- » Blender French Soup
Blender French Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of blender french soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for blender french soup recipes.
Tomato Soup French Style
The tomato soup french style is a flavorful soup made with a lot of vegetables and the flavor of three mixed herbs. Cooked with added bacon for a meaty taste, the tomato soup french style is best served with garlicky croutons on top. Steaming hot, this soup... - 42.0875
French Vegetable Soup
1. Saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
2. Add remaining ingredients except beans and sour cream. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
3. Add beans. (Beans may be pureed in blender if desired.)
4. Heat through. Serve hot. - 36.0587
French Cottage Sprout Soup
Cook Brussels sprouts according to package directions, using 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water; drain, if necessary.
Meanwhile, heat butter in a large heavy saucepan.
Blend in a mixture of the flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly.
Gradually add the... - 41.1761
French Turnip Soup
1. Remove the skin of turnip and dice them properly. Rinse them by running under the cold water.
2. Get rid of the roots and coarsely halve the outer leaves from the leek, and rinse them by running thoroughly under the cold water and get rid of all... - 44.3212
French Country Vegetable Soup
Place butter in a 3 quart casserole or soup tureen.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds.
Stir in green onions, onion, celery, and carrot.
Cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
Mix... - 43.5719
French Carrot Soup
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic in it.
Add the potatoes and carrots and stir-fry for 4—5 minutes.
Then add the vegetable stock, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Puree the vegetables... - 39.1236
French Green Soup
Cook watercress and potato in 1 1/2 qts.
boiling water for 25 minutes in covered pot.
Put slightly cooled liquid and vegetable in blender and puree .
Return to pot and heat.
Melt margarine or butter in skillet, add bread cubes and brown.
Add egg yolks to hot... - 31.475
French Breakfast Soup
Wash leeks under running water to get out all the sand in the tight layers.
Chop white part and about 2 inches of the tender green.
Chop onion coarsely.
Cook leek and onion in butter in large heavy pot until soft but not brown.
Add potato, water and 1 1/2... - 42.3095
French Tomato Soup
French Tomato Soup is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious French Tomato Soup recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 40.8825
French Tomato Soup
1. Heat the bacon pieces in a pan. When the fat has run, add the butter. When it has melted, add the onions and cook gently for 5-6 minutes until tender and golden brown. Add the tomatoes and tomato puree, lemon rind, stock, salt, pepper, sugar, and herbs.... - 34.7345
Chilled French Vegetable Soup
Using a large soup kettle, saute onions in butter until glazed.
Add broth, turnips, carrots, garlic, and nutmeg.
Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer 20 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
Whirl in a blender or force through a food mill until... - 41.1385
French Lentil Soup
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic; saute until vegetables begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
Add 4 cups broth, lentils, and tomatoes with juice and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover,... - 40.2344
French Tomato Soup
In a very large frying pan, melt butter.
Add onion and saute" 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
Add "bacon" bits, tomatoes, peel, broth, and herbs.
Bring to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender.
Put soup through blender, if... - 40.0372
Potage Saint Germain
This Potage Saint Germain is a delicious creamy pea soup with pepper seasonings and bacon. Try this Potage Saint Germain and let me know if you like it. - 39.1765
Chilled Summer Bisque
1 In a medium size saucepan,empty the soup mix.
2 Gradually stir in water until well blended.
3 Heat, stirring constantly, just to boiling. Stir in evaporated milk.
4 Cover and simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
5 Pour into a pitcher and chill... - 34.4361
Minty Petit Pois & Gammon Soup With Potato Croutons
1. Chop potatoes into cubes.
2. In a sauce pan, boil potatoes with butter cube.
3. In a pan, heat some oil and cook boiled potatoes, add onions and gammon. Add garlic and cook for a while.
4. In a bowl, combine onions, mint and peas.... - 0
Heat the oil in a saucepan; saute the scallions and onions 10 minutes but do not let brown.
Add the potatoes, spinach, parsley and broth.
Bring to a boil and cook over low heat 30 minutes.
Puree in an electric blender or force through a sieve.
Stir in the... - 38.6638
As you all should know (ok, no one cares but me) it’s Julia Child’s 100th birthday this month! She is the queen of food. I’m obsessed. You know that movie Julie and Julia?… that’s basically me. But I’m not famous. Anyways, in honor of her birthday... - 135.685
In saucepan, combine all ingredients except nutmeg.
Heat; stir occasionally.
Pour into electric blender; blend until smooth.
Chill 6 hours or more.
Thin to desired consistency. - 26.2147
Spring Potato Soup
Combine 1 can (10 1/4 oz.) frozen cream of potato soup, 2 1/2 cups regular-strength chicken broth, and 1 cup milk.
Whirl in blender and heat (or just combine ingredients and heat).
Sprinkle with thinly sliced green onion tops. - 25.4959
1 Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
2 Coat pan with cooking spray and add shallots and celery.
3 Cook for 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
4 Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5 Stir in vermouth and cook for 1... - 108.296
A delicious Lobster Bisque recipe with chicken broth & lots of other great flavors. A wonderful combination of flavors. I am sure you would love cooking this for your family and friends. - 37.7397
Crème De Tomato En Croute
This wonderful tomato soup recipe comes from the Bistro Jeanty restaurant (one of my favourite spots) in Yountville, California. I love the cuisine and the delightful French ambiance of this bistro. The minute you open the door the aromas from the kitchen... - 54.5907
Creamy Mushroom Soup
In a wide frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring, until onion is limp and juices evaporate.
Stir in flour and cook until bubbly; remove from heat.
Gradually stir in milk.
Add bouillon cube (breaking up with spoon)... - 42.4146
Split Pea And Green Pea Soup With Fresh Dill
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
Add leek and bay leaf.
Saute until leek wilts, about 3 minutes.
Add split peas and stir to coat.
Add 51/4 cups broth; bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Cover and simmer until split peas are just... - 39.2741
Heat leeks and onion in butter in large skillet until transparent; do not brown.
Add potatoes, stock, and salt; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Pour into blender; puree.
Stir in cream and Tabasco.
Strain through sieve; chill. - 36.6652
Cream Of Brie Soup
In a 3-quart kettle, saute the onion and the celery in the butter until limp.
Stir in the flour.
Remove from the heat.
Stir in the milk and chicken broth using a whisk to mix well.
Return to the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until the soup... - 41.204
Betty's Vichyssoise (potato And Leek Soup)
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Vichyssoise. This is a potato and leek soup that is served cold. Making this dish was inspired by our recent trip to the farmers' market, where we bought leeks. - 0
Cream Of Vegetable Soup Normandy
Melt butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat.
Add carrots, leeks, onions, and turnips .and saute until golden.
Add potatoes, stock and salt (if necessary) and pepper to taste Increase heat and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until... - 40.8288
Pear Brie Soup
1. In medium saucepan, add in pears, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and 1 cup of the chicken broth, stir.
2. Bring the contents to boil.
3. Decrease heat, cook under cover for 15 to 20 minutes until pears are tender.
4. Puree mixture in a food processor bowl... - 47.0611
1) Spray the cooking spray in a Dutch oven and keep over medium heat.
2) SautÃ© the onions.
3) Mix water, bouillon granules and flour. Stir well and add to the sautÃ©ed onions.
4) Add milk and cook over medium heat.
5) Add cheese and cook for few... - 48.5567
Heat the butter in a large, heavy pan.
Add the onion and garlic and fry slowly until soft.
Add the cauliflower, water and stock cubes then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Sieve the soup or puree in a blender.
Return it to the pan and check seasoning.
Stir in the... - 42.1994
Soup De Laitues
In blender or food processor, finely chop lettuce, a cup or so at a time, using stock if needed for moisture.
Add to rest of stock with watercress.
Saute onion, bell pepper, garlic and herbs in butter until soft; add seasonings and combine with stock... - 41.488
Carrot And Parsnip Soup
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the carrots, parsnips and onion and try, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Add the consomme and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
Allow to cool slightly, then... - 40.8715
Carrot And Potato Soup
1. In a large saucepan melt butter. Add leeks and cook for several minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper.
3. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
4. Transfer the hot soup in blender or food... - 43.1373
Parsnip Butternut Bisque
It's soup season. And this week Toni's making a stick to your ribs hearty soup using fall crops. Butternut squash and parsnips. And it pairs nicely with one of Toni's pizza's. Interesting note: according to Wikipedia Squash has historically been pollinated by... - 122.573
Shrimp Bisque Seasoned With Curry Powder
1. Into a blender jar with grating blade, put together all ingredients and process for 20 seconds until smooth.
2. In a saucepan, heat mixture and or chill in refrigerator.
3. Serve soup in bowl and garnish with tiny whole shrimps,... - 32.0625
Chilled Summer Bisque
1. In a medium saucepan, empty soup mix and stir in water until well blended.
2. Heat, stirring constantly, bringing to a boil
3. Stir in evaporated milk
4. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Refrigerate the soup overnight or for 4... - 36.9495
Mae Clarke Boula Bouillon
Blend cooked peas in an electric blender with 1/2 cup turtle soup until well pureed.
Place in saucepan with butter, salt, pepper and remaining turtle soup.
Mix and blend well.
Heat to boiling point.
Pour soup in heatproof serving cups.
Garnish... - 39.1761
Potage Puree Du Barry
1) Cook potatoes and cauliflower in milk until vegetables are tender.
2) Add a pinch of salt.
3) In a blender, make a puree of the vegetables.
4) Add the remaining milk in the puree and dilute it.
5) Check seasoing.
6) Garnish with chopped... - 36.0748
Potage Au Cresson
1. Melt half the butter in a heavy pan, add the leeks and watercress stalks and fry gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the stock and potatoes, and salt and pepper to taste, then bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.... - 35.9373
1) In a heavy pan melt half the butter. Fry onions gently for 5 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in stock and add carrots. Bring to the boil.
3) Reduce heat, add salt and pepper, then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
4) Add rice and simmer for a 30 minutes until... - 42.2668
1) Melt the margarine in a large soup pot and saute the onions. Add the potatoes and broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Add the beans, carrots, celery, peas and spinach and gently simmer for about 45 minutes.
3) Add the salt, pepper and celery... - 42.0452
1) In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute carrots and turnips.
2) Put the lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in potatoes, water and season to taste.
4) Allow to the boil, and simmer,... - 46.8456
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onions and saute until tender, about five minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, seasonings and three-quarters cup water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer fifteen minutes or until the... - 38.3147
1. Using a blender or a mixer blend together mushroom and asparagus soups.
2. Add to a pan, stir in milk and cream and heat just to boiling.
3. Add crab, heat through and stir in wine just before serving.
4. Float butter, pat atop soup and garnish with... - 38.6428
1 In a pan, add the peas and cover with cold water.
2 Bring to a boil and drain
3 Return the peas back to the pan along with butter, chicken stock, onion and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
4 Cover and simmer until the peas are tender and... - 41.9848
Golden Squash And Carrot Bisque
1. In a saucepan mix together and boil sliced summer squash, carrots, onion, chicken broth, and salt.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or till carrots are just tender; do not over cook.
3. Pour half the mixture into a... - 41.2427
Fresh Corn Bisque With Green Onions
In large saucepan or soup kettle, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Stir in turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
Add bay leaf and water; bring to simmer.
Cut corn kernels from cobs and set aside.
Add... - 46.0515
1 In a large saucepan,put butter or margerine and saute onion lightly.
2 Add water and heat to boiling; remove from the heat.
3 Beat in the instant mashed potato, salt, pepper and mace until creamy-thick, then beat in evaporated milk and pumpkin. (If... - 43.6989
Delicious Shrimp Bisque
In a 2-quart casserole, combine the celery, leeks or onions, garlic, and margarine or butter.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the margarine or butter is melted.
Stir in the potatoes.
Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes, or... - 47.8423
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the carrot and leek for several minutes.
Cut the white fish into cubes, add to the pan and stir and fry for another few minutes.
Sprinkle in the cornflour and stir until fat is absorbed.
Add the wine, water, tomato... - 44.3287
Asparagus And Potato Bisque
In saucepan, combine potato, onion, and water or chicken stock; cover and simmer until potato is nearly tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut asparagus into about 1 1/2-inch lengths (4 cm).
Add to potato mixture; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until... - 42.9879
Prawn Shrimp Bisque
1. Place prawns (shrimp), onion and tomato paste (puree) in a food processor or blender and process to make a puree. With machine running, slowly add stock and process to combine.
2. Place prawn (shrimp) mixture in a saucepan and cook over a low heat,... - 32.2238
Potage Pays Anne
1) Rinse the carrots, turnips and parsnips and peel them. Finely dice all the vegetables.
2) From the leeks, remove the roots as well as the outer coarse leaves. Rinse properly under cold running water and coarsely chop/
3) Rinse the celery well... - 46.5483
Put 2 tablespoons of stock in a large, heavy-bottom pot.
Add the leeks, onions, and fennel and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are wilted.
Do not let the vegetables brown.
Add more stock, if necessary.
Add the... - 38.2024
Cream Of Carrot Soup
Slice carrots, onion and celery; place in saucepan with half the stock.
Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover, simmer 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, add salt, pepper and rice.
Puree in electric blender or rub through a fine sieve.
Beat in remaining stock and... - 34.3382
Cream Of Lettuce Soup
Pour broth into a 3-quart pan; bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir in lettuce; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until lettuce is completely limp (8 to 10 minutes).
Pour lettuce mixture, a portion at a time, into a blender or food processor; add butter and... - 34.1347
Fresh Spinach Soup
1) Thoroughly wash and drain the spinach leaves.
2) In a thick-bottomed saucepan, put the spinach with butter.
3) Simmer the spinach gently, by constant stirring, until soft and tender.
4) In an electric blender, place the spinach to... - 42.7927
Chat 'n Dish: Provencal Tomato Rice Soup
A light and fresh tomato soup with just a hint of orange and saffron. Bring Mediterranean sunshine into your home any time of the year with this delightfully easy and delicious soup! - 0
Creamy Cauliflower Au Gratin Soup
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, combine soup mix with water.
2. Place pot over medium flame.
3. Add celery and cauliflower to the pot.
4. Boil the vegetables for a few minutes.
5. Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes until the... - 42.6594
Cream Of Carrot Soup
In large saucepan, melt 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter; cook shallots over very low heat for 5 minutes without browning, stirring frequently.
Add carrots, celery, rice, thyme and stock; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
In blender, puree cooked vegetables and stock... - 44.016
Cream Of Lettuce Soup
1. In 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
2. Stir in leek or onion and sautÃ© till tender.
3. Add lettuce and cook covered over simmering heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add flour and stir.
5. Mix parsley, seasonings and chicken broth.
6. Cook over simmering heat... - 41.717
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1) In the cooker, place together mushrooms, onions, stock or water and stock cube, bay leaf and seasoning.
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Put the lid on the cooker and heat to high pressure.
4) Allow to cook the... - 45.449
Soupe De Legumes
Heat the butter in a large heavy pan, such as a Dutch oven.
Add the onion, shallots or green onions, and leeks; saute slowly, stirring, until the vegetables are golden, about 7 minutes.
Add the potatoes, turnips, carrot, tomato, salt, and chicken broth or... - 36.246
Combine butter and leeks in 2-quart casserole.
Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Cook, covered, with lid, at HIGH 3 minutes and at MEDIUM 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice, potatoes.
With electric mixer, blender or food processor,... - 43.2195
Potato Soup Parmentier
Peel and dice potatoes.
Chop leeks fine, browning them very lightly in a little butter.
Put both in a covered pot; add water to cover, and salt.
Cover pot; cook on medium to slow heat until both vegetables are done.
Pass entire mixture through food mill or... - 43.8809
1. Chop the carrot, onion and celery.
2. Take a large pot and sauté these vegetables over butter at medium heat for 5 minutes or until they change the color to golden. Stir them occasionally during the cooking period.
3. Clean the broccolis by... - 43.5015
1. Clean the clean leeks or onions. Halve lengthwise and cut into thin slices.
2. In a pan heat butter. Add leeks or onions and cook until light colour.
3. Add potatoes, salt, and chicken broth.
4. Cook mixture over simmering heat for 35... - 44.1369
Fresh Tomato Soup Provencale
In saucepan, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, chicken stock; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Transfer to blender or food processor; add tomato paste and process until smooth.
Stir in parsley, basil, thyme and milk; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover... - 37.779
Cauliflower Soup With Curried Apple
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium low heat.
Add cauliflower, onion, leek, and bay leaf; saute until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
Add wine; simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
Add broth and cream.
Bring to... - 48.5212
1. Using potato peeler skin the asparagus and trim tough ends.
2. Tie together in 3 bunches.
3. In a large pot of salted water simmer asparagus until tender.
4. Drain out the bundles and keep in a sink of cold water.
5. Let it cool and... - 45.6405
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Place the canned milk and cream cheese in a blender and process until smooth and creamy; set aside.
Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to 350°, about 4 minutes.
Add the... - 45.7333
Vegetable Soup With Basil Pistou
1. Take a saucepan and combine beans and the water, bring the mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; cover and let it stand for about 1 hour but do not drain.
3. Return to boiling; cover and simmer for about 1... - 46.6495
Vichyssoise For Parties
In saucepan, combine soup and milk.
Heat; stir occasionally.
Beat until smooth with electric blender; or use rotary beater or electric mixer and strain.
Chill 6 hours or more.
Thin to desired consistency. - 26.2182
Sweet Potato, Apple And Rutabaga Bisque
1. Peel all the vegetables and cut them into ½ in. cubes.
2. In a heavy bottom pot heat about a ¼ cup of oil, then add rutabaga and cook for two to three minutes before adding the sweet potato.
3. Keep stirring so the vegetables to... - 102.082
Creme Vichyssoise With Heavy Cream
1. Cut off roots and discard tough leaves from leeks. Cut each leek lengthwise in half; rinse with running cold water to remove sand. Cut the white part of the leeks and enough of the green tops crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to make 2 cups. (Use leftover... - 37.18
Corn Bisque is the perfect soup to start your weekend luncheons with. The thick and creamy Corn Bisque is sure to be a great introduction to your spread! - 44.0894
Sweet Potato Bisque
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
Put into a saucepan, add the celery, and cook, covered, in a small amount of water 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel, core, and chop the apple.
Melt the butter and, when hot, add the shallots and saute 1 minute.
Add the apple... - 45.0352
1. Wash, trim and dice the eggplant, zucchini and carrots. Peel and coarsely chop the onions and garlic; set aside.
2. Place the tomatoes and their liquid in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, zucchini, onions,... - 37.1574
Why not try this unique French style tomato soup with a crispy puff pastry topping. Watch this video for this amazing French country cuisine, that is simple, delicious and elegant. If you are looking for a great way to boost up your diet, this video is highly... - 114.242
Video 4 Home Canning Vegetables; Soup And Ratatouille
This making and canning vegetables and soups video is a great way to deal with surprise guests. You can preserve your own fresh vegetables, soups or even ratatouille and use it whenever you need it. What better way to save your time when you want to spend it... - 85.3236
Brittany Bean Soup
1. In a large pan, soak the beans in distilled water overnight or for 3-6 hours
2. In a large pan, heat the oil
3. Add the vegetables and the garlic to the pan and stir fry till golden brown
4. Add the tomato puree, bouquet garni, and... - 41.4997
Potage Parmentier is a french vegetable soup made with leeks and potatoes as the key ingredients. Cooked in milk and chicken stock, the Potage Parmentier is seasoned to taste and is simple yet flavorful. - 42.4843
Potage Creme De Cresson
Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and cook until soft, but not browned.
Add the watercress and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
Gradually stir in the fonds blanc de veau or chicken stock, bring to the boil... - 40.8576
Potage Creme De Tomates
1) In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter with olive oil.
2) Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste.
4) Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Stir in the flour using a wooden spatula.
6) Add stock, sugar,... - 46.5496
Tomato Soup Dressing
In blender container combine soup, vinegar, oil, sugar, grated onion, dry mustard, salt, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne.
Cover and blend till smooth.
Transfer to storage container.
Cover and chill.
Shake again just before serving. - 35.5806
1) Halve the cantaloupe, discard seeds, peel and cut into pieces.
2) In a food processor or blender, process the melon, lemon juice, lime juice and honey until pureed.
3) Refrigerate the puree until chilled.
4) Stir and spoon... - 32.7814
Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven; cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Puree in an electric blender.
Stir in half and half, and chill.
Garnish with chives. - 31.6483
Red Pepper Soup
1. Slice thinly 6 of the peppers, the carrots, shallots, garlic, and pear.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet and saute the sliced vegetables and pear over medium-low heat until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the stock, dried red pepper, cayenne... - 41.1448
Soy Bean Soup Bistro Style
Trim root ends and tough outer leaves from leeks.
Slit each leek lengthwise, rinse between layers, then thinly slice.
In a 5 quart pan over medium heat, melt butter.
Add leeks and onion (or use all onion), celery, and carrot.
Cook, stirring, until onion is... - 48.2422
Red Pepper Soup
1. On a broiler pan arrange pepper halves cut side down.
2. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 15 minutes until charred.
3. Take off pan and keep in a plastic bag.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes to steam.
5. Peel pepper skin and chop finely.
6. In large... - 49.0347
Hot Leek Soup
1. Cut and discard the green tops and white base of leeks.
2. Lengthwise Cut the leeks through its centre and wash well in cold water.
3. Finely Shred the leeks.
4. Peel potatoes and cut into large dice.
5. in a saucepan, Melt the butter... - 40.2705
Use only the white part of the leeks.
Cut them in quarters lengthwise and wash well.
Drain and chop.
Melt the butter in a pan and cook the leeks gently until softened but not brown.
Add potatoes, salt and pepper, and water barely to... - 41.3051
Slice leeks 1/4 inch thick, using white part plus about 1 inch of lightest green leek.
Melt butter in a large heavy pan and saute leeks and chopped onion, covered, over a low heat until soft (about 10 minutes).
Add chicken stock, sliced potato, parsley,... - 40.4069
Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over moderate heat.
Add the leeks, onion and potatoes and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Place stock mixture and milk in a food processor or... - 34.713
Sweet Potato Bisque
1. Wash the sweet potatoes but do not peeled; cut into cubes.
2. In a pot of boiling water, add sweet potato cubes; cover and boil until tender.
3. Drain and mash the potatoes.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine mash potato with... - 34.5814