- » Boiled Chestnut
Boiled Chestnut Recipes
Enjoy our collection of boiled chestnut recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for boiled chestnut recipes.
I originally made this Chestnut Stuffing for my spouse but I can't stop eating it now! It is an ideal stuffing. You will love this delicious Chestnut Stuffing recipe for your vegetables! Dont miss it, Try it! - 47.9699
Chestnut Soup With Chicken Stock
1. Make a slit on the flat side of each chestnut.
2. Peel onion and chop finely.
3. Wash celery and chop them.
4. In a saucepan, place the prepared chestnut and add boiling water to cover them; boil gain and simmer for 10 minutes.
5.... - 43.7642
Beef And Chestnut Pie
Trim the meat and cut into 25cm (1 in) cubes.
Fry in butter and oil until well browned.
Transfer to an ovenproof casserole.
Fry the onions until lightly browned and add to the casserole.
Stir the flour into the pan, cook for 1 minute, gradually add stock and... - 42.5938
Roasted Turkey With Chestnut Stuffing
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
First make the stuffing.
Put the chestnuts into a saucepan with the stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes or until the chestnuts are tender.
Puree the chestnuts in a food mill... - 42.0205
1) Make a crisscross cut on top of each chestnut.
2) In a large saucepan, place water chestnuts and cover with water.
3) Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain, cool and peel the chestnuts.
5) Mash the... - 40.1394
1) Add the chestnuts into a pot of boiling water. Allow the mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
2) While the chestnuts are still warm, peel their skins off.
3) Immediately, transfer them into another pot containing the stock or water flavored with chicken... - 38.1824
Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion; saute 4 minutes.
Add celery and carrot; saute 6 minutes.
Add potato and next 5 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
Place chestnut mixture in a blender; cover and... - 36.8938
1) Make a crisscross cut on the top of each chestnut.
2) In a saucepan, bring the water to boil.
3) Cook the chestnuts in the water until its shells burst and chestnuts are soft.
4) Drain, cool and remove the shells of chestnuts.
5) Force... - 36.6757
Cream Of Chestnut Soup
Boil chestnuts about 1 hour, shell, and pound them to a fine paste.
Place in a soup pot and cover with water.
Add vegetables, chicken stock, and seasoning.
Boil together until celery and onion are tender; thicken with the flour and butter rubbed to a... - 34.4152
Turkey Chestnut Salad
1. Using a sharp paring knife, cut an X on one flat side of each chestnut.
2. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat and add the chestnuts. When the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, partially... - 34.335
1. If you are using fresh chestnuts, use a small sharp knife to slit the shell of each chestnut across the rounded side. Put them into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Lift out the... - 32.4147
Peel and skin chestnuts as in preceding recipe.
Put them into the boiling stock with a little salt and stew gently until tender (use barely enough stock to cover).
Put the chestnuts through a wire sieve.
Put them back into the pan, add the butter and... - 29.7509
Tangy Beet And Chestnut Combo
Bring chicken broth and salt to a boil in a large non-stick skillet; add beets, vinegar and brown sugar, stirring well.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Uncover; cook 10 minutes or until beets are tender.
Stir in chestnuts and cook until... - 27.312
Root Vegetable Pear And Chestnut Ragout
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the celery root and boil until tender, about 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a large baking sheet. Add the turnips to the pot and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking... - 26.3761
Place chestnuts in boiling water; cook until tender.
Remove skins; press through sieve.
Add salt, pepper and cream.
Pour milk into chestnut mixture gradually; place over low heat until heated through.
Serve with chicken or turkey. - 26.3739
Cook the chestnuts in boiling water until they are tender, then remove the shells and skins.
Sieve the chestnuts to make a puree.
Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in the chestnut puree.
Melt the chocolate gently in a heatproof basin over a pan... - 23.9659
Chocolate Chestnut Truffles
In a small saucepan bring the cream just to a boil, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the chocolate, whisking the mixture until the chocolate is melted completely.
Whisk in the rum, whisking until the mixture is smooth, and stir in the marrons... - 23.5731
Candied Chestnut And Vanilla Ice Cream With Hot Fudge Sauce
In a bowl stir together well the ice cream and the marrons glaces and freeze the mixture, its surface covered with plastic wrap, for 2 to 3 hours, or until it is firm.
In a heavy saucepan boil the cream, stirring occasionally, until it is reduced to about 1... - 23.0976
Peel the chestnuts and boil in water.
Skin them carefully, then cook them in sugar until they become dry on the outside - 13.5677