- » Basque Bread
Basque Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of basque bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for basque bread recipes.
Basque Sheepherder's Bread
In a large bowl, combine hot water, butter, sugar, and salt.
Stir until butter melts; let cool to about 110°.
Stir in yeast, cover, and set in a warm place until bubbly (about 15 minutes).
Beat in about 5 cups of the flour to make a thick batter.
Stir in... - 38.7299
You May Also Like!
Basque Tuna Baguette
To Make Dressing: In a food processor with the metal blade, process all the ingredients until well blended.
To Assemble Sandwich: Cut the bread in half horizontally.
Hollow out the top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. (It may be easier if you also cut... - 42.292
Chicken Basque With Condensed Tomato Soup
2. In a large skillet add the shortening and brown the chicken in it.
3. Transfer the ingredients to a 3 quart casserole.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the casserole.
5. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add wine and soup while stirring... - 46.2153
Basque Style Eggplant Peppers And Tomatoes
1. Lightly coat the eggplant cubes with seasoned flour
2. In a large pan, heat oil over a medium flame.
3. Add eggplant to the hot oil and fry for 7-8 minutes until evenly browned.
4. Tip in the peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes then tip in the... - 40.8854
1) Fry the green pepper gently in oil in 20 cm (8 in.) nonstick frying-pan.
2) Add tomatoes and tuna and stir for 2 minutes.
3) Add eggs and seasoning.
4) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Arrange the anchovy fillets on top of it.
6) Cook on hot grill for 1... - 39.5796
Sopa De Pescado A La Vasca (basque Fish Soup)
Fry garlic, carrots, onion, and leeks or shallots in olive oil very slowly for 15 minutes.
Add a sprig of thyme and a bay leaf.
Put in fish and fry gently-for 3 minutes.
Heat cognac, pour it over fish and vegetables, light it, and let flames die.
Pour in 10... - 43.1346
Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the shallot and garlic until lightly browned.
Add the green peppers and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
Cook gently until soft and pulpy.
Beat the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper... - 42.2804
1) In a thick, covered saucepan, sauté onion, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes gently until translucent.
2) Stir in garlic, salt and thyme.
3) Take off the mixture from heat and then mix in eggs.
4) Serve on fried bread after garnishing with... - 37.3593
1) In a large heavy skillet, stir-fry the onions and pepper in the lard and 1 tablespoon butter over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until softened.
2) Add the garlic and tomatoes and stir-fry for further 5-8 minutes until the mixture is almost... - 42.1598