- » Beef Shin
Beef Shin Recipes
Enjoy our collection of beef shin recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for beef shin recipes.
Red'stewed Shin Of Beef
Red'Stewed Shin Of Beef is a yummmy meat preparation that will definitely be a winner at the next party you host. I served the Red'Stewed Shin Of Beef last week for my husbands' colleagues and they loved it. Donâ€™t miss this one out. - 41.8289
Oxtail Or Beef Shin Soup With Orzo
In a large pot, place the beef broth, oxtails (or beef shins), tomatoes, onions, corn, peppers, garlic, coriander, leaves, and zucchini.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until the oxtails and vegetables are fork-tender.
With a skimmer, or a... - 43.8359
Red-cooked Shin Of Beef
This Red-Cooked Shin of Beef is a superly delicious dish that you must try ! Enjoy these meat slices with gravy with rice or noodles and please do come up with suggestions if you have any ! - 45.4792
Potted Hough Shin Of Beef
1. Pat dry meat and cut into 1" cubes.
2. Clean and wash the bones.
3. In a pan add water and salt. Cover the meat and bones in it and boil over simmering heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Drain out the meat, add spices and herbs. Simmer for 1-1... - 38.6285
Jellied Shin Of Beef (red Cooked)
Put the shin, whole, in a heavy saucepan with the water.
Bring to the boil.
Skim the surface and after 3 minutes reduce the heat.
Add all the other ingredients, cover and simmer gently for 4 hours, turning the meat occasionally.
Add more water if... - 42.0405
Shin Sol Lo
First prepare the fish.
Dip the fish pieces in the cornflour (cornstarch) batter and set aside for 5 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large frying-pan.
When it is hot, add the fish pieces and fry gently for 5 minutes on each side, or until the flesh just... - 40.7428
Scrape the marrow from bones and put in large kettle.
Cut meat into 1-inch cubes.
Melt the marrow, add half the meat, and brown.
Add bones, remaining meat, and water.
Bring slowly to boil, and skim.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil; cover and... - 39.3428
Basic Beef Stock
1 Place beef, shin of beef, marrow bones and veal knuckle in a large kettle; add water to cover, about 4 quarts. Heat to boiling; skim off foam that appears on top. Add salt, carrots, onions, celery, turnip and leek; tie parsley, peppercorns, cloves and bay... - 30.4971
Basic Beef Broth
1) In a large kettle, add beef, beef shin, marrow bones and veal knuckle. Pour in about 3-quarts of water. Let the mixture come to a boil. Skim the fat off from the surface.
2) Add in the salt, carrots, onion, celery, turnip and leek. Tie together... - 44.3075
Simplified Jamaican Beef Soup
Want to keep yourself warm on a cold day? Try making this simplified Jamaican Beef Soup with Microdac chef. As he says this is not the classic recipe as he did not have many of the ingredients but this recipe yielded a decent soup. Follow his step by step... - 101.217
John's Big Beef Pie
Melt the butter in a large casserole dish with a lid.
Add the onions and cook over a medium heat until they're soft and caramelised, about 10-15 minutes.
Scoop out then add the beef and cook it over a high heat until browned all over (you might need to do... - 45.8316
Basic Beef Stock
1. Place beef, shin of beef, marrowbones and veal knuckle in a large kettle; add water to cover, about 16 cups. Heat to boiling; skim off foam that appears on top. Add salt, carrots, onions, celery, turnip and leek; tie parsley, peppercorns, cloves and bay... - 37.3058
Pound the lemongrass using a pestle and mortar or whizz in a spice grinder, set aside.
Toast the coriander, cumin and turmeric in a dry pan until fragrant then grind using the pestle and mortar or grinder.
Heat the coconut cream in a large wide pan until it... - 40.8912
Spicy Beef Noodle Soup (bun Bo Hue)
This Vietnamese Soup is not your regular soup. The beef stock is poured over a bowl, of vermicelli, beef and some vegetables mixed to make a cracking pot meal! All in a bowl to nustle into! A video which could be a tad better never the less the recipe is easy... - 90.7091
A Big Thick Beef Barley Soup
Trim the shin meat or brisket of any visible fat.
Heat the oil in a very large pot and brown the meat very well on both sides.
When the second side is brown, add the onion and garlic, and fry until the vegetables are soft.
Add the carrots, water, tomato... - 47.1515
Beef Kidney Soup
The end product of this brilliant Kidney Soup recipe is simply one of the best soups I have come across. A perfectly well rounded presence of flavors and amazing texture makes this my favorite! Try it for yourself! - 41.1952
Place the meat and the bones in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring the water to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Remove the scum which accumulates on the surface.
In the work bowl roughly chop the vegetables and add, together with all... - 34.3365
Homemade Beef Stock
1. Place beef, bones, onion, carrots, celery, herbs, peppercorns and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
2. Strain stock and refrigerate overnight.
3. Skim fat from... - 30.4961
Trim beef, and cover with water.
Bring to boil, and skim.
Add soy sauce, sugar, ginger, sherry and anise, and cook over medium heat about 2 hours.
Add sesame-seed oil, and cook about 20 minutes longer.
Slice meat, and serve hot or cold. - 31.2947
1) Remove fat and gristle from the meat and cut meat into small pieces.
2) In a fireproof dish, pace the meat pieces with water and seasonings.
3) With buttered paper and kitchen foil, cover the dish closely and tuck well round all the... - 39.5621
Place beef and bone in large kettle, cover with water and add salt.
Cover kettle, bring to boil and skim.
Simmer 4 hours; then remove bone, skin and fat.
Chop meat, and reserve.
Add remaining ingredients, except parsley, cover, and simmer 1/2 hour.
Add meat,... - 40.3557
Simple Beef Stock
Put the bones into a large saucepan, then add the other ingredients and the bouquet garni tied together and cover with cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, skim the surface well, then simmer very gently, half-covered, for 4 to 5 hours (very slow simmering... - 32.8343
Petite Marmite With French Bread
Put first 9 ingredients in a large soup kettle.
Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 4 1/2 hours.
Take out chicken pieces, meat and bones.
Remove meat from bones and return meat to soup.
Add herb seasoning and... - 43.6636
Beef Borsch With Sour Cream
1) Arrange all the ingredients a day before serving.
2) Quarter the onions.
2) To make the beef borsch: In a deep, 8-quart kettle, place beef, marrow bone, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 quarts water.
3) Cover the kettle, and bring to... - 45.1008
Asian Spiced Beef
This Spiced Beef is one of the best beef dishes that I've ever tasted ! Try out this spicy beef with savory sauces and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Spiced Beef are welcome ! - 46.9185
Soy Braised Beef
This Braised Beef is one of the yummiest beef dishes that I've ever tasted ! Try out these savory beef cubes in tomato, sherry and garlic gravy and tell me if you like them ! Your suggestions for this Braised Beef are welcome ! - 42.0535
Everyday Beef Goulash
Goulash is a Hungarian dish. Goulash is a soup made of beef and vegetable, flavored with red pepper and served with sour cream. Goulash has a spicy and fiery taste which makes it a perfect winter soup. - 40.615
Put the marrow bone and beef in a roasting pan.
Cook for about 1 hour in a preheated moderate oven, 180°C (350°F), until browned.
Put the bones and meat in a large pan.
Chop the vegetables and add to the pan with the garlic, bouquet garni and salt and... - 40.4977
Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring to the boil slowly and immediately reduce the heat to a slow simmer.
Cover the pan with a well-fitting lid and simmer for 4 hours, removing any scum that rises to the surface.
Strain the stock through a... - 34.9362
Braised Brisket Of Beef
1. To prepare the beef trim it of excess fat, cut into matchbox-size chunks.
2. In a pan of boiling water blanch for 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and remove the beef with a strainer.
3. Add the sugar to the liquid.
4. After 10... - 43.1119
Want a delicious beef stew recipe from the Nawab's Kitchen? Well, the chef in this video reveals one of the most secret recipe that is Beef Nihari. She slow cooks the beef shanks with onion garlic and a very specific Nihari masala or spice mix and tempers it... - 122.872
Basic Brown Stock
Place all the ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and skim off any foam that rises to the top.
Partially cover and continue to cook over very low heat for 2 1/2 hours.
Strain and refrigerate overnight.
Remove fat from... - 28.9364
Congo Soup (gros Bouillon Habitant)
Heat lard in a large soup kettle.
Add shin bones, soup beef, and marrow bone and brown to a rich golden color.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Add salt, ground pepper, and pepper pods.
Simmer covered 45 minutes, skimming soup twice.
Add remaining ingredients... - 42.8071
Aniseed Beef! Doesnâ€™t it sound unique and Tasty? For all beef lover the Aniseed Beef is god given. At home the vessels are licked clean, and at the parties they never stop asking for another serve. Try this amazing Aniseed Beef recipe. - 36.6706
Cut the meat and the giblet into cubes, approximately 2.5 cm (1 in), and place into the work bowl, 1 1/2 cups at a time.
Process for about 10 seconds.
Chop the carrot and the leeks roughly into small pieces and place into work bowl, 2 cups at a... - 40.5793
Slice beef finely and place in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove surface fat, skim off floating particles and strain.
Prepare vegetables and cut into thin slices.
Fry vegetables in... - 42.7971
Vegetable Beef Soup
1) In a 8-quart kettle, put in together beef, onion, salt and 2 quarts water.
2) Put the lid on and heat to boil, skim surface using a spoon.
3) Lower the heat and cook, covered, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
4) Take the kettle away from... - 46.1272
Beef Stock Or Bouillon
1. Remove the meat from the shinbone and reserve. Place the shinbone and marrow bones in boiling water, cook five minutes and drain well.
2. Place the bones and all the meat including the trimmings in a large kettle. Add three quarts of water. Bring to a... - 37.6483
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils used in cooking.
2) In a large frying pan, melt the margarine.
3) Fry the meat until brown all over evenly. ... - 39.2299
Cider Beef With Mushrooms
1) Keep the onions and meat overnight in the cider marinade.
2) Next day, drain the meat and onions and reserve the marinade.
3) In a frying pan,... - 38.5665
Beef Stew (red Cooked)
Cut the beef, carrot and swede into 3-cm (1 -in) cubes.
Put all the ingredients in a casserole and add just enough water to cover the meat.
Cover and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Or place in an oven at 180°C,... - 37.9707
Wash and dice the beef roughly (preferably shin of beef).
Fry the finely chopped onions golden yellow in hot lard, sprinkle with paprika and add meat.
Stir and add half of the wine and a little water; season with salt, a pinch of marjoram and some... - 41.3814
Beef Braised With Onions, Carrots And Guinness
Trim the meat and cut into convenient serving pieces; do not make them too small.
Heat the oil or fat and put in the bay leaves.
Let them crackle, but put the lid on, for they jump and spatter the oil.
Then add the beef and fry on both sides; when half done,... - 41.7749
Beef And Bean Casserole
1) In a basin, place the haricot beans, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 1 hour.
2) In a cooker, melt the margarine or lard.
3) Add the onion and carrots and saute until begin to color.
4) Add the meat and fry until... - 44.7519
Basic Beef Stock
1) In a large pot add chopped beef bones, water, carrot, onion, leek, celery stalk, bay leaf, thyme, parsley, salt and peppercorns and cloves.
2) Gently boil the stock, scooping out any scum that surfaces.
3) Place lid, reduce the heat and gently... - 41.8693
Gut meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes, trimming off any fat.
In a large skillet, brown meat in oil, using just a little at first and adding more as it is needed.
Lift meat out and put in a 5-quart heavy-bottom pot.
Brown onions in same pan used for browning... - 41.3785
Pot Au Feu
Pot Au Feu has an implausible taste. The beef and carrot gives the Pot Au Feu a rousing taste. Pot Au Feu is inspired by restaurants across the world. Must catch it. - 46.7451
Five Spice Beef
Basic stock : 1) Trim off the excess fat from the chicken pieces and pork spare-ribs.
2) In a large pot, place the chicken and pork with the cold water, ginger and spring onions.
3) Bring to a boil and skim off the surface scum.
4) Then simmer,... - 44.108
Hearty Beef And Vegetable Soup
1) In a very large kettle, place beef, marrowbone, 1 tablespoon salt, and 4 quarts water.
2) Cover the kettle and let the mixture boil.
3) Skim surface.
4) Add cabbage, onion, carrot, celery, green pepper, and tomatoes.
5) Again blil then cover and... - 49.2378
The day before serving, place beef shin and bones in shallow roasting pan; roast in 400 Â°F oven until browned.
Place in Dutch oven or soup kettle with remaining stock ingredients; bring to boil.
Skim if necessary; cover with lid ajar.
Simmer 3 to 4 hours,... - 43.4659
Beef Pepperpot Stew With Spillers Dumpling
This is the time to taste an incredibly delicious Caribbean stew. Beef pepperpot stew with Spillars dumpling is a fantastic dish which anybody would want after a long hectic day. Prepared by using beef, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and a variety of... - 115.008
Stewed Beef Northern Style
1. In a wok or large frying-pan heat oil until it is very hot and add the beef.
2. Stir-fry until brown, (This should take about 10 minutes.)
3. Pour off any excess fat and save 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan.
4. Reheat the oil, add the spring onion,... - 46.0214
Clarified broths called consommés have been in use since the Middle Ages, taking many forms from simple soups, to displays of excess made from the meat of a wide variety of less-common animals.
A special type of consommé that was boiled solely with tendons... - 41.3696
Beef Steak And Kidney Pot Pie
Here comes a classic preparation of pot pie, which you could have tasted only in your childhood at your Grand mom's place. These traditional recipes are not regularly prepared at home, but under this suitable guidance, you too can cook this up without any big... - 127.435
All Purpose Rich Brown Beef Stock
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, place the bone and knuckle pieces and cover with cold water.
2) Bring to a rapid boil until bubbly, then drain off the water and rinse the bones under running cold water.
3) Rinse the pressure cooker, return the bones... - 45.8763
1. In a large pot or heavy saucepan, place hough and nap bone.
2. Add enough cold water to cover about 3 pints (1 3/4 liters).
3. Bring to the boil and skim off the scum that may surface.
4. Cover pot, reduce heat and simmer meat and bone for almost 4... - 35.562
Make Consomme and allow to cool, when it will set into a light jelly.
If the weather is hot and you have no refrigerator, dissolve 2 level teaspoons powdered gelatine in consomme.
Beat lightly before putting into soup cups.
Garnish with slices of cucumber or... - 34.1119
Use shin of beef, cut into 2 oz. cubes.
Heat the finely chopped onions in the fat (don't fry them); add the crushed garlic, paprika, caraway seed and marjoram, stir well and then add a little water.
After boiling a few mins., put in the meat, salt, cover and... - 37.4989
Rinse meats in cold water.
Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil, skimming when necessary, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 1 hour.
Add onions, tomatoes, cabbage, beetroot, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, paprika, sugar and... - 43.4147
Brown Stock Or Bouillon
1. Wash the bones.
2. Trim any fat off the meat and cut into 1 -inch cubes.
3. Spread bones and half the meat cubes in a roasting pan, and spread with shortening.
4. Cook in the oven at 425°F, turning the bones and meat over 2 or 3 times, until the meat is... - 36.7566
Simple Beef Stock
Put the bones and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
Skim off any scum.
When the scum stops rising, add the rest of the ingredients.
Cover and simmer for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until the liquid is reduced by about half.
Strain the stock.
If you... - 34.814
Hearty Beef Soup
Cover bones with stock and vinegar.
Simmer for 2 hours.
Remove bones and skim top.
Add remaining ingredients, cover and rimmer for 20 minutes more. - 33.673
Beef Barley Vegetable Soup
1) Place meat in kettle and cover with cold water, add required seasoning.
2) Heat slowly till it boils, cover with lid.
3) Reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours or till the meat is just cooked through.
4) Remove off the fat.
5) Now remove meat... - 40.0948
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a roasting pan, put in the bones.
3.Place in oven and let brown.
4..In a large stockpot filled with water put in the browned bones and bring to a boil gradually
5. Let simmer covered for 30 minutes over... - 41.312
Beef And Vegetable Soup
Place shank, water, salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, oregano, celery and onion in a 5-quart, enameled, iron pot.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer over low fire for 4 hours or until meat is done and loosened from the bone.
Take meat from broth, removing all... - 39.2559
First Brown Stock
Scrape the bones, remove fat and marrow and wash the bones in hot water.
Wipe the meat with a damp cloth and cut it into small pieces, removing any fat.
Put all into a pan and add the cold water and salt.
Soak for 1/2 hr.
Bring very slowly to simmering point... - 38.1012
Swedish Meat Soup With Root Vegetables
Put the beef bones, beef and cold water into a large soup pot.
Cover and cook over high heat until water boils.
Add salt and onion studded with cloves.
Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until meat is tender, skimming frequently.
Carefully... - 46.7048
Cut beef into small cubes and put in a saucepan with water, salt and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about I1/2 hours. Meanwhile, peel and shred or finely slice beetroot, carrots and turnip, and chop onion. Melt butter... - 30.941
Slow-cooked Minestrone Soup
Place shin of beef in a well cooker or large kettle.
Add water, 2 tablesp of the salt and the beans.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Re-cover, and simmer for 4 hrs.
Heat oil in a skillet, and brown the garlic cloves in it.
Remove the garlic.
Then saute... - 45.4362
Pot Au Feu
1. Place the meat in a large soup kettle. Add the water, salt and bouquet garni. Bring to a boil, skimming frequently. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the meat is almost tender, four hours or longer.
2. Add the vegetables and simmer until tender,... - 29.0184
Tortellini In Brodo
1. In a large soup pot place the beef bones, and cover with water.
2. Crumble in the bouillon cube.
3. Place pot on medium high flame and bring water to a rapid boil.
4. Skim off the scum that surfaces when blanching the bones.
5. Add the vegetables... - 46.7992
Steak And Kidney Stew
Cut the meat in large cubes.
Slice the kidney.
Toss the meat, kidney, and onion in the seasoned flour.
Put into a casserole with the thyme and parsley.
Cover the lot with a piece of aluminum foil, which you press down over the stew.
Now put on a... - 42.5539
1. In large kettle place shin of beef, 1 tablespoon salt and 4 quarts water.
2. Bring to boiling, covered and then skim surface.
3. Add carrots, parsley, celery, onion and bay leaf simmer, uncovered, 3 hours.
4. Remove beef and carrots set aside and... - 46.9187
A Real Goulash
Brown the onions well in oil or beef dripping.
Cut the meat into large pieces (at least 5 cm/2 inch each) and stir into the onions but do not brown the meat.
Pour in enough water to just cover the meat and sprinkle in the paprika.
Cook very gently until the... - 37.3999
Everyday Brown Stock
1. In a stock pot, brown the knuckles.
2. Add the water and bring gradually to boil. Simmer for 2-3 hours, by skimming frequently.
3. In a another saucepan, fry the vegetables (including the onion skins) in some of the fat until brown.... - 42.6962
1. In a pot bring all the vegetables cut into small pieces together with the meat and other ingredients slowly to the boil.
2. Then simmer for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours and season with salt and pepper.
3. The meat can be removed and served separately as a... - 40.8945
Meat And Vegetable Stew
Meat And Vegetable Stew is an amazingly delicious recipe. Try this Meat And Vegetable Stew; I bet you will have a huge fan following for this one. - 40.308
Ukrainian Cabbage Meat Soup A One Dish Meal
Ukrainian Cabbage Meat Soup is definitely a tasty One Dish Meal! A unique Soup that is simply irresistible, it is perfect for your parties or a grand dinner at home! I made this for my husband for our anniversary dinner and he loved it! Try the Ukrainian... - 51.2294
Ground Nut Stew
Melt the fat or dripping in a saucepan.
Add the beef and fry until the chunks are browned on all sides.
Remove them from the pan.
Add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry until lightly browned.
Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and chilli powder, then... - 40.3174
1) In a flat plate place, flour mixed with paprika, salt and pepper.
2) Roll the beef in seasoned flour and coat well.
3) In a saucepan, melt dripping and sautÃ© the meat until browned on all the sides.
4) Stir in onions and garlic,... - 48.1652
Brown Stock Or Bouillon
1. Have the butcher cut most of the meat from the bone; crack the bone. Wipe the meat with a clean, damp cloth, cut the meat into small squares.
2. Brown it in the fat, add cold water. Heat uncovered until the water boils, continue to simmer for 10 to 15... - 35.6176
Brown Soup Stock
Have butcher crack bones, and cut meat in if cubes.
Put 2 tablesp marrow in kettle and brown 1/3 of the meat in it over low heat, turning to brown on all sides.
Add remaining meat and water, and boil" 10 min., uncovered.
Remove scum and simmer, partially... - 41.8978
Hung Shao Niu Nan
Heat oil in a frying pan; add the meat and brown on both sides.
Add pepper, gingerroot, garlic, and scallion.
Transfer meat mixture to a saucepan, add salt, sugar, soy sauce, sesame-seed oil, and sherry.
Add enough boiling water to cover meat.
Bring liquid to... - 45.0112
Cut the meat into cubes.
Put into cold water together with all the other ingredients except the egg whites and the Irish whiskey.
The onions should be cut in two across the waistline, but they should not be skinned.
The carrots are scrubbed but not... - 46.2417
Roasted Gigot Of Monkfish With Espagnole Sauce
1. For the sauce, heat the dripping in a large, heavy-based pan, add the shin of beef and fry over a medium-high heat, stirring from time to time, until nicely browned. Add carrot, celery, onion, bacon and crushed chillies, then fry for 10 mins until lightly... - 37.8194
Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup
Old fashioned vegetable soup is a herbed vegetable soup. Made with a medley of vegetables and cooked in water, this vegetable soup can be cooked in broth or bases of choice too. - 38.8092
1) Boil the potatoes partially for 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water until they can be easily penetrated for 1/4 inch or so using the point of a sharp knife.
2) Skin them and cut them into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
3) In a 4- or 5-quart heavy... - 44.9144
Hogs Hamburgers Over The Grill
1. Crumble the bread into breadcrumbs
2. Finely grind the dried herbs
3. Combine all the ingredients well in a large bowl
4. Shape the mix into large patties and place the patties on a buttered metal tray
5. Chill these patties for one... - 42.1039
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a cooker, heat the butter and fry the onion, garlic and carrots until they are beginning to colour.
3) Lift out the vegetable mixture and drain well.
4) In the hot butter, brown the pieces of veal,... - 45.6894
Beef Shin Recipes By Category