- » Black Rye
Black Rye Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Black Rye recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Black Rye recipes.
Nana's Black Rye Bread
To make the leavening: Combine lukewarm milk and rye flour in bowl; mix well.
Let stand in warm place until mixture begins to bubble and sour.
To make the bread: Bring water to a boil in saucepan.
Add 1/2 of the rye flour, stirring until dough resembles thick... - 46.336
Raisin Black Rye Bread
1. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the one cup of all purpose flour, one cup rye flour, yeast, bran cereal and salt and mix well
2. In another saucepan, tip in the milk, ½ cup of water, molasses, oil and chocolate and heat this... - 47.3606
Black Russian Rye Bread
In Bosch mixing bowl, soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water, vinegar, molasses, carob powder, butter or margarine, salt, Postum, dehydrated onion, caraway seed, and fennel seed.
Heat to lukewarm.
Add to yeast... - 39.765
Combine first four ingredients and let sit until bubbly.
Mix cornmeal with warm coffee and add molasses, salt, yeast mixture and whole wheat flour.
Stir well and add enough rye meal to make a firm dough.
Knead on a board sprinkled with rye meal, using more as... - 43.8003
1) To make the yeast, add sugar to the water and sprinkle the yeast all over. Stir properly and allow to stand for about 15 minutes till the mixture is frothy.
2) To prepare the dough, into a bowl, sieve the flours and salt.
3) To the milk, add the... - 43.7514
Pheasant Black Bread
1. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans with butter or baking spray and dust the base and sides with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F about 20 minutes before baking
3. Combine the flours a basin.
4. In a large bowl, add half of flour... - 47.1683
Russian Black Bread
Combine rye flour, cereal, yeast, caraway seeds, coffee granules, salt, sugar and fennel seeds in bowl; mix well.
Combine 2 1/2 cups water, butter, vinegar, molasses and chocolate in saucepan; mix well.
Cook over medium heat until chocolate is soft and... - 49.6279
Dark Delicatessen Rye Bread
Pour sugar into a heavy 10-inch frying pan.
Place over medium-high heat until sugar is melted; stir constantly with a fork.
Continue to cook until sugar smokes and is very dark (about 2 1/2 minutes).
When all the sugar is black, add boiling water and continue... - 43.0019
Ham And Rye Balls
Dice the ham and mix with the rye groats, the herbs and spices and the cheese.
Beat the eggs with 2 tablespoons of oil and 1-2 tablespoons of water, and blend with the ham and rye mixture.
Let the batter soak for 10 minutes, then form small balls and roll... - 32.1868
Curried Chicken Livers Over Rye Toast
1. Trim the chicken livers of any stringy parts, cut them in half, and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When the butter turns golden brown, add the livers and cook them until brown on one side,... - 39.4812
Hot Savory Bread
1. Pre heat an oven at 200°C (400°F).
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and mustard. Mix well and apply on the rye loaf slices.
3. Arrange slices again into a loaf shape and wrap in foil.
4. Bake in pre heated oven for 25... - 39.1971
Rye Bread With Avocado
Rinse, drain and finely chop the shrimp.
Butter the bread and cut each slice into 3 equal parts.
Peel the onion and chop with the washed red pepper.
Wash and shake the dill dry, then chop.
Mix the onion, dill, shrimp, and red pepper with the lemon juice.
Peel... - 37.1147
Ham And Cheese On Rye Strata
Combine ham and bread cubes and spread in greased baking pan.
Sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
Mix together remaining ingredients in bowl and pour over ham, bread, and cheese.
Top with remaining cheese and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably... - 37.5221
Russian Rye Cookies
1. Set aside 1 tablespoon of sugar. In a medium bowl, beat remaining sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in com syrup, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Mix all-purpose flour, rye flour, baking powder,... - 39.0277
Tomato And Cucumber On Rye
1. In a bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, green onions and celery.
2. To make dressing, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, chili and black pepper to taste in a screw top jar. Shake well to combine and pour over tomato salad.
3. Divide watercress... - 37.1951
Rye Herb Bread
1 In a bowl, add seasonings to creamed butter; mix well.
2 On each slice of bread, spread mixture generously and reassemble the loaf.
3 Wrap in aluminum foil and heat in 400°Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
4 Can be served with... - 38.1698
Boston Cornmeal And Rye Abrown Bread
Remove labels from four empty 1 lb/450 g rust-free food cans.
Sterilize the cans, dry and grease lightly.
Sieve wholemeal flour, commeal or maizemeal, rye flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
Stir in treacle and buttermilk to form a smooth... - 37.4717
Rye Berry And Barley Salad
1. In a large pot place barley and rye berries together with water.
2. Boil and cover the pot while lowering the heat. Simmer for 1 1/4 hours so that the excess water is absorbed and the grains turn tender.
3. In a colander place all the grains. Run... - 49.1873
Grind dried corn as fine as possible in food mill or electirc blender.
Add water and set aside to soak for approximately 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim off fat and any arteries from the heart and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Dust with wheat germ and flour.
Saute in... - 40.248