- » Batter
Batter is a mixture made of flour, water or any other liquid. The word batter is derived from the French word Battre meaning to beat. The consistency and ingredients included in the batter would vary depending on the ... More »
If you are always on the lookout for new varieties of waffles, this is one you must give a try. The batter is slightly different from the standard pancake mix. The taste and texture are excellent Enjoy them for a snack if you can’t wait until breakfast the... - 111.815
Fried Bananas Part 1 - Preparing The Batter
This video is in 1 parts this is Fried Bananas Part 1 - Preparing the Batter. Please watch part 2 for complete recipe.Thai cuisine is rich with typical Tropical ingredients and plantain is one such ingredient. Chef Pailin shows how to make Fried Bananas using... - 99.2667
Adai Dosa And Dal Vada From Refrigerated Batter
Looking for some quick-fixes to satisfy your hunger? Try adai dosa and dal vada. Chef Bhal Dave uses quick refrigerated batter to whomp up two easy delicacies that will appease your hunger in a snap. The next time you hit for the bag of potato wafers, reach... - 75.2592
Batter For Waffle Or Pancakes
The success of your waffles or pancakes depend on a good batter. And that is exactly what this recipe teaches you to do. This classic batter recipe is so easy to make and so supremely delish that you will look for excuses to treat your family to waffles and... - 74.3883
Christmas Cake- Part 1 -preparing Batter
This is part 1 of a 2 part video series. In this video you will learn about the ingredients used to prepare a Christmas cake and start with the batter. Watch part 2 for the finished cake. - 70.8891
Scallops Baked In Batter
Does eating good food make you happy, why not try this extremely delicious recipe for Scallops Baked in Batter? Relatively simple, this Scallops Baked in Batter doesn't take much of your time, but leaves you with utmost satisfaction of having made something... - 49.6184
Batter bread is a simple to make bread. Unlike other bread recipes, it needs little or no kneading. You can make it fresh every day or bake it ahead of time and freeze it. Before serving just reheat it. Being a very basic bread, batter bread goes well as a... - 47.5437
No-knead Batter Bread
No-knead batter bread are so easy to prepare. They do not need kneading. All the work is done with the fermentation. Another good point of no knead bread is that you can prepare the batter in advance and refrigerate it when desired. Try no knead batter bread... - 45.5716
Do you want a delicious Batter Bread recipe? I prepare this yum Batter Bread as a Appetizer every month or even more often. Surely, Batter Bread is a recipe one can try out any time. - 44.9499
1) Cut the potatoes along the length, into 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick slices.
2) In a bowl, add flour, herbs, and salt. Gradually beat in egg and milk until smooth.
3) Dip the potato slices into the batter.
4) In a pan, add enough fat and... - 43.9663
Calf 's Feet In Batter
Simmer the calf s feet in boiling salted water to cover for one and one half hours.
Add the mixed vegetables, bay leaf and allspice berries, and continue cooking for about one and one half hours more, or until the meat is tender and separates from the... - 43.8011
Batter Fried Flounder Fillets Marinated With Herbs
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Place fish fillets in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
3. Season them lightly and pour the marinade over. Steep 1 hour, turning fillets over occasionally.
4. Make batter while steeping the fillets. Season... - 43.6254
Oregano Batter Bread
1 In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2 In a pan, scald milk, allow to cool until lukewarm.
3 Pour milk, sugar, salt, oregano leaves, egg, oil and 2 cups of the flour to yeast.
4 Using an electric mixer, beat on high speed for... - 43.5178
Mushrooms In Batter
1) Trim the mushrooms.
2) Toss them in 2 tbsp of the flour.
3) Ina bowl, sift the remaining flour and salt and make a well in the center.
4) Add the egg and oil and with a wooden spoon mix everything, drawing the flour into the... - 43.1899
Batter Dipped Fish
1) In a shallow flat dish, place the milk.
2) Add the flounder in the milk and let it soak for 5 minutes.
3) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4) Lightly oil a slotted broiler pan.
5) Dust the fish in the flour to coat.
6) Then dip in the egg... - 43.113
Individual Whole Wheat Batter Loaves
1. You will need warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90 °F.) for compressed.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
3. Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
4. Add... - 42.307
Three-wheat Batter Bread
In a large mixer bowl combine 1 aip of the all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, wheat germ, cracked wheat, yeast, and ginger.
In a saucepan heat the milk, honey, oil, and salt just till warm (115Â° to 120Â°).
Add to flour mixture.
Beat at low speed... - 42.2045
Beef In Batter
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 425° F
2. Take a bowl and sift the flour, salt, cayenne and nutmeg together into it.
3. Add the beaten eggs to it slowly a little at a time and beat the mixture thoroughly until smooth.
4. Chill the... - 42.1516
Soft Batter Bread
1) Into the saucepan, combine together the milk, cornmeal, butter and salt
2) Over a medium flame, cook the mixture till slightly thickened taking care to stir continuously
3) Take the saucepan off the heat
4) Into a bowl add the egg yolks and using... - 42.0002
Cornmeal Batter Dipped Fish
1) Slice fish into serving-sized portions.
2) Take a bowl and mix together cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper in it.
3) Mix in milk, egg, and fat or cooking oil until smooth.
4) Into this batter, dip fish and allow draining over bowl.
5)... - 41.8907
Currant Batter Bread
1. Heat milk, sugar, salt and butter or margarine in a small saucepan, just until butter is melted. Cool milk mixture to lukewarm. Stir in orange rind.
2. Measure very warm water into a large bowl; sprinkle in yeast. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably... - 41.4526
Herbed Seafood Crepes Herbed Batter
Crepes: Place flour, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, oil, parsley, chives and basil in blender; blend on high speed 30 seconds, or beat well together.
Pour mixture into bowl, stand 30 minutes.
Heat heavy pan grease with butter.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan, cook... - 41.0711
Four-grain Batter Bread
Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
Add 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, the milk, sugar, salt and baking soda.
Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
Stir in whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oats... - 40.2706
Mix milk with sugar, salt, and butter, stirring until sugar dissolves; cool to lukewarm.
Place warm water in a large warm bowl, sprinkle in yeast, and stir to dissolve; add milk mixture.
Stir in flour and beat vigorously until well blended, about 2... - 39.9162
Chicken In Batter
Combine 2 teaspoons salt, pepper, chives, 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon thyme, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice rub into chicken pieces.
Let stand for 1 hour; blend flour, remaining salt, and cold water to smooth paste; add eggs.
Add baking... - 39.4637
1) Into a pot, bring the water to boil
2) Add in the butter to melt
3) Take the pot off the fire and add the cornmeal and stir well
4) Add the eggs one at a time stirring well after each addition
5) Add in the baking powder, salt and buttermilk and mix... - 39.0774
Easy White Batter Bread
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
In large bowl of electric mixer, sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cakes into water; let stand for a few minutes, then stir until dissolved.
Add 3 1/4 cups... - 38.8524
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Use a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole to grease evenly. Place aside.
3) In a saucepan, pour in 2 1/2 cups milk.
4) Place over heat to scald the milk.
5) In a bowl, combine Corn Bread or Corn Muffin Mix... - 38.788
Herb Batter Bread
Dissolve the yeast in warm water in a mixing bowl.
Add the shortening, salt, sugar and half the flour and beat for 2 minutes, scraping side and bottom of bowl frequently.
Add remaining flour, nutmeg, sage and caraway seed and blend until smooth.
Cover with a... - 38.248
Cheese Batter Bake
1) With a wooden spoon, combine together flour, salt and eggs to a smooth paste.
2) Make a thick batter, a little thicker than those for pancakes by pouring in enough milk.
3) Heat oil and sauté onion in it until golden.
4) Into a 2 1/2-pint greased... - 37.8449
Prawns Fried In Batter
1. Prepare a batter with flour, yolk of egg, milk, seasoning and salad oil. Mix well and set aside.
2. Shell prawns. Remove intestines. Wash thoroughly. Drain on cloth to dry.
3. Beat white of egg stiffly and fold into the batter.
4. Heat enough fat to deep... - 37.835
Whole Wheat Batter Crackers
Combine first 11 ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process on high speed 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping twice to scrape down sides.
Pour 1/2 cup batter into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray; tilt pan to evenly... - 37.6437
Shrimps In Batter
Shrimps In Batter is a mouth watering recipe which you would surely want to get to your guests attention. This great tasting and easy to prepare recipe will surely tempt you to serve to your loved ones. So make sure you dish out this Shrimps In Batter and let... - 37.395
Tom And Jerry Batter
Beat egg whites until stiff, add salt.
Beat egg yolks until light.
Cream butter with powdered sugar and mix until crumbly.
Add egg yolks and flavorings, mix well.
Add spices and egg whites.
Beat until well mixed.
Batter will keep for several weeks in... - 37.1039
Prawns In Batter
Remove the shells from the prawns (shrimp), leaving the tails intact.
Remove the heads and any tentacles.
To make the batter, beat all of the ingredients together in a shallow bowl with a whisk or wooden spoon until they are thoroughly blended.
Set the bowl... - 37.0906
Plain Batter Bread
Add 2 teaspoons sugar to water in mixing bowl.
Dissolve yeast in this water, and let stand 10 minutes.
Add shortening, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 1 1/2 cups flour.
Beat 2 minutes in electric mixer at medium speed or 300 strokes by hand.
Scrape sides and... - 36.9704
Eggplants In Batter
Peel the eggplants and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Make a thick batter with the paprika, flour, the cream cheese, 5 tablespoons cold water, the eggs and the grated cheese.
Peel, core and slice the apples.
Sprinkle the celery salt over the apple slices and... - 36.8325
Cauliflower In Batter
Remove leaves from cauliflower.
Slice cauliflower in half.
Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with salted water.
Bring water to a boil.
Cook over high heat 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain on paper towels; cool.
Put 1-1/2 cups water... - 36.2079
White Batter Bread
Pour warm water into a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle yeast over water; stir until dissolved.
Add shortening, salt, sugar, and 1 1/2 cups flour.
Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer or 300 vigorous strokes by hand.
Scrape sides and bottom of bowl... - 36.0292
Oysters Fried In Batter
These Oysters Fried in Batter are a guaranteed addiction ! Just try them once with a savory sauce to know what I mean ! Let me know if you've liked these Oysters Fried in Batter ! - 35.7121
Batter Recipes By Category