- » Boiled Wheat
Boiled Wheat Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled wheat recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled wheat recipes.
Homemade Teuchi Udon Noodles
Have you always been wondering how to prepare the perfect Teuchi Udon Noodles at home? This video will clear all your doubts. Watch the chef make these authentic Teuchi Udon Noodles effortlessly and replicate the same in your own kitchen. - 145.694
As funky as it sounds, Arabic freekeh is a power house of protein and the best characteristic of this grain is that it can be cooked in many ways and used with many other ingredients, making it a versatile side dish. In this video the simplest way of cooking... - 106.364
Mushroom And Tomato Wheat Pasta
If you are in the mood to have pasta, then chef Billy has got the right recipe for you. Check out the video of the yummy and delicious Mushroom and Tomato Wheat Pasta. Serve with garlic bread, if desired. - 97.1462
Turkish Wheat Salad
1. In a bowl mix gomasio and bulgar wheat.
2. In a saucepan boil 300 ml water. Mix the gomasio and bulgar with boiling water. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes.
3. Chop dried apricots to make tiny slivers.
4. Combine seeds, parsley and apricots with the... - 50.2655
Easy Boston Brown Bread
Stir together flours, cornmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt.
In mixing bowl combine egg, molasses, sugar, and cooking oil.
Add flour mixture to molasses mixture alternately with buttermilk; beat well.
Stir in raisins.
Turn batter into 2 well-greased... - 47.0002
Bulghur Wheat Salad With Minty Lemon Dressing
1. Place the bulghur wheat in a saucepan and cover with boiling water.
2. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then drain thoroughly and turn into a serving bowl.
3. Cut the cucumber into small dice, chop the shallots finely and reserve. Steam the sweetcorn over a... - 43.8434
Bulgar Wheat Salao With Broccoli Nuts And Apricots
1) Take a medium sized bowl and add bulgar wheat to it.
2) Cover it entirely with boiling water and place cling film on the bowl.
3) Soak it for half an hour.
4) Drain off the extra water.
5) Take a pan and boil water in it.
6) Place... - 43.5223
Whole Wheat Crumpets
Mix milk and boiling water together in a large mixing bowl.
Cool to lukewarm (90°).
Stir in yeast and honey and let stand in warm place for 10 minutes.
Stir in salt and flour.
Mix well, cover with a towel, and let rise in a warm place (84° - 86°) until... - 43.3607
Purslane Tabouli Salad
1) In a saucepan, add the bulgur and water, allow to boil; turn off the heat, cover and keep aside for an 1 hour.
2) Chill and stir in the purslane, onion, garlic, mint, carrot, parsley, oil and lemon juice, blend well.
3)... - 42.4893
Wheat Ball And Lentil Soup
Mix together the bur'ghul, flour, 1/2 tablespoon salt, chilli powder, spring onions, mint and parsley.
Add enough water to make a thick dough.
Mould the dough into small balls (about the size of large marbles) and set aside.
Place the lentils in the water,... - 42.4006
Ich (vegetarian Wheat Salad)
In a heavy skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion until limp and translucent, but not browned.
Stir in the tomato paste, lemon juice, the one cup water, salt and red pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Stir in the bulgur, reduce heat, and simmer about ten... - 42.1978
Whole Wheat Linguine
1)In the container of food processor, insert stainless steel chopping blade.
2)Mix whole wheat flour, eggs, olive oil,salt and vegetable oil together in processor and process until well blended.
3)Remove dough on a lightly floured... - 41.3006
Proper Brown Bread
Grease the coffee can with butter.
Pour milk into a small bowl. Add vinegar to milk. Do not stir. Let stand for 2 minutes.
Stir together dry ingredients.
Pour liquid combination into a large bowl and stir in molasses and raisins. Add dry ingredients in... - 40.8917
Easy Indian Curry Sauce
1. Melt the butter. Add the finely chopped onion.
2. When of a nice light brown colour, stir in the flour and curry powder.
3. Blend well and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in gradually the stock. Blend well.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and the bayleaf.
6. Bring to... - 40.8128
Wheat Noodle Soup With Marinated Chicken
1. Cut the chicken breasts into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes. Mix the turmeric with the salt and rub it into the cubes of chicken. Cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Bruise the lemon grass with the side of a rolling pin to release the flavour. Finely crush... - 40.5856
Wash the chana dhaal, boil it until soft, drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot and fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves for a few seconds.
Lower the heat and add the peanuts and cashew nuts, frying them quickly before adding the... - 40.2213
In large saucepan, over medium heat, bring wheat and water to a boil.
Simmer wheat in water 1 hour, or until tender; adding more water if necessary.
Drain and rinse with cool water.
In large saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, 5 minutes, or... - 39.2655
Sift flour and salt together.
Use a fork to work in butter (batter will be lumpy).
Add eggs and water; stir until smooth.
Place dough on well-floured board and knead until smooth, about 15 minutes.
Set aside for 15 minutes.
Roll out dough as thin as... - 38.4774
Mix together ground beef, cracked wheat, onion, salt, parsley, thyme, marjoram, basil, and nuts.
Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
In a large kettle, bring to a boil the beef bouillon and water; drop in meatballs, cover and simmer until balls rise to... - 38.3716
1. Heat milk and stock. Remove and keep hot.
2. Melt the fat in a pan.
3. Add flour. Mix smoothly and cook over gentle heat (2-3 minutes) without discolouration.
4. Remove from heat. Add the liquid, little at a time to the roux until mixture is light and... - 37.3931
Buckwheat Noodles Putanesca
1. In a medium saucepan, place tomatoes, olives, basil, spring onions and capers. Bring mixture to the boil over moderate heat.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add noodles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, drain.
3. Arrange noodles on... - 37.3628
Southwestern Wheat Berry Pilaf
Place wheat berries in a medium bowl; cover with water to 2 inches above wheat berries.
Cover and let stand 8 hours.
Place wheat berries in a medium saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above wheat berries.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook,... - 36.8604
Toasted Wheat Berries With Pancetta And Roasted Apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, toast the wheat berries over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until they are fragrant, 5 minutes. Add 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover the pot and let the wheat berries sit... - 36.7606
Hungarian Noodles Or Kluse
Beat all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until the dough is soft, and bubbles form.
Make dough somewhat stiff.
Cut with a spoon into boiling salted water.
Let noodles boil until they rise to the top and boil for 5 minutes.
Drain and serve with... - 36.6969
1. To make filling, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy. Fold in flour and 1 tablespoon milk. Scald remaining milk, stir a little into egg mixture, then gradually stir egg mixture into milk. Cook mixture over a low heat, stirring constantly, for 5... - 35.9206
Mormon Whole Meal Soup
Melt butter, add meat and brown.
Add water and bring to a full rolling boil.
Bring back to a boil.
Add rice and seasonings.
Simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. - 35.2935
Cooking Buckwheat Groats
1) In a bowl mix one cup buckwheat groats with one egg and one teaspoon salt.
2) Heat a heavy skillet and transfer the mixture into it. Alternately use little oil if using a light skillet.
3) Cook and stir until each grain is separate and dry.
4) Add... - 33.4804
Grape Bulgur Wheat Salad
1. In a large bowl, combine bulgur and 2 cups boiling water. Let stand until bulgur is tender to bite, about 30 minutes. Pour into a fine strainer to drain.
2. Return bulgur to bowl. Add grapes, onion, orange peel, orange juice, mint, lemon juice, and... - 33.1943
Whole Wheat Pasta
1) In a large saucepan or pot, pour 3 quarts of water.
2) Place over heat to bring a boil by covering.
3) Add salt, if desired.
4) Add the macaroni.
5) Stir and cook until the macaroni is tender but firm.
6) Drain water.
7) Serve the macaroni... - 31.8759
Farro Soup With Greens And A Soft Boiled Egg
1. Soak the farro the morning you intend to make the soup (or the day before). Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add... - 31.7536
1. Using a sharp knife cut the shredded wheat into 4 pieces and arrange on a plate.
2. Let the orange zest, orange juice, honey and oregano boil, stir well and pour over the shredded wheat.
3. Leave it for 5 minutes to marinate and serve with... - 31.703
Tequila Wheat Berry Salad
1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, frequently stir tequila, broth, and wheat berries until boiling. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer until wheat berries are tender to bite, 45 to 50 minutes.
2. Drain wheat berries, reserving liquid. Put grain in a... - 31.478
Cream Of Wheat
Heat water to boiling; add rest of ingredients.
Turn heat to low, stirring constantly.
Cook for 30 seconds, while stirring.
Remove from heat; cover; let stand 1 minute. - 31.3871
In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the water; stir to blend.
Allow to soften for 3 minutes.
Place over heat and bring to the boil and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, mixing to dissolve the... - 31.2823
Whole Wheat Berries And Scallions
Place the berries in a 3- to 4-quart pot with 2 quarts of water.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cook, partially covered, at a rapid simmer for 1 hour, or until the berries are tender but still very crunchy.
Check the pot occasionally to see that the... - 30.4416
Combine egg, groats, and salt.
Melt shortening in medium-size skillet.
Stir in groat mixture and water; bring to a boil and cook, tightly covered, over low heat for about 15 minutes.
Serve as a vegetable, in soups, or with gravy.
Makes 4 servings. - 30.427
Mediterranean Wheat Berry Salad
1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine wheat berries, rice, and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer until grains are tender to bite, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain. Pour into a large bowl.
2. Drain artichoke marinade into bowl with grains.... - 30.224
Cream Cheese Pastry
1) Combine the flour and salt, then cut in butter and cream cheese.
2) Press together to make a firm ball and smoothen the edges.
3) Chill the pastry for about 30 minutes or until firm to u.
4) Use as required. - 30.1402
Boiled Water Pastry
1) In a bowl, place the shortening and gradually mix in water until creamy.
2) Stir in the flour and salt, then mix thoroughly with a fork.
3) Use as required. - 29.8916
Wheat Cereal In Apple Juice
1. In medium saucepan, bring apple juice to boiling. Slowly sprinkle in cereal; add salt and cinnamon.
2. Reduce heat; cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens—about 5 minutes.
3. Serve immediately with light-brown sugar and milk, if desired. - 28.4569
1. Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
2. Add the bulgur, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to coat the bulgur with the butter. Stir in the chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and... - 28.3027
Stir groats into boiling water, add salt and cook approximately 20 minutes, or until soft.
Add raisins and cook 5 minutes longer.
Sweeten with honey if desired.
Serve with milk. - 27.5081
Bulgur Wheat Pilaf
Add bulgur wheat and chopped onion; brown lightly, stirring often.
Bring to boiling.
Cover; reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until the bulgur wheat is done.
Season with salt and pepper. - 27.0917
Scottish Style Shredded Wheat
1 Place each portion of shredded wheat in a bowl.
Place the cream and whisky in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Remove from the heat and add the honey.
2 Pour over the shredded wheat, top with the grapefruit segments (sections) and serve. - 26.8119
Bring 700 ml (1 pt 4 fl oz) salted water to the boil.
Sprinkle in the cracked wheat and add the oil.
Cover tightly and simmer over a very low heat for about 15 minutes - until tender.
You may have to add a tiny bit of water, but be careful, as it easily turns... - 26.2931
Wheat Sesame Cereal
Bring the water to a boil; add the salt, soy grits, and rolled wheat. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the mixture is thick. (Thickening may happen very quickly with some types of rolled wheat.)
Stir in the sesame seeds just before serving. Add... - 26.1361
Wheat And Soy Cereal
1. In the container of a food processor or an electric blender grind the wheat and grits into a coarse powder in small batches.
2. Mix the ground mixture with the date sugar and store in a tightly covered container.
3. To make hot cereal add 1 cup of the mix... - 23.3051
Place butter and flour together in a bowl. Mix well with a fork.
How to use Beurre Manie:
Bring the soup or sauce to the boil. Add Beurre Manie gradually and whisk in for better results. Add sufficient amount to achieve desired thickness. Simmer over low heat... - 23.0115
Bring 1 quart whey to a boil in a shallow, wide, heavy-bottom pan.
Turn heat low and cook whey for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally in the beginning and as it thickens, stirring constantly to prevent it from scorching.
If desired, the thickened whey can be... - 22.7741
1. Boil the water and vegetable broth in a large pot.
2. In a bowl combine the gluten flour, garlic and onion powder, sage and marjoram, then add 2 cups of water and stir into a sponge like dough.
3. Knead to form firmer and more elastic dough. Form... - 0
How To Cook Burgol Or Bulgur Wheat- Healthy Food Ideas
Bulgur wheat (Also known as kind of Dalia in Northern India) is a whole wheat grain that has been cracked and partially pre-cooked. As a whole grain, it is a naturally high-fiber, low-fat, low-calorie vegetarian and vegan food ingredient.Though bulgur wheat... - 0
Boiled Wheat Recipes By Category