- » Black Chickpea
Black Chickpea Recipes
Enjoy our collection of black chickpea recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for black chickpea recipes.
Kala Chana Aur Aloo (black Chickpeas With Potatoes)
Sort and clean the chickpeas and wash them under cold water.
Soak for 24 hours in a bowl containing 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the baking soda, and a quart of water.
Place chopped onion, garlic, and ginger in the container of an electric blender with 3... - 47.687
Black Eyed Muffins
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a small nonstick skillet, heat margarine.
3) Once melted, add vegetables and garlic.
4) Over high heat, saute for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Stir constantly while cooking.
5) To a... - 46.9535
Roasted and crunchy, chickpeas make a wonderful nutty treat. I love nuts, all kinds. I add nuts to many dishes and eat them often. On the other hand, I adore chickpeas with their sweet creamy center and their slighty crisp outer shell. This recipe is the... - 119.831
Canned Chickpeas With Garlic And Ginger
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat oil in large skillet or 10-inch heavy-bottomed pot over a medium flame.
When hot, put in the... - 47.9568
Cut bacon in squares and fry it in the olive oil.
When bacon is browned, add ham cut fine, pork sausage sliced, and chickpeas, drained.
Sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
Fry until chick-peas begin to brown.
Cool slightly before adding to bowl containing... - 32.2939
Chickpea And Bean Salad
Drain the chickpeas and beans and mix well in a large bowl.
Add the lemon juice and the garlic.
Add the olive oil and mix well.
Now shred the basil leaves and add to the bowl, together with the zest of the lemon.
Season with black pepper and give another... - 39.3888
Roasted Chickpeas Or Garbanzo Beans- Chhole Chana Garam
In this video, Bhavna shows us how to make this delicious, high fiber snack. These roasted chickpeas are a crispy, crunchy alternative to bland, mushy chickpeas. Indian snack food has never been this good and delicious. I'm gonna try it right away. Mazel Tov! - 102.163
Quick And Easy Italian Chickpea Salad
Whether you believe it or not, chickpeas form an intrinsic part of Italian recipes. And Italian style chickpea salad is quite sumptuous to say. Now you too can learn how to make this yummy salad. Thanks to the video recipe, you can now toss up a quick,... - 108.223
Chickpeas Tomatoes And Rice
1. In a large (2 quart) heavy skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the garlic just until it is golden.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and seasonings according to preference.
4. Reduce the heat and let the mixture... - 43.7172
Day 1: Add enough water to the chickpeas to cover them by 3 or 4 inches, and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
As the peas absorb the water, they will increase in volume.
Day 2: Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Drain the chickpeas and... - 43.2202
Soft Chickpea Flatbread With Onions And Thyme
Place the chickpea flour in a large bowl and slowly add the water, whisking constantly to prevent clumps.
You'll end up with a fairly liquid batter.
Add the salt, stir, and let the batter rest, covered with plastic wrap, for at least four hours at room... - 42.3446
1. Combine the chick-peas, scal-lions, and parsley. Blend together the oil, lemon juice, salt, mustard, and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss lightly. Chill for at least 1 hour, tossing twice during chilling. - 28.6792
Chickpea And Orange Salad
1) Take four of the oranges and peel them. Remove their pith and chop up the flesh. Slice the remaining one orange thin.
2) Slice a few of the stoned olives while keeping the remaining whole.
3) Rinse the drained chickpeas under cold water. Drain.
4)... - 48.3256
Caponata With Chickpeas
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add eggplant, peppers, onions, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, pignolias, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook... - 35.6995
Wash chickpeas, soak in hot water for 24 hours, drain and rinse well.
Combine all ingredients except oil and grind to make a thick paste.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
Drop teaspoons of mixture into oil and fry gently till cooked.
Serve hot. - 36.596
Chickpea Salad With Roasted Tomatoes
1. Wash the chickpeas and soak them in sufficient water leaving overnight.
2. Drain chickpeas, rinse well and place in a saucepan. Cover with double the amount of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Place on a medium flame and boil till they are... - 48.3485
Broccoli And Chickpea Soup
Loaded with onions, garlic, broccoli, and garbanzo beans - which are some of the world's healthiest foods - this cozy soup packs a powerhouse of nutrients. So if your body's batteries could use a little recharging, we suggest a warm bowl of this deliciously... - 137.68
Spicy Sardines With Chickpea And Avocado Salad
To make the salad, place the egg yolk in a bowl, beat in the oil and vinegar and stir in the onion, garlic, parsley, capers, chickpeas and avocado.
Season with salt and black pepper.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
Lightly spray a small frying... - 42.0702
Spiced Chickpea And Lamb Soup
1. Drain the soaked peas and beans in a colander, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Put them into separate saucepans, cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour, then drain and reserve the... - 34.734
Pumpkin And Chickpea Curry
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry for a further minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and chillies and cook for another minute.
3. Add the pumpkin... - 42.046
Surprise your family in a pleasant way by whipping up this recipe of Chickpea Snacks . This is the best recipe of chick peas I have ever made. It is served as a delicious Snack. If you want to make a nice Chickpea Snacks than you would need only 25 minutes.... - 41.8365
Pindi Chana / Spiced Chickpeas - Indian Food
Learn how to make this delicious Rawalpindi style dry spiced chickpeas recipe using some lovely spicy and boiled chickpeas. This recipe doesn't use any tomatoes or garlic and goes great with paranthas, pooris (puris), bhaturas or Naan. Its a healthy snack in... - 0
1. Take a large pot with cold water and soak washed and drained chickpeas along with baking soda for about 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 250°F.
3. Place the pot with chickpeas on high heat with the soaking water and boil... - 46.5992
Chickpea And Baked Bell Pepper Salad With Cumin
1. In a large saucepan, cover the chickpeas with cold water and let soak overnight at room temperature. The next day, strain off the water. Cover the chickpeas with 6 inches of fresh water and bring to a boil over high heat. Using a ladle, skim the water to... - 41.874
If you make chaats at home then this recipe would be very useful to you. The chef shows how to make sev and it is very simple and takes about 10-15 mins to make. You can use sev in many Indian snacks. It is very handy as it's prepared before hand. Watch the... - 131.494
Mediterranean Style Colorful Chickpea Salad
Looking for something simple yet satisfying for your weekend lunch or weekday supper? Then this warmly-spiced, rough-and-ready chickpea salad recipe from Betty’s kitchen is what you will need to fill you up. Ready in less than half and hour, this... - 107.391
1. Blanch the garlic in boiling water 4 minutes. Drain the garlic, cool under cold water and discard the peels.
2. Combine the garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, oils and 1/2 teaspoon of water in a food processor or blender, and process until pureed.
3. Halve... - 30.7089
Chickpea Puree With Vegetable Sticks
1. Drain the chick peas and put them into a pan with the salt, bay leaf and mint; add sufficient water to cover and simmer for 1 hour until tender. Drain and remove bay leaf and mint.
2. Put the chick peas into the liquidizer with the lemon juice and garlic.... - 30.314
Garlic Braised Eggplant And Chickpea Casserole
1. In a large skillet or flameproof casserole, heat the oil over high heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until dark brown, about 15 seconds. Add the fennel seeds and black pepper and cook for 5 seconds. Add the onions and garlic and reduce the heat to... - 34.9116
1. Place the dried chickpeas in a medium saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Set aside to soak overnight.
2. Drain the chickpeas, return them to the saucepan, cover again with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the... - 36.774
Lettuce Wrapped Chickpea And Vegetables
Are you racking your brains for a snack that is healthy and quick? Well look no further, here is a super simple, super healthy recipe for you! Watch this video and prepare a unique snack fit for your family. Simply prepared with chickpeas and vegetables, this... - 122.22
Chickpea And Tahini Casserole
1) In a casserole, place the spring onions, carrots, red pepper and parsnips.
2) To this, add the oil. Toss well.
3) On high power, cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
4) To this, add the chickpeas, tomatoes along with their juice and... - 47.8784
Tofu And Chickpea Patties With Cucumber Mint Relish
1. Wrap tofu blocks in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels, pat tofu dry, and cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
2. With food processor running, drop garlic... - 33.9681
Hummus (chickpea Dip)
In a blender or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, oil, cumin, cayenne, pepper, salt and water.
Blend, scraping sides occasionally.
If mixture is too thick, add more water, a few drops at a time.
The... - 33.1564
Chorizo And Chickpea One Pot Supper
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet).
Add the onions and fry until they are soft, then add the garlic and chorizo.
Once the pan is swirling with the smoky, red chorizo fat, add the chickpeas, stirring to cover them in the delicious oil.
Add the... - 40.2518
Provencale Chickpea Slather
1) In a non-stick skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
2) Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and anise seeds.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4) To this, add the... - 49.4054
Vegan Chickpea Pumpkin Spread
1. In a mixing bowl, partially mash the chickpeas.
2. Next, add minced garlic, nutritional yeast, sriracha hot sauce, tomato paste, pureed pumpkin and onion powder. Mix it well.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, baby spinach and lemon pepper, season with sea... - 125.117
1) In a bow of water, soak the dried chickpeas for about 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
2) Drain the chickpeas and in a saucepan, put them along with the stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan with a lid, and gently cook over low... - 43.158
Spicy Potato And Chickpea Salad
1. In a medium-size skillet, heat the anchovy in the oil over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the anchovy disintegrates and the oil is hot. Add the onion and garlic and cook 1 minute, tossing to coat with oil, then cover and cook 4 to 5... - 34.3869
Fava Bean And Chickpea Soup From Andalusia
Dried beans are popular everywhere in the Mediterranean. They also have a flavor a tad different than the fresh bean, which means they are ideal in earthy and deeply flavorful soups such as this one from Granada in Andalusia in southern Spain called potaje... - 37.3802
Chicken Leek And Chickpea Soup
1) In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add and cook the pasta, until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and continue to simmer the stock.
2) In a large saucepan, gently saute the leek and garlic in the butter, until golden.
3)... - 43.7461
Wild Rice, Chickpea And Rosemary Soup
1.Take a soup kettle,and add oil.
2,Add the garlic and brown it well.
3.Now add the dry ingredients like the vegetables and rice.
4.Pour the water or stock, and bring to a boil.
5.Once the rice is tender, the soup should be taken off the heat and... - 44.648
Spinach And Chickpea Stew
Talk about nutrition and this spinach and chickpea stew has got to fetch your attention due to its nutritional value. It is full of protein and vitamins and that is clearly visible from the ingredients. Put together with some delight rice it is a power packed... - 120.678
Artichoke, Chickpea And Fennel Giambotta
1. Broil chicken for 20 minutes till it turns brown and crispy. Keep it aside.
2. In a large flame proof casserol add garlic, red pepper, fennel, diced tomatoes and herbs.
3. Combine chickpeas. Add 1 cup of stock, artichoke hearts, wine, and olive... - 48.4737
Chickpea And Herb Salad
1. The evening before, put the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl and pour over sufficient boiling water just to cover. Set aside until the water has been absorbed.
2. If you want to give a fluffier finish to the bulgur wheat, transfer it to a steamer and steam... - 34.331
Chickpea And Pasta Soup
1) Take a large saucepan, spray with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat until hot.
2) Saute garlic and onion until soft and then stir in oregano and rosemary.
3) Cook for a minute and then add chicken broth, tomatoes, chickpeas,... - 43.8958
Chickpea And Escarole Soup
1. In a 6- to 8-quart pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, thyme and oregano, and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is wilted. Add the escarole, chickpeas and rice, and stir to coat lightly with oil. Add 10 cups of water,... - 34.3354
Chickpea And Shrimp Soup
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic; saute for 1 minute.
2. Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes, chickpeas and tomato paste. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add shrimp, parsley, salt and... - 35.5154
Tuna And Chickpea Salad
Combine the oil, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl.
Add the chickpeas, tuna, celery, tomatoes, radishes, and onion, and toss well to mix.
Arrange the lettuce in a large shallow bowl and mound the tuna mixture on top. - 31.2345
Chickpea Spread - Hummus
1. In a food chopper or liquidizer, add the onion and parsley.
2. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, spices and seasonings and garlic.
4. Blend to a paste of slightly grainy consistency.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and olive... - 46.0118
Mediterranean Chickpea And Quinoa Summer Salad.
This healthy yet delicious chickpea and quinoa salad is a great alternative to your traditional and boring leafy green salad. The quinoa serves as a great base for the flavorful vinaigrette and protein filled garbanzo beans. Since quinoa is gluten free, this... - 128.54
Pasta And Chickpea Soup With Pesto
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, leek, rosemary, and garlic,- saute 10 minutes. Add tomato, water, broth, and chick-peas,- bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add zucchini, peas, lima beans, and green... - 30.8444
Chickpea Stew With Greens And Spices
1. Place the greens in a steamer, cover and steam over boiling water until wilted, about 5 minutes. When the greens are cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them and set aside.
2. Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and add water to cover. Rub the beans... - 37.8823
Chicken And Chickpea Stew
Pick over the chick-peas carefully, discarding discolored peas, small rocks, etc.
Soak these overnight in ample water to cover, along with the baking soda.
Next day, drain and rinse the peas.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Drain... - 43.7692
Vegetarian Garbanzo Stew (chickpea)
This recipe combines frugality with nutrition and deliciously clean eats! Garbanzos, a.k.a. chickpeas, are mega healthy for you! They also have a distinct nutty flavor. If you are a big time meat eater, I promise you will not miss the meat at all with this... - 129.413
Chickpea And Vegetable Curry With Couscous
There is something so heartwarming and inviting about digging into a big bowl of vegetable curry. But instead of adding a couple of tablespoons of store-bought curry powder to the sauce, make your own homemade curry spice blend. This bowl of warm satisfying... - 137.901
Kale Chole In Onion And Tomato Gravy
Black chickpeas (kale chole or kala chana) are quite popularly consumed in Indian households and are considered to be quite healthy due to being rich in fiber and protein. Also the chickpeas have low glycemic index, thus helping in controlling hunger. It is... - 0
Kale Chole Curry
Kale chole or black chickpea is consumed popularly in Indian cuisine, with roti or rice. Kale chole can be either made dry or in curry form, with the dry version usually consumed with roti and the curry one eaten along with rice. Here we shall give you the... - 0
Indian Kala Chana Curry
Chef Manjula shows a very nutritious Indian curry dish that is high in protein and low in glycemic index. She uses a pressure cooker to cook chickpeas pretty easily and quickly. Kala Chana or black chickpeas and the spices can be easily found in all Indian... - 98.7404
Fruity Chana Salad ( Toddler)
Salads have great nutritive value and should be a part of your baby's meals. While most little ones are not enthusiastic about salads, if you include a few of their preferred ingredients, they won't even notice they're eating salad. You can add any seasonal... - 0
Kale Chole Without Onion And Garlic
Black Chickpea (kala chana or kale chole) is a cholesterol and hunger control ingredient, commonly made in Indian households, in a number of ways. Though most of the people make the dish in onion and tomato gravy; however here I have not used onions in the... - 0
This dish goes well with puttu(steamed rice cake), chappathi(indian bread), appam(hoppers), dosa(south indian crêpe) and idli. - 41.3792
Homemade Quick And Tasty Idli Podi
Like the name suggests this is a quick and easy to make podi/powder. One of my mom's life savior's when she's lazy to make chutney's or a curry. Might just be your's the next time around..do try it,it is quick and very tasty!! - 0
Chole is quintessentially North Indian and is almost cooked in all north Indian houses without miss. So whether it is a festival dinner or a guest coming over, chole features in the spread more frequently than anything else. This dish is about chickpeas mixed... - 0
Fresh Chole Chaat
For starters, this Fresh Chole Chaat will be a tad spicy, but you can always adjust the spice levels. It is healthy and it makes a good any time snack. I would love to munch on this when watching a game on TV. Learn how to make this dish from Manjula! Enjoy! - 117.41
Marinated Vegetable Salad With Vinaigrette
Whisk together ingredients for dressing in a bowl.
Combine chickpeas, vegetables, and olives in a large bowl; toss to coat with dressing.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to overnight, tossing occasionally.
Garnish each serving with feta... - 35.4457
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in 6 cups of water, overnight.
2. Adding more water to the soaked chickpeas, boil them in the same saucepan for 30 to 40 minutes or pressure cook them for 15 minutes until they are very... - 39.297
Main Dish Antipasto
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, rice-wine vinegar, herb vinegar, parsley, mustard, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
2) In a bowl, combine chickpeas or kidney beans, onions, garlic and 4 tablespoons of marinade.
3)... - 49.6107
Hummus may not be that familiar to you but, it is quite delicious and super easy to make. Whatever your cooking space, you can master this recipe! Nisa Burns of Kitchenability shows you how to make an easy homemade hummus recipe. It might be easier than you... - 134.379
Indian Surti Locho
Surti Locho is a staple breakfast dish from Surat in India. Bhavna shows us how to make it in her own precise style. In my opinion, the Locho is the vegetarian equivalent of a lamb leg as it comes packed with protein. It is so perfect for breakfast. Enjoy! - 120.085
This country soup comes from the Ligurian area of Italy. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, high in fiber, only five ingredients, it is one of the simplest and least expensive dishes you could serve! It truly is delicious! Paired with thick slices of crusty... - 116.5
Greek Country Salad
1) In a medium salad bowl add lettuce, chick-peas, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, and olives.
2) Sprinkle feta cheese over it.
3) Cover and refrigerate to chill.
4) Before serving, in a small bowl add remaining ingredients, except dill sprig.... - 44.9961
Hummus From Heaven
1. In food processor, add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, water, yogurt, and olive oil.
2. Drop cumin, pepper and salt.
3. Add cayenne, sriracha, and sesame oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Taste, and adjust seasoning by adding salt, pepper, sesame oil,... - 101.749
Breakfast casseroles are a great way for a healthy and wholesome breakfast. Here is an amazing video that shows a simple recipe for Lebanese Fatteh. The chef here briefs about the nutritional aspect of this breakfast casserole that is packed with proteins,... - 103.441
Chana Dal Bhel
1. Soak the chana dal overnight. Drain the water in the morning.
2. Take 1/2 of the dal. Add to it the ginger, green chilli, curd and grind it coarsely.
3. Add to this mixture, the remaining whole dal along with salt and turmeric powder. Keep this mixture... - 43.6779
1. Wash the garbanzo beans thoroughly and add to a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Cover with fresh water and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer beans for about 1 1/2 hours, until very tender.
4. Drain the beans when cooled, reserving the water... - 38.1945
1. Wash and soak peas.
2. Drain the chick peas; add it to the food processor or blender along with garlic, lemon juice and oil and blend well. It is always nice to work out short bursts and use spatula to scrape out the mixture from sides of food... - 45.2566
Hummus With Spinach And Cilantro
Add zing to your parties with this new Hummus with Spinach and Cilantro recipe. View this video for this unique recipe and you would definitely want to make it. It uses only 6 ingredients but they all have a strong impact on this dip. Try it out and you will... - 120.772
Barry makes some falafel stuffed in a pita bread with salad and a sweet chilli sauce. - 0
Boorelu is a traditional Andhra sweet dish that is made with a filling of chickpea and jaggery. This dish is more popular during Sankranthi festival; however, it is symbolic of a festive occasion and some people like to make it even during other festivals... - 0
Onam Special Kootucurry!
This is a very traditional dish from the heart of Malabar. It is part of the sadya or Feast along with avial and sambar and the rest. It has the goodness of yam, raw plantain and chickpeas. - 0
TO MAKE THE KARHI Sift the 3/4 cup chickpea flour into a bowl.
Add 1/2 cup of the buttermilk, a little at a time, and mix well until you have a thick, smooth paste.
Now add the remaining 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, mixing as you pour it in.
Add 5 cups of water to... - 43.7561
Indian Chana Masala
One of our Family Favorite dish. Very healthy and nutritious and easy to prepare. Tastes best when eaten with bhatura, roti or rice! - 115.847
Hot Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Drain and set aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the mustard, cumin, and fenugreek... - 46.1777
Chana Dal Cooked With Lamb
Pat the meat pieces dry with a paper towel.
Put the 1 chopped onion, garlic, and ginger into container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch heavy-bottomed... - 44.5545
Kabuli Chana Rice
Kabuli Rice is a popular dish from Afghanistan. However, it is now popular in other South Asian countries such as India, Pakistan, etc. - 0
Fast And Easy Hummus
Learn how to make hummus the fast and easy way with this fun video. Hummus is my party dip of choice, not only is it super tasty making it a real crowd pleaser, it can also be whipped up in less than 5 minutes, perfect for impromptu guests! Plus its high... - 141.407
Chola Aloo Tikki
Chef Manjula has a Chola Aloo Tikki recipe that is as good as regular aloo tikki but with a little extra protein. She is adding chick peas for a little twist keeping the delicious taste intact. They can be enjoyed by itself as appetizer or finger foods or can... - 123.709
High Protein-high Fibre-low Fat Healthy Breakfast
Look around and you’ll see everyone counting calories and eating less to cut down their body fat. Today facing the ‘World Nutrition Day’ and ‘Woman’s Day’, I treat myself to an absolutely healthy breakfast filled with the goodness of chick peas,... - 0