- » Beef Stew Mashed Potato
Beef Stew Mashed Potato Recipes
Enjoy our collection of beef stew mashed potato recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for beef stew mashed potato recipes.
Hearty Beef Turkey And Mashed Potato Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Heat a Dutch oven on high flame. Put in some beef and turkey. Saute for about 7 minutes or till the meat turns pink and release juice.
3. Remove from the heat and pass the meat through a sieve. Drain... - 43.1524
Beef Stew With Potato Crust
Heat oven to 450°.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in potatoes and shortening with pastry blender until particles are the size of peas.
Stir in milk.
On lightly floured cloth-covered board, roll out dough to fit top of 2-qt casserole.
(Dough will be... - 35.7883
Potato Topped Stew
I love potato and it goes without saying that this Potato Topped Stew is my hot favorite. The flavors of mashed potatoes, cheese and seasonings make this Potato Topped Stew taste yum. Just check out the recipe of the rich and flavorsome Potato Topped Stew. - 43.3206
Easy Crockpot Beef Stew
What can be more satisfying to the gut than a pot of piping hot stew on cold winter evenings. Beryl Stokes shares her favorite family crock pot recipe that is sure to hook you up with its rich flavors and succulence. A hearty, slow cooker recipe that surely... - 118.945
Stuffed Beef Olive Stew
Wipe and trim the slices of meat, flatten them with a wet cutlet bat or rolling-pin.
Spread a little forcemeat on each slice, roll up tightly and tie securely with fine string or cotton.
Place the sauce in a saucepan, bring to the boil, and add the... - 22.4195
Method Cut beef into 2 inch cubes.
In a casserole heat oil and, over high heat, brown beef on all sides, a few pieces at a time.
Take out beef, add onions, carrots and celery, lower heat and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
Pour off any excess fat,... - 24.193
Beef Stew Francais
1) Take the meat and cut it to 1-1 ½ sized pieces.
2) Crush the garlic and mince it minutely together with salt with the aid of the flat end of a knife.
3) Take the onion and chop it.
4) Take a heavy saucepan of metal and heat up the oil... - 46.2306
Beef And Bean Stew
Cut beef into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Heat oil in large saucepan or dutch oven; add meat and garlic and sauté until meat is browned. Add onions, beans, sugar, beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Simmer covered 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat... - 30.6192
Potato Topped Stew
Advance preparation: Combine flour, 1 tea spoon salt, and dash pepper in plastic or paper bag.
Shake meat cubes with flour mixture to coat.
In Dutch oven brown the meat in hot shortening.
Stir in soup, instant minced onion, basil, and 3/4 cup water.
Cover;... - 38.6269
Stewed Calf S Heart
1.Start by washing the hearts carefully and remove the veins, arteries and clotted blood
2.In a pot, cover hearts with boiling water and simmer for 1 1/2 hours
3.Also remove all the fat and set aside to cool
4.Now cut the hearts into... - 37.6565
Shaker Herb Beef Stew
Coat beef cubes with mixture of 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
In 3-quart saucepan brown beef cubes in hot oil; add onion, apple juice, and 1 cup water.
Cover; simmer over low heat till meat is tender, 1 1/2 hours.
Add rutabaga, carrots, 1... - 41.297
Hearty Beef Stew
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Cook beef in batches, stirring, for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove beef and set aside. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Return beef to pan.
2. Add stock, tomatoes, potatoes and... - 34.5206
1) In a pan, cook the mixed vegetables as per package directions; drain.
2) In a saucepan, heat 1 1/2 c of the beef broth.
3) Stir in the flour blended with rest of the 1/2 c broth into a smooth paste.
4) Stir frequently and heat until the mixture is... - 39.3669
Baked Beef Stew With Carrots
Trim fat from meat and discard.
Cut meat into 1-inch pieces and mix with onions in a shallow 3 to 3 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake in a 450° oven, uncovered,until meat and onions brown well, about 1 hour; stir occasionally.
Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil on... - 38.6121
Quick Beef Stew
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. To prepare beef cube steaks cut them into 1-inch squares.
3. Take a 10-inch round baking dish or 1-quart shallow casserole and mix well combining beef, frozen vegetables, gravy, onion, Worcestershire sauce,... - 44.1757
Beef Kidney And Eggs Stew
Order a plump red beef kidney.
With a sharp knife cut into crosswise slices 1/4" thick.
Then free the meat of all gristle and fat, and cut into small pieces.
Soak in cold salted water for 1/2 hr., then drain.
Add the boiling water, and simmer uncovered 1... - 37.3407
Southern Style Beef Stew With Dumplings
1. Start by combining first 3 ingredients, in flour mixture dredge meat in hot oil and brown in a Dutch oven
2. Now stir in the next 7 ingredients, cover and simmer for 2 hours
4. Also add potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery, cover and simmer 15... - 42.7423
Beef Heart Stew
This beef heart stew with carrots, tomatoes and onion and a mixture of herbs adds a dose of nice flavor to the stew that goes great over noodles/steamed rice or mashed potatoes. If you plan to cook something hearty at home you probably should go for this beef... - 31.0263
Beef Stew - African Food
African Beef Soup is a hearty dish that can also be served as a main course with some bread or rice. Watch this video recipe for this simple dish that calls for a few ingredients and is very economic. Give it a try! - 115.607
Barbados Beef Stew
1. Sprinkle beef cubes with flour.
2. Melt fat in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and brown well on all sides.
3. Add tomatoes, onions, salt, celery salt, and pepper.
4. Combine vinegar, molasses and water. Add to meat.
5. Cover, with... - 45.174
This classic French dish is a simple to make, one-pot meal. Flavorful ingredients take this simple dish to new heights. Burgundy wine, thyme, onions and hours of marinade time infuse the meat with a lot of wine flavor. - 125.921
Terrific Beer Stew
1) Place the cooking bag in a casserole dish.
2) Combine beef, broth, beer, sugar, salt, pepper and caraway in the bag. Turn the bag multiple times so that the contents mix well.
3) Pull the bag up, and wrap ends with a twist tie leaving a... - 46.5439
Hearty Brunswick Stew
The brunswick stew is a hearty and filling stew made with baking hen, stew beef ad pork roast. Cooked with lima beans. Potatoes and onions, the brunswick stew is prepared with tomato soup and cream styled corn and seasoned to taste. served hot, the brunswick... - 44.5904
Spicy Meatball Stew
Preheat oven to 350Â°E In a medium size bowl, mix together beef, crumbs, grated onions, egg, pepper, and thyme until well blended.
Form into 1-inch balls and brown in hot oil in a skillet.
Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon.
In a 3-quart ovenproof... - 35.0942
Shaker Beef Goulash
1. In a plastic bag combine the 2 tablespoons flour, the 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper.
2. Add the meat cubes to the flour mixture, a few at a time, shake it well to coat it evenly.
3. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat, half at a time.
4.... - 45.8861
1. In large frying pan saute onion in olive oil or salad oil until softened, stir in chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors.
3. To serve accompany with hot corn bread,... - 36.47
1. Cut the beef into 2- or 3-inch cubes
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F
3. In a large skillet, melt the suet over low heat.
4. Add the beef cubes to the fat and sauté until evenly browned.
5. Remove meat with a slotted spoon on to a... - 39.2005
Cabbage Patch Stew
Cabbage patch stew is a ground beef and cabbage stew that can be served as a main course for dinner. Cooked with celery and onions, the cabbage patch stew is flavored with garlic and marjoram and simmered to a finish. Topped with cooked potatoes, the cabbage... - 42.3364
Roll the beef cubes in seasoned flour.
Heat the butter in a heavy casserole.
Add the beef cubes and brown quickly over high heat.
Add the onions and apple and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
Add wine and broth and cook for a few minutes, scraping up... - 41.1844
Heat onions, green pepper and the 1 tablespoon of oil in a deep 3 quart, heat-resistant, non metallic casserole on full power 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
While vegetables are heating, brown the chuck in the 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet on... - 43.8405
Original Shepherd's Pie
Set oven to 350°F
1. Divide your left over beef or lamb stew into two individual serving dishes.
2. Careful top with mock mashed potatoes (creamed cauliflower). Heat in oven at 350°F until slightly browned. - 25.0757
Beef Bourguignon Chef Billy Parisi Style
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large pot add the diced onions, celery, carrots and garlic along with a tablespoon of olive oil and brown.
3. Once done, add in wine, beef stock and let it reduce a little.
4. Once... - 100.778
I am doing this dish of Beef Bourguignon as a special request from a viewer in England named Paul. He contacted me and asked if I would make something in a slow cooker. He is only now getting into cooking and didn't want to look at a cookbook or look for a... - 123.732
Beef bourguignon or beef burgundy - depending on how good your french is... basically beef braised in wine is so good and rewarding - take a run at it. - 116.82
In a large saucpean or Dutch oven brown chicken pieces in hot oil about 15 minutes; remove from pan.
Set aside, reserving drippings.
Add beef, onion, and green pepper to drippings; cook till beef is brown and onion is tender.
Drain off fat.
Stir in undrained... - 40.1402
Gulyas is the hungarian goulash preparation made with beef and fresh veggies. Flavored with herbes and canned tomatoes, this hungarian gulyas is cooked with beef stock. With a little added sour cream this hungarian goulash makes one filling meal when paired... - 43.8569
Original Plymouth Succotash
Simmer corned beef and chicken together until tender.
Drain, reserving broth, and cut beef and chicken into serving pieces, discarding chicken bones.
Soak beans overnight in water to cover.
Next day, add more water if necessary to cover, bring to boil, and... - 44.0904
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion until it is soft and beginning to brown.
Transfer the onion to a large flameproof casserole dish.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the meat, a little at a time, until it is brown.
Add to the... - 44.126
Pot Au Feu
A healthy pot au feu recipe for the special French dinner that you have planned. You would have no trouble at all in cooking it and its taste would also be uncompromising. People would be impressed at your culinary skill.Try this healthy pot au feu recipe and... - 32.4835
Minestrone, North Beach Style
Minestrone North Beach Style has a divine taste. Minestrone North Beach Style gets it taste from red meat mixed with cooked vegetables and topped with cheese. Minestrone North Beach Style is inspired by many chefs around the world. - 45.0487
Lamb Stew, Braised Greens With A Fried Egg And Colcannon
Gavan Murphy cooks with Paula Deen on her Food Network show, Paula's Best Dishes. They cook up some classic dishes.... the healthy way. They're making a Lamb Stew, Braised Greens with a Fried Egg and an Irish Potato classic, Colcannon. - 101.25
Brunswick stew is a traditional dish from American south. It is mostly made with beef, pork, chicken or rabbit. this dish originated in Germany. Brunswick stew can be served with rice. This stew makes a delicious meal speicaly in winters. - 48.0238
Pull off and discard husks and stems from fresh tomatillos.
Rinse well and slice 1/4 inch thick.
Pour oil into a 12- to 14-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add beef and cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink (5 minutes).
Add... - 32.2095
Lamb And Mushroom Stew
1. In a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, frequently stir lamb until browned, about 15 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer lamb to a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, rinse common mushrooms, trim stem ends, and quarter mushrooms. Rinse shiitakes, discard stems,... - 33.829
Hutsepot is a traditional recipe. Hutsepot is a Dutch recipe mainly getting its taste from mixed meat and mashed potatoes. Hutsepot is inspired by many restaurants all over the Europe. - 43.0429
1. In a large frying pan saute onion in olive oil or salad oil such that softened, stir in chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer with cover for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Serve over hot corn... - 36.1374
1. Cut the chicken wings apart at the joints, combine it with water, onion, tomatoes, steak sauce, cayenne and three teaspoons of salt in a Dutch oven, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for half an hour
2. In a bowl, mix the rest of the half teaspoon... - 38.2646
Add On Vichyssoise
Prepare leeks, then coarsely chop.
Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat.
Add leeks and onion; cook, stirring often, until leeks are very soft and slightly tinged with brown (about 30 minutes).
Add potatoes, broth, and cucumber.
Bring to a boil... - 42.1696
Beef In Beer
Brown the sliced onions gently in lard.
Beat some small slices of steak very flat, and fry them for 5 minutes in the lard, then take them out of the frying-pan.
Stir the flour into the fat.
When browned gradually stir in the beer and stock to make a smooth... - 31.9953
Beef And Kidney Hot Pot
Mix the first six ingredients together; scrape into a greased 1-quart casserole.
Stir egg blended with milk into the cooled potato; spoon over meat mixture and ruffle top with a fork.
Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly hot and lightly browned. - 25.3556
Slow Cooker Beef
1) In a plastic bag, combine together the salt, pepper and flour.
2) In small batches, add the beef to the bag and shake well to coat it.
3) In a saucepan, sauté the beef in oil.
4) In a slow cooker, put the browned meat and stir in the mushroom soup... - 42.0305
Beef Olives Casserole
1) Cut meat into pieces of about 4 by 3 inches.
2) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to make stuffing and then divide spread on the meat evenly.
3) Make rolls or dumplings depending upon the size of meat pieces. Cover with thin string... - 43.5798
Trim off any fat, then cut meat into large thin slices.
Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a flameproof casserole.
Add the meat and brown over a high heat.
Remove beef from pan and put aside.
Peel and finely chop onions.
Add onions to pan with remaining... - 42.3887
Corned Beef With Mustard Sauce
1. In a large kettle or Dutch pan,
2. Place corned beef and pour enough water to cover the meat.
3. Add bay leaves, peppercorns and garlic to the meat.
4. Place the kettle on a high flame and bring water to a boil.
5. Reduce the flame and simmer meat... - 43.8616
Red Cabbage Beef
1) Take a frying pan and heat the fat in it.
2) Allow the meat and thin onion slices to brown in the hot fat.
3) Add bay leaf and anise before seasoning it with salt and pepper.
4) Add vinegar to the meat after pouring boiling water over it.
5) The red... - 45.9868
Boeuf Braise Flamande (flemish Style Braised Beef)
Bermuda or Large Onion, sliced in rounds Salt and Pepper In deep flame proof casserole heat the oil and brown the meat thoroughly on all sides.
Take out, add the vegetables, turn down the heat, cover and cook gently for 5-7 minutes or until the oil is... - 43.1568
This swiss steak recipe is made with a roudn steak along with vegetables. Pounded and floured, the steak is roasted in gravy for a rich and filling meal. Sided with mashed potatoes, this swiss steak makes a complete dinner. - 38.796
Potato And Meat Casserole
This casserole is kind of a shepherd’s pie with a Latin twist. I made it with small cubed beef but it can be made with ground beef as well. It is also a great way to use left over mashed potatoes. - 128.716
Boeuf Braise Flamande
In deep flame-proof casserole heat the oil and brown the meat thoroughly on all sides.
Take out, add the vegetables, turn down the heat, cover and cook gently for 5-7 minutes or until the oil is absorbed.
Replace the meat, add the ale, stock, Bouquet Garni,... - 38.1434
Wash and peel potatoes.
Cut potatoes in quarters.
In a medium saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or till tender.
Mash with a potato masher or with an electric mixer on low speed.
Add... - 43.7222
Basil Hamburger Pie
In a large skillet cook ground beef till brown. Drain well in a strainer or colander. Wipe skillet with paper towels. Return beef to the skillet.
Stir stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, minced onion, and basil into meat in the skillet. Stir in frozen peas and... - 32.1123
Wipe meat with damp cloth.
Mix flour, 1 teasp salt, pepper and chili powder, and roll meat in this mixture; brown in hot oil.
Pour off excess oil.
Mix tomato sauce, water, 1/2 teasp salt and bay leaf.
Pour over meat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/4 hours.
Add... - 45.5029
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
2) Heat a pan with oil and butter. Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
3) Put in mince meat and brown lightly. Pour in stock, wine and sauces and stir.
4) Let it come to... - 45.6453
Classic Carbonada Criolla
1) In a pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic, until browned.
2) Stir in the meat, tomatoes and herbs, and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Put in butter, maize, carrot and stock.
4) Simmer for about 1 hour until the meat is just done.
5) Mix in... - 43.7155
Steak And Kidney Pie
1. With a clean kitchen towel, pat the steak dry and clean.
2. Trim off the excess fat and gristle from the steak
3. Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes and add to a bowl.
4. Trim core from the kidney and cube. Combine with steak.
5. Dust the meat... - 47.0649
Rouladen is a German recipe. The Rauladen is a meat roll and it gets its incredible taste from combination of pork and beef mixed with carrot and diced with salt and pepper. - 41.0118
Cut apart chicken wings at joints with a sharp knife.
Combine with onion, water, tomatoes, steak sauce, cayenne and 3 teaspoons of the salt in a large heavy kettle or Dutch oven.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat; cover.
Simmer 30 minutes.
Mix ground beef lightly... - 41.3204
Meatballs In Chicken Soup
1. Cut apart chicken wings at joints with a sharp knife. Combine with onion, water, tomatoes, steak sauce, cayenne and 3 tea spoons of the salt in a large heavy kettle or Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat; cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
2. Mix ground beef... - 28.312
Belgian Veal Blanquette
In a flameproof casserole lightly brown pieces of veal in 3 tablespoons butter.
Add 1 cup consomme and herbs, shallots, and nutmeg.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add water to cover.
Bring to a boil.
Lower heat, cover, and simmer over low heat until... - 47.2686
Shepherd's Pie With Mustard Greens
Since it’s cold, it’s the perfect weather for warm foods like soups, stews, and Shepherd’s Pie. Husband really loves Shepherd’s Pie. I do too. (Good that we both like it. It’s a bummer when one person hates the dinner and the other is gobbling it... - 0
Steak And Kidney Pie
1. Defrost the pastry if frozen.
2. Wash, trim fat off and cut steak into 1-inch pieces.
Wash the kidneys, remove sinuous coating and finely chop the kidneys.
3. Peel and thinly slice the onion and mushrooms.
4. Peel and crush the garlic, if... - 45.6254