- » Bouillabaisse
Bouillabaisse is a typical fish stew or soup from the Provencal port of Marseilles. The term has been derived from the Occitan word ‘bolhabaissa’ of Provence which is a compound of two distinct words ... More »
Brasserie Du Vin Bouillabaisse
1. Clean and wash the seafood well.
2. Heat a medium sauce pan and pour the olive oil.
3. Drop the butter and let it melt.
4. Add the garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
5. Throw in the clams and the mussels.
6. Pour in the white... - 107.791
Outdoor Cast Iron American Style French Fish Soup
Seafood need not be limited to just appetizing dishes and they can be good for soups as well. Here is an outdoor recipe on how to make American version of bouillabaisse or French Fish Soup using a variety of fish and shellfish found in Humboldt Bay and the... - 99.9536
1. In a pan, melt the butter.
2. Add shallots and stir.
3. Next, add brown sugar and tomatoes.
4. Next, add the calmari, shrimp,
5. Add brown sugar.
6. Add tomatoes and mix.
7. Add fennel seeds and white wine and mix.
8. Add a pinch of salt and white... - 99.2431
Grilled Bass Fish With Bouillabaisse
Sit down to a tasty and healthy meal of white fish with Bouillabaisse. This dish creates flavour and excitement with simple cooking and just a few authentic ingredients. So quick, easy and tasty, these Fish soup will go down a treat as an easy lunch or... - 88.5013
Delight in this truly exotic dish of Bouillabaisse - a unique and delicious blend of fish, oysters and shrimp in fish stock and garnished with garlic cloves and pepper! Amazing enough to make your tongue go rolling! - 50.8384
Microwave Herbed Bouillabaisse
This bouillabaise recipe is prepared with fish and seafood like prawns, scallops, mussels and crabs. Cooked in the microwave in fish stok with tomato paste, turmeric and lemon juice, garlic and onions for flavor, the boillabase can be served with soft sinner... - 49.3278
Cracked Pepper Toast Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic and saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes (with their juices), bay leaves, fennel seeds, cayenne,... - 48.1664
The bouillabasse is a special recipe made with sea fish and flavored with saffron. A delcicately flavored and wonderfully balanced reciep, the boillabase has saffron as a hallmark ingredient and is cooked with vegetables like tomatoes and onions and flavored... - 47.5993
Classic French Bouillabaisse
1. Cut the lobsters lengthwise and de-vein them.
2. Divide it into pieces without removing the shell.
3. Cut the mackerel, perch and the eel into 1 inch sized pieces.
4. Clean the mussels and clams by dusting the sand from them.
5. Take a... - 47.4722
1. If frozen fish is being used, thaw fish and cut fish fillets into 2-inch pieces.
2. When lobster is partially thawed, cut crosswise and split tails in half lengthwise.
3. Cut large scallops in half.
4. Wash clams well in water.
5. Set aside... - 47.4362
Cape Cod Bouillabaisse
Clean fish; cut into 1-inch slices.
Remove heads from lobsters, remove nonedible sacs located behind heads.
Split tails; remove intestinal veins.
Cut lob- sters in shells into 1-inch pieces.
Place leeks, onions, carrot and tomatoes into large kettle; add... - 47.3613
1. In a Dutch oven combine together un-drained stewed tomatoes, condensed tomato soup, condensed chicken gumbo soup, water, sweet potato, celery, green onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bottled hot pepper sauce, and bay leaf; bring the... - 47.1568
Bouillabaisse is a mixed fish stew made along with vegetables. European in origin, this bouillabaisse recipe has added seafood to it and is herbed with thyme and parsley. Coloured with a hint of saffron, which is the hallmark of bouillabase, this fish stew... - 47.1474
Fifteen Minute Bouillabaisse
The Fifteen Minute Bouillabaisse is a tasty fish stew that can prepared in a jiffy. It is perfect for your weekday dinners when you have to cook up delicious food in minutes!! Try this Fifteen Minute Bouillabaisse recipe! - 47.1224
Clean clams and snrimp; cut lobster-tail into large pieces.
Thaw flounder and haddock fillets; cut into bite-sized pieces.
Cook onions and leeks in oil in saucepan until onions are tender; stir in wine, salt, pepper, saffron, garlic and tomatoes.
Simmer for... - 47.1026
1) In a pot, heat oil and sautÃ© the carrots, celery, onions and fennel for 5 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, garlic, and saffron, sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
3) Add the stock, bay leaves, fennel seed and oregano.
4) Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for... - 46.5856
Thaw frozen shellfish and fish.
When lobster is partially thawed, split in half lengthwise; cut in half crosswise if necessary to make 6 to 8 portions.
Cut fish fillets into 2-inch pieces.
Cut large scallops in half.
Wash clams well.
In large saucepan cook... - 46.4632
1) Cut all the fish in 2 inch pieces.
2) In a large non-stick pan, put the leeks, onion and garlic.
3) SautÃ©, cover and cook the leek mixture for 10 minute.
4) Remove the lid and increase the heat to brown the onion.
5) Stir in the... - 46.3427
Terrine De Bouillabaisse Christian
Trim the fish, taking care that the monkfish has no sign of any membrane or discoloured flesh.
Cut the monkfish and cod into 5 cm/2 inch-long pieces.
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the fish, celery, onion, fennel, bouquet garni, orange rind, garlic and... - 46.2013
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease the romertorpf with butter.
2) In a skillet, heat oil. Add in the chopped onions and crushed garlic.
3) Tear the fish into uneven pieces and drop into the skillet. Saute for a few minutes till the fish... - 46.1638
This Carmel Bouillabaisse recipe is an easy-to-prepare side dish. An amazingly delicious non-vegetarian recipe, Carmel Bouillabaisse is a side dish that you would surely love to talk about with us! - 45.9809
1) Peel the carrot and cut into small cubes.
2) Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes.
3) Chop the lobster tails into large pieces.
4) Cut the fish into pieces of 2-inches each.
5) In a large saucepan or kettle, put all the ingredients except... - 45.9377
In 5-quart casserole place broth, water, onions and celery; MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES on HIGH.
Add clams, fish, shrimp, crab, wine, parsley, seasoned salt, basil, thyme and bay leaves.
MICROWAVE 12 to 15 MINUTES on HIGH, or until mixture... - 45.7049
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) Take a 3 qt. glass casserole and combine onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and oil in it.
3) Microwave (high) 3-4 minutes, stirring once.
4) Add soup, water, seafood (any combination you like), lemon... - 45.6717
Blend together garlic, allspice, salt, pepper and crushed cloves.
Rub fish well with this.
Wrap tightly in plastic bag and refrigerate 2 hours.
Melt butter with oil in 7-quart kettle and saute chopped onion and garlic until just clear.
Put into a... - 45.6161
1.Place the red snapper and red fish, and use in equal amounts
2.In a pan, place the butter, and saute the onions, garlic and flour
3.Now add tomato, 2 cups of water, 4 cloves, bay leaves, curry powder and Tabasco sauce to the pan, and simmer for 30... - 45.4734
Kitchen Shelf Bouillabaisse
1. Drain the crabmeat, reserving liquid for later use.
2. Break meat into chunks and discard any cartilage.
3. In a saucepan mix together the crab, reserved crab liquid, un-drained tomatoes, clam juice, tuna, white wine, dried onion,... - 45.4646
1. Cut fish into bite-sized pieces
2. Shell shrimp, lobster or crab if desired
3. Scrub clams, mussels, oysters or lobster claws well
4. Heat oil, saute onions, shallots and garlic about 10 minutes
5. Add liquid, tomatoes and seasonings,... - 45.2597
Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
Add the onions, garlic, leeks and fennel and cook gently for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, but not coloured, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the tomatoes, fennel seeds, tomato puree, parsley stalks, thyme and... - 45.1416
1. In a large saute pan heat the oil or butter and fry the onions, tomatoes, garlic and tomato paste.
2. Stir and allow to make a sauce.
3. Put in the celery, peppers, seasoning and beer or wine and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Put in... - 45.0336
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 4-quart casserole dish, combine onion, oil and garlic; heat, covered, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add clams, tomatoes, clam juice, bay leaves, salt, pepper, thyme and saffron; heat, covered, 5 minutes at HIGH.
Set Power Select at... - 44.8609
1) Take a large casserole and mix the garlic, onion and oil in it.
2) Remove lid and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix evenly.
4) Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the seafood is cooked, stirring once in a while.
5)... - 44.8167
1. In an 8-quart kettle heat olive oil.
2. Add chopped onion and the garlic and saute until the onion is tender for about 5 minutes.
3. Add clam juice, tomatoes with their liquid, 3/4 cup water, the orange peel, salt, saffron, fennel seed, thyme,... - 44.4416
Combine onions, leeks, and garlic.
Cook, covered, over very low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add a little stock if necessary to prevent scorching.
Add remaining ingredients, except shellfish and fish.
Mix well; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer,... - 44.3151
Shrimp And Crab Bouillabaisse
Peel and devein shrimp.
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Drain well, and set aside.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add tomato and... - 44.1785
1. Soak the clams in a bowl of water for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
2. Rinse all the seafood under water, except the fillets.
3. In a 5–quart casserole, mix the clams, crabs, shrimp and fillets.
4. Add the other ingredients... - 44.1779
Bouillabaisse is a tradition fish soup. Bouillabaisse gets its taste from fish mixed with tomatoes and flavored with sherry. Bouillabaisse is inspired by many restaurants worldwide. - 44.1191
Skin eel first.
Cut skin around head of eel.
With a sharp knife, cut under skin slowly to loosen a small flap.
Hold head in one hand and grasp skin with the other hand or use a pair of pliers.
Strip the skin off as you would a glove, in one motion.
Cut off... - 44.0243
Put the tomatoes, onions and garlic into a large, heavy-bottomed pan with the oil.
Add the herbs and the saffron and season well.
Put the firmer fish (porgy and conger eel) on top and cover with boiling water.
Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Then add the... - 43.9583
Thaw fish, if frozen.
Cut fish into 6 or 8 portions.
Pat dry on paper toweling.
In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, cook onion in oil at HIGH for 2 minutes or till tender, stirring once.
Stir in tomatoes, lemon slices, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, bouillon... - 43.8849
This Bouillabaisse tastes incredible ! If you want to slurp one of the best assorted fish soups make this right away ! You'll surely like this Bouillabaisse ! Feel free to share your thoughts on this magnificent fish soup with me. - 43.8675
In 5-qt casserole combine onion, celery and olive oil; cover.
Microwave at High 6 to 9 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 3 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients except fish and seafood; cover.
Microwave at High 25 to 30 minutes, or... - 43.8129
Thaw shellfish and fish, if frozen.
When lobster is partially thawed, split tails in half lengthwise; cut crosswise to make 6 to 8 portions.
Cut fish fillets into 2-inch pieces.
Cut large scallops in half.
Wash clams well.
Cover clams with salted water 1/3... - 43.4357
Prepare Soup Croutons; set aside.
Begin Rouille preparation.
Heat oil in a large heavy kettle.
Add onions, leeks and garlic; over medium heat, saute about 5 minutes.
Add stock, wine, tomatoes, fennel seeds, parsley, thyme, bay leaf and saffron.
Bring to a... - 43.2254
Quick Mock Bouillabaisse
1) In a saucepan, add olive oil to heat.
2) Add onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme to sautÃ© until tender.
3) Stir in soup, water, seafood combination as per your choice, lemon juice, and "Tabasco" sauce.
4) Combine thoroughly and bring the mixture... - 43.2194
Ask the fishmonger to fillet and skin the mackerel, plaice, whiting and rock salmon but keep the skin and bones for stock.
Prepare the crab, if used, and the lobster or crawfish tail.
Shell the prawns but keep the mussels in their shells.
Put the skin, bones... - 43.0231
In a 3-quart casserole micro-cook fish, if frozen, and lobster, uncovered, on 30% power (MEDIUM-LOW) 4 minutes.
Add shrimp, if frozen.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 30% power (MEDIUM-LOW) 11 to 14 minutes or till nearly thawed, separating and rearranging pieces... - 43.013
Thaw frozen shellfish and fish.
When lobster is partially thawed, halve lengthwise; halve crosswise to make 8 portions.
Cut fish fillets into 2-inch pieces.
Cut large scallops in half, Wash clams well.
In Dutch oven cook onions in hot olive or cooking oil... - 42.8629
1) In a hot skillet, melt butter and add carrot, onion, and garlic to cook until golden brown.
2) Discard the garlic.
3) Put fish, tomatoes, bay leaf and stock.
4) Place over medium heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Add remaining ingredients except... - 42.4181
In a long stockpot, saute in the olive oil the yellow onions, leeks, tomatoes, and garlic for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
Add the water, fish heads and bones, parsley head, bay leaves, thyme, fennel, saffron, orange peel, salt, pepper, Tabasco if... - 42.1617
Partially thaw lobster and fish, (if frozen).
Split lobster tail in half lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise to make 4 portions.
Cut fish fillets into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
Thoroughly wash clams and cover with salted water [45 mL (3 tablespoons) salt to... - 42.0748
Bouillabaisse With Thai Chili
Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact discard heads, reserve shells.
Cover prawns; refrigerate until required.
Make fish stock; keep hot.
Cut squid into 1cm rings; cut fish into 4cm pieces.
Add seafood to stock; do not boil, simmer, covered,... - 42.0707
Put vegetables, herbs and orange peel in large kettle.
Arrange selected cleaned crustaceans over vegetables and top with firm fish of choice.
Pour olive oil over and sprinkle with salt, pepper and saffron.
Add liquid, cover and bring to fast boil; quick... - 42.0674
Thaw frozen fish.
Cut fish into six portions.
Pat dry on paper toweling Mix parsley, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and allspice.
Stir in 1 teaspoon oil .
Spread mixture over top of each fillet; set aside.
In large skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil till tender... - 42.0669
I had a fascination for this French classic Bouillabaisse recipe from when I was small. Make the best use of the marine life that is available at your place with this Bouillabaisse recipe. - 41.9608
Saute onion and garlic in butter in a large Dutch oven until tender.
Add flour, stirring until smooth.
Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Gradually stir in water.
Add tomato, tomato sauce, sherry, and seasonings.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer,... - 41.8302
Remove the heads, bones and skin from the fish; put these in a pan and cover with water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Strain and reserve the stock.
Cut the fish into pieces.
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and leeks and fry until... - 41.8288
Sandbridge Beach Bouillabaisse
1) In a large saucepan, heat bacon dripping and saute onions and celery until soft.
2) Stir in tomatoes and parsley to the bacon mixture,
3) Season with garlic salt, basil, Worcestershire sauce, monosodium glutamate, salt and pepper.
4) Stream in 4... - 41.68
Cut fish into 2 inch pieces.
Remove meat from crayfish, cut into chunks.
Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add carrots, onions, garlic and leeks, saute until golden brown.
Chop tomatoes and add to pan with the bouquet... - 41.6789
Bluegills Bouillabaisse A La Jack Frost
In 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add onions, peppers and garlic.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring constantly.
Stir in tomatoes, port wine, bay leaf, sugar, salt, saffron and... - 41.5859
In 4-quart casserole dish, combine onion, oil and garlic.
Heat, covered with glass lid, at high2 to 3 minutes.
Add clams, tomatoes, clam juice, bay leaves, salt, pepper, thyme and saffron; heat, covered at high 5 minutes and at medium 15 to 20 minutes, or... - 41.5005
Bouillabaisse Style Seafood
In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add onion; saute until softened.
Add garlic, basil, pepper, marjoram, salt, lemon juice, saffron, tomato sauce and broth or bouillon.
Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat 10 minutes.
If large, cut scallops into 1/2-inch... - 41.2674
Bouillabaisse With Green Olives
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
Add the leeks and onions and cook over medium heat, covered, until the vege tables are tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomato puree, tomatoes, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, wine,... - 41.2454
Start bouillabaisse about 1/2 hour before serving; cooking time will depend on size and thickness of fish pieces.
Use large kettle.
In it place lobster, fish fillets (cut in pieces), tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings.
Pour in olive oil, wine and... - 41.0503
Allow fresh shrimp to stand in boiling water to cover 3 min.
Remove shells and black vein running down back.
Order lobster cleaned and split, with claws cracked and removed from body.
Steam clams for 2 min.; then remove from shells, reserving the... - 40.9392
Thaw clams or mussels and lobster, if frozen.
Wash clams or mussels well.
If necessary, debarred mussels.
Combine 8 cups water and 3 tablespoons salt Add clams or mussels; let soak for 15 minutes, then drain and rinse.
Discard the water.
Repeat soaking,... - 40.854
Uncle Victor's Bouillabaisse
Boil shrimp and 4 cloves in 1 1/2 quarts water and 1 level tea spoon salt for 6 minutes.
Remove shrimp with straining spoon leaving water in pot to be used later for fish.
Remove shells from shrimp and slit in half lengthwise.
Cut mushrooms in V4-inch slices... - 40.814
Neptune's Bounty Bouillabaisse
Warm the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the fennel, onions, and garlic.
Cook, stirring often, for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the fennel is soft and tender.
Add the tomatoes, clam juice, water, coconut milk, saffron, and potatoes.
Cook for 15... - 40.7514
Bouillabaisse A L'americaine
About 45 minutes before serving:
1. In each of 2 8-quart kettles heat 3/4 cup oil. To each add half of onions, peppers, and carrots; brown lightly.
2. Then in one kettle arrange clams; top with whole fish, each cut in half; in second kettle arrange shrimp,... - 40.4955
Slow Cooked Bouillabaisse
In large slow-cooking pot, combine carrot, onion, garlic, tomatoes, water, bay leaves, bouillon, parsley, thyme, salt, lemon juice, and saffron.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Strain; return broth to pot.
Turn control to high.
Add shrimp, fish... - 40.3761
Fisherman S Bouillabaisse
In large saucepan or stockpot, heat oil and cook garlic over medium heat until golden.
Add water, wine, onion recipe soup mix, parsley and thyme; blend thoroughly.
Stir in tomatoes.
Bring to a boil, then simmer covered 15 minutes.
Add lobster and snapper and... - 40.3656
1. Rinse the seafood and leave to drain.
2. In a large casserole, combine all the seafood, other ingredients and add water, enough to cover the ingredients.
3. Cover dish with lid or cling film and microwave on HIGH (9) for 25 minutes.... - 39.7962
Remove skin and any bones from fillets; cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Cook onion, celery, and garlic in butter until tender.
Add remaining ingredients except cheese and bread.
Bring to boiling point and simmer for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese over bread;... - 39.4452
Saute onions and garlic in margarine.
Stir in flour.
Add tomato paste, water, 4 cloves, bay leaves, curry, 1/4 cup sherry and tabasco sauce.
Simmer 30 minutes, then add salt, fish, remaining cloves and sherry to boiling liquid.
Simmer 15 minutes.
Add... - 39.0473
In 4-quart casserole, combine onion, oil and garlic.
Cook, covered with lid, at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes.
Add clams, tomatoes, clam juice, bay leaves, salt, pepper, thyme and saffron.
Cook, covered at HIGH 5 minutes and at MEDIUM 15 to 20 minutes, or until clams... - 38.5158
Scrub oysters, clams and mussels .
In a deep heavy Dutch oven, stockpot or old-fashioned braising kettle, brown onions in butter until golden.
Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer 5 or 6 minutes to extract flavors.
Discard lemon slices.
Pile in the... - 38.4232
Bouillabaisse For One
In small saucepan cook onion and garlic 2 minutes.
Add parsley and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer.
Add remaining ingredients, except fish.
Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
Add fish, simmer about 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily at touch of a fork.
Serve in... - 38.2853
1) In a 4-quart or a larger slow cooker, add the carrot, onion, garlic, tomatoes, water, bay leaves, broth, parsley, thyme, salt, lemon juice, and saffron or turmeric. ; cook covered on LOW for about 6-8 hrs.
2) Strain the mixture, return the broth... - 38.2072
1. In a large kettle heat the oil, add the onions and cook until transparent.
2. Add the green peppers and potatoes and cook several minutes. Add the salt, garlic, bay leaf, tomato paste and boiling water. Cover and simmer twenty minutes.
3. Add the fish... - 38.013
Heat the oil or butter in a large saucepan, then fry the sliced onion, crushed garlic and sliced tomatoes until soft.
Add all the other ingredients except lobster or prawns, wine and chopped parsley.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Take out the bay leaf and add the... - 37.7138
1. With stiff brush, scrub mussels under running cold water to remove any sand; remove beards. In 8-quart Dutch oven over high heat, heat clam juice to boiling. Add mussels; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook about 5 minutes, until... - 37.5732
In a stockpot, saute" onion and garlic in olive oil until golden.
Add tomatoes, flounder, crab meat, clams, shrimp, bouillon granules and bay leaf.
Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Add pimiento, Tabasco sauce, parsley, thyme, saffron and wine.
Turn heat to low,... - 37.4478
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Cover and chill.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
Add sliced fennel, onion, thyme, and 2 garlic cloves, and saute until tender.
Add water and the next 6 ingredients to... - 37.447
White Wine Bouillabaisse
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, wine, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf, saffron and fennel seeds; stir to combine. Bring to a boil,... - 36.8445
Place onion, garlic and olive oil in a 2 qt.glass casserole dish.
Cover and microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients except bread.
Cover and microwave 7 to 10 minutes or until piping hot.
Let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
Ladle over... - 36.5296
1. In a large kettle heat the oil, add the celery, onion, garlic, leek, thyme and bay leaf and cook five minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, fennel, saffron, salt, pepper and parsley and simmer fifteen minutes.
3. Add the seafood and cook fifteen... - 36.4424
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions, leeks,carrots, and garlic. Cook slowly until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
2. Add the fish, which should be boneless and cut into chunks. Add the peeled, chopped tomatoes (or canned... - 36.401
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onions and cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes, or until the onions are transparent but not brown. Add the mackerel, whiting and haddock or cod and cook, uncovered, over a moderate heat for 10 minutes.
Stir... - 36.069
1. Remove bones and skin from fish fillets and cut into 2 cm/3/4 in cubes. Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Scrub and remove beards from mussels. Cut crab into quarters. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic,... - 35.9848
1. Wash and clean seafood.
2. Heat oil for 1 minute on high. Stir in onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes on high.
3. Stir in fish stock, tomatoes, white wine and tomato paste. Cook for 8 minutes on high, stirring halfway through cooking.
4. Place mussels... - 35.9677
Whaling Station Bouillabaisse
Using a large soup kettle, saute onion and leek in oil until limp.
Add garlic, wine, stock, celery leaves, and salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Add clams, shrimp, and fish and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until fish is cooked through.
Ladle... - 35.9535
First cut off the head of the Red Snapper and boil it in about one and a half quarts of water, so as to make a fishstock.
Put one sliced onion and an herb bouquet consisting of thyme, bay leaf and parsley, into the water.
When reduced to one pint, take out... - 35.8264
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add onions, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onions are soft.
2. Add prawns and cook for 1 minute. Add mussels, scallops, soup and stock and bring to simmering.
3. Stir in squid... - 35.7005
Bouillabaisse has a defining taste. The Worcestershire sauce with lime gives the Bouillabaisse a mouth wattering taste. - 35.2898
Fry bacon and drain; place in large pot.
Add onions, mushrooms, whole tomatoes (mashed), chablis and fish, which has been cut into bite-size pieces.
Simmer 1 1/4 hours.
Thirty minutes before serving, add stewed tomatoes, shellfish, salt, pepper, and... - 35.0919
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onions, fennel and garlic and stir over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until onions are soft. Stir in stock, tomato puree, tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves and turmeric, and bring to simmering.
2. Add fish, prawns, crabs and... - 34.9354
1. Melt butter with olive oil in a large pot. Saute onion, celery, and garlic until vegetables are tender.
2. Stir fish stock or clam juice, stock, tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, herbs, and seasonings. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Add fish and cook for... - 34.923
1. Combine onions, parsley, bay leaves, garlic, tomatoes, wine, clam juice, water, basil, thyme in 6-quart Low Pressure Cooker/Fryer; season with salt, pepper to taste; clamp on cover; bring up pressure on setting #9 (high heat); reduce to setting #2 (low... - 34.7674
In large kettle, cook and stir onion, carrot, and garlic in oil until onion is tender, about 10 min.
Add fish fillets, lobster, tomatoes, bay leaves, and water.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer gently 15 min.
Add remaining ingredients; simmer... - 34.4546
Quick Mock Bouillabaisse
In saucepan, cook onion with garlic and thyme in olive oil until tender.
Add soup, water, seafood, bay leaf, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce.
Heat; stir occasionally. - 34.1176
Bouillabaisse Recipes By Category