- » Boiled Silverside
Boiled Silverside Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled silverside recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled silverside recipes.
Place the joint in a saucepan with the vegetables and bay leaves and cover with water.
Bring to the boil, remove the scum, then cover and simmer gently for about 2 1/2 hours.
Allow to cool slightly in the liquor then drain and place in a roasting tin.
Stud... - 36.8669
Soak the silverside for several hours, changing the water once or twice to get rid of excess salt.
Put into a large saucepan with the bouquet garni and cover with fresh cold water.
Bring slowly to the boil and remove scum.
Simmer for an hour and a half.
Now... - 29.5005
You May Also Like!
Order the joint well ahead, to enable the butcher to salt it for you. Soak the meat for several hours or overnight, then drain and rinse. Put it in a large pan with the vegetables, cover with water and bring slowly to the boil. Remove any scum, cover with a... - 24.6422
Spiced Corned Silverside With Fruit Glaze
1. Cook the beef by washing well in cold water and placing in a large saucepan and covering with warm water. Add whole peppercorns, 1 sliced onion, bay leaf and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours until almost tender. Do not boil. Leave the meat in the liquid to... - 27.3549
Boiled Corned Beef
Boiled corn beef makes a deliciuos meal! Try out this easy dish any day! Feel free to comment on the Boiled Corn Beef once you try it out! - 31.9229
New England Boiled Dinner
Rinse silverside in cold water.
Place in large saucepan and cover with warm water.
Add quartered onion, turnip, bay leaf and peppercorns.
Bring to a slow boil, cover tightly and simmer for 2 hours.
Lift out beef, strain liquid to remove flavorings.
Return... - 40.4681
Boiled Salt Beef And Onions
Tie the meat into a neat shape.
Put into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Add peppercorns, cloves and herbs tied together in a small piece of muslin.
Cover pan and simmer for If hours.
Add carrots and onions to pan and simmer for... - 48.0572
Boiled Beef And Vegetables
Wipe the meat with a damp cloth and tie into a neat shape with string.
Put into a pan and cover with boiling salted water.
Bring to the boil again and boil for 5 min to seal the surface.
Reduce to simmering point, add the cloves, peppercorns and herbs and... - 40.9945
Boiled Beef With Dumplings
Put the meat into a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring slowly to the boil, skimming the surface several times.
Add the bouquet garni, peppercorns and onion.
Half cover and simmer for 1 1/4 hours.
Remove the bouquet garni and onion and skim... - 41.4756
Boiled Beef Dinner
1. In a large heavy-based saucepan cover meat, add brown sugar, vinegar, mint, onion and peppercorns with enough water, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for / 1/4- / 1/2 hours.
2. To the pan add carrots, onions and parsnips and cook over... - 42.0645
Boiled Beef Dinner
1. Place meat in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add brown sugar, vinegar, mint, onion, peppercorns and enough water to cover meat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours.
2. Add carrots, onions and parsnips to pan and cook over a... - 34.4374
Boiled Beef And Carrots
Soak the meat in cold water overnight.
Drain it and place in a large saucepan, pour over enough water to cover and add the cloves and peppercorns.
Bring to the boil, skim, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes per 500 g (1 lb) plus 25... - 39.3536