- » Boiled Frosting
Boiled Frosting Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled frosting recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled frosting recipes.
Boiled frosting is a cooked sugar frosting. Flavored with vanilla, the boiled frosting is a stiff frosting and can be used on cakes or rolls or even sweet baked buns or breads. - 37.7437
In a saucepan heat sugar and water gently until sugar is dissolved.
Dissolve cream of tartar in 1 teaspoon water, add to sugar syrup, cover and bring to a boil.
Boil 2 minutes, remove the lid, insert sugar thermometer and boil sugar syrup steadily without... - 34.3119
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan, place on low heat with ½ a cup of water and sugar.
2. Dissolve the sugar on low heat without stirring.
3. Prepare a cream of tartar paste with 1 teaspoon water and add to sugar syrup.
4. Place a candy thermometer in the... - 33.6925
Coconut Boiled Frosting
Combine sugar, cream of tartar, salt, and water.
Heat, stirring to dissolve sugar; then boil without stirring to 240°F., or until a little dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that holds its shape.
Gradually add syrup, with extract, to egg whites,... - 33.1406
Dissolve the sugar in the water over low heat.
Stir in a pinch of cream of tartar and bring to a boil.
Boil rapidly until the syrup reaches 240°F (115°C) on a candy thermometer.
Meanwhile, beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff.
Beating constantly, pour... - 32.1358
Boiled frosting is a cake frosting prepared with egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. Flavored with vanilla, the boiled frosting is made by boiling sugar, water and corn syrup and beaten to a spreading consistency. - 31.6273
Boiled Frosting is used to make cakes. Boiled Frosting gets its taste from cream of tartar mixed with egg whites and almonds. - 31.0215
1. Combine the sugar, water and corn syrup in a saucepan. Place over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is boiling. Cover the saucepan and boil 3 minutes. Continue the cooking without stirring to the soft ball stage, 236° to 240°... - 28.3699
Orange Boiled Frosting
Cook sugar, corn syrup, and water together until small amount of syrup forms a soft ball in cold water, or until it reaches 242°F.
on a candy thermometer.
Pour gradually over salted egg whites, beating constantly until frosting has right consistency to... - 27.8965
Vanilla Boiled Frosting
1. Bring to a boil the sugar, corn syrup and water, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Continue cooking to 242° F. (syrup forms a firm ball in cold water).
2. In an electric mixer or a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add the syrup... - 24.3229
Fluffy Boiled Frosting
1. In heavy 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat sugar, water, corn syrup, and salt to boiling, stirring occasionally. Set candy thermometer in place and continue cooking, without stirring, until temperature reaches 260°F. or hard-ball stage (when small... - 24.2473
Boiled Frosting Recipes By Category