- » Black Cod
Black Cod Recipes
Enjoy our collection of black cod recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for black cod recipes.
Black Cod With Chinese Mustard Sauce
Black Cod With Chinese Mustard Sauce has a Fabulous taste.The Mustard and Honey gives the Black Cod With Chinese Mustard Sauce Majestic taste. must catch it - 32.8849
Grilled Black Cod
Preheat barbecue grill.
In a saucepan, heat peanut oil and sesame oil.
Add ginger and garlic and saute until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except cod, and simmer for 3 minutes.
Over medium coals, cook black cod, skin-side down, basting... - 39.8496
Black Cod Muscadet
Black Cod Muscadet has a Far-fetched taste.The White Pepper and Butter gives the Black Cod Muscadet Enormous taste. - 32.657
Black Cod Sake Kasu
SET THE BLACK COD pieces skin side down in a shallow dish.
Sprinkle a generous layer of salt over the fish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
RINSE THE SALT from the fish and pat dry, then return the fish to the cleaned dish.
STIR... - 38.559
Black Cod With Chinese Mustard Sauce
1) Light the coal to start grill.
2) Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon shoyu, honey, mustard and mirin. Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
3) Apply the cod with a blend of 1 tablespoon shoyu and sesame oil.
4) Place the cod on moderately... - 35.4129
Black Cod In Pine Nut Sauce
Black Cod In Pine Nut Sauce has a Inimitable taste.The Pine nuts and garlic gives the Black Cod In Pine Nut Sauce Astounding taste. must catch it - 38.875
Alaskan Black Cod
Black cod is truly delicious but it has to be cooked the right way. Take a look at these really great instructions on how to cook it right. - 113.738
Braised Black Cod
Rinse fish, pat dry, and set aside.
In a bowl, mix onions, soy, sherry, garlic, and ginger.
Add fish, turning to coat all sides.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
Place a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high... - 37.7042
Prince Rupert Black Cod
Put cod into a skillet or saucepan.
Cover fish with cold water.
Bring water to simmering over low heat and simmer 1 minute.
Repeat process once or twice depending on saltiness of fish.
Simmer in last water until fish is cooked.
Allow... - 35.2866
Smoked Canadian Black Cod
In a large stock pot or Dutch oven combine the wine and water.
Tie the peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley and herbs together in a cheesecloth and place in the pot.
Add the vegetables and lemon.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Place the... - 38.974
Black Cod Muscadet
1) Rinse and pat dry cod.
2) Take a heavy bottom frying pan and melt butter.
3) SautÃ© onions and thyme until onions are soft.
4) Turn the onions and cook again.
5) Add wine and increase heat, cook for 5 more minutes.
6) Put the... - 39.8521
Black Cod In Pine Nut Sauce
1) Light coals in the grill.
2) Rinse and pat dry cod.
3) Apply some lemon juice on avocado.
4) Now blend avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, and pine nuts together.
5) Add a tablespoon of olive oil to this mixture, if needed.... - 41.9098
Baked Cod With Olives And Spring Onions
Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/gas mark 8.
Lightly oil a roasting tray and place the cod in the bottom.
In a bowl, combine the olives, herbs, spring onions, chillies and lime zest with the lime juice, then spread this mixture over the top of the... - 41.4673
Grilled Cod And Potatoes
1. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat. Place 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice and black peppercorns in a bowl and mix to combine. Brush oil mixture over fish and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Brush potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place... - 27.1429
Portuguese Cod Fillets
In 1-quart saucepan heat 1 teaspoon oil; add onion and garlic and saute until onion is softened.
Add green pepper and saute for 3 minutes longer.
Add tomatoes, wine, and olives; cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle both sides... - 36.8656
Charcoal Baked Cod Steaks With Lemon
1. Pat fish steaks dry on paper toweling.
2. Rub salt and pepper on both sides on fish steaks.
3. Using a small sharp paring knife, peel skin and pith of lemons and thinly. Keep aside.
4. Cut out 6 (10-inch) squares of foil.
5. On... - 43.6039
Baked Cod With Tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato puree, wine and seasoning.
2. Bring the sauce just to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and cook, uncovered, for... - 38.7497
Potato Cod Bake
Place the cod, onion, peppercorns, apple, salt, thyme and cider in a buttered 900 ml (1 1/2 pint) ovenproof dish.
Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160°C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for 20 minutes.
Strain the fish liquor and make up to 150 ml (1/4 pint)... - 43.1733
Baked Cod With Tomato Concasse And Basil
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and thyme together and set aside.
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, slowly cook garlic and shallots until very soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
Remove and cool slightly.
Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil... - 45.4317
Mushroom Stuffed Cod
In a 1-cup (2-cup) glass measure, combine the mushrooms and onions.
Cover with vented plastic wrap.
Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft.
Drain off any liquid.
Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, tarragon and pepper.
With a sharp knife, cut a... - 46.7461
Sage Baked Cod
Place the cod in a single layer in a 13" X 9" baking dish, folding under any thin edges of the fillets.
Sprinkle the cod with the desired amount of pepper.
Then place the lemon slices on top and sprinkle with the onions.
Pour the broth around the cod.
Cover... - 38.3504
Cod Steaks Topped With Tomato And Basil
1. Preheat the grill. Cut out four 12 x 16-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Brush the olive oil over the foil.
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the basil and sherry, and season the mixture with the salt and pepper.
3. Lay a cod steak in the center of... - 33.01
Smoked Cod Roe Pate
1. Slice the crusts off the bread, tear the slices into small bits and soak in butter for five minutes
2. In a bowl, mix the cod roe and grated onion; add cheese and combine well with a wooden spoon
3. Mix in tomato juice gradually into... - 38.0752
Soak cod in cold water overnight.
The next day, drain and then rinse under running cold water.
Cook cod, potatoes, and onions separately in water, adding no salt.
Drain when tender.
Remove all bones from cod, trim edges from fish, and cut into 2 inch... - 36.4273
Mediterranean Style Baked Cod
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
Put the cod fillets on a baking tray and season with black pepper.
In a blender, whizz the plum tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, chilli, olive oil, basil and sun-dried tomatoes until roughly blended.
Spoon some... - 35.9373
Cod Pancake (daegujeon)
Want a healthy and low fat finger food in less than ten minutes? Maangchi is making Korean breaded cod filets with batter and eggs. She is using very little oil for cooking and yet it is very tasty. A little chilli adds zing to the fillets. If you want to... - 92.8971
Cod With Italian Crumb Topping
In a small shallow bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
Spray the rack of a broiling pan with no-stick spray.
Place the cod on the rack, folding under any thin edges of the... - 34.8635
Atlantic Cod With Olives
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the cod on both sides with salt and pepper, and add to the pan, skin side down. Sear the fish on both sides, about 5 minutes per side, until it flakes easily. The flesh should... - 19.7538
Baked Marinated Cod
1) In a bowl, add the olive oil, garlic, chilli powder, lemon juice, dried mint, salt and pepper; blend well.
2) Marinate the cod in this mixture, cover and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning at times. ... - 38.2611
Baked Cod With Tomatoes And Provolone
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the oil in the bottom of a casserole.
2. Sprinkle the pepper and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt over both sides of the fillets. Arrange the fillets in the casserole in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle the basil and garlic over the... - 36.4906
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. In a skillet, heat half the oil, add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook until the onion is transparent. Add the anchovies, olives and fennel.
3. Place four cod steaks in a greased baking dish, spread with the... - 35.3138
Crunchy Topped Cod
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Arrange the cod fillets in a wide, ovenproof dish.
2. Arrange the tomato slices on top. Mix together the breadcrumbs, fresh parsley, lemon rind and juice and the oil with seasoning to taste.
3. Spoon the crumb... - 31.0342
1.In a pan, heat butter and saute onion until soft.
2.Add flour and curry powder and cook for 2 more minutes by stirring.
3.Put stock, tomato puree, cooking apple, sultanas, salt, black pepper in it.
4.Let the ingredients cook for 8 minutes on low... - 48.9538
Cod With Fennel And Cardamom
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. Place the garlic in a small bowl with the lemon rind, juice and olive oil and stir well.
2. Cover and leave to infuse for at least 30 minutes. Stir well before using.
3. Trim the fennel bulb, thinly slice and... - 39.8896
Pan Roasted Cod With Celery And Heirloom Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 450°F.Put the chicken broth in a saucepan and heat until simmering over medium heat.
Season each cod fillet with salt and pepper and rub them lightly with oil.
Heat an ovenproof, medium saute pan over medium-high heat and when hot, sear... - 43.0393
Heat half the oil in a frying pan.
Add the onion, garlic and green pepper and fry until the onion is soft but not brown.
Remove from the heat and stir in the anchovies, olives and fennel seeds.
Place four cod steaks in a greased shallow baking dish.
Top each... - 39.2258
To use frozen cod, let stand at room temperature 20 minutes; do not thaw completely.
Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
Cut each partially frozen fish block into 3 portions.
To use fresh cod, cut into 6 equal portions.
Butter a baking dish large enough to hold fish... - 44.0171
Cod And Tomato Casserole
1.Preheat the oven to 35 minutes.
2.In a pan, heat butter and fry onions in it until tender.
3.Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
4.Turn off th eheat and slowly add milk.
5.Put the pan on flame and let the mixture boil;... - 45.3823
Melt the butter in a pan and saute the onion and garlic until soft.
Add the flour and continue to cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the tomatoes and the tomato puree (paste).
Bring to the boil, stirring, then add the olives and salt and pepper.
Place the cod steaks... - 44.1696
Celery Stuffed Cod
1. Grease aluminium foil with butter and place cod steaks on it. Keep aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In a wok, melt butter.
4. Once hot, add onions, bacon and... - 44.179
Cod's Roe Pate
Grate the onion using the grating disc.
Place the bread and cod's roe in the bowl and, using the double-bladed chopping knife, mix until well blended.
Add the potato, garlic and parsley and continue blending until smooth.
Add the onion to the mixture together... - 39.9497
Copenhagen Cod Cakes
1) In a large heavy pot, bring the water, dill sprigs and peppercorns to a boil.
2) Add the cod fillets and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque and slightly flakey, remove and keep aside.
3) Bring the water to a boil, add the... - 47.1433
Gingered Cod Steaks
1. Preheat the grill and line the grill rack with a layer of tinfoil. Coarsely grate the piece of ginger. Trim the spring onions and cut into thin strips.
2. Mix the spring onions, ginger, chopped parsley and sugar. Add 1 tablespoon of water.
3. Wipe the fish... - 39.5491
Cod Baked In Tomato Sauce With Onions
This baked cod recipe with tomato sauce and onions is a simple and nutritious recipe for a fish preparation. Baked with a mix of cooked tomatoes and onions with garlic and hot pepper flakes, with cod fillets, the baked cod can be sprinkled with parley and... - 45.6607
Cod With Vegetable Ragout
1. Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion, stir over heat until brown. Add pepper, fennel, eggplant and stock, stir over heat until tender.
2. Combine extra oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano and pepper in a screwtop jar, shake well; add half to vegetables, keep... - 38.0355
Roast Cod With Anchovy And Garlic
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
Soak the anchovies in cold water for 30 minutes.
Drain, then, in a food processor, blend the anchovies, with the mint and half the garlic to a smooth paste.
Make four 2.5 cm incisions in each of the cod steaks and... - 45.2143
Brandade Of Dried Salt Cod
Soak the salt cod for at least 12 hours, changing the water twice, then cook the cod as above, let it drain in a colander, and keep it hot.
Peel and boil some floury potatoes (i.e.
King Edwards) in the same water as you have used for the fish.
While the... - 32.5611
Cod Fish Feroce
1) In a skillet, pour 1 cup water.
2) Add wine, bay leaves, peppercorns, and thyme to the water and bring to boil.
3) Reduce the heat and add the cod.
4) Simmer covered for 12 to 15 minutes until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5)... - 47.4475
Jamaican Salt Cod And Akee
1) Pre-soak the cod in water to cover for about 12 hours and drain off.
2) Add enough fresh water to cover and cook until flaky and just cooked through.
3) Drain again and discard any skin and bones.
4) Flake the fish to make sure it is... - 40.5519
1. Heat the oil in a large saute pan or flameproof dish. Add the onions and cook until pale golden. Add the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, dill, mint, celery leaves and parsley with 300 ml / 1/2 pint / 1 1/4 cups water. Season with salt and pepper, then simmer,... - 33.1734
1.In a pan heat the oil and fry onions and garlic in it until soft.
2.Add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
3.Stir in tomatoes, wine, thyme, salt and pepper and let the mixture boil.
4.Let the ingredients cook for 20 minutes.
5.Meanwhile, heat butter... - 47.6059
Seared Pancetta Wrapped Cod
1. Wipe the cod fillets and wrap each one with the pancetta. Secure each fillet with a cocktail stick and reserve.
2. Drain the capers and soak in cold water for 10 minutes to remove any excess salt, then drain and reserve.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying... - 40.1572
Cod With Lemon And Watercress Sauce
Place the cod in a shallow 600 ml (1 pint) ovenproof dish.
Add the onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, lemon rind, cider and salt to taste.
Cover with foil and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160 C (325°F), Gas Mark 3, for 20 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a... - 40.8644
Baked Cod Provencale
1. Season the plank
2. Preheat the plank to 350 degrees
3. In a large food processor bowl, mix together the capers, the lemon zest, garlic, pepper, anchovy fillets.
4. Pulse till a smooth paste is achieved
5. As the paste is being... - 41.7936
Smoked Cod French Style
Soak the cod fillets in cold water for at least 12 hours, changing the water often.
Drain and place in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Remove from the heat, cover and let cod sit in the water for at least 7 minutes.
Strain the fish,... - 37.6046
Creamy Cod Chowder
1. Skin the fish and put it into a large saucepan with the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns. Pour over the milk.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked. Do not overcook.
3. Using a... - 35.2855
1. Wash, peel and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
2. Peel and coarsely chop the garlic cloves.
3. Wash, peel and coarsely chop the onion.
4. Wash the peppers and discard the stalk end, inner ribs, and seeds. After that, chop the peppers into small... - 47.6793
Portuguese Salt Cod
Soak the cod overnight.
Rinse well, drain and put the cod into a saucepan with just enough fresh cold water to cover.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or until they are tender and the fish... - 43.2631
Portuguese Salt Cod And Potatoes
Soak cod in cold water 24 to 48 hours, or until very moist.
Change water 2 or 3 times; drain.
Simmer, covered, in water just to cover 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Remove skin and bones and flake fish in large pieces.
Boil potatoes in... - 46.351
Cod And Crab Gratin
1. In a saucepan of cold salted water, add thickly sliced potatoes. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes until just tender. Drain the potatoes and refresh under cold running water.
2. In a small saucepan, add milk, peppercorns and bay... - 45.9486
Baked Cod With Oyster Stuffing
Are you looking for a Baked Cod With Oyster Stuffing recipe that will blow away your senses? The marriage of the incredible flavors of oyster with other ingredients is the secret to this Baked Cod With Oyster Stuffing recipe. This compelling Baked Cod With... - 34.419
Acadian Cod And Potato Pancake
1. In a large bowl, combine the cod fillets, eggs, potatoes, flour, onion, parsley, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy 9- or 10-inch skillet over moderate heat. Using a large spoon, drop enough of the mixture into the... - 33.516
Baked Cod With Oyster Stuffing
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. In a skillet heat the butter, add the scallions, celery and green pepper and cook until tender. Add the crumbs, parsley, oysters and oyster liquor and cook five minutes. Add the remaining seasonings.
3. Stuff the fish... - 32.1855
Cod With Orange Topping
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Combine breadcrumbs, orange rind, chopped orange, salt, pepper and marjoram with the egg.
3) Divide the mixture between the 4 pieces of fish and spread to the edge of each fish cutlet or steak.
4) In the... - 44.4648
Cod With Ham Powder And Garlic Wafers
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Fill a small bowl with ice water. Blanch the parsley stems in the boiling water until they turn bright green, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the stems to the ice water, then... - 27.65
Scrambled Egg And Salt Cod Hash
1) Diagonally shred the cod to about 1/4 inch thick slices and keep aside.
2) Cover the potatoes in boiling salted water and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
3) Drain the potatoes, when done and keep aside.
4) In a large... - 41.0575
Preheat the broiler to fairly low.
Brush the fish with melted butter and broil for about 15 minutes, turning once.
Mix the grated cheese with the cream and seasoning and place spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the fish.
Continue to broil until the cheese... - 30.3493
Pan Fried Cod With Tomato Salad
Aparna is cooking a meal in just few minutes. Pan Fried Cod served with Tomato Salad is a complete meal with a piece of fish for protein and a low fat salad on the side. She shows us how to put up the dish in just a jiffy. A must make meal after a long day at... - 118.095
Cod Braised With Tomatoes Fennel And Olives
This typical Italian dish, Cod Braised With Tomatoes Fennel And Olives is my household favorite. The aromatic fennel and basil makes the dish outstanding! And if you cout the calories in the dish then nothing you could find. I always believe 'Health first,... - 42.4421
Baked Lemon Cod
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Cut the cucumber and celery into long fine sticks and sprinkle over the base of an ovenproof dish that is large enough to fit the cod fillets in a single layer.
2. Arrange the cod fillets on the cucumber and celery and... - 27.3408
Baked Cod Steaks With Smoked Oysters
Heat the milk with a bay leaf, some parsley stalk, a slice of onion and some black peppercorns.
Take off the heat, cover and allow the flavours to infuse for 5-10 minutes, then strain.
Cook the butter and flour together gently for a few minutes and whisk in... - 42.5782
Creamed Cod Fish
Place the fish in a pan with water to cover.
Add the lemon slices and bring to boil over high heat.
When the surface becomes foamy, cover and reduce heat.
Simmer for about fifteen minutes.
Drain and reserve the liquid.
Set aside the fish and keep warm.
In the... - 41.9861
Cod With Caper Sauce
1 Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Lightly coata9"x9"x2" 1 baking pan with the cooking spray.
Place the fish fillets in the pan and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake the fish for 10 minutes or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
2 While the fish is... - 42.3684
Simple Poached Cod
Sprinkle the fish with the lemon juice and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
Put the fish in a dish with 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) water.
Arrange the vegetables around the fish and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
Turn... - 40.4886
Greek Style Cod And Raisins
Presenting a classic dish from the city of Kalamata, Greece. The video shows you a cod preparation with raisins while enriching you with a little history about the same. All steps are essayed beautifully leaving no room for you to miss out any instruction. - 104.582
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions until soft.
2) Remove and set aside.
3) In a large pan, bring the milk, water and seasoning to a boil.
4) Place the fish and poach gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
5) Drain and reserve the... - 49.0272
Cod, Spinach And Cheese Flan
1) Roll out the dough.
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line a 8 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
3) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion, until soft.
6) In a bowl,... - 46.477
Sauteed Codfish Cakes
1. Place the cod fillets on a plate in a steamer and steam, covered, over moderate heat until opaque throughout and the edges flake easily with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool. Flake the fish into small pieces.
2. Put the potato chunks in a small saucepan... - 40.0415
Peel and finely chop the onions, using the double-bladed chopping knife.
Fry in the oil until soft, but not golden.
Stir in the cod and split peas and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the parsley, wine vinegar, garlic and seasoning.
Cook for a further 2-3... - 38.5237
Oyster Topped Cod Steaks
To make sauce, stir together sour cream, caviar, lemon juice, black pepper and hot pepper sauce.
Fold in the oysters.
Cut four pieces of aluminum foil.
Butter the shiny side of the foil.
Place each cutlet on a piece of foil.
Over each cutlet,... - 40.7962
1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
1. Wash and de-skin the cod fillets.
2. Dry them with paper towels and roll them over little flour.
3. Take a large, shallow ovenproof dish and grease it with 2 tbsp of butter and position the fillets in... - 45.234
Demonstrating how to make delicious curried Cod and how to enjoy it as a complete meal. - 0
Quick And Easy Cod With Tagliatelle
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook to your liking.
Drain and leave for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the button mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until they are lovely and soft.
Add the Sacla' Whole... - 35.1747
Cut cod into serving-size portions; pat dry.
Dredge lightly in flour.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown cod lightly on both sides.
Arrange cod in 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish; sprinkle with feta.
Pour remaining oil into... - 43.819
Deep-fried Fillet Of Cod In Beer Batter
Looking for a simple yet delicious recipe that can be served as snack, side dish or even an appetizer? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to cook the perfect sandwich that has a deep fried cod fillet in the center. And you know the... - 88.0348
Cod's Roe Pate
Skin the roe and put into a bowl.
Add butter, garlic and pepper, and mix until smooth.
Gradually add the cream, and blend well.
Stand the bowl in a bain marie and cook slowly for 20-30 minutes in a fairly slow oven.
Cover top with foil to keep the pate... - 29.6224
1. If using salt cod soak it covering with water for about 24-48 hours changing the water twice a day.
2. Before cooking wash the cod well, make large pieces of it and in a wide bottomed pan bring it to boil slowly in water.
3. Let it... - 45.423
Cod With Saffron
1. In a large skillet off the heat, combine oil, parsley, lemon juice, flour, salt, saffron, pepper and garlic; mix well. Add cod fillets, turning over in the mixture to coat with the seasonings.
2. Place skillet over low heat; cover and cook about 5 minutes,... - 30.6142
Cod Stewed With Potatoes, Corn And Tomatoes
1. In a large pot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add a layer of onions and a layer of potatoes. Sprinkle some of the corn and bell pepper on top. Dribble a few drops of the hot pepper sauce over the vegetables. Add a layer of fish and tomatoes, and season... - 33.7773
Remove the bones from the fish and mash the flesh.
Mix in the onion and the mashed potatoes.
Then stir in the whole chillies, coriander, ginger and chilli powder.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add 1 beaten egg to bind the mixture.
Divide the mixture... - 40.9831
Cod In Orange Lemon Sauce
1 Sprinkle both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper. Place fillets in a large flat baking dish. Combine parsley, garlic, comino and oil and mix well. Pour half of the mixture over the fish, then turn fish over and drizzle remaining sauce over the second... - 32.5991
Breakfast Salt Cod
Rinse cod thoroughly under cold running water.
Place in a large glass baking dish and cover with cold water.
Cover and refrigerate for 36 hours; change water 2 to 3 times during that period.
Drain thoroughly and rinse under cold running water.
Place on... - 39.4282
Portuguese Salt Cod
Soak salt cod for 24-48 hr., changing the water frequently.
Then simmerinjustenough water to cover until tender (2-3 hr.).
Drain, remove skin and bones, and flake.
Heat olive oil in a saucepan, and fry onion, garlic, and green peppers until soft.
Add... - 37.7146
• Combine vegetables, tomatoes and basil in large skillet. Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
• Place cod on vegetables. Pour 1/4 cup orange juice over fish. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is tender and flakes with fork.
• Remove cod and... - 32.0115
Cod Basque Style
1. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the potato slices, and cook, covered, until the potatoes soften and begin to fall apart, about... - 32.0216
Smoked Cod Kedgeree
1. Cook the brown rice in boiling salted water for about 25 minutes until just tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Fry the onion gently in the butter for 3-4 minutes. Add the drained cooked rice, and stir over the heat for a further 2-3 minutes, until the rice is... - 31.3825
Macaroni And Smoked Cod With Soured Cream Sauce
Cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water as directed on the packet. Drain and cool under cold running water.
Place the fish in a roasting tin with the milk, onion, carrot, peppercorns and bay leaf. Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven... - 31.9252