- » Boiled Turnip Green
Boiled Turnip Green Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled turnip green recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled turnip green recipes.
Boiled Collard Turnip Greens Or Mustard Greens
1. Pick the leaves tearing them into bite-size pieces or finely chop.
2. Add leaves to a large saucepan. Pour in water and add salt.
3. Cover the pan with its lid and place on a medium low flame.
4. Allow the water to simmer and leaves... - 35.6032
Boiled Collard Or Turnip Greens
Put ham hock or ham bone in water to boil in a heavy 4 quart pot; boil about 30 minutes.
Add greens to pot with salt, sugar and bacon drippings; boil 45 minutes.
Remove bones and excess liquid.
Cut up greens into bite size pieces. - 27.6394
Turnip Greens And Other Greens
Wash greens several times, picking out yellow leaves and breaking off tough stems.
Place in a large pan or colander, pour over boiling water, drain.
In a deep vessel put the meat and red peppers; toss in greens and pour in enough boiling water to cover.
Put... - 31.2572
Turnip Greens With Hog Jowl
Wash and drain mustard greens; put in pot with meat with barely enough water to cover.
Cook until meat is tender.
Wash and drain turnip tops, boil in separate pot until tender.
Add to meat pot and simmer a few minutes.
Arrange meat over greens.
Cut... - 25.2098
Turnips With Mustard Greens
In a wide frying pan, combine turnips, vinegar, water, and sugar.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; boil just until turnips are tender-crisp to bite (about 3 minutes).
Uncover and quickly mix in sesame seeds, oil, and mustard greens.
Stir just until... - 28.9854
Southern Turnip Greens
Remove and discard stems from turnip greens.
Wash turnip greens thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels.
Tear turnip greens into bite-size pieces.
Place turnip greens in a large Dutch oven; add water.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20... - 34.1491
Mary Joe’s Turnip Greens
1. Take a 3-quart saucepan and place rinsed salt pork in it.
2. Add water and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook, without covering, on medium heat for about 45 to 60 minutes or till water is decreased to 1 cup.
4. Discard the stems and... - 36.3866
Turnip Greens With Raw Vegetable Relish
Strip turnip leaves from stems; discard stems.
Wash leaves thoroughly.
Brown salt pork on all sides in heavy kettle, add water, and boil, covered, for 10 minutes.
Add greens and pepper pod.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Drain; reserve pot liquor to... - 29.3114
1) Remove the peel of the turnips, leaving behind 1 to 2 inches of the green tops attached.
2) In a small saucepan,combine the turnips with butter and sugar.
3) Now add required water to just cover the turnip mixture and cook for 6 to... - 33.5904
Pasta With Turnip Tops
1 In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2 Trim the larger stems and ribs from the turnip tops and discard, together with any wilted leaves.
3 Wash well and drain.
4 Cut into small pieces.
5 Put the... - 40.0361