- » Bread Sauce
Bread Sauce Recipes
Bread sauce is a traditional British sauce that has been thickened using bread. Bread sauce can be served either cold or warm depending on the requirement and individual preferences. It is always a savory sauce that ... More »
Onion Cloute Flavored Bread Sauce
Looking for an interesting yet easy to make sauce for enhancing the taste of your savory delicacies? Well, this bread sauce is easy to make and is unique in its own right. Flavored with onion cloute, thickened with breadcrumbs and made creamier with butter,... - 126.281
Almond And Bread Sauce
1. In a pan, put milk, peppercorns, onion and garlic.
2. Cook and bring it to the boil.
3. Once done, let it cool for 30 mins.
4. Strain the mix and take out the peppercorns.
5. Pour the onion, milk and garlic mix back to the pan.
6. Add almonds to it... - 46.6751
Homemade Bread Sauce
1. In a saucepan add onions, milk, butter and sesonings.
2. Simmer, covered, till onions are soft and mushy. It should take about 45 minutes or so
3. Pick out the cloves from the mixture and discard them
4. Remove the onions, mince them if you like,... - 46.0183
Microwave Bread Sauce
1) In a deep, microwavable dish, add in the onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves and milk.
2) Cook the mixture for 3 minutes till the milk boils.
3) Cover the dish and let it for 1 minute.
4) Strain the mixture and transfer back into the same dish.
5)... - 44.621
1) Peel onion and keep aside.
2) Stick cloves into the onion.
3) In a pan put onion, bay leaf, and milk. Bring to boil.
4) Take off the pan from heat, cover, and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
5) Mix breadcrumbs and the butter.
6) Cook... - 44.4783
Authentic Bread Sauce
1) Peel the onion leaving it whole.
2) In a saucepan, place the milk.
3) Add the onion and the bay leaf or mace to the milk.
4) Bring almost to the boil, then draw off the heat, cover and allow to infuse for about 30 minutes.
5) Remove... - 43.9996
Original Bread Sauce
1.Heat the frypan and add butter in it.
2. Add onions in the pan and saute till transparent.
3. Put salt, pepper,cloves and milk in the pan.
4. Stir the ingredients well.
5. Put the breadcrumbs and keep stirring.
6. Cook till the sauce... - 43.3125
Bread Sauce For Turkey
1) Pierce the cloves, if using, into the peeled onion.
2) In a pot, add in the milk, onion, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and margarine or butter.
3) Let the milk come to a boil.
4) Take the pot off the flame. Keep warm so that the milk absorbs all the... - 43.2649
I made this Bread Sauce and served it with some roast meat last weekend when I had some guests at home! The meat was addictive because of this sauce! Try this wonderful and easy to make Bread Sauce recipe for yourself! - 42.9926
This Bread Sauce recipe is a variation to the traditional British Bread Sauce. This Bread Sauce recipe uses whole wheat, spring onions, vegetable stock, vinegar and thyme. - 42.9454
Everyday Bread Sauce
1.Peel the onions.
2.w.Arrange the cloves by pressing on the onion.
3.Put onion with cloves, milk, butter and seasoning in the saucepan and simmer for 1 hour.
4.Once done, take out the onion and blend the sauce well.
5.Add... - 42.6209
1. Start by infusing the milk
2. In a saucepan, put the first 6 ingredeints, boil it and take the pan away from the heat, cover the pan and sae aside for 15 minutes
3. Pour the milk in a strainer and strain it, againpour the milk in the... - 41.0441
Microwave Cooked Bread Sauce
1) In a dish, combine onion, milk, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaf.
2) Cook the contents for about 3 minutes, till the milk boils.
3) Cover the dish and keep it aside for about 1 minute.
4) Strain the mixture and pour the milk back into the container... - 40.3685
Bread Sauce has a wonderful taste. The bread crumbs and bay leaf gives the Bread Sauce a cool taste. Bread Sauce is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must catch it. - 40.14
1) In a small glass bowl, pour milk.
2) Now add onions and cloves.
3) Allow to boil on high heat in the microwave.
4) Reduce heat to "simmer" setting and continue cook for 2 more minutes.
5) Take out the cloves from the mixture.
6) Add required salt... - 39.8539
1. Using a knife, skin the onion and slice very thinly.
2. Take a small saucepan, add in milk, sliced onion, mace, and clove.
3. Let the milk come to a boil; remove from heat. Put a lid on the pan and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4.... - 39.0041
1. Simmer onion stuck with clove and mace in milk for half an hour.
2. Put breadcrumbs, margarine and seasoning into a bowl.
3. Strain flavoured milk over the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Stand in a warm place to thicken.
5. Reheat and beat well. One tbsp. of cream... - 37.5123
Classic Bread Sauce
1. In a pan, add the onion, peppercorns, mace, bay leaf, milk and butter. Slowly let it come to a boil.
2. Cover pan with lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Through a sieve, strain the milk into a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. TO STORE... - 37.4512
Spiced Bread Sauce
Place milk, onion, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace in a pan.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
Remove from heat, cool.
Strain, return to a clean pan and stir in breadcrumbs, fat and seasoning.
Cook over a low heat for 15 mins, stirring... - 36.0674
Milky Bread Sauce
Put the onion, bay leaf, mace blade, peppercorns and milk in a saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes) Strain the milk and return it to the pan.
Increase the heat and bring the milk to a boil.
Stir in the bread crumbs and simmer dver low heat until the sauce... - 35.094
1. Into the blender container, pour hot water and let stand for 1-2 minutes to warm up; drain water.
2. Into the warm blender container, put together hot milk, butter or margarine and salt; blend until ingredients are well combined.
3.... - 34.7435
Pepper Flavored Bread Sauce
Peel the onion and stick the cloves into it, then put into a saucepan with the milk, mace, bay leaf and peppercorns.
Bring to the boil and then draw aside and let it infuse for about 30 minutes.
Strain the milk and then add the breadcrumbs.
Stir gently to let... - 34.5994
1.Make sure the crumbs are entirely white
2.In a strainer, sift them through a coarse sieve
3.Place the ones that pass through in the milk, add the onion and place in a stew pan on the fire to cook
4.Now Cook for 12 minutes, remove the onion and add... - 34.4172
Buttery Shallot Bread Sauce
1. Heat the butter and oil in a pan, then add the shallots, cloves, thyme and bay and cook very, very gently for 15 mins until soft, translucent and pale golden.
2. Remove the cloves, add the milk and pepper, then bring to a gentle simmer for 10 mins. Stir in... - 33.2268
Try this delicious version of Bread Sauce. An easy to prepare recipe, this Bread Sauce is a dish that you would love to talk about with us! - 32.1439
Peel the onion and stud with the cloves.
Place the milk in a saucepan with the onion.
Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Remove the crusts and make the bread into breadcrumbs, using the double-bladed chopping knife.
Remove the onion from the... - 31.9749
Stick the cloves into the onion and put it in a saucepan with the milk, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf. Bring almost to boiling point, then remove from the heat and leave in a warm place for about 20 minutes to infuse.
Remove the peppercorns and bay leaf. Add... - 31.093
Warm blender container by filling with hot water and letting stand a minute or two; empty water.
Put hot milk, butter or margarine, and salt in blender container; blend till ingredients are mixed.
With blender running, break bread into pieces and add to... - 30.9234
Put all the ingredients into a pan, bring to the boil then leave to infuse over a pan of hot water.
Heat, stirring well, just before the meal and remove the onion. - 29.9743
Combine crumbs, milk, and shallots in saucepan and simmer 15 minutes.
Take out and discard shallots.
Season sauce with salt, pepper, and cloves, and reheat.
Add butter and serve as soon as butter melts. - 29.2285
1. Stick the cloves into the onion and place it in a medium ovenproof glass bowl together with the peppercorns and mace. Pour in the milk. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
2. Remove the milk from the oven, cover and leave to... - 27.5852
Creamy Bread Sauce
Put the milk, butter, breadcrumbs and onion in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
Heat slowly until the sauce has thickened.
Remove the onion and cloves and stir well before serving. - 27.3763
Quick Bread Sauce
Heat milk and butter together until butter melts.
Put bread, broken into pieces, into Osterizer container, add hot milk and seasonings, cover and process at MIX until thick. - 21.9894
Melt butter, let brown slightly, toss in crumbs and brown quickly, season and add sieved eggs.
Pour while white-hot over vegetables.
Grand over lobster.
Minced parsley or shallots give extra flavor. - 20.8878
Bread Sauce Recipes By Category