- » Boiled Sponge Cake
Boiled Sponge Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled sponge cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled sponge cake recipes.
Boiled Sponge Cake
Boil sugar and water together to 238Â° F. or soft-ball stage.
Pour slowly over beaten whites and continue beating until cool.
Add beaten yolks and vanilla.
Fold in flour which has been sifted, measured and sifted four times with salt and cream of... - 32.9069
Caramel Sponge Cake
Make and bake like Boiled Sponge Cake, using brown sugar in place of the white, or caramelize 1/4 cup sugar, add water, boiling, and when smooth add rest of sugar and cook to 238Â° F. - 16.2349
Boiled Water Sponge Cake
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 325° F. Have ready a 9-inch tube pan, ungreased.
2. Beat the egg yolks until thick and light; gradually add the sugar, beating until creamy. Add the grated peel, lemon juice, vanilla and boiling water and beat thoroughly.
3.... - 34.4815
1. Put the rind and juice of lime, sugar, gelatine and water into a saucepan. Cover and bring to boil.
2. Infuse for half an hour.
3. Strain and cool. Whisk the whites stiffly in a large bowl. Add the cool lime mixture slowly, whisking well.
4. Whisk till it... - 35.365
Hot Milk Sponge Cake
This Hot Milk Sponge Cake is by far the best of its kind I have ever had. Incredibly delicious and lusciously inviting, make sure you try out this easy and simple Hot Milk Sponge Cake, because this can be a sure short cut way to win the hearts of your loved... - 44.4803
Potato Flour Sponge Cake
(If desired one egg white may be reserved and used in a boiled icing for frosting cake.) Beat egg whites until stiff.
Fold in powdered sugar.
Beat yolks until thick and lemon colored and add flavoring, then fold yolks into whites.
Sift some of the dry... - 33.3834
Orange Sponge Cake
Boil sugar and water together to 238Â° F. or soft-ball stage.
Pour slowly over beaten egg whites and continue beating until cool.
Add orange rind and juice and beaten egg yolks.
Fold in flour which has been sifted, measured and sifted four times.
Bake in an... - 29.857
Two-day Coffee Sponge Cake
Sift flour and baking powder together; set aside.
Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl, beat at high speed of an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored.
Reduce speed to medium, and gradually add boiling water.
Add flour mixture, mix until... - 41.8966
Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
Add enough water to reserved juice to make 1 cup liquid.
Bring to a boil; add pineapple, gelatin and marshmallows, blending well.
Chill until partially set; beat with rotary beater.
Fold in whipped cream; chill until firm. - 28.8603
Nougat Walnut Sponge Cake
Blend egg yolks and sugar together.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
Whisk egg whites till stiff.
Fold egg yolks, flour mixture and egg whites together.
Grease and line the base of a 9 or 10 inch (23-25 cm) spring-form cake pan.
Place one-third of... - 45.1757
Meringue Sponge Cake
Mix water and sugar in a saucepan.
Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Boil until mixture reaches 238Â°F (soft-ball stage).
Remove from heat.
Beat egg whites and salt until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed.
Pour syrup slowly into egg... - 44.4738
Royal Sponge Cake
1) In a saucepan, boil sugar and water without stirring.
2) Continue boiling till the syrup turns like a thread.
3) In a bowl, beat egg whites.
4) Allow the syrup to cool down and add to the beaten egg mixture.
5) Separately, sift in flour,... - 43.7584
Sponge Cake has a Delicious taste.The Flour and Sugar gives the Sponge Cake Miraculous taste. - 31.7362
Steamed Jam Sponge Cakes
Jam sponge is a delicious recipe. This dish can be served as dessert. Try this recipe in your holidays, Jam sponge is sure going to impress your taste buds. - 90.1564
Diet Light Sponge Cake
1. Measure the cake flour, baking powder and salt into sifter.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume with electric mixer at high speed in a large bowl; beat in 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue forms soft... - 35.973
Hot Milk Sponge Cake
Hot Milk Sponge Cake is an irresistible dessert which you would surely love to serve to your friends. Enjoy this delicious cake recipe; I am sure you would love to try this Hot Milk Sponge Cake again-n-again. - 43.0976
Party Chocolate Sponge Cake
Beat egg yolks with vanilla; gradually add sugar, beating until light and thick.
Mix Ground Chocolate with water; cool.
Beat into creamed mixture.
Sift flour with baking powder.
Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Beat egg whites with salt... - 41.621
Hot Milk Sponge Cake
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Add sugar gradually to the beaten eggs, beating until very thick and piled softly.
Mix in lemon juice.
Sprinkle dry ingredients over egg mixture about one fourth at a time; gently fold in until just blended... - 40.0372
Hot Water Sponge Cake
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a bowl, add yolks to beat into thick consistency.
3) Gradually add sugar and continue beating.
4) Add water and combine well.
5) In another bowl, sift all the dry ingredients and fold into the egg... - 44.4282
Sara S Chocolate Sponge Cake
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5.
2) Take a 23cm x 23cm springform tin, grease and double line it.
3) In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugar till they turn light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one. Remember to... - 49.3504
1. Soak the gelatin in the cold water 5 minutes; pour the boiling water over it and stir until dissolved. Add the sugar, salt, pineapple and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Cover with waxed paper and place in the refrigerator to chill until set.
2. Then beat... - 35.6779
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour an 8-inch square cake pan.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
Put egg yolks in small mixer bowl and beat at high speed until very thick and lemon colored (about 5 minutes).
Beat in sugar gradually.
Blend in... - 39.0657
Butter Sponge Cake
Beat eggs until thick and light.
Beat in salt, sugar and vanilla.
Heat milk and butter to boiling point; beat in.
Mix and sift flour and baking powder; beat in.
Turn into greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove from... - 35.416
Eggless Honey Chocolate Sponge
This delectable sponge cake is rich and chocolaty and is flavored with honey. This recipe of eggless chocolate and honey sponge is sure to get your taste buds buzzing! - 53.3039
Steamed Sponge Cake
Preparation Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
In small bowl of electric mixer, beat egg yolks for 1 minute or until thick and... - 41.0539
Cherry Banana Sponge Cake Dessert
Add enough water to cherry syrup to yield 1 cup.
Stir a small amount of the syrup into cornstarch in a saucepan; blend until smooth.
Mix in apricot preserves.
Add remaining cherry syrup and salt; bring to boiling and boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir... - 47.5207
Sift flour with sugar and baking powder.
Beat egg whites and salt until soft mounds form.
Add 1/4 cup corn syrup; beat until stiff.
Beat egg yolks, 1/4 cup corn syrup, orange and vanilla extracts until thick and creamy.
Heat milk and butter to boiling; add to... - 44.1207
Line, grease and flour a 23 cm (9 inch) moule a manque tin.
Whisk the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl over a saucepan of boiling water until thick enough to leave a trail.
Remove from the heat and whisk until cool.
You do not need to put the bowl over hot... - 40.3014
Apricot Pineapple Sponge
1. Put apricots through food mill or coarse sieve, to puree.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup cold water, to soften. Add boiling water, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
3. Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
4. Add egg whites; with... - 33.6653
1) Grease a 8-inch (20-cm) sponge flan tin with butter.
2) Preheat oven hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4.
3) Dust the sponge flan tin with flour and castor sugar.
4) On a square of greaseproof paper sift flour. Keep aside.
5) In a... - 44.4245
Beat the eggs and the sugar in a bowl over a pot of boiling water until thick and creamy.
Remove from the heat and beat for 5 minutes longer.
Add the grated lemon rind and fold in the well sifted flour.
Grease 2 shallow 7 inch pans.
Line the bottom of each... - 41.1748
Corn Syrup Sponge Cake Batter
Beat egg whites with salt until stiff but not dry.
Heat corn syrup to boiling in small saucepan; pour slowly over beaten whites, beating constantly with rotary beater.
Add lemon rind to yolks and beat well; fold into whites.
Fold in sifted flour and baking... - 32.4017
Lemon Sponge Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place a sheet of parchment on an ungreased baking pan of 8X12-inch dimensions.
2) In a bowl, add the egg whites with salt, whipping them to get stiff peaks.
3) Add in the vanilla extract and fold gently... - 44.0152
Orange Sponge Cake
1) Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
2) In a bowl, beat in egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
3) Add sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice to blend into the egg mixture.
4) Add remaining orange juice alternately with the sifted dry... - 41.8028
4 5 6 Sponge Cake
1. Grease two 7 inch cake tins with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Line the base of the tins with grease proof paper; this will help to unmould the cake and to give a smooth surface to the cake.
3. Preheat the oven to 400° F, 200°... - 45.2684
Chocolate Sponge Cake
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°).
2. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar in a large bowl until foamy. Beat in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the meringue forms stiff, but not dry, peaks.
3. Stir together the egg yolks and vanilla in... - 39.6342
Apricot Orange Muscat Sponge Cake
1. In a small bowl, add apricots and wine, and allow to soak until apricots turn soft, for a couple of hours; make sure to turn them around to marinate well
2. Preheat oven to 350Â° F; apply butter and flour a 9â€X2â€ round cake pan... - 45.2629
Warm Method Sponge Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350°F
2) To prepare the cake – place the rack in the center of oven.
3) Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange a round of parchment or wax paper at the base of the pan.
4) Dust the pan with flour, coating evenly... - 39.0107
Mix gelatine with cold water; set aside 5 minutes.
Dissolve in boiling water.
Stir 1/2 cup sugar into gelatine mixture until dissolved.
Add bananas and lemon juice.
Chill until mixture begins to set.
Add salt to egg whites; beat until they form softly... - 42.2687
Plain Sponge Cake
Put egg yolks into large mixing bowl and beat until so thick that it is difficult to turn the beater (at least 5 minutes).
Stir in 3/4 cup of the sugar in several portions, combining thoroughly; then beat again until very thick.
Add 1/3 of the boiling water,... - 39.4807
Steamed Sponge Cake
Over high heat, bring water for steaming to boiling.
In small mixer bowl beat egg yolks till thick and lemon-colored (4 minutes); beat in the 2 tablespoons water.
Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar; beat in vanilla and lemon extract.
Wash beaters well.
In large... - 40.6627
Individual Steamed Sponge Cake
1) In a bowl, beat the egg whites till peak consistency.
2) Gradually beat the sugar in egg whites until very stiff.
3) Beat in the egg yolks in the mixture.
4) Sift together the flour and baking powder over the egg white mixture and stir thoroughly.... - 37.5872
Steamed White Sugar Sponge Cake ( Bak Tong Gou )
1) In a sauce pan, boil together sugar and 2 cups of water, when the water became a little luke warm, scoop out 2 tablespoons of water to stir the dried yeast, and set aside to form a layer of cloud.
2) Continue to heat the sugar water till it start... - 90.2226
Cantonese Steamed Sponge Cake ( Ma Lai Go ) Dim Sum
1) Fill the steamer with water and let it heat.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the sugar.
3) Mix the flour and vanilla pudding powder together.
4) Sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix well with the help of a... - 89.2433
Apple Sponge is a unique dessert that is both incomparable in its taste and filing. Prepare this tasty Apple Sponge and serve it for your next party, I am sure your guests will love it!! - 36.7117
Beat eggs together in basin, gradually add sugar; beat 15 minutes.
Combine butter, cocoa, and boiling water, fold into egg mixture.
Sift flour several times, sift over egg mixture, fold in, making sure no streaks of colour remain.
Fill into 2 greased 7 in.... - 27.8602
Beat egg yolks until light; add sugar gradually.
Beat until thick and lemony; add chocolate.
Soften gelatin in 1 tablespoon cold water; dissolve in 5 tablespoons boiling water.
Add gelatin mixture to chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly.
Beat egg whites until... - 29.6039
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Crease and flour 15 X 10 X 1 inch jelly roll pan.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together onto waxed paper.
Beat egg yolks in small bowl until thick and lemon colored (5 minutes at high speed on the mixer).
Add sugar gradually,... - 44.3429
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line 2 x 18 cm (7 in) round sandwich tins.
2. Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and adding 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the flour... - 42.7292
Strawberry Bavarian Sponge Torte
1) Into the cup of boiling water, dissolve the gelatin
2) Tip in the berries and allow to thicken partially
3) Fold in 1/2 pint of the whipping cream
4) Add in cake cubes and toss to coat
5) Into a greased spongiform or large mixing bowl , empty in... - 43.6164
Cherry Sponge Charlotte
Butter a 600-ml (1-pint) charlotte tin or 12.5-cm (5-in) cake tin.
Arrange the cherries on the bottom with the angelica and raisins.
Trim off the rounded ends of the boudoir biscuits and reserve.
Dip the biscuits in the sherry, and arrange them round the... - 46.7674
Chocolate Cream Sponges
1) Slice the sponge cakes in half.
2) In a bowl, add in butter and icing sugar. Cream together to get a light and fluffy mixture.
3) Place a bowl over hot water. Add in chocolate and keep stirring till it melts.
4) In a bowl, add in the melted... - 42.0345
Put the apricots in a small saucepan with the orange zest and juice and the water.
Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, and simmer gently for 5 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
For the sponge, beat together the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, and... - 42.5755
Orange Rum Yum Cake
Try this Orange Rum Yum Cake the next time you host a party!. I promise you, your guests will love the flavor of this yummy and moist cake. Try this excellent and simple Orange Rum Yum Cake! - 30.9259
Gateau Almond With Buttercream
Melt butter; set aside to cool.
In bowl combine eggs and sugar; stir till just combined.
Set bowl over large saucepan containing 2 inches hot, not boiling, water.
Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, till lukewarm, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from... - 39.0764
Old English Trifle
Old English Trifle is an irresistible recipe which you would surely love to serve to your friends. Enjoy this delicious Old English Trifle; I am sure you would love to try this dish again and again. - 42.6235
Beat the egg whites until they are frothy.
Beat in the sugar until the mixture is stiff and glossy, then quickly beat in the egg yolks until evenly coloured.
Fold in the flour.
Mix the butter and water together until the butter melts, then add to the cake... - 32.7373
Raspberry And Coconut Topping For A Plain Sponge
1. Allow the sponge you want to flavor and soften cool completely before you prepare the topping.
2. In a Pyrex glass bowl, melt the jam in a microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water
3. Using a palette knife spread the jam evenly... - 31.5436
Genoese Sponge With Vanilla Icing
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F, 190°C or Gas No. 5.
2) In a bowl sift the flour twice. Place on a square of greaseproof paper and keep aside.
3) Melt the butter warm but not hot.
4) Grease two 7-inch (18-cm) sponge cake tins. Line the... - 44.9329
Peach Melba Sponge
Drain syrup from peaches into a 2 cup measure; add water to make 13/4 cups; pour 1 cup into a small saucepan.
Dice peaches and set aside.
Heat syrup mixture in saucepan to boiling; stir into gelatin in a medium size bowl until gelatin dissolves; stir in... - 39.2026
1. Mix the sugar, flour and salt in the top of a double boiler. Add the milk gradually, stirring. Cook, stirring, over boiling water until thickened.
2. Beat the egg yolks until blended. Gradually add part of the milk mixture to the yolks, while stirring.... - 34.7019
1. Make cake: Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot water; cool to lukewarm.
2. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; line with wax paper; grease paper.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in small bowl of electric mixer at high... - 44.9261
Orange Cup Souffles
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. Cut 5/2-inch slice from tops of oranges; using teaspoon, scoop out pulp, being careful not to pierce skin. Set orange shells aside. Press some of pulp through strainer to yield 1 tablespoon orange juice; reserve juice. Chop... - 32.1106
1. Butter madeleine molds well; dust with flour, tapping out any excess.
2. Melt butter or margarine over low heat in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Pour into a 1-cup measure; let stand until solids settle to bottom.
3. Beat eggs with granulated sugar... - 32.064
This Baked Alaska makes a dreamy dessert ! Try out this irresisitible coffee ice cream, and raspberry sherbet sponge cake with strawberry topping tonight and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Baked Alaska are welcome ! - 40.1098
The viceroy's dessert is a frozen dessert made with apricot preserves, chocolate and almonds. Made with a sponge cake, the viceroy's dessert is a layered dessert flavored with sherry and brandy. I make this dessert with a bought sponge cake often, but you can... - 44.9089
Paraguayan Corn Bread
Heat oven to 375°.
Stir boiling water into cornmeal in 3-quart bowl; continue stirring until smooth.
Blend in margarine and egg yolks.
Stir in milk, cottage cheese, salt, baking powder, the spices, corn, cheese and onion.
Beat egg whites just until soft... - 38.278
Peach And Raspberry Trifle
Dip the peaches for a second or two, depending on how ripe they are, into boiling water.
Remove the skins and pits and poach in sugar syrup, keeping them firm.
Place in bowl and chill.
Slice the genoise layers horizontally and spread 2 of the cut sides with... - 34.9907
1. Cut the cake in slices crosswise through the cake. With a cookie cutter, cut these slices in small rounds.
2. Put them together in 2 or 3 layers, jelly between.
3. Coat with Boiled Frosting or Icing, then cover thickly with the coconut. - 22.8489
Sponge cake Beat the eggs with sugar until white and foamy.
Then slowly add the flour and coconut.
Mix delicately and pour into the mould.
Cook in the oven at a temperature of 180°C for approximately 30 minutes.
Coconut cream Boil the fresh milk and coconut... - 42.4561
Coffee Cream Cake
Dissolve coffee powder in a little boiling water; cool.
Follow the recipe for Beaten Sponge Cake adding dissolved coffee powder to egg yolks and sugar before beating.
Cut cooled cake horizontally into 2 layers and fill with jam.
To make frosting and... - 44.2819
Delicious Fruit Trifle
Place egg yolks and sugar in stainless steel bowl; beat together with electric beater until mixture forms ribbons.
Mix in milk until well incorporated.
Stir in dark rum and set bowl over saucepan half-filled with hot water.
Cook over medium heat while... - 45.596
Black Forest Cake
Black Forest Cake is very common cake. Black Forest Cake gets its taste from cherries mixed with cornstarch dressed on sponge cake, and sugar icing on top. - 42.9885
Ticktacktoe Jewel Cake
1. Drain syrup from fruit cocktail into a 1-cup measure.
2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a medium-size bowl; stir in 1/2 cup of the fruit syrup.
3. Chill gelatin mixture 30 minutes, or until thick as unbeaten egg white; fold in fruit cocktail. Spoon... - 26.3074
1. Place mascarpone, cream, brandy and sugar in a bowl, mix to combine and set aside. Dissolve coffee powder in boiling water and set aside.
2. Line the base of a 20 cm/8 in square dish with one-third of the sponge fingers. Sprinkle one-third of the coffee... - 33.9382
Walnut Coffee Layer
Try this amazingly delicious Walnut Coffee Layer. This tasty effortlessly prepared chilled Walnut Coffee Layer is the one dish about which you surely would love to talk about with us! - 46.9381
Dobos Torte With Marshmallow
Prepare and bake the cake layers as in the recipe for Prince Regent Cake, opposite.
When cool, fill cake with the following cream mixture.
To make filling, mix a little milk with cornstarch in a medium bowl.
Heat remaining milk with sugar in a small... - 43.6348
Little Corner Restaurant Cake
Prepare Sponge Cake.
Prepare Custard Cream.
Prepare Coffee Zabaglione.
Cream butter in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
Gradually add cooled zabaglione to butter, beating vigorously after each addition.
Refrigerate mixture 2 to 3 minutes to stiffen... - 43.4114
Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake
Make sponge according to directions on packet, but add sifted cocoa before starting to beat.
Pour mixture into greased swiss roll tin (base measures 25cm x 30cm) bake in moderate oven 15 to 20 minutes, turn onto rack to cool.
When cake is cold, split cake in... - 44.8512
Brandy Refrigerator Cake
1. Soak the gelatin in the cold water 5 minutes; place over boiling water to dissolve it. Let it cool.
2. Cream the butter or margarine until soft;gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy.
3. Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each... - 37.4373
Vegan Fruit Cake
This eggless and butterless cake brings a sigh of relief to those minding their waist. Vegans can also now enjoy a traditional style fruit cake. Indulge your sweet tooth for the first time with no worries of fat or calorie issues! - 56.2442
Fruit Layer Gateau
Prepare Beaten Sponge cake and cut into 3 layers.
To make filling, melt nougat in a double boiler over low heat.
Spread over 1 cake layer.
Cover with second layer.
Combine almonds, kirsch, water and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Spread over second... - 46.5352
Chocolate Layer Cake
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4
2) In a plate sift flour and keep aside.
3) In a small basin, measure cocoa powder, add boiling water. Stir the mixture until smooth.
4) In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light.
5)... - 47.0849
Chocolate Cherry Mousse Cake
1 Cut the cake in half horizontally. Reserve one half for another use.
2 For the mousse: In a small saucepan or the microwave, heat 1/2 cup of milk .
3 In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, combine cocoa and sugar . Gradually whisk in the hot milk... - 48.2156
Chocolate Mousse Log Cake
Vanilla sponge cake Whip sugar and eggs by hand, or in a blender and mix well until it foams.
Add a little flour to this mixture while stirring with a spatula.
Then pour a thin layer of about 0.5 cm into a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake in... - 43.9029
Whirligig Pear Cake
1) In a bowl, place together syrup from pears, add more water, if needed, to make 3/4 cup.
2) Stir in the lemon juice in the pear syrup.
3) In a saucepan, place together brown sugar and cornstarch.
4) Pour the syrup mixture in the cornstarch mixture.... - 43.8364
Chocolate Ice Box Cake
Butter and line two 23 x 30 cm/9 x 12 inch Swiss roll tins with greaseproof paper.
Brush with meltedbutter and dust with flour.
Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a mixing bowl, until the mixture falls off the whisk in a thick ribbon.
Fold in the flour and... - 44.3073
Lemon Icebox Cake
Soak gelatin in water.
Split ladyfingers and line bottom and sides of a straight-sided one-quart baking dish with the split halves (or with slices of sponge cake).
In the top of a double boiler, with wire whisk or fork, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon... - 45.2941
Coffee Cream Cake
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Prepare Sponge Cake batter.
Spread batter evenly into greased and lined jell roll pan.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Turn cake out onto wax paper and remove lining paper.
Leave to cool, then cut into 3 even strips lengthwise.
Blend... - 41.3537
Orange Refrigerator Cake
1. In a small pan, melt butter, add flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring; turn the heat off, add milk and whisk, beat in the egg as well
2. Add grated rind and juice of orange and beat; turn the flame on again and let it thicken without... - 47.9556
Women's Day Mimosa Cake
A pretty yellow mimosa cake to celebrate the women in your life... Happy Women's' Day! - 135.132
Honey Custard Icebox Dessert Cake
1. Line the bottom and sides of a straight-sided 1-quart baking dish with slices of White Sheet Cake.
2. Soak gelatin in the cold water until needed.
3. In a heatproof bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale.
4. Gradually beat in the honey.
5. Beat in... - 42.3482
Almond Crunchy Cakes
1. Heat oven to 375°F/190°C (Gas Mark 5).
2. Grease two round 7-inch (18 cm) sponge tins.
3. Line the bases with greaseproof paper.
4. In a pan put the whole almonds with just enough water to cover and bring to boil.
5. Run the nuts... - 43.8252
Christmas Night Gateau
Prepare Beaten Sponge Cake and cut into 3 layers.
To make filling and topping, combine cocoa powder, boiling water and rum in a medium bowl; cool.
Warm cranberry jelly; cool slightly.
Dissolve gelatin in 3 tablespoons water over low heat.
Whip cream with... - 46.7965
Eggless Milkless Cake
This eggless milkless cake is a delectable bite for those counting calories. Enjoy this sweet and spongy cake with tea and feel light at tummy! - 49.084
Chocolate Cherry Cake
An exotic cake combining the rich taste of chocolate and brandy with the refreshing flavour of cherries.
Butter and line a 23 cm/9 inch round cake tin with greaseproof paper.
Brush the paper with melted butter and dust with flour.
Whisk the egg yolks with the... - 49.3212