sized balls out of it.
4. Mix the breading ingredients in... - 103.87
Mushroom And Chicken Risotto
In medium skillet, saute for 2-4 minutes.
Add and cook for another 3 minutes.
Do not let rice brown.
Add slowly to rice and cook on a medium heat for approx 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Add to rice, stir, and serve. - 35.4927
Risotto With Pine Nuts And Spinach
Cook in boiling water until done.
Squeeze out moisture.
Toast in skillet or oven at 400°F until lightly browned.
Heat in medium pan.
Add and cook until soft.
Add and saute for 2 minutes.
Add slowly and cook on a medium heat, stirring... - 38.7186
Risotto With Sweet Sausage And Vegetables
Heat in medium-sized skillet.
Add and saute until vegetables become soft.
Remove skin, chop, and add to above, cooking until almost done on a medium heat.
Add to above and saute just until light brown.
On moderate heat, add slowly to above, stirring often,... - 39.3671
Rice Milanese (risotto Milanese)
Rice Milanese (Risotto Milanese) is rice with an Italian twist. This Rice Milanese (Risotto Milanese) is rich with the flavors of butter, chicken stock and saffron. I just love this Rice Milanese (Risotto Milanese) and should say that this brings in a yummy... - 41.7091
Use a thick frying pan, and fry the onion in the fat until it begins to brown.
Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes longer.Add a quarter of the stock and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender, adding the rest of the stock gradually.
All the stock... - 30.8755
Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the meat and fry lightly.
Add the onion and continue to fry until golden brown.
Stir in the stock, garlic, herbs, canned tomatoes, bay leaf and dried peppers.
Bring to the boil.
Add the sherry and transfer to the Slo cooker.
Cook... - 45.281
Mushroom Risotto With White Wine
1. In a large frying pan melt 2 tablespoons butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in thyme, rosemary, and... - 31.0132
1. In a medium stock pot or saucepan, cover the rice with double the amount of water and soak for a minimum of 1 hour.
2. Just before cooking, drain the water from the rice using a sieve. Wash the rice under tap water and allow the water to... - 45.1981
Risotto With Fresh Spring Vegetables
Cut up vegetables and cook for 1 minute in boiling water.
Drain and set aside.
Melt in medium pan.
Add and saute until light brown, approx 5 minutes.
Add slowly to rice and stir often until all the liquid is absorbed, approx 20-25 minutes.
Add drained... - 36.0963
1. Fry the onion in the butter until lightly browned.
2. Add the rice and mix well.
3. Add the stock, bring to boiling point, cover and cook until the rice is tender and most of the stock is absorbed.
4. Add all the other ingredients and continue cooking for... - 34.9167
In bowl soak mushrooms in hot water to cover for 20 minutes.
Drain and reserve liquid.
Cut off and discard stems; chop mushroom caps.
Brown onion in preheated nonstick skillet.
Add chopped mushrooms and mushroom liquid, saffron, salt, and pepper.
Heat to... - 34.392
Risotto has a luscious taste. Risotto gets its taste from rice mixed with beef and peas, topped with cheese. Risotto is inspired by many food joints all over the world. - 47.6776
Heat in medium-sized saucepan.
Add and cook for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
Add and cook for 5-8 minutes, until just cooked.
Add and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add and stir until light brown.
Add slowly, stirring constantly.
Cook for approx. 20-25 minutes on a... - 40.3119
Risotto Di Frutti Di Mare
Steam mussels and clams in 2 cups water with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Remove from shells.
Strain juices and set aside for later use.
Brown onion, garlic and celery in 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Add mussels, clams and shrimp.
Cook about 2... - 42.7182
Risotto Rosso is a unique Italian rice dish that is both filling and unique. The Risotto Rosso Bread is too tasty to resist. Try it! - 42.1863
Risotto Primavera With Chicken Broth
In 3-quart saucepan cook leeks or onion and red or green pepper in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
Stir in chicken broth, rice, fresh or frozen peas, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 15... - 40.792
Spinach & Basil Risotto
1. Place spinach and water in a saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute or until spinach is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Place spinach mixture in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
3. Melt butter... - 33.4889
Risotto With Ham Pine Nuts And Basil
1. In a medium frying pan, roast pine nuts over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, shaking pan frequently. Set aside.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook onion 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Add ham,... - 28.3718
Creamy Risotto With Brussel Sprouts And Cabbage
How would you like to cook a delicious cancer-fighting risotto? The ingredients used in this recipe are cancer fighting and hence, really healthy to use. Filled with the goodness of vegetables as well as spices. Watch the recipe and try it out. You will... - 127.295
1. Place all the vegetables in a steamer or to boiling water and cook them for about 3 minutes until tender yet crunchy
2. Refresh them under running water to prevent further cooking. Drain and keep warm
3. In a small saucepan, add broth... - 47.6638
Risotto With Vegetables
In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender.
Add uncooked rice.
Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until rice is golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling; reduce heat and... - 45.8408
It’s a rainy day and nothing like a warm of bowl risotto to chase the cold away! Easy to prepare and it’s a meal for two which is done in half hour! Watch the video for more! - 87.2214
Risotto Primavera With Beans
1. Drop the broad beans into boiling water, leave for 1 min, then drain and cool under cold water. Peel off the skins. Slice each asparagus spear into 4 pieces.
2. Heat the oil and half the butter in a heavy, wide pan. Tip in the shallots, spring onions and... - 38.1559
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine tomatoes and olives. Mix well and keep aside.
2. In a wok, heat oil. Once hot, add garlic and walnuts and fry till pale brown in colour.
3. Remove walnuts and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
4. In... - 44.0054
Risotto With Bacon, Shiitake Mushrooms And Walnuts
I think, I'm in love with Richard Blaine's Risotto With Bacon, Mushrooms And Walnuts. It has a little bit of Sicilian influence going in there in the form of walnuts. This is a very earthy dish with the addition of Shiitake mushroom powder. This will make an... - 122.49
Risotto With Mushrooms Onions And Brandy
Chop and reserve.
Heat over medium heat in medium saucepan.
Add and cook until onions are golden.
Add above chopped mushrooms and saute until soft.
Add, turn heat to high, and stir.
Add rice and saute until light brown, approx 5 minutes.
Add slowly and cook... - 39.7102
Sweet Chicken Risotto
In large skillet (3 to 4 quarts), saute chicken and onion in oil 5 minutes.
Add rice, chicken broth, horseradish and sugar.
Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until rice is tender (there should be extra liquid).
Add peppers and black beans.
Simmer 5... - 38.8122
Lemon And Herb Risotto Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C /400°F/ Gas 6. Lightly oil a 22 cm / 8 1/2 in round, loose-bottomed cake tin.
2. Cook the leek in a large pan with 45 ml / 3 tbsp stock, stirring over a moderate heat, to soften. Add the rice and the remaining stock.
3. Bring to... - 38.3504
Risotto With Pancetta, Spinach And Goat Cheese
This is a very creamy recipe, without any cream. It also has delicious additional elements such as Pancetta and Goat Cheese, it is sprinkled with parmesan at the last moment and serve hot! - 40.395
Brown livers in hot butter.
Remove from pan.
Cook onions briskly until they begin to brown.
Cook a little longer.
Add rice, tomato paste and consomme.
Cook until rice begins to absorb consomme.
Add a little more consomme.
Continue cooking until... - 40.0806
Veal Rolls Risotto
Cut 2 slices cheese into 4 strips each.
Cut boiled ham slices in half.
On each slice of veal, arrange a piece of ham and on top of ham a strip of cheese.
Fold over edges of veal and secure with toothpicks.
Mix flour with salt and pepper and coat veal rolls... - 43.4432
1.In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions in it for 5 minutes.
2.Add rice to it and cook until light brown.
3.Put salt and broth and cook on low flame for 20 minutes until the rice is soft and the broth boils.
4.Put water if needed.
5.Add... - 39.3751
Summer Corn Risotto
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. On a baking sheet arrange the bacon strips and place in the oven for 10 minutes till they are well browned and crisp.
3. Transfer the bacon on to paper towels to drain and cool.
4. When cool, dice the bacon... - 45.3778
Wash, drain and dry the rice thoroughly in a clean cloth.
Heat the butter in a saucepan, put in the onion, and when lightly browned add the rice, and shake the pan over the heat for about 10 min Then sprinkle in the saffron, a good pinch of nutmeg, salt and... - 30.2398
Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft and slightly browned.
Wash rice only if necessary and then add to garlic and oil.
Saute over low heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes.
Heat bouillon, properly diluted, and add with the tomato paste, a small amount at... - 36.6046
Risotto A La Ratto
Saute onion in butter until transparent but not brown.
Add rice and stir until each grain is coated with the butter.
Add 1 cup boiling chicken broth and cook over low fire, stirring frequently, until rice has absorbed liquid.
Repeat process with remaining... - 36.2851
In medium saucepan cook onion in butter or margarine till onion is tender but not brown.
Stir in broth, rice, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a rolling boil; reduce heat to low.
Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
Continue cooking for 15 minutes (do not lift... - 35.3327
Risotto With Artichoke Hearts And Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven, melt 3 tablespoons butter.
3. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes till golden brown in color and tender. Keep stirring.
4. Add rice and cook. Stir till rice turns golden brown in... - 46.6315
Amarone Risotto With Pancetta And Prunes
1. In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine 2 cups of the Amarone with the chicken stock and 1/2 cup of water. Bring just to a simmer over moderate heat; do not boil. Reduce the heat to low to keep at a bare simmer.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, heavy... - 37.9335
Risotto Alla Toscana
1. Heat half the butter and oil in a heavy bottom pan. Fry onion, garlic until brown. Add vegetables and fry again for 10 minutes.
2. Add minced meat, liver, chicken liver, kidney, salt, pepper, chilli powder, nutmeg and cook until brown.
3. Dilute tomato... - 37.0343
Mary Norwak's Simple Risotto
1) Finely chop onion
2) Cook the onion in half the butter until soft and transparent.
3) Add the rice and cook, stirring well, until it is buttered but not brown.
4) Stir in stock which has been heated very gradually, adding more until... - 38.3643
Risotto Alla Milanese
1. Melt half the butter in a pan. Fry onion till transparent. Add wine (if using). Stir in rice and fry until almost brown.
2. Add 1 cup stock, stir and cook until the liquid has been absorbed, then add another cup hot stock. Continue cooking this way until... - 30.1383
Risotto Alia Parmigiana
Bring the broth and water to a simmer in a medium-size saucepan and keep hot.
In a large, heavy skillet or saucepan, melt the butter and oil just until the butter foams.
Add the onion and slowly saute it over medium heat until it is translucent and tender,... - 45.6539
1) Peel the onions and chop them neatly.
2) Place a large heavy-gauge saucepan over medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes or till the color of the vegetable has turned golden brown.
3) Stir in the... - 37.5113
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt and heat margarine or butter over medium high heat.
2. When hot but not smoking, add rice and onion.
3. SautÃ© until onion is limp and golden and rice lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Tip in the broth and stir... - 42.0327
Fried Risotto Balls
Take a look at this Fried Risotto Balls recipe, a classic street style snack item. Watch the video to see how the chef combines risotto, with few basic ingredients to make a scrumptious snack. This is a perfect snack item to serve half-way through the party... - 123.84
Risotto With Porcini
1) Trim and rinse the mushrooms, then set aside. (If using dried mushrooms, soak them in wine for at least 1/2 hour).
2) Allow the stock to boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook.
3) In a heavy saucepan, stir 3 tablespoons butter until melted... - 42.1903
Risotto Milanese Prepared With Lean Bacon
1. Using cold water, wash rice and drain thoroughly.
2. Trim bacon rashers and chop.
3. Peel onion and chop finely.
4. Trim and slice the mushrooms; keep aside.
5. In a saucepan, melt 1 ounce (25 grams) of butter.
6. Stir in bacon and... - 39.3359
Risotto Alla Milanese
1. In a medium sized saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer, lower the heat and keep it barely simmering.
2. In a heavy bottomed medium sized pan melt 2 ounce of butter over moderate heat.
3. Add the onions and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring... - 44.3716
Butter Nut Squash Risotto And Herb Crusted Pork
My favorite protein to serve with risotto is extra-lean pork loin. We’re making a very easy pork loin rolled in the intense flavors of fresh sage, oregano and rosemary. It’s quick and easy – and most of all? a great amount of fun to make. - 36.8773
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, steam stir the onions in water till translucent; add brown rice and stir for another minute
2. Add lentils and broth and a small pinch of ground cloves, allow to boil again, turn the heat down and simmer for a little... - 31.5794
1. In a medium bowl, add the risotto gently mix in the egg.
2. Shape the risotto into thin, two inch rounds.
3. Place a heaping mound of grated Fonntina to half of the pancakes.
4. Then place a pancake over the cheese and compress two pancakes... - 107.832
Baked Lamb Risotto
Squeeze lemon over chops; let stand for 10 minutes.
Combine rice, consommé, carrots, onions, and wine in casserole; top with lamb chops.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven; stir rice and add seasonings.
Cover and continue baking 30 ad - 30.9815
Risotto With Pistachio Pesto
1) Pesto : Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Spread the pistachios on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Cool and coarsely chop theroasted nuts, set aside few pistachios for garnish.
4) In a food... - 45.4767
Butter Chicken Liver Risotto
Chicken Liver Risotto is an irresistible recipe that you will surely love to try. A delicious recipe prepared with chicken; I am sure you will enjoy this Chicken Liver Risotto!. - 32.3996
Risotto With Sweet Sausage And Fennel
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the fennel and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until the fennel is tender and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer the fennel to a plate and wipe out the... - 35.8379
Risotto With Carrots And Feta
Bring the stock to a boil in a covered pot.
Ease the carrots into the boiling stock, lower the heat, and very gendy simmer.
In a large saucepan, saute the onions in the oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat, until softened but not browned.
Using a wooden... - 42.5196
Risotto With Green Beans And Pesto
Bring the stock to a boil in a covered pot, then lower the heat to maintain a simmer.
While the stock heats, saute the diced onions in the oil in a large saucepan for about 5 minutes, until softened but not browned.
Using a wooden spoon to avoid breaking the... - 41.0101
Red Cabbage Risotto
1. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
2. Heat the butter in a pan together with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the rice and cook, stirring continuously, until browned. Stir in the onion.
3. Add the stock cube and water, stir until dissolved, then cover and simmer... - 41.3814
1.In a large saucepan, heat oil and cook onions in it for 4-5 minutes by frying.
2.Stir in lemon rind and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3.Stir in rice and one cup (250ml) boiling water.
4.Mix well and let it boil.
Cook further without covering until... - 48.7826
Risotto With Sausage Burgers
1) Risotto : In a pan, saute the raw rice in butter until straw coloured.
2) Pour in the heated, then add the cheese, cayenne, paprika, saffron, salt and the garlic, if used.
3) In the top of a double saucepan, steam the rice for about 30 minutes,... - 45.3277
Chicken Mushroom Risotto
1. In a large, skillet or casserole, melt and heat half the margarine or butter over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, add the chicken and stir fry for about 5 minutes until evenly browned and almost tender.
3. Remove the chicken from... - 49.7792
Chicken Liver Risotto With Mushrooms
1. Peel onion and chop finely.
2. Lengthwise cut the green pepper in halves, deseed and shred.
3. Trim fat and chop the bacon rashers.
4. Wash, trim and slice the mushrooms; keep aside.
5. Trim the chicken livers with scissors; keep... - 48.8404
Brown Rice Risotto Recipes By Category