- » Brinjal
Enjoy our collection of brinjal recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for brinjal recipes.
Try this richly flavored and amazingly delicious Pickled Brinjals. This is the best meal accompaniment to go for, if you're left with no time for an elaborate side dish. Use this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Pickled Brinjals and delight in your meals... - 48.1885
Toovar Lilva Brinjal Upma
In a kadai put oil,when it is hot
Add mustard seeds,allow to splutter.
Then add jeers seeds,urad dal,channa dal,curry leaves,onion,greenchillies.
Fry onion till it turns light pink.
Then add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 3mins.
Now add brinjal and fry... - 47.5555
Take warm water in a mixing bowl.
Sprinkle sugar and yeast over it and keep covered for 10-15 minutes.
Put oil, salt and flour to water, mix with fork for 2-3 minutes and knead to a soft dough with hands.
Cover dough with a wet cloth and keep in a warm place... - 47.405
Vangi Cha Ravaiya
1. In a frying pan dry roast the til.
2. Pound til coarsely.
3. Grind coconut, coriander leaves, chillies and jaggery to a paste.
4. In a skillet heat 2 tblsps oil and put brinjals and fry lightly.
5. Add ground paste and til.
6. Combine together and... - 47.3276
1. Cut brinjal into 2.5 cm. (1") pieces and soak in water.
2. Clean dal and cook in 4 cups of water.
3. When half done, add sliced onions and brinjals.
4. Lightly roast the coconut and cashewnuts separately and remove.
5. Roast red chillies and coriander.
6.... - 45.556
1. In a frying pan dry roast coconut, small onion, corriander seeds, peppercorns and cloves to red colour.
2. Grind the ingredients to a paste.
3. Heat 2 tblsps oil and add minced onions and fry to almond colour.
4. Mix brinjals, salt and turmeric.
5.... - 45.3872
1. Slice1 brinjal into thick roundels and deep fry, keep a side.
2. Cut the other brinjal into cubes
3. Peel cucumber and dice
4. Slice onions and capsicum into juliennes.
5. Finely chop the garlic.
6. Preheat the oven to 170°C
7. In a... - 45.0645
Here is brinjal in a deliciously fried form. Coated with breadcrumbs, this gives it a crisp coating, with the brinjal soft inside...a wonderful combination. Try out this any-time awesome recipe. - 44.1429
1. Slice the brinjals lengthwise and rub over with turmeric and salt.
2. Grind together red chillies, mustard seeds, cinnamon, cumin and coriander.
3. Soak tamarind in salted water.
4. Slice garlic, ginger, green chillies and onion.
5. Heat oil; fry brinjals... - 43.6961
For those who are not really fond of brinjal, here is a recipe that does not make it's presence felt!!! Brinjal Patties are a treat to your palate. Well-flavored with sage and onion, the walnuts add to a crunchy presence. - 43.579
Stuffed Brinjals With Gravy
Slit brinjals into four without breaking them at the stem.
Soak them in salted water for half an hour.
Drain well before use.
Wash, peel and grate onion.
Grind coconut, ginger, chillies, gram and garlic to a fine paste and combine with the rest of the spices,... - 43.2019
Delectable Brinjal Bharta (mashed And Fried Brinjal)
Roast the brinjals over the gas, turning frequently till they are charred all over.
When they are cool enough to handle, remove the charred skin and mash the pulp with a fork.
Mix in the curds and soya or coriander and keep aside.
Heat the oil and add the... - 42.5042
1. Cut brinjal into 1-inch thick round pieces.
2. In a bowl mix all the remaining ingredients.
3. Apply little oil to all pieces. Peirce with a fork to make holes in them.
4. Fill gram flour mixture into it.
5. In a skillet heat 4... - 42.2402
Brinjal And Tomato Baked
Here is a delicious recipe that Try out this Brinjal and Tomato Baked. Lightly flavored with garlic and pepper, this is a great side dish to add to your spread. Ready in minutes, this is a great option for a quick solution. - 41.713
Remove stems and cut 1/3 inch thick slices.
Soak slices in salted water for half an hour.
Drain well before use.
Add, salt, garlic, chilli paste and all the powdered spices.
Add enough salt to flour and fill in paper bag... - 40.9112
Brinjal Bertie Green
Cut eggplant lengthwise into halves; score the cut surfaces with a knife.
Add eggplant to hot olive oil in a large heavy skillet and cook about 15 minutes on each side, or until tender.
Carefully scoop out eggplant, reserving shells.
Chop eggplant finely; set... - 40.7307
The best combination for this gravy is Chicken/Mutton Biriyani. This is one thing that I miss. When we have a get together this will be a sure dish in the menu. - 39.3398
Groovy Brinjal has a Fine taste.The Eggs and Breadcrumbs gives the Groovy Brinjal Astounding taste. Must catch it - 39.2543
1. Hold brinjal over open or gas flame to char till the skin turns black and wrinkled.
2. Run under cold water. Peel and mash the brinjal to a paste.
3. In a frying pan heat 2 tblsps oil. Add onion and chillies and fry till soft.
4. Add salt, brinjals,... - 38.9848
1. Heat Oil in a kadai. Fry Channa dal till golden brown and keep it aside.
2. In same oil temper Mustard seeds, Curry leaves and add Brinjal pieces.
3. Fry for a few mins then add Turmeric Powder, Hing, Salt, Tamarind Water, Rasam Powder, Fried Channa dal ... - 38.6865
Tomato And Brinjal Sandwiches
Sprinkle the tomato slices with salt and set aside. Sprinkle salt, red paprika, powdered cumin, coriander, sugar and black pepper on the brinjal slices. Poke them with the tines of a fork and allow to marinade for 1 hour.
Cover the base of a non-stick frying... - 38.5346
A delicious and simple dish need not take time to make. This Balkan Stew recipe proves exactly that! Everything combined in a pot, allows the natural flavors to mingle, resulting in one great stew, simply prepared! Try this out and keep the rice nice and hot! - 38.3906
Brinjal Vella Khorma
1. Heat oil. Fry ground masala.
2. Add crushed spices end fry well.
3. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add brinjals slit into 4 and continue frying for a further 5-10 minutes. Add salt.
5. Add ground coconut. Cook till brinjals are done.
6. Add... - 38.2632
Brinjals With Cheese And Vegetable Sauce
Peel and halve brinjals lenthwise and boil for 3 minutes.
Place in a greased oven dish and keep warm.
Make sauce and pour over brinjals.
Mix crumbs and grated cheese and sprinkle on top.
Bake at 350Â°F.
for 30 minutes then garnish with chopped... - 38.0873
Spiced Aubergine Salad
1. Preheat the grill. Brush the aubergine slices lightly with some of the oil and cook under a high heat, turning once, until golden and tender. Cut into quarters.
2. Mix together the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and coriander. Season... - 36.8504
1)Make small pieces of the brinjal.
2)Heat oil and deep fry brinjla until half done.
3)Mix together sesame seeds, vinegar and salt in water. Now add in sugar and brinjal.
4)Serve nimono hot or cold. - 35.5851
Heat 1/4cupoil in skillet and saute chopped onion and minced garlic until soft.
Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
Simmer gently covered, for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Peel eggplant and slice in 1/2 in.
Dip in batter and fry in re- maining... - 35.2707
Brinjals In Coconut Milk
Roast brinjal over fire till the skin turns completely black.
Toss in cold water.
When cool, remove peel and mash to a pulp.
Heat 1 tblsp oil and fry ground coconut, onion, ginger and chillies till the mixture starts changing colour Put in brinjal, coconut... - 34.9947
Slice the onions, crush the garlic and fry in oil to a golden brown, adding the cumin seeds when nearly brown.
Mix curd with the other spices and add to the onions.
Cook gently until the mixture is thick paste, then add a little water to cook the... - 34.1624
1. Wash and slice brinjals into thin roundels. Apply turmeric and salt.
2. Make a batter with gram flour, soda bicarbonate, chilli powder and water.
3. Dip slices of brinjal in batter. Deep fry. Drain and serve immediately. - 34.1079
Brinjals Cooked With Raw Tomatoes
Place brinjal pieces in salted water. Wash tomatoes and cut each into four pieces. Place onions with 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Cook over a low fire till onions are pink. Add brinjal pieces, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes along with 1/2 cup water... - 32.9832
Wash and boil brinjal for 10 minutes.
Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat oil and cook mushrooms and finely chopped onion gently for 7 mins.
Add soft breadcrumbs chopped cucumber, horseradish, chilli sauce and... - 32.3247
Bake brinjals until the skin is ready to fall off.
Remove the pulp and mash.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except gelatine) and mix well.
Dissolve the gelatine in a little warm water and lemon juice, and add to the mixture.
Pour into a mould... - 31.9457
Stuffed Brinjal has a Incredible taste.The Potatoes and Cheese gives the Stuffed Brinjal Exhilarating taste. - 31.0911
Curried Brinjals ( 2 )
Peel the brinjals and cut in long slices.
Sprinkle with salt and put aside to drain.
Dry the pieces and fry slowly in butter.
Do the same with the cucumber, green beans, shallots, spring onions and the celery stalks, cooking slowly in butter until soft.
Add... - 31.0385
Baked Brinjal ( Eggplant )
Pare and wash eggplants and cut in half lenthwise.
Cut 4 slashes in the meat of each half, and cook in oil for 5 minutes.
Remove and set aside.
Add oil to pan and brown garlic and onions.
Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 6 mins.
Stir in parsley, and... - 30.8693
Macaroni And Brinjal
Cut the brinjals into thin two inch long pieces and soak them in salted water for fifteen minutes.
Drain and deep fry them, making sure they do not turn too brown.
Put four pieces of brinjals in a greased dish and place the macaroni and tomato over them.
Put... - 30.7513
Brinjal With Spicy Gravy
Cut the eggplants into four, lengthwise, to three-fourths of their total length and soak in salted water. Heat oil in a pan, season with mustard and cumin seeds. Add chopped green chilies, onions and pepper corns. Fry for few minutes. Then add eggplants and... - 29.4274
Vengna Na Bhajiya ( Brinjal Bhajias )
1. Skin the brinjals and slice them. Mix in a thali with salt, lime juice and all the masalas.
2. Heat a fry pan or kadhai with oil.
3. Make a batter with 1 cup water, the gram flour, coriander, salt and soda. Taste for salt. Add more water if required.
4.... - 29.101
Vengna Ne Simla Mirchi Isiu Salnoo ( Brinjal Capsicum Salan )
1. Place the chopped capsicum and brinjal pieces in salted water. Deep fry the brinjals, drain and place in a tray.
2. Cut the onions finely and place in a pan with half a cup of oil. Cook till soft and pink and drain the oil. Add chopped tomatoes, masalas,... - 27.4956
Kaccha Tambota Ma Vengna ( Brinjals Cooked With Raw Tomatoes )
1. Place brinjal pieces in salted water. Wash tomatoes and cut each into four pieces. Place onions with two tablespoons oil in a pan. Cook over a low fire till onions are pink. Add brinjal pieces, cover and cook for two minutes. Add tomatoes alongwith half... - 26.2294
Chopped Brinjal ( Egg Plant )
Pierce eggplant with a fork.
(Otherwise it may "explode").
Bake in oven with pepper until soft, about 1/2 hour.
While this is baking, dice onion and tomato and saute in oil with seasoning until golden.
Peel eggplant and pepper (pepper should be placed... - 26.1391
Brinjals In Tomato Sauce
Peel and thickly slice the brinjals.
Roll in soya flour and fry in oil for 10 minutes.
The flour prevents the brinjal from absorbing too much oil.
Turn to brown on both sides.
Use home-made tomato sauce.
Place it in oven dish with the brinjals, and black... - 26.0827
Brinjal And Tomato Casserole
Peel brinjal, dip in milk then in soya flour, and fry in oil until browned on both sides.
Arrange in layers with the sliced tomatoes in a greased oven dish.
Sprinkle layers with finely chopped onion, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
Sprinkle top with buttered... - 24.8747
Egyptian Brinjals ( Aubergines
Cut unpeeled aubergines into 1/2 inch slices, sprinkle with salt and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
Wash and dry them and fry with the sliced onion in hot oil until tender.
Season with minced garlic, salt and pepper then stir in the yoghurt and sugar.
Heat... - 24.4139
Brinjals With Cheese
Top and tail the brinjals and slice them lengthwise.
Fry until just soft in butter and place in greased casserole in alternate layers with the cheese and seasoning.
Fry the chopped onion in butter and add the tomato sauce.
Slice the potatoes thinly and cover... - 24.1915
Simmer the brinjal in little water then drain.
Combine the brinjal, corn, tomato and seasoning and place mixture in greased casserole dish.
Top with mixed cheese and crumbs and dot with butter.
Bake in moderate oven for 25 minutes. - 22.6917
Grilled Brinjal ( Eggplant )
Wash and cut ends from eggplants, do not peel, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Put the garlic through garlic press, and blend in the other ingredients well.
Paint the eggplant slices with this mixture and place under the grill until brown on both sides and... - 22.0324
Brinjals In Batter
Use young small brinjals before the seeds have turned dark.
Slice them lengthwise thinly, without peeling them.
Salt them and leave to stand for 1 hour.
Squeeze out the water, dip in batter* and fry in very hot oil.
Baby marrows squash may be done the same... - 20.8804
Easy Brinjal Casserole
Wash and pare brinjal, dice and cook in boiling salted water for 5 mins.
Drain and place in casserole.
Fry onion in oil until slightly brown, add the tomato soup mixed with water using half the amount as directed on tin, stir in the cheese and simmer gently... - 20.7786
Brinjal Salad ( Salata Betenjan )
Take 2 or 3 large brinjals, roast well in jackets and allow to cool.
Cut in half and scoop vegetable into a dish.
Mash the brinjal, adding one medium minced onion, two cloves of minced garlic, two tablespoons lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper and mix... - 15.6765
Brinjal Recipes By Category