- » Besan Flour
Besan Flour Recipes
Enjoy our collection of besan flour recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for besan flour recipes.
Magas Or Besan Ladu Or Besan Burfi
To all those who are searching for the perfect recipe of besan laddu will find this recipe very useful. These are mostly made in winter as they are heavy and give a lot of energy. The laddus taste delicious and your family will love it. Watch the video for... - 103.666
Easy Besan Ladoo
Besan laddu is not only one of India's favorite sweet made especially on festivals and celebrations, it is also one of the easiest to prepare. The video shows very simple and quick process of preparing besan laddus to treat the Lord Ganesha and your family... - 63.3482
Besan Ka Halwa
Want a scrumptious Pakistani dessert recipe that is also easy to make? Well, try making Bean ka halwa with the chef in the video, her recipe is detailed with every step explained well. Only if she had refrained from using Pakistani words in her English... - 99.3681
Want to try out a delicious Indian dessert? Try making besan ladoo with chef Manjula. She makes this dessert with chickpea flour, sugar and fat. Her instructions for the recipe are simple and easy to understand. - 126.478
Indian Besan Paare
Want an Indian version of crackers? Or if you are someone who love Indian food or just love snacking or simply restricted to crackers, then here is a recipe to bowl you over. Chef Manjula is making spicy besan paare, a crackers like snack which can be stored... - 130.793
Besan Ka Puda
Want a light breakfast with an Indian twist? Try besan pudda, savory Indian pancake. Chef has a very basic recipe that's simple, quick to make and quiet filling and can be eaten anytime of the day. As she makes the recipe, she provides tips on how to make... - 82.7141
This festive occasion, try making some sweets at home. Chef Bhal Dave here recreates 'mithai magic' with the traditional Indian sweet magaj, that is a treat for the senses. Gram flour fudge packed with goodness of nuts and milk makes for truly an... - 66.5625
Gram flour roasted and made into sweet balls. Make ahead, will keep for a month or two. - 30.866
Masala Pancakes / Indian Savory Pancakes (besan Puda)
Demonstrating how to make Indian style savory pancakes using Gram Flour (i.e. chickpea flour), also called Besan. These Masala Pancakes are stuffed using potatoes and the batter is made using simple Indian spices and grated carrot (shredded Radish/mooli) is... - 0
Besan Ka Ladoo
this is one of the finest sweet enjoyed on every occassion..it is a desert recipe..here is a delicious recipe for u all on this" DIWALI OCCASSION"..."BESAN LADOO"... - 41.8111
Besan Ke Gatte ( Steamed Chickpea Balls Curry)
1. Mix chickpea flour, chopped green chillies, salt, red chili powder, oil with some water.
2. Make kabab shaped gattes out of the besan dough.
3. Put them into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Take them out the water and cut the besan... - 44.7346
Indian Capsicum With Besan Sabzi
The most important part of this recipes it doesn't need lot of preparation and no need to add so many spices. But still it tastes awesome. Capsicum does not have its own taste or flavor. But when it is cooked with besan it gives very nice taste to it. - 116.227
Besan Ke Gatte
The Besan ke Gatte recipe is gram flour dumpling cooked with a yoghurt based gravy. A quick and easy dish to an authentic Indian favorite. Cook up a delicious Indian meal in a jiffy with the simple Besan ke Gatte recipe. - 41.5095
Besan Ka Halwa
1)In a wok, heat ghee and roast besan until light golden on low heat. Stir constantly.
2)Add water and stir constantly, until water is fully absorbed.
3)Fold in sugar and nuts. Mix well.
4)Cook until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and add... - 44.2178
Lasooni Besan Round
Lasooni Besan Round has a different taste. The blend of green chilli and pepper gives the Lasooni Besan Round a fiery taste. - 33.828
There's not a single being who will be able to eat just one, is what I guarantee for this Besan Motiva. This Besan Motiva when served as Dessert is sure to please your family members. The Besan Motiva can be considered the gem of the Indian cuisine. The most... - 41.8129
1. Heat fat. Add gram flour and fry.
2. Remove pan from fire. Cool. Add powdered sugar. Mix well.
3. Add crushed cardamoms. Form into even shaped balls with the hands. - 26.2277
Besan Sev Ki Barfi
Add 1/2 cup water to sugar and cook till the syrup is of a two thread consistency.
Add khoya and blend.
Remove from fire.
Add broken sev, nuts, raisins, cardamom powder and essence.
Pour onto a greased plate and cool.
Cut into squares and serve at room... - 31.453
1. Fry the gram flour in fat. Remove and set aside.
2. Prepare sugar syrup (use 1/2 the amount of water to sugar) of one-string consistency.
3. Add the fried flour and cook till it forms one lump in the centre of the pan.
4. Remove from fire, sprinkle crushed... - 35.0779
1) In a large wok, roast both the flours separately in ghee until golden colour and then mix them together.
2) Add khoya and roast until it gets light golden in color and gets a runny consistency.
3) Add remaining ingredients and switch off heat.... - 39.7963
Spicy Besan Paare
The Besan Pares are a typical tea time snack in North India. They are spicy and crunchy, and they make a fantastic snack. If you love the Indian savory snacks in general, you will love this Besan Paare recipe. Enjoy making it and Manjula will teach you how in... - 147.624
This chutney is very easy to make and will be very nice with puri, chapatti, dosai and idly too. - 42.8333
Besan Ki Karhi
1 In a bowl, churn curd.
2 Add in water, blending well.
3 Stir in the besan, mixing well.
4 Add in the turmeric powder and stir.
5 In a pan, heat ghee and add in asafetida and cumin seeds.
6 Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chillies,... - 44.2461
1. Heat ghee, fry the gram flour until until the flour turns golden
brown in color and a nice aroma comes from it.
2. Add cardamom powder, milk, sugar and keep stirring until the
mixture turns thick
3. Serve it hot, decorated with nuts - 30.8902
1 In a bowl, sift both the flours .
2 Add in a little water and knead them together into a dough as for chapatis.
3 Mix all the above ingredients with the dough except the ghee.
4 Make 12 round balls.
5 Roll out each to a thick round.
6 Spread... - 42.0953
1)In a bowl, make a batter of besan and water.
2)In a saucepan, heat oil and add the batter into it.
3)Constantly stirring cook on medium heat.
4)Add the remaining ingredients and cook until it forms a dough.
5)Turn off heat. Take a platter and... - 44.9286
1) Take a pan and heat ghee to smoking point.
1)In a bowl, add the first 4 ingredients and then add 1/2 cup ghee and water as needed to make stiff pastry.
2)Divide it into 2 portions, making a ball of each. Flatten it and roll each one... - 41.2185
Green Besan Tikka
1. Saute onions and garlic for a few minutes and then add all the vegetables.
2. Mix gram flour (besan) and water together to make an even batter. Cook for some time.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients and cook stirring continuously.
4. Remove mixture onto a... - 36.4223
Besan Ka Puda
This is a super fast and healthy food suitable to eat anytime. As you can see besan ka puda is bachelor's delight. Besan aka Gram flour is famous as high protein, low garb and diabetic friendly. Great if fried in Canola or Olive oil. - 53.757
Indian Besan Ladoo
This is a great quick and easy preparation and a sweet snack or dessert for all to enjoy for this coming Diwali. It is made from pure ghee and gram flour with raisins and nuts. Believe it or not, it gets ready in less than 10 mts! You don’t have to go for... - 110.81
• Melt ghee and fry besan in it till a nice smell comes out.
• Transfer the mixture in another vessel and mix with milk powder.
• Make thick sugar syrup.
• Drop the fried besan mixture in sugar syrup and stir it.
• Transfer it to a... - 30.1282
Sweet,soft,delicious Rava-Besan Ladoo with liberally usage of ghee(clarified butter)tastes yummy!Also with the combination of saffron,raisin and almond this sweet is a real Maharashtrian treat! - 0
Besan Doodh (traditional Punjabi Drink) / Indian Drink
Learn how to make this traditional Punjabi drink which is excellent for cold winter months as well as during pregnancy. It is a well known desi cure for Sore throat. It is really simple to make this drink by adding chickpea flour in ghee, roasting it and then... - 0
French Style Indian Kadhi
Love to experiment? If yes, then you will surely love Chef Bhal Dave's unique attempt to cook Indian 'kadhi' a la French style. The chef here prepares a yummy roux instead of the usual buttermilk gravy to lend a French touch to your regular kadhi. Try this at... - 88.7275
* Grind nicely the garlic with 1/4 cup water, filter and take out that water.
* With the rice flour add besan, chilli powder, salt, jeera or ajwain, garlic water, ghee or butter and add water and mix as chapatti dough.
* Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,... - 39.5678
1. Cut bread in triangle shapes.
2. Make a batter of the remaining ingredients with water (it should be thick).
3. Put one triangle slice in the batter and then steam it.
4. Bake. - 27.9902
1. In a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, turmeric powder, salt and baking soda. Mix them well to combine.
2. Pour water slowly and knead into a soft dough.
3. Wrap it in a cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. In a deep frying... - 111.702
Creamy Spinach Without Cream
Directions for preparation:
• Sauté the onions and asafeotida in oil and add the flour.
• Add the spinach and cook till it is done.
• Add ½ glass of water and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
• Add the chilies and a dash of lemon... - 37.7858
1. Make a paste of green chillies and ginger.
2. Mix the gram flour (besan), buttermilk, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chilli paste and salt very well.
3. Heat the mixture and keep stirring constantly.
4. When it is very thick, test by spreading a little... - 40.9908
Boondi is a very popular snack and is the starting material for making boondi laddu. It is very easy to make. This boondi snack is very popular with people who also enjoy alcoholic beverages. - 33.3873
Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal
If you are a Guajarati living abroad and missing your mother’s homemade Mohanthal, here is the perfect recipe video which shows you how to make this besan barfi or gram flour fudge, with the correct texture and taste that will remind you of the homemade... - 131.261
This Diwali surprise your family and friends with these traditional crispy chorafali. Take a look at this video that demonstrates how to make some absolutely crispy and super delicious chorafali in your kitchen. The video is nicely explained and offers great... - 99.0039
One of my all time favourite dish, perfect during rains.I enjoy it so much that i literally slurp it hot.The flavour of methi seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves along with curd surely tickles your taste buds.My grandmother make a tasty variation, Kadhi with... - 50.5016
Classic Indian Karhi
Want to pep up something light but delicious Indian recipe in your kitchen? Try the recipe for Indian karhi or yogurt soup. The chef here prepares the mild spicy version of yogurt soup; spiciness can be varied as per preference. The mild version is great with... - 102.153
Maharashtrian Style Khandvi
Surali vadi is nothing but Maharashtrian version of Khandvi. Its great snacks that can be prepared quickly and is good appetezier for parties or pot lucks. So try out this wonderful recipe!!! - 116.457
Tikhat Sev (spicy Gathia)
Thikat Sev is the simplest and easiest dish to make among all the other snacks made during Diwali. This dish is quickest to disappear as, during Diwali one is tired of eating sweets. - 45.3815
Maharashtrian Pithala is one of the most relished dish in Maharashtra. Specially if you visit farms in Vidharbha you would see this dish is the speciality of the farmers.With right proportion of ingredients in it this dish tastes amazing! - 27.2814
Simple Rawalpindi Chole
A hot bowl of Rawalpindi chole is a delicacy to enjoy, when it is served with steaming rice or Indian breads like naan, roti, bature etc. It is also a good source of vegetable protein, fiber and loads of minerals. You can make it little less spicy, if you ... - 129.181
Maharashtrian Gram Flour Stew
Stews in Maharashtrian cuisine are made using different lentils or lentil flour every time with seasonings and vegetables. Watch Madhura showing how to make Pithla or Gram Flour Stew with some common vegetables and spices. Ideal to serve with bhakri or jowar... - 117.303
Dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about five minutes.
Mix the flour, besan (gram flour), oil, and sugar together.
Add the yeast solution and mix well, making sure that there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
Set... - 113.758
Chef Manjula is narrating the recipe in detail and showing all ingredients that go into the dish. The video is well shot for an elaborate recipe like gatta kadhi. The dish looks absolutely mouth-watering as described by the chef in the video. The dish is... - 118.351
How about using bread for making a delicious Indian snack? Indian home chef Manjula makes bread pakoda using gram flour and Indian Spices. This snack is best enjoyed with tea during evening. As usual Chef manjula has the detailed recipe with instructions. - 125.349
Gluten-free Spicy Indian Pancake
Gluten free pancakes often don't taste so nice, or contain many ingredients in them, making them a huge pain in the neck to make, and not an easy quick meal. Or they contain really expensive ingredients, or premade gluten free flour mixtures that are not... - 89.9391
Who said that the Thalipeeth is a rustic dish? It is going global, baby! It is a mildly spiced, multi-grain pancake that is flavorsome on your palate. It is also very nutritious. There are many Thalipeeth recipes, but Madhura's recipe here is my favorite.... - 139.729
How To Make Dudhi Thepla And Dudhi Halwa
Dudhi is one vegetable which can give a troubled time when it comes to preparing it. Not any more with versatile thepla and dessert prepared with Dudhi by Bhal Dave. In a simple and easy to cook method, he prepares this wonderful dish in minutes. - 63.6176
Methi Pak Or Adadiya Pak -fudge With Indian Herbs And Spices
If you're looking for some gujarati sweets recipe, then you must check this out. This is a rich gujarati sweet. It's so healthy that even one piece a day keeps you running the whole day. Don't forget to watch the video before trying it at home. - 93.2989
Chakali - A queen of all Diwali delicacies!! I think its hardly to find anybody who doesn't like Chakali. Very crispy and savoury snack prepared all over India during Diwali time. In Maharashtra we prepare chakali by using all kinds of different pulses and we... - 115.501
This vadas are basically crispy sorghum fritters and it's gluten free. - 105.534
Maharashtrian Masala Puri
Breakfast and snacks in India are no less spicy and flavorful refreshingly tasty. Check out chef Madhura showing how to make Masala Puri with puris or whole wheat deep fried small flatbreads with masala mix or spicy mixture. Great evening snack! - 115.843
Very nice, crispy and healthy breakfast recipe. Tastes best when rolled up with roti or paratha! - 106.904
A very popular Maharashtrian dry version of Pithala - Zunka. Very simple and easy to make, a perfect last minute recipe. Tastes so good with Jawar Bhakari, roti or rice.Very spicy, tasty and yummy!!! - 109.207
Three Minute Microwave Dhokla
Now forget about steaming your dhokla in a steamer? Here is a very easy microwave dhokla recipe which anyone on earth can cook. The chef has a detailed recipe and if you have a microwave you can cook the dish in just 3 minutes. Serve the dish with a spicy... - 116.985
Instant Khaman - Nylon Khaman - Gujarati Cuisine
If you're searching for some quick recipes of Indian snacks, then you are at the right place. This is an instant recipe, so if you have some unexpected guests at home then you need not worry. It's so tasty that it melts in your mouth. It can be served with... - 107.672
If you make chaats at home then this recipe would be very useful to you. The chef shows how to make sev and it is very simple and takes about 10-15 mins to make. You can use sev in many Indian snacks. It is very handy as it's prepared before hand. Watch the... - 133.085
Khandvi - Surali Wadi Or Suralichi Vadi - Gujarati Cuisine
If you are fond of eating Gujarati snacks, then you will love the khandvi. It is a famous gujarati snack. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well. You should definitely try this recipe. I'm sure your family and guests will enjoy eating it. Do check out the... - 102.891
Trirangi Khandvi - Tri-color Stuffed Khandvi
To all those who are fond of making Gujarati snacks, should surely check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the stuffed khandvi. She uses different types of filling to make it more tastier. You can serve it with chutney. Do try out this recipe and don't... - 122.247
Patwadi / Maswadi
1. In a mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour, salt and sugar.
2. Pour water slowly and mix it well into a smooth batter without any lumps. Set aside.
3. In a deep pan, heat vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds.
4. Once cumin splutters, add... - 0
Making the Bundis Take rice flour, baking powder and besan in a bowl and whip them together with water to make the batter.
Keep in mind that it will be similar to the batter of a pakora.
Split the batter into two equal halves.
Add the red color to one half of... - 39.5723
Bean Stuffed Vine Leaves
1) In a food processor, chop the beans and carrot.
2) To this, add the tomato puree, paprika, thyme and 4 tablespoons of water.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Now, process this mixture to a granular paste.
5) Into a large ovenproof bowl, transfer... - 46.8645
1. In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and slightly saute onions,add ginger-garlic paste.
2. Now add green chilies,boiled potatoes,garam masala,salt and pepper.
3. Add lime juice and coriander.
4. Mix well and make small balls of this mixture. Keep aside.
5. To the besan... - 38.6084
Soak the dry Black-eyed beans overnight
Grind the soaked beans enough to form a nice texture but not a smooth paste.
Add all the ingredients and mix well.
Form small balls of the mixture
Deep fry till golden brown - 39.1537
Microwaved Curried Green Tomatoes
Want to save time on cooking? Try green tomato curry in microwave and serve with rice or roti. US chef Bhal Dave gives the taste of India at every bite. Very simple but delicious, you can churn out this quick meal in minutes. - 74.964
Celery And Peanut Loaf
1) In a large bowl, put the butter or margarine.
2) On high power, cook for 30 seconds or until melted well.
3) To this, add the onion and celery.
4) On high power, cook for 5 minutes, or until it starts turning brown, stirring as required.
5) Into... - 46.3159
Are you looking for simple way to make Mysore Pak? This recipe is perfect for you. This recipe is especially suitable for kids. Mysore Pak is a delicious Indian sweet. It is a very popular sweet in Karnataka and usually served as dessert. It is made of... - 40.8741
Spicy Spinach Dumplings
1. Mix all the ingredients, using curds if the mixture is too dry for shaping.
2. Shape into small flat rounds.
3. Steam the rounds in a cooker for 5 to 7 minutes. - 31.2477
Green Peas Balls
1. Steam the peas in a pressure cooker for 3-5 minutes.
2. Make a fine paste of ginger and garlic.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, finely cut green chillies, cumin seeds, coriander leaves to the peas.
4. Slightly mash the mix.
5. Now add the corn flour... - 32.8549
Spicy Moong Dal Waffles
1. Soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours. Then wash it very well.
2. Blend the soaked dal in a blender with the green chillies and a little water.
3. Add the fenugreek leaves, gram flour (besan), asafoetida, soda bi-carbonate, sugar and salt and mix... - 28.8038
Kandache Thalipeeth is one of the easiest breakfast you can make. It is a maharashtrian delicacy which is all time favourite for all. Combination of bajra, jowar and wheat flour gives a fabulous taste to the dish! - 27.0442
Magaj ! I love this besan confection with the rich elegance of khoya( sweet milk condense) for my dessert ! Just try this Magaj and I guarantee you'll simply fall for it ! - 38.0709
Aloo Ke Pakore
This aloo ke pakore is one Indian snack which has become international favorite. Watch this video to make these mouth-watering pakore which are popular worldwide and a bite of this crispy snack will take your taste buds to a whole new world of snacking. While... - 117.585
Eggless Tomato Omelette
1. Blend tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, garlic into fine paste.
2. Add both flours, salt and blent it again. (Add water if needed).
3. Add cumin seeds and chopped coriander leaves.
To Make Omelette
1. Heat non stick tava (griddle) and pour some... - 42.349
Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, yoghurt and bicarbonate of soda, in a heatproof bowl.
Hear the 3 tablespoons of oil and when it is very hot pour it over the mixture in the bowl and fold in.
In a separate bowl, combine the yoghurt and bicarbonate of... - 36.2658
Healthy Baked Masala Vada
A classic south Indian snack, masala vada is an all time favorite. It is protein rich due to the goodness of chana dal and is very easy to make. A baked version makes it much healthier without compromising on the taste. - 0
Cooking Stuffed Potatoes And Eggplants On A Stove Top
Healthy vegetables like Potato and Eggplant stuffed with a mixture and cooked on stove top enriches the flavor of the vegetables. A spicy way to eat and present the vegetables, Bale Dave leaves no stone unturned to make it appeasing in taste and look. Try in... - 64.589
The Bhajia ( Deep Fried Vege- Slices) Dinner
Who doesn't drool over the mention of crunchy munchies like Indian bhajias? Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to prepare this fried crispies at home to the perfection. All you have to do is to get the batter right and dip your favorite veggies into it for yummy... - 84.7755
Roast peanuts in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Prepare a batter of gram and rice flours, chilli powder, salt and water.
Add roasted peanuts.
Drop peanuts into the hot oil, one at a time.
Fry till crisp and drain on paper.
Tin when cool. - 38.8114
Palak Ke Pakode
This palak ke pakode recipe is my new favorite as I had never tasted such a crisp snack in my life. Watch this video to try this spinach dish and you would never forget that first bite all your life like me. - 111.797
Paneer Ke Pakore
Paneer ke pakore is one dish which reminds me of my childhood and that, how crazy we kids were for this delicacy, whenever it was festive time or we had some guests over we would keep lingering around the plate just to get some extra pieces. Even you would be... - 116.469
Crunchy Rava Dosa
I'm telling you; you are gonna fall in love with the Crunchy Rava Dosa. This is a typical South Indian breakfast dish that I grew up eating. Once you have the batter ready, you can make these dosas in no time. Watch and learn from Madhura from this video. PS.... - 125.359
Clean the minched chiken. Roast the besan till it gives a nice aroma. Put together besan, salt, green corriander, chillies, ginger, garam masala.
Heat oil for frying. Make balls of the minced chicken mixture.
Put some balls in oil and let it... - 45.5633
Mix all the above ingredients together to form a thick batter
Roll it into a vada shaped tikki
Deep fry in oil till brown on both sides
Serve it hot with tomato sauce/ketchup or coriander chutney - 37.6049
This sandwich pakoda is a delicious snack that you can make with the left over veggies and bread. This batter fried snack is a wonderful treat for teatime and is sure to be a lunchbox favorite too. - 24.7494
Paneer Pasanda - Indian Curry
Learn how to make delicious Indian vegetarian Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) recipe called Paneer Pasanda using basic Indian spices, paneer and chickpea (besan flour) - 0
Deep Fried Bread Pakoras
Are you looking for an Indian recipe that can be a snack, appetizer and even finger food? Something that can be enjoyed with family and can be served to guests or party? Well, Chef Manjula makes deep fried bread pakoras that look stunningly delicious. She is... - 128.321
To make Pakoras / Bhajjias:
Mix the ingredients for the pakora to form a batter.
Add water slowly, ensure that the mixture is not too loose and the consistency should be that of bhajjias.
Deep fry the pakoras in hot oil
Beat the... - 35.6938
1. To make dressing, place yoghurt, coriander, ginger, chilli sauce, garlic and black pepper to taste in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. To make burgers, place soy beans in a food processor or blender and process to roughly chop. Place chopped beans,... - 31.7077
1. To make dressing, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. To make burgers, roughly chop soy beans in a food processor or blender. Combine beans, breadcrumbs, onion, carrot, flour, mint and egg (a). Shape mixture into 6 burgers and roll in sesame seeds (b). Heat... - 35.18