- » Beef Cognac Onion
Beef Cognac Onion Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Beef Cognac Onion recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Beef Cognac Onion recipes.
Dijon And Cognac Beef Stew
Cook salt pork in heavy, large, nonaluminum skillet over medium heat until golden.
Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to 4 quart saucepan or Dutch oven.
Add onion and shallot to skillet and brown quickly over high heat.
Transfer to saucepan using slotted... - 44.7821
Old Fashioned Beef Stew With Cognac
Make a bed of half the vegetables and seasoning.
Cover with remaining vegetables.
Moisten gently, pouring broth or wine and cognac around side of clay baker (do not wash away seasoning, which must remain on top).
Close and bake. - 33.5515
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
In a skillet, heat oil and 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter.
Remove cooking fat from skillet, except 1 tbsp (15 mL).
Lightly brown onion and garlic.
Mix in cognac.
Simmer 3-5 minutes.
Remove tenderloins from... - 40.5262
Classic Onion Soup In Beef Stock
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan melt butter and cook onions over moderate heat with constant stirring such that the onion is soft and pale gold.
2. Stir for 1 minute sprinkling little flour, add the stock gradually and bring it to a boil stirring... - 41.4979
French Onion Soup In A Onion Bowl
Heat a heavy sauce pan over moderate heat with the butter and oil. When the butter has melted, sitr in the onions, cover and cook slowly until tender and translucent. (About 10 min.)
Blend in the salt and sugar, increase the heat to medium high and let... - 44.3572
French Onion Soup In A Cheese-topped Onion Bowl
If you love being different, then this will definitely appeal to you…or anyone else!! A rather innovative way of serving a French Onion soup, this soup is simple and makes a great presentation. Be careful not to go soft on those whole onions while cooking. - 119.937
Onion Soup In Mugs
Saute onions in butter until a very light golden color.
Bring bouillon cubes and water to a boil.
Add sauteed onions, salt and pepper.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. - 30.9972
Rolled Beef, Italian Style
This rolled beef italian style is a cooked and ground meat stuffed recipe made with a round beef steak. Filled with pork and ham mix with cheese, eggs and parsley, the rolled beef is flavored with onions, garlic, oregano. Cooked in broth and cognac, I love to... - 46.4097
Delicious French Onion Soup
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven.
Add onion; cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
Add sugar, salt, and pepper; stir well.
Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Gradually add water, beef broth, and... - 46.3906
1. In a skillet, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. Add onion, cover skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly browned.
3. Stir the salt, sugar, flour and Vermouth into the onions until well blended.
4. Tip the onion mixture... - 43.1989
Onion Soup – French Style
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook over a moderate heat, stirring constantly, until soft and pale gold in colour. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for about 1 minute, then gradually pour in the stock. Bring the mixture to the boil,... - 37.5049
1. Preheat oven moderate to 325°F.
2. Take a covered 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Heat butter and oil, cook onions slowly for 15 minutes.
3. Uncover and stir occasionally. Increase heat to moderate.
4. Stir in sugar and fry for about... - 45.1849
Rich Onion Soup
In covered 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven cook onions slowly with butter and 1 tablespoon oil 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
Uncover; increase heat to moderate.
Add sugar; saute onions, stirring frequently, about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle... - 42.9972
Beef En Casserole
1. Quarter the mushrooms through the stem without disconnecting stem and cap. Do not peel the mushrooms.
2. In a heavy saucepan heat one tablespoon of the butter, add the meat and brown on all sides. Heat the cognac, ignite it and add to the meat. Remove the... - 35.9191
In 5-quart Dutch oven cook bacon till crisp; remove and set aside.
Add oil to bacon drippings.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper; toss beef cubes with flour mixture to coat.
Cook half the beef, the chopped onion, and garlic in the hot oil mixture till beef is... - 42.5638
Beef Bourguignonne! Were you looking for a tasty meat preperation that you can serve for a dinner party? Then BBeef Bourguignonne is definitely the recipe for you. Beef Bourguignonne is a unique dish that your guest will love. - 44.8217
Italian Beef Roll
Pound steak with meat mallet to 1/4 inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine beaten egg, pork, ham, parmesan cheese, and parsley; spread pork mixture evenly over meat.
Roll up jelly-roll style, beginning at short side.
Tie meat securely with... - 42.6684
Beef A La Bourguignonne
Oil bottom of baker.
Make bed of parsley.
Arrange meat cubes in tight rows.
Moisten with wine and tomato paste diluted in beef broth.
Close and bake.
After 2 hours of cooking, open baker (be careful of steam), add just... - 43.8982
Best Beef Stroganoff
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Brown the beef for 1 to 2 minutes, transfer to a warm platter, and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
2. Melt the butter in the skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and... - 33.7749
Butter Ragout Of Beef
Marinate meat in claret to cover.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Drain and dry beef.
Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
Dredge with flour.
Brown meat in skillet on all sides in butter.
Place meat in deep heavy saucepan.
Strain grease and... - 43.7157
Beef, Burgundy Style
This yummy Beef, Burgundy Style is brilliant. I served it for a few unexpected guests last week and they loved it. I have been giving its recipe to all of them ever since. Try this Beef, Burgundy Style for yourself. - 43.2187
Country French Beef Stew
This country french beef stew is a flavorful beef stew prepared with mushrooms and carrots. Cooked with cubed beef and bacon to taste, the country french beef stew has red wine in it. Prepared with added soup mix of choice, this french beef stew is savory and... - 47.699
Toss beef cubes with flour.
In large skillet brown beef on all sides in mixture of the 1/4 cup butter and olive oil.
Heat cognac in small saucepan; set aflame and pour over beef.
When flame subsides, transfer beef mixture to a casserole dish or a Dutch oven;... - 42.013
Rich Beef Steak And Kidney Pie
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Cut the steak into cubes and trim off the fat from the kidneys and then cut into cubes.
3) Roll the kidney and steak in flourand and sear in hot butter.
4) Stir in sliced onions and cook in the hot fat... - 44.0621
Rolled Beef Italian Style
With meat mallet, pound a generous amount of salt and pepper into steak till meat is 1/4 inch thick.
Combine egg, pork, ham, Parmesan, and parsley.
Spread pork mixture evenly over steak; roll up meat as for jelly roll.
Press seams together; tie securely with... - 44.5389
Braised Beef A La Mode
Tie meat in a compact form and lard through center with pork fat, according to directions .
Combine salt and pepper, vegetables, herbs, garlic, and red wine.
Add Cognac or not, as you please.
Marinate meat in this mixture for 6 hours or overnight, turning... - 43.9739
Chestnut Stuffing With Beef Broth
1. Cut gashes in the flat side of each chestnut. Heat the oil, add the chestnuts and cook over brisk heat three minutes, stirring or shaking the pan constantly. Drain and let cool. Remove the shells and inner skins.
2. Cook the chestnuts in the broth about... - 33.274
Jellied Beef A La Mode
Brown the piece of beef on all sides in the fat in a Dutch oven or heavy skillet as you would a pot roast, and drain off any fat remaining.
Warm the cognac in a small pan, light it, and pour it flaming over the meat.
When the flames die down add... - 43.6258
Beef Tenderloin With Horseradish And Shallots
Melt half of the butter in a roasting pan on top of the stove, add the beef and sear evenly all over.
Season, then transfer to a preheated 425° oven.
Roast for 45-50 minutes (the beef will be rare).
Meanwhile, place the shallots in a piece of foil, season... - 41.7629
Beef Tenderloin With Chestnuts
To make the marinade: wash the celery and chop coarsely.
Put the celery, carrot, onions and garlic into a terrine dish just large enough to hold the meat.
Add the thyme sprig, bay leaf and black peppercorns.
Put the meat in the dish.
Pouroverthe cognac, red... - 43.6895
Classic Beef And Red Wine Casserole
Rub beef with salt; sprinkle with pepper.
Blend all marinade ingredients.
Pour marinade into glass or ceramic bowl.
Add beef; turn it several times, so that all sides are coated with marinade.
Cover; marinate in refrigerator 12 to 24 hours.
Turn beef... - 43.0983
I am doing this dish of Beef Bourguignon as a special request from a viewer in England named Paul. He contacted me and asked if I would make something in a slow cooker. He is only now getting into cooking and didn't want to look at a cookbook or look for a... - 120.392
Beef Stew In Red Wine
Brown bacon in a heavy frying pan and remove meat.
Season beef with salt and pepper; add to the hot bacon drippings and brown on all sides.
Transfer meat and crisp bacon to a 3-quart ovenproof casserole.
Add small onions to the drippings and brown lightly;... - 39.6545
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Place a medium skillet on low heat, add chuck, 2 tsp salt, 1 garlic clove, chili powder and tequila and sauté to turn chuck brown. Mix in kidney beans to prepare the meat filling.
3. Take a... - 44.7277
Beef In Burgundy Sauce
1. Cut the beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Working in batches, brown the meat in the skillet; do not overcrowd the pan or the meat will steam rather than brown. The browner the meat, the darker the gravy. Transfer the... - 45.858
Beef Braised In Red Wine
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2. Rub salt on the beef roast. Sprinkle pepper over it.
3. In a bowl mix all marinade ingredients.
4. Transfer into glass or ceramic bowl.
5. Dip the beef roast into and turn several times to coat evenly.
6.... - 43.7876
Burgundy Beef Withparslied Fettuccine
Trim far from beef; cur beef into 1-inch cubes, and place in a large bowl.
Combine wine and next 5 ingredients, stirring well; pour marinade mixture over beef.
Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours.
Drain beef, reserving marinade.
Set beef aside.
Strain... - 42.9031
Blue Cheese Burgers
Make your ho-hum burgers truly extraordinary with melted blue cheese. Just load it up with your favorite patties, veggies, loads of melted cheese, your favorite relish, marinades and add-ons and you have a burger to die for. Plus, it's really easy to assemble... - 127.152
1) In a skillet, saute the bacon, until brown and crisp, drain and keep aside.
2)In a brown paper bag, add the flour, salt and pepper together, then add the beef cubes, in batches and shake, until thoroughly coated.
3) In the skillet drippings, saute... - 43.3247
Rib Roast Braised In Wine
1. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
2. Dredge the roast with flour. In a Dutch oven, heat the butter, add the meat and brown on all sides.
3. Add the onions, leeks, carrots and garlic and saute until browned.
4. Add the wine and seasonings. Ignite the... - 35.2229
Sprinkle tenderloin with garlic salt and pepper.
Insert meat thermometer into tenderloin, making sure it does not touch fat.
Grill over medium coals 15 minutes on each side or until thermometer registers 140° (rare), 160° (medium), or 170° (well done).
Set... - 45.246
Soupe A L Oignon Gratinee
Soupe A L Oignon Gratinee, the most traditional french recipe can now be prepared in your own kitchen. As difficult it may sound, no doubt it€™s enough for a hearty meal. This version of soup is served with Gruyere or crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, perfect... - 50.5574
Braised Curried Short Ribs
Would you like to prepare Braised Curried Shortribs at home? This recipe is best for your preparation. I am telling this because I had tried this recipe personally on my son’s birthday. Everybody appreciated the dish and I proved myself to be a good cook in... - 50.2176
Steak Au Poivre
Wipe steak with damp paper towels.
Press pepper well into each side of steak.
Cover with waxed paper, and let stand at least 1/2 hour to let flavor of pepper penetrate meat.
Pan-broil steak in lightly greased skillet, and cook to desired doneness.
Remove to... - 38.249
Hamburger On The Lean Side
1) Trim off all the fat from the meat before grinding.
2) Fry the chopped onions in olive oil until golden brown.
3) Season well with the curry powder, cognac, salt, pepper and meat sauce.
4) Mix well with the mushrooms, raw egg and... - 43.7655
Boeuf Bourguignon I
1. Pour the salad or peanut oil into the bottom of a two-quart flameproof casserole and add one slice of the fatback.
2. Add the diced carrots and cover them with a single layer of one-third of the sliced beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle the... - 40.8595
Steak Tartar With Brandy
This Steak Tartare is one of the best cracker spreads that I've ever eaten. Tell your family how much you love them with this Steak Tartare and tell me what you think about thisfabulous dish ! - 35.0548
Boeuf Bourguignon Ii
1. Roll the beef cubes in flour and brown them on all sides in a skillet over high heat in four tablespoons each of the butter and olive oil.
2. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper, pour the cognac over it and ignite. When the flame dies, transfer meat to... - 38.9506
Steak Tartar Lausanne
1. Divide the raw beef into four portions and shape into patties. Place the patties on chilled plates. Make a small indentation in the center of each and place one egg yolk in each.
2. Garnish each serving with two anchovies and sprinkle with capers, onion... - 31.0229
1) Combine together beef, onion, garlic, allspice, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 cup chopped dill, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
2) Shape the mixture into 30 walnut-size meatballs.
3) In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, heat oil and brown... - 45.2052
Heat 3 TB olive oil over high heat in a heavy metal casserole.
When oil is on verge of smoking, brown meat rapidly, 1 pound at a time.
When browned, remove it to a bowl.
(If you do not have a metal casserole,-brown the meat in a frying pan; then continue,... - 43.484
Chat 'n Dish: Daube Provencal
Daube Provencal inspired by Helene Barale's daube served at her amazing restaurant Chez Barale in Old Town Nice France but modernized and shortened for easy preparation in our American kitchens. Who has 8-10 hours to spend cooking one dish? Yes there is... - 111.485
Terrine De Faisan Le St. Germain
Remove skin and bones from pheasant; reserve.
Cut meat into large pieces.
Transfer to large bowl.
Add Madeira and Cognac.
Cover and let marinate for 24 hours in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
Crack pheasant bones.
Cut skin into large pieces.
Combine... - 42.2536
Roast Veal Normandy
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sage, celery salt, and ground pepper, and rub over entire surface of the roast.
Using a large ovenproof pan, brown the veal well on all sides in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil.
This should take about 10 minutes... - 43.211
Steak Au Poivre
Trim fat from steaks.
Combine pepper and salt.
Sprinkle both sides of steaks with pepper mixture-press into surface.
Place steaks on the cooking grill.
Grill 6 to 7 minutes for rare, 7 to 9 minutes for medium, or 9 to 11 minutes for well-done, turning once... - 40.0781
Pork Tenderloins With Leeks
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– In an oven-proof skillet, melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, saute but do not brown the leeks, half the onions and celery, then remove from heat, add breadcrumbs and seasoning, and let stand to cool.
– Slice pork... - 39.3137
Rich Navarin Of Lamb
In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil and butter.
Over medium heat, brown lamb, a few pieces at a time.
Transfer with a slotted spoon to a deep ovenproof casserole.
Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil.
Cut a shallow X in the root end of each pearl onion and... - 42.6684
Basic Brown Sauce
1. In a skillet heat butter. Add onions and carrots, sautÃ© for 20 minutes.
2. Stir in sugar and cook vegetables over high heat.
3. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes.
4. Mix flour and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in bouillon, water, garlic,... - 41.5352
Kail each lobster by plunging a knife into the thorax.
Break off the tail and cut it crosswise into thirds with the shell on.
Cut the body in half and remove the coral and liver.
Refrigerate them for later use.
Discard the remaining body.
Break off the claws... - 44.1213
Galantine Of Chicken
Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, pepper and allspice.
In a mixing bowl combine the meat, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, spices and salt.
Spread the mixture over the chicken, cover with the tongue and ham strips.
Sprinkle with the pistachio nuts,... - 43.2706
Ternera Con Guisantes
Heat olive oil in a casserole.
When oil is hot, put in thyme, bay leaf, garlic, cinnamon, pepper grains, carrot, and tomatoes (if you use puree, add it later with the wine).
Brown meat well on all sides with the herbs and vegetables over a moderate... - 44.3947
Marinated Pork Chops With Sauce Robert
The day before the barbecue, place pork chops in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
Season with salt and pepper.
Mix marinade ingredients and pour over chops.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, remove chops from marinade and bring... - 42.6387
Coq Au Vin
1. For the Brown-Braised Onions: In a skillet, heat butter and oil.
2. Add the onions and saute over moderate heat for 10 minutes, rolling the onions about so they will brown as evenly as possible.
3. Pour in the stock, season to taste, and add the... - 108.863
Pate De Campagne With Walnuts
Combine the ground veal, ground pork, pork fat, coarse salt, pepper, thyme, allspice, tarragon, oregano, garlic, crushed juniper berries, cognac, Madeira, eggs and onions.
Blend thoroughly without overworking the mixture.
To test for seasoning, saute, cool,... - 44.3371
Terrine Of Venison Campagne
Combine venison, veal and Cognac in large bowl and let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shallot, onion, bay leaves, garlic, herbs and spices and saute until vegetables are... - 43.3472