- » Bitter Leaf
Bitter Leaf Recipes
Enjoy our collection of bitter leaf recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for bitter leaf recipes.
Bitters Baked Vegetables
1. Saute onion and pepper in oil until soft in large skillet; add eggplant and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, pepper, basil, oregano, aromatic bitters and grated cheese; mix thoroughly. Spoon into a 6-cup casserole.
3. Bake in moderate... - 29.413
Spicy Shrimp With Bitter Greens Salad
1. Start by preparing a charcoal, wood, or gas grill or preheat the broiler
2. In a medium bowl, combine the first 4 ingredeints, and mix till it becomes a smooth paste, by adding a little cold water if the paste is too thick, also add... - 44.9808
Sweet & Bitter Mustard Greens
Set aside 6 mustard green leaves, each 6 to 7 inches long.
Finely chop remaining greens.
Support a steaming rack (or cake rack) about 3/4 inch above the bottom of a 10- to 12-inch frying pan.
Fill pan with 1/2 inch water.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Lay... - 32.4337
Pasta With Diced Ham, Bitter Greens, Shallots, And Tomatoes
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil with the shallots and garlic over moderate heat.
When they sizzle, add the ham and saute just until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, stirring and scraping to deglaze the pan.
Then add the... - 38.3325
Papaitan Carne - Filipino Pork Dish With Bitter Gourd
1.Chop the bitter gourd or the ampalaya and blend it to a smooth paste or puree with a little water.
2.In a large stock pot, pour the water, heat it and bring it to a boil.
3.Add chopped ginger, onion, chopped garlic, bay leaf,... - 97.5
This recipe is a twist on the classic cosmopolitan- this is the "kosmopolitan." The recipe contains bourbon and orange juice instead of vodka and cranberry and the "K" in the title stands for "kickass." A smooth cocktail that brings together a combination of... - 99.2997
Sukto is a unique Bengali preparation, which includes karela or bitter gourd. Different types of vegetables are used in this dish and that is why, it is very nutritious too. The most essential vegetables used in Sukto are, bitter gourd, eggplant, papaya,... - 48.7368
Spring Dandelion And Alfa Ala Salad
Early dandelion greens, picked before the plants have flowered, are essential.
Older, larger plants produce a very bitter leaf.
Be certain to wash the greens thoroughly in several changes of water.
Chop and add to the salad bowl along with lettuce and... - 31.8866
Egusi Soup also called Agusi stew is a common stew in many African countries, in Nigeria Egusi soup is enjoyed almost every day. It is made from ground melon seed and can be served with any type of FuFu ( pounded yam, Gari ….) . Here you will find out an... - 110.206
White Beans With Tarragon And Cream
Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion gently, until it is soft and golden.
It must not burn, or it becomes bitter.
Add the bay leaf, carrot, thyme and tarragon.
Tip in the beans, well rinsed and drained.
Pour in the cream and slowly bring to the... - 39.3671
Hake With Belgian Chicory
Remove the outer leaf and bitter heart of the Belgian chicory (endives) and cut into rounds.
Put the chicory (endive) in a casserole with the butter, white port and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes.
Rinse the... - 39.9768
Grilled T-bone Steaks With Chimichurri Sauce
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. For salsa, using a chef knife, remove kernels from corn. Scrape off the corncob.
3. Take a large mixing bowl and put corn and corncob in it.
4. Add bell pepper, onion, vinegar, honey, lime juice and... - 113.508
When the air is nip, it's surprising what a cup of steaming hot chai can do to your body. Refreshing, rejuvenating and very simple to make, nothing beats the Indian Chai when it comes to warming up your soul and giving your brain a kick of energy. In this... - 76.8759
Lemon Sorrel Manhattan
The Urban Swank Girls are hanging out in the "Cocktail Kitchen" with Mixologist Paul Espinosa. Paul shows us how to make the Lemon Sorrel Manhattan from one of our favorite places to dine in Houston, Sorrel Urban Bistro. Fresh ingredients are the tip of the... - 118.632
Fruit And Nut Bundt Cake With Rum
Preheat oven to 350Â°.
Oil a 9-inch bundt pan with unsalted margarine or cooking spray.
In a large bowl, sift the flours, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda together.
In another bowl, beat together egg substitute, oil, orange juice, rum... - 39.3704
Rib Shack Red Filet Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. Place steak on a tray and brush olive on it. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Place the steak on the hottest side of the grill. Cover it with lid and cook for about 3 minutes on the first... - 122.621
Halibut Dinner In One Pot
Pour about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water in the bottom of a large steamer pot.
Add the sage, bay leaf and lemon zest (be careful to cut away the bitter white pith) and simmer until you smell a distinct heady fragranceâ€”about 4 minutes.
Put the first steamer... - 44.8504
Delmarva Licious Golden Fried Chicken
1) In a large bowl, mix together bitters,lemon juice, bourbon, paprika, salt, garlic salt and 1/4 cup water
2)Put the chicken quarters in this mixture and coat it well.
3)Cover and marinate in the fridge for atleast an hour, turning the chicken... - 45.7672
The Juliet And Romeo
Apparently named for the cucumber and rose aspects of the cocktail, the Juliet and Romeo is a rather surprisingly pleasing mix of gin, lime, mint, cucumber and rosewater. - 137.11
Bourbon Bliss Part 2
If you don’t mind pairing your cocktail with food, then learning how to make this tasty libation should leave you pleasantly appeased. In this video, Chef Andrew Lanier sets about concocting a tasty libation to compliment the food before plating the final... - 99.1657
1) Thoroughly rinse the fish parts and remove any trace of organs or blood. If present, remove the fills from the heat. Use a cleaver or a heavy chef’s knife to split large heads.
2) In a large saucepan or stockpot, place the rinsed... - 39.6783
Combine broth, basil and egg white in a medium saucepan.
Over medium heat, bring barely to a simmer, without stirring.
Do not boil.
Allow broth barely to simmer, 10 minutes.
Do not stir.
Remove from heat.
Allow to cool, undisturbed, 10 minutes.
Line a sieve... - 38.6609
Pointers On Some Favorite Beverage
For good coffee, start with clean pot and grind suitable to method used.
Measure both coffee and water accurately; for medium strength, 2 tablespoons coffee to 6 ounces water.
If your method involves cloth filters, keep them in clean cold water when not in... - 22.0439
Frozen Orange Blossom
With an electric mixer, beat together egg yolks and sugar until stiff.
Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture. Fold in Grand Marnier.
Spoon into a plastic container large enough to allow for expansion and cover. Freeze... - 27.9514
Salt the slices of aubergine generously, arrange them on a large plate, and weight with another plate.
Set aside for 30 minutes.
Rinse them and dry between two towels, pressing well to remove bitter juice.
With a pastry brush paint the slices lightly with... - 30.325
Place the chicken breasts in a ceramic dish.
In a bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients.
Spoon over the chicken, making sure the pieces are well coated.
Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
When you are ready to... - 43.224
Place the vegetables in a chopping bowl and chop fine.
Slowly add the oil, lemon juice, and water or stock.
Add the onion and salt or tamari.
Chill 4 hours before serving.
Garnish with dry bread crumbs or yogurt.
Serve gazpacho for the first course when... - 39.0993
Grilled Scallops With Parsley Salad
1. Light a grill. In a small bowl, pour the lemon juice over the minced shallot and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
2. Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, making sure to... - 27.0333
Shell Pasta With Dried Fish Roe
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until just tender-8-10 minutes, according to the variety you are using.
In the meantime, to make the dressing whisk together the olive oil, garlic, orange juice (and lemon, if using), orange or... - 33.7344
1. Peel the carrot and onion and grate finely.
2. Remove coarse leaves of the cabbage as they could make the soup bitter.
3. Remove hard stem and shred cabbage finely, but keep lengths short.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a large pan, add carrot, onion and... - 46.1304
Fish Stock For Chowder
Melt the butter, add the vegetables, and cook covered 1-2 minutes over low heat.
Add the fish scraps, bones and heads, cover and cook 2 more minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 25-30 minutes.
Do not... - 38.4773
Salad Of Mixed Greens And Herbs With Oranges
1) With a sharp knife, peel off the skin of the oranges. Carefully remove all the bitter white pith.
2) Working over a bowl, separate the sections, by cutting in between the membranes.
3) In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard and vinegars to... - 49.7922
Lady Gaga Bento
Bentos are a very popular way to pack tiffins for a meal in Japan. This wonderful Bento as a Lady Gaga theme and almost everyone will like it. - 97.5079
Black Looseleaf Tea
1. In filter, add loose tea leaf. Pour boiling water into the pot directly through the filter until the teapot is full.
2. Allow it to brew for 4-5 minutes. Do not brew it longer or it will be bitter.
3. Remove the tea filter from the pot.
4.... - 101.349
Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-sour Sauce (caponata)
Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-Sour Sauce (Caponata) is an amazingly delicious recipe. Try this Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-Sour Sauce (Caponata) recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 43.4556
Spinach Parcels With Fish Pilaf
Drop the spinach leaves into boiling water, a few at a time, and blanch for about 1 minute-just long enough to make them pliable for rolling.
Remove them with a slotted spoon or chopsticks and transfer to cold water.
Drain them, then lay them out flat.
In a... - 47.2166
Pasta With Grilled Eggplant And Onion
LAY THE EGGPLANT slices on a baking sheet and liberally sprinkle both sides with salt; let sit for 15 to 20 minutes (this draws out excess moisture along with any bitterness the eggplant may have).
Wipe off the salt and pat dry.
LIGHT THE COALS in an outdoor... - 43.1568
Warm Salad Of Saddle Of Hare Or Venison
Take the fillets from the saddle of hare and trim off all the membrane; if using venison do the same.
Cut 1 garlic clove in half and rub it over the meat.
Simmer the remaining 12 whole, unpeeled garlic cloves in a little water until they are very soft, almost... - 44.2773
1) Rinse the arugula or watercress well, remove any tough stems, and pat dry.
2) Cut the rind from the oranges, removing the bitter white pith, if any. Cut the oranges into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3) Peel the avocado and cut into half. Pit and... - 48.0942