- » Boiled Turnip
Boiled Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled turnip recipes.
Cajun Style Turnip Greens
No Cajun meal could be complete without turnip greens that make a staple part of Southern Cajun food. Beryl Stokes shares with her viewers a simple turnip green recipe a la Cajun style that is supercharged with both health and taste. A healthy, tasty way to... - 103.27
Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup
Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup has a fine taste. Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup gets its taste from pork and turnip mixed with cornstarch and chicken broth. Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 47.4036
Lamb Meatballs With Pear Turnip Puree
1. Steam the turnips for 30 minutes till they are tender
2. Add the pears to the steamer and cook for five minutes only
3. In a large bowl, mix the lamb, wheat germ, remaining cheese, onions, egg substitute, parsley, and thyme. Shape the mixture... - 46.8561
Whipped Turnip And Apple
1. In a bowl, put together rutabaga with salt and pepper; mash well.
2. On top of the double boiler over very heat, place the mashed rutabaga to keep warm.
3. In a saucepan, put together apples, water and lemon juice; simmer for about 10... - 44.2271
Relish-topped Turnip Greens
Combine green pepper, onion, garlic, and picante sauce in a small saucepan; stir well.
Bring to a boil.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add tomato, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and tefrigerare at... - 43.7188
Cream Of Turnip Soup
Cream of Turnnip Soup has a good taste. The Cream of Turnnip Soup is an easy to make soup. Cream of Turnnip Soup must be tried by soup lovers. - 43.3094
Cheddar Turnips Au Gratin
Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; add water to cover.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until turnip is tender.
Drain well, and set aside.
Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring... - 42.4961
Parsnip Or Turnip Stew
Cube potatoes and parsnips or turnip.
Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet and saute potatoes, parsnips or turnip, and onion until crusty and brown.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan.
Stir in flour... - 41.539
Braised Turnips With Black Mushrooms
1) With a cup of boiling water, cover the mushrooms and allow them to soak for about 30 minutes.
2) Peel the turnips and cup them into cubes of 1-inch each.
3) In a large saucepan which has been fitted with a vegetable steamer, add about... - 41.4807
Pasta With Turnip Tops
1 In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2 Trim the larger stems and ribs from the turnip tops and discard, together with any wilted leaves.
3 Wash well and drain.
4 Cut into small pieces.
5 Put the... - 40.9094
Pureed Turnips With Garlic
1. Boil turnips for 7 minutes in salted water.
2. Drain the water.
3. Cook turnips and garlic gently in 8 tablespoons butter until both turn into soft textured.
4. Make puree with a processor or by hand and add the left over butter during the cooking... - 37.265
Mary Joe’s Turnip Greens
1. Take a 3-quart saucepan and place rinsed salt pork in it.
2. Add water and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook, without covering, on medium heat for about 45 to 60 minutes or till water is decreased to 1 cup.
4. Discard the stems and... - 36.954
Peel turnips and blanch by parboiling in salt water for about 10 minutes.
Rinse and return to a saucepan with enough rich, seasoned chicken broth or consomme to cover; add sugar and cook until turnips are tender.
When tender, stir in butter.
Just before... - 36.5082
Boiled Collard Turnip Greens Or Mustard Greens
1. Pick the leaves tearing them into bite-size pieces or finely chop.
2. Add leaves to a large saucepan. Pour in water and add salt.
3. Cover the pan with its lid and place on a medium low flame.
4. Allow the water to simmer and leaves... - 36.3404
Turnip And Onion Puree
Combine the turnip, onion, and potato in a saucepan and add water to cover.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are fork tender.
Drain and transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender.
Add the... - 36.3332
Southern Turnip Greens
Remove and discard stems from turnip greens.
Wash turnip greens thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels.
Tear turnip greens into bite-size pieces.
Place turnip greens in a large Dutch oven; add water.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20... - 35.8468
Cured Pork And Salt Turnip Pot
In a heavy, covered casserole, sweat the onions in the lard without letting them color.
Distribute half of the turnips in a layer on the onions, then add the meats and the garlic and cover with the remaining turnips.
Pour in the wine and water.
Cover tightly... - 35.0851
1) Remove the peel of the turnips, leaving behind 1 to 2 inches of the green tops attached.
2) In a small saucepan,combine the turnips with butter and sugar.
3) Now add required water to just cover the turnip mixture and cook for 6 to... - 34.365
Carrots And Turnip With Orange
In separate saucepans place turnip and carrots with a small amount of water.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat.
Simmer until turnip and carrots are tender; drain.
In separate bowls or in food processor mash each vegetable until smooth.
In a medium... - 34.2006
Turnip Greens And Other Greens
Wash greens several times, picking out yellow leaves and breaking off tough stems.
Place in a large pan or colander, pour over boiling water, drain.
In a deep vessel put the meat and red peppers; toss in greens and pour in enough boiling water to cover.
Put... - 33.1646
Easy Pickled Turnips
Peel turnips and cut crosswise in thin slices not more than 1/4 inch thick.
Mix with salt and let stand 1 hour.
Drain and rinse thoroughly with water.
Bring remaining ingredients to boil.
Add turnips and simmer 2 minutes.
Cool. - 32.4879
Boiled Collard Or Turnip Greens
Put ham hock or ham bone in water to boil in a heavy 4 quart pot; boil about 30 minutes.
Add greens to pot with salt, sugar and bacon drippings; boil 45 minutes.
Remove bones and excess liquid.
Cut up greens into bite size pieces. - 31.9857
Turnips With Mustard Greens
In a wide frying pan, combine turnips, vinegar, water, and sugar.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; boil just until turnips are tender-crisp to bite (about 3 minutes).
Uncover and quickly mix in sesame seeds, oil, and mustard greens.
Stir just until... - 31.3506
Root Vegetable Puree
1) In a large saucpean, boil the turnips and celery root until tender.
2) Using a food mill or sieve, puree the vegetables with garlic.
3) Stir in warmed yogurt a/c to taste.
4) Serve hot vegetable puree as side dish. - 31.1376
Carrot Turnip Salad With Cumin Lime Dressing
1 To prepare the dressing: In a food processor or blender, whirl the limejuice, oil, parsley, cumin, salt, and pepper for 30 seconds or until the parsley is minced.
2 To prepare the salad: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over moderately high heat.... - 30.6777
Turnip Greens With Raw Vegetable Relish
Strip turnip leaves from stems; discard stems.
Wash leaves thoroughly.
Brown salt pork on all sides in heavy kettle, add water, and boil, covered, for 10 minutes.
Add greens and pepper pod.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Drain; reserve pot liquor to... - 30.4002
Lemony Turnip Sticks
Cut into slices 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into 1/4 inch sticks.
Drop in boiling salted water and cook 15 minutes or until tender.
Toss with butter, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. - 28.7049
Turnip Greens With Hog Jowl
Wash and drain mustard greens; put in pot with meat with barely enough water to cover.
Cook until meat is tender.
Wash and drain turnip tops, boil in separate pot until tender.
Add to meat pot and simmer a few minutes.
Arrange meat over greens.
Cut... - 27.0544
Honey Glazed Rutabaga Or Turnip
Cut rutabaga into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Halve or quarter slices if large. In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook rutabaga for 15 minutes (turnips for 8 minutes) or just until tender. Drain.
Immediately stir in butter; cook over high heat, shaking... - 26.1183
Glazed Turnips In Chicken Stock
Melt the butter with the oil in a saucepan.
Add the turnips and cook until they are golden brown.
Sprinkle over the sugar and cook, sitrring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or... - 25.7285
Boil turnips in salted water until they are tender and water has boiled off.
Add apple juice and continue boiling (uncovered) until juice has been absorbed.
Add butter and shake pot constantly, turning the turnips until all are coated and shiny golden brown. - 25.509
French Glazed Turnips
1. Place turnips in a single layer in a large skillet. Add 1 cup water; dot turnips with butter. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Cook,... - 25.3038
Parsley Turnips And Carrots
Cook turnips and carrots together in 1/2" boiling salted water, covered, for 20 min., or until tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter, and add remaining ingredients.
Pour over vegetables, and mix lightly with a fork. - 25.1189
Peel turnips, quarter them, and cook, covered, in plenty of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
Drain well and return to the heat for a few minutes to dry.
Crush with a fork or a potato masher, add the butter and stir over low heat until... - 21.5393
Carrot And Turnip Puree
Place the carrots and turnip in a pan, barely cover with water and boil until tender.
Put the cooked vegetables in a food processor and puree with the butter, salt and pepper until soft and smooth.
Alternatively, mash them by hand. - 20.1685
Boiled Turnip Recipes By Category