- » Braised Duck
Braised Duck Recipes
Braised duck, also commonly called braised duck legs (as legs are most commonly braised part of a duck) is a duck-meat based dish prepared through the method of braising. Braising, or pot roasting, is a popular ... More »
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350° F.
2. Cut vegetables thickly.
3. Chop the bacon roughly.
4. In a large saucepan heat fat.
5. Stir fry vegetables and bacon in it until lightly brown.
6. Mix grates orange rind, bayleaf, winter savory... - 45.6757
Braised Orange Duck
1) With afork, prick the duck portions from all over.
2) In the cooker, heat the butter.
3) Place the duck in hot butter and brown on both sides.
4) Add the onion and cook until transparent.
5) Take out the duck and onion and drain... - 45.3932
1. With fork prick breast of bird all over and rub skin with salt and pepper.
2. Put an onion inside bird with a few pieces of orange and lemon zest (thin outer skin of fruit).
3. In a pan heat oil, brown duck all over for 6-8 minutes... - 45.2907
Braised Wild Duck
1. Preheat the oven to 325 °.
To prepare the ducks :
2. Wash them briefly under cold running water and pat them completely dry inside and out with paper towels.
3. With a sharp heavy knife cut off the wing tips and discard them.
4. In a cup... - 44.2972
1. Divide the duck into quarters and blot dry with paper towel.
2. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil until almost smoking and shallow fry the duck in two lots, skin side down.
3. Lower the heat and continue to fry slowly until the skin is browned... - 43.7309
1. In a skillet heat the fat, add the duck and brown on all sides. Transfer the pieces to a deep pan and drain off all but three tablespoons of the fat.
2. Add the mushrooms to the reserved fat and cook five minutes. Add the flour and blend. Stir in the water... - 39.2537
Prepare duck as for roasting and saute in bacon fat until brown.
Add onion, carrot, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper and cover with water.
Simmer until the duck is tender, then remove from stock.
Saute turnip in fat until brown, then drain and cook in stock... - 38.0462
Braised Duck With Chutney Sauce
1 Dredge the duck in the flour, shaking off any excess.
In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
Add the duckand cookfor 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Turn and repeat on the other side.
Transfer the duck to a platter and set... - 37.828
Truss the duck, wrap it up in the sliced fat green bacon, and brown all over in butter or fat.
Then add finely diced carrot, the whole onions, the bunch of mixed herbs and some pepper.
Add enough stock to come to just about halfway up the bird.
Simmer it over... - 30.0708
Braised Duck Recipes By Category