- » Borscht
Borscht is a soup believed to be of Ukrainian origin . It is also spelled as borsch, borsh, bortsch, borshch, barszcz and borstch in different regions of Central and Eastern Europe. The soup is reddish in color due ... More »
Served hot in the winter or cold in the summer this soup is delicious. - 122.2
Want a great refreshing soup? Watch this wonderful video that shows how this amazing heath soup can be made within no time. If you like beets, then do see this video and enjoy and good health! - 114.768
The Ukranian Borsch, a traditional central eueopean dish is simply a tasty soup. This reddish soup is visually appealing and a perfect addition to your dinner spread! Serve the Ukranian Borsch for your next party and see how your guests fall in love with it! - 48.251
1) In a deep pan, cook the consomme, bouillon, 1 cup of water and cabbage leaf for about 20 minutes. You can cook until the cabbage leaf gives a special flavor.
2) Now, discard cabbage leaf and add vinegar, beet juice drained from beets, half of the... - 48.1357
1. In a Dutch oven combine together and boil browned beef stock or vegetable stock, beets, carrots, onion, bay leaf, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
3. Stir in cabbage and un-drained tomatoes.
4.... - 47.5119
1) In a soup pot, bring a mixture of water and tomato juice to a boil.
2) Stir in vegetables and simmer, covered for 30 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
3) In a blender or food processor, puree 2 cups of soup taken from the pot.
4) Pour the... - 47.3202
Historically borscht is know to have originated in what is now Ukraine sometime in the mid-13th. Century. Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary & even Serbia lay claim to this great soup but historical evidence proves that it originated in Ukraine.... - 47.1474
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and celery gently in it, stirring frequently.
2) Stir in beetroot with water, sugar, salt and yeast extract and allow boiling for 20 minutes.
3) Strain through a strainer or process in a blender and then heat... - 46.9659
1) In a deep saucepan, mix together the water, meat and the bones
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming the scum on the top
3) Add in the beets, onion, garlic and the salt
4) Place the lid on the saucepan, and cook over a medium flame for about 2... - 46.7553
Place beef and cold beef bouillon in deep kettle.
Add salt and pepper to taste and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, and skim.
Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
In another pan melt butter and saute in it onion, carrots, beets, cabbage, and parsley for 3... - 46.7323
1) In a deep kettle, combine the soup meat and pork along with 2 1/2 quarts of water.
2) Bring the mix to a boil and then cook for 15 minutes.
3) Skim and add bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic and soup greens. (Preferably carrot, celery, leek, some parsley... - 46.654
Combine meat, onion, garlic, water, bay leaf, thyme and pepper in 3-quart casserole.
MICROWAVE 10 MINUTES on HIGH.
MICROWAVE 30 MINUTES on '6".
Stir in cabbage, carrot, turnip, tomatoes and salt.
MICROWAVE 10 MINUTES on '6'.
Add... - 46.5769
1) In a deep saucepan, place together the brisket, bones and water
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming off the scum
3) Add in the onions and tomatoes
4) Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook on a low flame for about an hours
5) Add in the... - 46.381
Looking for something to make your taste buds crave for more? This Borscht recipe is what you want. Add this Borscht to your list of choicest foods and make it whenever you want to. - 46.3753
Saute onion in bacon drippings and clarified butter in large saucepan until tender.
Saute until tender.
Saute until tender.
Stir in beef consomme and tomato puree; reduce heat.
Bring to a simmer, skimming surface.
Cook beets in 3... - 45.8707
In a stockpot, combine beets, onion, water, salt, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Bring to a boil; simmer over medium heat for 1 hour.
Add remaining lemon juice and sugar; simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Remove beets; chop or grate them and set aside.
In a... - 45.7646
Beef And Root Vegetable Borscht
Saute onions slowly in oil or margarine in a large heavy pan until golden brown.
Remove fat and coarse tissues from beef and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Add meat to pan and saute until brown.
Add cold water, salt, pepper, herbs and garlic, cover and bring to a... - 45.647
1) In a saucepan, mix together the beets, water, onion and salt
2) Bring to a boil
3) Cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low flame for an hour
4) Tip in the sugar and lemon juice
5) Cook for an additional 10 minutes and season the soup with... - 45.5809
1. In a large soup kettle, tip in the water, cabbage, beets, onion, carrot, garlic and bay leaves.
2. Bring the kettle to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or till done
3. Add the tomato, lemon juice and tamari, and simmer on 15 minutes... - 45.3284
1. Take beets and cranberry sauce in a food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container, process until content gets pureed.
2. If using blender container, puree in small parts.
3. In a large saucepan, add in all pureed contents,... - 45.2902
Borscht Without Meat
Pare beets and potatoes, then dice them.
Combine all ingredients in a 6 quart kettle.
Bring to boiling.
Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove vegetables and force through a sieve or puree in an... - 45.1031
Beef Borsch With Sour Cream
1) Arrange all the ingredients a day before serving.
2) Quarter the onions.
2) To make the beef borsch: In a deep, 8-quart kettle, place beef, marrow bone, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 quarts water.
3) Cover the kettle, and bring to... - 45.1008
1. Trim fresh and tender leaves from beet stems. Remove stems and coarse leaves.
2. Wash the leaves and drain.
3. Chop the leaves.
4. Peel raw beets and shred coarsely measuring 5 to 6 cups.
5. Peel onion and shred.
6. Peel the potato and cut in... - 44.826
Sweet & Sour Borscht
Insert metal blade.
Discard stems and coarse leaves from beets; reserve tender leaves.
Rinse and dry reserved leaves, then place in work bowl and process, using on-off pulses, until coarsely chopped.
Chop onion; set aside.
Grind pork, a portion at... - 44.7356
Chilled Cherry Borsch
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Strain mixture through a sieve, and discard spices.
Return mixture to saucepan.
Stir in beers and cherries, and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce... - 44.734
In 3-quart casserole, combine beef shanks, water, salt, and pepper.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 10 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour or till tender.
Remove beef shanks.
When meat is cool enough to handle, cut from bones; dice... - 44.5935
1) In a saucepan, add butter to melt over medium heat.
2) Add beets to cook for a few minutes.
3) Pour in vinegar and cover the saucepan.
4) Cook the beets in vinegar for 20 minutes by reducing the heat to very low.
5) Remove cover to stir in soups,... - 44.5787
1. In a saucepan cover meat with water. Cook over simmering heat for about 3 hours until rich broth forms.
2. Stir occasionally.
3. Discard bone and skim the scum.
4. In a bowl mix beets with lemon juice. Add onions, allspice, bay leaf, parsley and... - 44.5435
Borsch Style Stew
Trim excess fat from ribs.
In 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven brown ribs on all sides; drain.
Add carrots, turnips, celery, and onion.
Blend the 4 cups water with tomato paste, salt, and pepper; pour over meat and vegetables in Dutch oven.
Cover; bake at 350° for 2... - 44.5232
Combine chicken broth, water, carrot, onion, and celery in a medium saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add wine, and cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat, and let cool.
Combine vegetable mixture,... - 44.4333
Borscht With Meat
Fry salt pork until golden in a 5 quart kettle.
Add leek and onion.
Fry until onion is transparent.
Add celery root, beets, cabbage, water, and meat.
Cook until celery root is crisp tender; about 25 minutes.
Add tomatoes and kvas; mix.
Cook over medium heat... - 44.2571
Borscht has a moist taste. The beef and vegetable gives the Borscht a sizzling taste. Borscht is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must catch it. - 44.2373
In a large covered saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat, combine hot water, beef, 2 sliced beets, carrots, onion, celery, bay leaf and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt; simmer for 2 hours.
Shred remaining 1 beet; add to mixture along with tomato paste, sugar and... - 44.1815
Cook beef in large saucepan till browned.
Add onions and 8 cups water; simmer, covered, till meat is tender, about 2 hours.
Remove meat from bones.
Skim off excess fat from broth.
Drain beets, reserving liquid; shred beets.
Add beets and liquid... - 44.169
1) Into a 3-quart casserole, add in the beets, sliced carrots, sliced onion, cubed potatoes, shredded cabbage, garlic, salt, marjoram, pepper, bay leaf.
2) Add in 1/2 cup water and mix well.
3) Cover and microwave on HIGH for about 17 minutes or till... - 43.9403
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion and beetroot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Blend in the flour, then the stock.
3) Allow the beet mixture to boil, stirring constantly, season to taste.
4) Put the lid on and simmer... - 43.8764
Beef And Vegetable Borsch
Pat beef dry with paper towels.
In 8 quart Dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium high heat until hot.
Add half of beef and cook until well browned on all sides.
Transfer beef to plate.
Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef.
Reduce heat to... - 43.7292
Sweet & Sour Borscht
Cut off beet tops.
Cut off and discard stems and any wilted leaves.
Coarsely chop remaining leaves.
Peel beets and shred coarsely; set aside.
Heat oil in a 5-quart pan over medium heat.
Add onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables... - 43.7067
Old World Borsch Salad
1. In a small saucepan cover potatoes with beef broth or bouillon cube in water and heat to boil. Remove from heat and cool in broth while mixing rest of salad.
2. In a small bowl, season beets with French dressing and chill.
3. In another large bowl... - 43.6544
Rinse meats in cold water.
Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil, skimming when necessary, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 1 hour.
Add onions, tomatoes, cabbage, beetroot, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, paprika, sugar and... - 43.4147
Russian Beet Borsch
This is a one of the staple diet of Russian cuisine and there is a lot of variation to this recipe. - 43.3768
Put beets in a soup pot and add cold water to cover.
Set over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until beets are tender, about 20 minutes.
Skim off any scum that may form.
When beets are done, reserve them and their... - 43.366
In a large saucepan combine stock, beets, potato, onion and carrot.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Skim if necessary.
Add cabbage, tomato, parsley and dill.
Simmer for 30 minutes longer or until... - 43.2982
New World Borscht
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine steak pieces, beef broth, and water.
Stir in dill weed, cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, and tomato juice.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Add lemon juice and... - 42.9009
1) In a saucepan, mix together beets, beet stock and consommé.
2) Heat the beets mixture until well blended, stirring constantly.
3) Take the pan off the heat. and add lemon juice.
4) Place the beet in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
5) Stir... - 42.8648
In a large pan, put meat, water, salt, peppers, and bay leaf; bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Add beets and cook 1 more hour.
Remove meat from broth with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add carrots, celery, potato, and onion.
Drain liquid from canned... - 42.807
Veal And Beet Borscht
Cook veal in salted water to cover until tender.
Puree beets in a blender, or pass through a sieve, with their water.
Add cucumber to beets and beet water.
Mix into veal and its juices.
Gradually stir in sour cream.
Add dill, salt, pepper, chives and... - 42.7288
Cut the beef and lamb in half-inch cubes.
Place in pressure cooker.
Add cold water, salt, pepper, meat sauce and pork.
Pressure cook at 15 lbs.pressure for 14 minutes.
Reduce pressure and open cooker.
Add all vegetables and pressure cook again for 5... - 42.7055
Put soup bone, beef shoulder, pork and salt pork in very large kettle.
Add 10 cups water, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, parsley, carrot, celery and leek.
Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover tightly and simmer about 2 1/2 hours or until all meat is... - 42.5989
This yummy Beet Borscht swept me off my feet, I bet it will do the same to you. Beet Borscht as a Side Dish never fails to impress. This Beet Borscht is surely going to make you famous amongst your friends once they taste it. Try it right away! - 42.5369
Heat consomme and water to boiling in a saucepan.
Stir in garlic, celery, brown sugar, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, soften gelatin in reserved beet liquid in a saucepan.
Stir over low heat until... - 42.3828
Hearty Ham Borscht
Place ham bone and water in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
Remove ham bone; allow to cool.
Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces; discard bone.
Return meat to kettle.
Add ham, beets,... - 42.2823
Chilled Spinach Borscht
Rinse spinach well.
In a saucepan place spinach and a small amount of salted water.
Cook over medium heat until tender.
Drain and chop.
Into a blender container place cucumber and onion.
Process until pureed.
Into a large bowl place puree.
Stir in half the... - 42.1393
Chilled Beet Borscht
Peel beets; coarsely shred, using a food processor or a grater.
You should have about 5 cups.
In a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine beets, water, and onion.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until beets are tender to bite (about 15... - 42.0702
Garlic Flavored Borscht
Sweat the onion in the oil for 5 minutes, then add the prepared beetroot, celery and carrot with the garlic, tomato puree, water and beer.
Season with salt and pepper, bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in the cabbage and sugar and continue... - 41.5228
Bring bones and water to a boil; skim off scum.
Add bay leaves and peppercorns, cover and simmer 3 hours.
Strain broth, add diced beef and salt, then cover and simmer 1 hour.
Chill quickly and place in refrigerator overnight.
Scrape off fat, add next five... - 41.4107
Red Onion Borscht
Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-low heat.
Add onions, vinegar, and beets.
Cook, stirring often, until onions are very soft but not browned (25 to 30 minutes).
Add flour and stir until bubbly.
Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in... - 41.4046
Combine raw beet and water and let stand for several hours.
Combine beef, stock, water and salt in large saucepan and simmer, skimming surface frequently, until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
While meat is cooking, combine carrot, turnip, onion,... - 41.2229
Borscht is a mouth watering sauteed recipe. I am sure this tasty and irresistible Borscht dish will get you a lot of compliments! - 41.1398
Brown sliced onion in beef dripping in a large saucepan.
Cut beef into 5 cm (2-inch) cubes discarding as much fat as possible.
Add beef to browned onion and quickly sear on all sides adding a little more dripping if necessary, but do try to use as little fat... - 41.0666
Boil chicken necks and backs (or short ribs and bones) with peeled potatoes in water for 1 hour to make broth.
While that is in process, chop celery, bell peppers, cabbage and onion.
Put in broth (take bones out).
If using beef ribs, tear meat... - 41.063
Beets And Cucumber Borscht
Cut beets into halves.
Place them in a soup pot with the 10 cups cold water and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer partially covered until beets are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Skim foam from cooking liquid as necessary.
Remove beets from cooking liquid... - 41.0317
Saute parsley, vegetables and salt pork in butter until golden.
Add meat, water, peppercorns, bay leaf and salt.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 2 hours.
Strain, reserve and dice meat; set aside.
Chill stock and remove fat.
Bring stock to boil,... - 41.0214
Beef And White Cabbage Borscht
Place the brisket of beef and beef stock or broth in a large stockpot and simmer for 60 minutes, or until tender.
Remove the brisket, reserving six cups stock; trim the fat and chill the meat.
When well chilled, cube the beef.
Melt the butter in a stockpot... - 40.9783
Put meat in kettle and add water.
Bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is almost tender.
Add beets, celery, and onion; cook for about 30 minutes longer.
Season to taste.
Blend sour cream, flour, and egg.
Stir into soup; bring... - 40.8554
1 Scrub beets and cut stems no shorter than 1 inch from the top so that the beets won't bleed.
2 In water to cover boil beets until tender (approximately 45 minutes). Eggs may be boiled in the same pan and removed after 20 minutes.
3 Save the beet water.... - 40.7903
Cossack Style Borscht
Cossack Stlye Borscht has a simple taste. Cossack Stlye Borscht is easy to prepare. Cossack Stlye Borscht tastes better with lemon juice sprinkling - 40.6489
1. Heat 1/2 cup water, chicken broth, or vegetable stock in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add cabbage, carrots, celery, and onion. Cook and stir until tender and lightly browned. Add more water during this process if necessary.
2. Add beets,... - 40.5199
Put the beetroots in the pressure cooker with the onions, stock, salt and pepper.
Put on the lid and bringto high (15 lb) pressure.
Cook for 15 minutes.
Reduce pressure quickly.
Sieve the soup or puree it in an electric blender.
Return it to the pan and... - 40.4135
Borscht is a delicious recipe which I always love to have. I bet, once you have this Borscht, you will always crave for some more. - 40.3353
Combine beef, salt, pepper, garlic and about 6 cups (1 1/2 liter or about 1 1/2 quarts) boiling water in a large saucepot.
Cover; bring to boiling; lower heat and simmer until meat is almost tender.
Meanwhile, lightly brown onion, carrot and potato in several... - 40.076
Borscht is something I prepare quiet often at home. The dish is delicious and my friends and relatives have already become prey to its flavor. You will love this Borscht recipe. - 39.6769
1) Blend tomatoes and beets to a smooth puree.
2) Into a stew pot,empty the puree and mix with meat, cabbage and salt already present.
3) Allow the mixture to boil.
4) Skim the surface,reduce the heat, cover with lid.
5) Reduce to a... - 39.6543
Cabbage Borscht is a delicious soup that I prepare quiet often at home. The soup is addictive and my friends and relatives have already become prey to it. You will love this Cabbage Borscht recipe. - 39.5151
Cover soupbone with 10 cups water in kettle; simmer for at least 1 hour.
Add onion and beets; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until beets are par- tially cooked.
Add cabbage; cook until vegetables are tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Let stand for... - 39.4812
Cut any meat from shin bone into small chunks.
Brown chunks and brisket in hot shortening in large kettle.
Add bone, water, tomatoes, onion, and next 9 seasonings.
Cover and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hr., or until meat is tender.
Remove bone from soup and skim off... - 39.2867
1. Shred cabbage (4 cups), and beets (3cups).
2. In a medium sized bowl, add parsley and celery and chill.
3. Place the beets between sheets of paper towel and squeeze out the liquid. Arrange it in a separate small bowl and chill.
4.... - 39.2353
Speedy Cabbage Borscht
1) Take a Dutch oven or large kettle. Mix all ingredients in it.
2) Boil the content and reduce heat.
3) Cover and simmer till cabbage is tender for about 30 minutes.
4) Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot. - 39.2324
Peel and shred beets on a medium shredder into a saucepan and add beef broth, onions and cabbage.
Simmer until vegetables are very tender.
Flavor to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Add lemon juice and chill well.
Serve with dollops of sour... - 39.1948
Combine beets, consomme, and sauerkraut juice; simmer with the cloves and onion for 10 minutes; strain (the beets may be used in salad).
Measure liquid and add enough water to make 5 cups.
Boil 1 cup of the liquid, add salt to taste; add gelatin which has... - 39.1359
Easy Russian Borsch
Combine beef, onions, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and water.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 3 hours.
Strain, cool and chill to remove fat.
Bring stock to boil, add beets, carrots, potato and tomato puree.
Cook 10 minutes.
Add cabbage, bring back... - 39.058
This Lithuanian borshch uses buttermilk instead of yogurt and is called ðaltibarðèiai (which frankly I can’t pronounce) and might be the most popular soup in Lithuania. Of the many cold borshch made in Eastern Europe I found this Lithuanian one... - 38.9753
Potato And Carrot Borscht
Peel and finely dice the beets, potatoes and carrots and place them in a saucepan with the water.
Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onions, celery and cabbage.
Add the saute... - 38.8446
Put beef into salted water, boil 15 minutes and skim; simmer 2 hours longer.
Drain, and reserve broth and meat from the bones.
Cut onion into julienne strips; saute in butter or margarine until tender but not brown.
Add tomato paste, and mix into beef... - 38.8317
Place onion, carrot and celery into a large saucepan with two thirds of the beetroot, add the stock, parsley, dill and clove and bring to the boil, simmer for thirty minutes.
Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, stir in the seasonings and lemon juice.
Add... - 38.8026
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add in the beef stock and beets.
Cook covered for about 25 minutes until the beets become tender.
2) Mix in cabbage, vinegar, honey and soy sauce. Place the cover back and cook for another 10 minutes.
3) As the cabbage turns... - 38.1049
1) Take a saucepan and empty the gelatin envelope in it. Add cold water to soften it.
2) Place the mixture over low heat and cook until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3) Remove from heat and stir in consommÃ©, lemon juice and liquid from beets.... - 37.8291
Russian Tomato Borsch
Saute onions in butter until soft and slightly browned.
Add tomato juice, stock, sour salt and sugar.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Bring back to boil, add cabbage and cook until tender-crisp.
Reheat with meat and adjust... - 37.6977
Beets And Carrot Borscht
Put the ingredients except for the cream and parsley into the cooking pot.
Cook for the recommended time.
Remove bay leaf.
Allow to cool slightly and liquidize until smooth. - 37.5948
This borscht tastes really delicious ! I love this mixed vegetable soup as an everyday appetizer. Just try this Borscht and let me know if you like it ! - 37.4007
1 Scrape the carrots and cut into small rounds. Clean and chop the leeks. Peel the onions, stud 1 whole onion with cloves and cut the other onions into very fine slices. Peel the beets and chop finely. Cut away the core and stalks, then shred the cabbage.
2... - 37.3784
Grate the raw beetroot, or cut the cooked beetroot into thin strips, and put into pan with the grated or chopped carrot and onion, tomatoes, crushed garlic and celery.
Add the stock or water.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours with raw beetroot or about 40 minutes with... - 37.3376
Put the potatoes, beets, and stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and cook, covered, at a rapid simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Strain, reserving the broth and vegetables separately.
In the same saucepan,... - 37.3194
This Meatless Borscht makes an excellent first course for your meals! The tasty abundance of vegetables is going to gear up your hunger apparatus for the coming courses! Try out the dish and share your opinion with me! - 37.1514
Beets And Cabbage Borscht
Put onion, beetroot, sugar, vinegar and stock in a pan and boil gently for 20 minutes.
Add the cabbage and boil for a further 20 minutes.
Add the tomato paste, season to taste and add more stock or water if needed.
Cook until the cabbage is tender.
Put a... - 36.9685
Quick Borscht Cold
1) Blend all the ingredients till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2) If the capacity of the blender is not enough to hold entire amount at one time, add all ingredients except 1 cup of water then pour off some of the pureed mixture, now add the... - 36.5988
Red Onion Borscht
Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat.
Reserve 1/3 cup of the onions for garnish; add remaining onions, vinegar, and beets to pan.
Cook, stirring often, until onions are very soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
Stir in flour.
Bring soup to a... - 36.5717
Garden Patch Borscht
Mix together all vegetables (except beets) with oil in a 4 quart casserole.
Cover and cook in Radarange oven 7 minutes; stir, cook 7 minutes more.
Add remaining ingredients, include grated beets; cook in oven, covered, for 10 minutes.
Let stand, covered, 10... - 36.3419
Quick Borscht With Potato
Try this Quick Borscht With Potato. An easily prepared American Borscht recipe, Quick Borscht with Potatoes is a dish that you will always love to include in your appetizer menu. - 36.2806
Borscht Recipes By Category