- » Basque
Basque food native to the basque ethnicity encompassing regions from the Pyrenees mountains, Bay of Biscay, parts of Spain and France is characterized by the abundant usage of sea produce and vegetation from fertile ... More »
Basque cuisine is an amalgamation of Spanish and French cultures and here is a recipe to cook chicken from the cuisine. Watch how to make Chicken Basque in Spanish French style using chicken parts with a few common flavors and a wine. Good to serve with rice. - 107.161
Vegetable Bisque Soup
Nothing can addict you to it in minutes like this Vegetable Bisque Soup recipe. A delicious Side Dish, the Vegetable Bisque Soup completes your meal. I shall look forward to your comments on this recipe. - 52.9731
Mom Malone's Basque Pickled Tongue
This Mom Malone's Basque Pickled Tongue is by far the best of its kind I have ever had. Incredibly delicious and lusciously inviting, make sure you try out this easy and simple Mom Malone's Basque Pickled Tongue, because this can be a sure short cut way to... - 50.1777
Meaty Basque Vegetable Soup
1. Combine beans and water; soak overnight.
2. Rinse beans and place in a large saucepan with water; bring it to boil.
3. Remove from heat; cover and let it stand for 1 hour; do not drain.
4. Add chicken pieces and salt; bring it to... - 47.6132
1) Wash and peel the potatoes and slice them into thin rounds.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute the onion and garlic.
3) After 2 minutes, add in chicken bouillon, pimiento, parsley, salt and water.
4) Arrange the potatoes slices over... - 47.2608
1) Prepare the pastry.
2) Take two-thirds of the dough and roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
3) Use the dough to line the flan ring and fill with jam.
4) Using the remaining dough, roll out to a round and place over the top of the... - 46.5627
Basque Chicken With Almonds And Olives
Wash the chicken in cold salted water.
Rinse and drain well.
Cut the whole breasts into quarters lengthwise (or sixths if they're large).
Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
Use a vegetable peeler to cut the zest from the lemon, with no white pith; cut the zest... - 46.5582
This is a wonderful Piperade recipe. You can serve this lovely dish to your family for a nice homely dinner or for a dinner party, trust me they will all love it. Try the Piperade for yourself! - 46.5092
Basque Style Veal Breast
Put the bacon and onions in a casserole large enough to hold the meat.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Add the bell peppers to the casserole.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Mix the tomato juice with the vinegar and brown... - 46.4502
Chicken Basque With Condensed Tomato Soup
2. In a large skillet add the shortening and brown the chicken in it.
3. Transfer the ingredients to a 3 quart casserole.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the casserole.
5. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add wine and soup while stirring... - 46.2153
Chop bacon and fry in large frying pan, spoon out into 5 qt. Dutch oven
In bacon grease, brown chicken well on all sides; spoon out into Dutch oven.
Add boiling onions and tomatoes in drippings from chicken.
Saute green salad onions, mushrooms and peppers (if... - 45.9377
Basque Style Chicken
1. In a sauté pan, fry the diced ham or bacon in the oil such that lightly brown and transfer to a serving plate using a slotted spoon.
2. To the pan add chicken, let it cook such that golden brown and keep aside.
3. To the empty pan add the onions... - 45.832
You'll simply love the Basque Artichokes from the American cusine. An easy to make side dish, the Basque Artichokes is one of the best recipes that you can mouth! Please let us know if you agree with us. - 44.9577
Flo's Chicken Basque
1)Choose a medium saucepan.Melt butter.
2)Add the flour and seasoning and mix till blended.
3)Add stock, stirring occasionally
4)Once it comes to boiling poit, let it boil for 2 minutes
5)Pour the heavy cream,sherry and egg yolks
6) Now toss in... - 44.824
Coat chicken quarters with mixture of the flour, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper, and chili powder; brown in oil in large frying pan.
(Use two frying pans to save time.) Remove browned chicken and arrange it in bottom of large casserole, 8 quarts or larger.
In same... - 44.7277
Blanch, peel and chop tomatoes.
Seed and chop peppers.
Peel and slice onions.
Peel and crush garlic.
Heat oil in skillet.
Add onions and garlic and cook till golden.
Add peppers and tomatoes and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper,... - 44.0738
Halibut With Grilled Piperade
Prepare a fire for direct-heat cooking in a grill .
Position the grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) above the fire.
To prepare the piperade, arrange the onion slices and bell pepper rings on the rack.
Brush lightly with some of the olive oil and sprinkle with... - 44.0375
Basque Chicken In Red Wine With Olives And Peppers
In a large, heavy casserole, cook the bacon over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the pieces begin to separate and the fat has covered the bottom of the pan.
Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 10 minutes over medium-high heat to... - 43.6849
Tomatoes Piperade is a tasty meal that is perfect for an elaborate weekday dinner. This tasty dish is my husbands favorite and it doesnâ€™t take too much time to prepare it. Try this excellent Tomatoes Piperade recipe at home! - 43.6369
Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
Brown chicken pieces on both sides until golden.
Remove chicken and place in a 13" x 9" baking dish; reserve drippings in skillet.
Saute eggplant, mushrooms,... - 43.3842
Piperade Stuffed Tomatoes
1. To prepare the tomatoes, slicing the tops off tomatoes reserve them for lids.
2. Using a grapefruit knife or spoon, out centers of tomatoes, chop centers and set aside.
3. On a plate place the tomato cases, cut-side down, to drain.
4. In a medium... - 43.3479
Basque Style Chicken Breasts
1) In a large flameproof casserole, fry chicken breasts in oil over moderate heat and turn regularly till brown.
2) Place fried chicken on plate, loosely covered, and keep aside.
3) In the leftover oil in the casserole, add onion and fry lightly till... - 43.3434
Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 350°F, 180°C, 10 mins before baking.
Lightly grease and flour an 8 in/20.5 cm round, 2 in/5 cm deep, loose-bottomed cake tin.
To make pastry, sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
Place butter, egg and yolks,... - 43.2294
Basque Chicken Pie
To make filling, wash peppers and remove cores, pith and seeds.
Finely chop peppers.
Peel and chop onion and tomatoes.
Heat oil in a medium skillet; gently fry peppers, onion and garlic about 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, ham and chicken; simmer a few... - 43.2202
Basque Shepherds Pie
In 8x1 1/2-inch round baking dish, combine potatoes and water to cover.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes or till tender.
Drain and remove from dish.
In same dish, cook bacon, covered with paper toweling, at HIGH for 31/2 to 4 minutes or till... - 42.6873
Liver In Basque Style
Cut the aubergines into 1/4-inch thick slices, sprinkle with salt, and leave in a colander to drain for 1 hour.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and when hot fry the drained and dried aubergine slices until brown on both sides.
Remove and keep... - 42.6509
Aumdniere De Piperade
1 In a bowl, add all the pancake ingredients and prepare a batter to the consistency of liquid cream.
2 In a heavy iron pan with very little butter, fry 6 very thin pancakes.
3 Cool them on an absobent paper or drip tay.
4 In a pan, add oil... - 42.5451
Basque Style Piperade
Rinse and seed the bell peppers and remove the pith.
Slice the flesh into thin strips and then dice.
Put the bell pepper strips into a souffle mold (mould) 18 inches (45 cm) in diameter, cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Remove the stalks from the... - 42.5016
1. Prepare the peppers by washing them, removing the seeds and slicing very thinly.
2. In a pan heat the oil, add the peppers and the onion, chopped very finely and saute all together.
3. Just before it is fully cooked, add tomatoes,... - 42.4432
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, salt and pepper. Whisk well and keep aside.
2. In a medium sized wok, combine butter and garlic.
3. Once butter melts, add onions and peppers and mix well. SautÃ© on a medium flame for 3 to 5... - 42.3378
Basque Tuna Baguette
To Make Dressing: In a food processor with the metal blade, process all the ingredients until well blended.
To Assemble Sandwich: Cut the bread in half horizontally.
Hollow out the top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. (It may be easier if you also cut... - 42.292
Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the shallot and garlic until lightly browned.
Add the green peppers and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
Cook gently until soft and pulpy.
Beat the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper... - 42.2804
Place ham hocks and onion in a 3- to 4-quart pan; add water to cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat is tender when pierced, about 2 hours.
Lift out ham; discard onion and broth.
When ham is cool enough to handle, discard... - 42.1986
1) In a large heavy skillet, stir-fry the onions and pepper in the lard and 1 tablespoon butter over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until softened.
2) Add the garlic and tomatoes and stir-fry for further 5-8 minutes until the mixture is almost... - 42.1598
Heat oil in a heavy pot.
Add scallions and saute over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted.
Add saffron and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add the rice and stir, coating grains well with oil.
Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pour in chicken... - 41.9218
1) Pare the potatoes and cut them crosswise in half.
2) In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes or till the potatoes are soft but not crumbly. Drain the cut crosswise once again into 1/8-inch slices.
3) Over medium... - 41.8208
1) In a large skillet, heat oil. Saute the onions, green pepper and garlic. In about 3 minutes, when they turn soft, take the garlic out with a slotted spoon.
2) Slice the tomatoes into wedges. Toss into the skillet along with 1/2 teaspoon salt,... - 41.7631
Sift together the flour and cornflour.
Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs, egg yolk and lemon rind.
Fold in the flour, then the lemon juice and mix to a soft dough.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 40... - 41.2658
Basque Style Eggplant Peppers And Tomatoes
1. Lightly coat the eggplant cubes with seasoned flour
2. In a large pan, heat oil over a medium flame.
3. Add eggplant to the hot oil and fry for 7-8 minutes until evenly browned.
4. Tip in the peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes then tip in the... - 40.8854
1) Sauté the onions, garlic and green and red peppers in the butter or margarine until translucent.
2) Stir in the tomatoes to this mixture and cook for 5 minutes or longer, tossing occasionally.
3) In the meantime, whip the eggs together with salt... - 40.6812
Piperade is an easy to prepare side dish. The delicious vegetable recipe wont let you to miss out this Piperade. - 40.6665
1 In a 9-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over moderate heat.
Add the onion, green pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon each of the salt and black pepper; saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened.
Add the garlic and tomatoes and saute,... - 40.6573
Heat the oil and butter together in a saucepan.
Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, then add the chopped peppers and garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes, until softened.
Lightly beat the eggs with the milk or cream, Tabasco and... - 40.2922
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry until soft.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook until the tomatoes are pulpy.
Add the basil.
Meanwhile, cook the gammon under a preheated moderate grill until tender,... - 40.2294
Cornish Hens Basque
Rinse hens and pat dry.
Mix flour, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and chili powder.
Coat hens with flour mixture.
Combine onions, eggplant, green pepper, mushrooms, pimiento, garlic and oil in crock pot.
Arrange hens on top of vegetables.
Sprinkle with... - 39.951
You will need two heavy skillets for this dish, one for the vegetable mixture and one for the eggs, but they will combine in one skillet at the end.
Heat oil in one skillet and add next 6 ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix over medium heat,... - 39.7024
Rock Cornish Game Hens Basque Style
Pat bird dry and skewer the neck opening closed.
Fill the cavity with giblets and butter; add lemon juice and sprinkle with salt.
Skewer shutthe abdominal opening.
Brush the bird with melted butter and roast in a moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes.
Baste... - 39.6072
1) Fry the green pepper gently in oil in 20 cm (8 in.) nonstick frying-pan.
2) Add tomatoes and tuna and stir for 2 minutes.
3) Add eggs and seasoning.
4) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Arrange the anchovy fillets on top of it.
6) Cook on hot grill for 1... - 39.5796
Eggs Piperade With Roasted Potatoes
Eggs Piperade With Roasted Potatoes is a heady mix of egg, potato and seasonings. I often try this egg variety and it is best served when garnished with parsley. Check out the recipe of Eggs Piperade With Roasted Potatoes. - 39.4439
1) In a heavy-based skillet, gently saute the onion and garlic in the melted butter for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, peppers and cayenne and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally and simmer for... - 39.3038
Brains Basque Style
Drop the brains into boiling water seasoned with the salt and lemon juice.
Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes for lamb brains, 20 minutes for veal and 30 minutes for beef.
Plunge the brains into cold water and let them cool for 15 minutes.
Pat... - 39.2925
Fry the onion in very little oil until it is softâ€”about 10 minutes.
Then add the pepper to the pan and continue cooking for a further 6 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and heat through.
Pour a little oil into an omelette pan,... - 39.2589
Basque Fish Stew
Traditionally known as marmitako, this stew always includes line-caught tuna, potatoes, garlic, onion and peppers. What else the dish should contain is the subject of many culinary competitions, yielding as many recipes as there are imaginative cooks and... - 39.2291
1) In a bowl, mix together fish with salt and cayenne.
2) In a cup blend together, basil leave and lemon juice.
3) Add the basil mixture to the fish and mix together.
4) Dredge the fish mixture with parsley.
5) Grill the fish about 4 inch... - 39.1643
Basque Sheepherder's Bread
In a large bowl, combine hot water, butter, sugar, and salt.
Stir until butter melts; let cool to about 110°.
Stir in yeast, cover, and set in a warm place until bubbly (about 15 minutes).
Beat in about 5 cups of the flour to make a thick batter.
Stir in... - 38.7299
In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat; add onions and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
Add red and green peppers and mashed garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Reduce heat, stir in... - 38.6668
Basque Rice And Pepper Soup
Heat the olive oil in a soup pot.
Add onions, carrots and garlic and cook, covered, over low heat until vegetables are tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes; stir occasionally.
Uncover, add beef stock, raise the heat, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat,... - 38.6468
Wyoming Basque Potatoes
1 In a medium size skillet,add olive oil, saute onion and garlic.Stir in parsley, pimiento, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and water. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
2 Pare potatoes and thinly slice (you should have about 6 cups). Layer potato... - 38.6083
1. Remove stalk and seeds from peppers.
2. Wipe and slice into strips.
3. Cook slowly in the oil with the garlic in a covered pan for about 45 minutes, until quite soft.
4. Mix in the wine, paprika, salt and sugar and increase the heat until bubbling.
5. Add... - 38.5568
Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and saute until soft.
Stir in parsley, pimiento, pepper and broth.
Remove from heat.
Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
Layer slices in broth in skillet.
Place over... - 38.4939
Sausage And Bacon Piperade
Prick the chipolatas and wind a rasher of bacon around each one; secure with wooden cocktail sticks if necessary.
Either grill or fry, until well browned and cooked through, and keep warm.
Meanwhile, fry the onion and garlic gently in butter until soft, but... - 38.4695
Chicken With Pimientos And Tomatoes Basque Style
Cook the onion, minced garlic, tomatoes, salt, broth, and 1/4 cup of the oil in a covered pan over low heat until the tomatoes are completely done, 30 to 40 minutes.
Press through a wire strainer.
Heat the remaining 1/4, cup oil with the whole garlic.
Season... - 38.1492
Basque Chocolate Mousse
Basque Chocolate Mousse is an amazingly delicious version of dessert. An easy to prepare recipe, Basque Chocolate Mousse is a dish that you will surely love to talk about with us. - 38.1082
1) In a thick, covered saucepan, sauté onion, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes gently until translucent.
2) Stir in garlic, salt and thyme.
3) Take off the mixture from heat and then mix in eggs.
4) Serve on fried bread after garnishing with... - 37.3593
Cut larger pieces of chicken in half for uniform size.
Combine all ingredients in 4-quart casserole.
Cook covered, 30 minutes or until done, stirring once.
If desired, thicken sauce with 1 tablespoon cornstarch. - 37.2817
1) In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, saute the celery, onion, carrot and garlic in the margarine over a medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
2) Stir in rest of the ingredients and simmer on a low heat... - 36.6743
Chicken Breasts Poached In Basque Broth
These Chicken Breasts Poached in Basque Sauce is truly delicious ! Try this peppered chicken with garlic and bay leaf flavorings for your next meal. Feel free to express yourself about this Chicken Breasts Poached in Basque Sauce here. - 36.6699
Piperade With Eggs
1. To make piperade, melt butter in a frying pan and cook leek, ham, oregano, green and yellow or red peppers for 4-5 minutes or until leek and peppers are soft. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated. Season to taste with black pepper. Set... - 36.4417
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix butter, 2 teaspoons tarragon, and 2 tea spoons oregano.
3. Rub butter mixture over chicken; season with salt and pepper. Place in casserole. Roast for 2 hours, basting several times.
4. Meanwhile cook vegetables. Heat 2... - 36.2292
1. To make this pastry successfully, the butter must be soft, but not runny or oily: take it out of the refrigerator 1-2 hours in advance. Place the butter in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until soft. Sift the flour and sugar onto the butter, make a... - 36.1406
Microwave Basque Eggs
1. In microwave proof dish, place the ham, green pepper, tomato, green onion, celery, olives garlic, and butter and mix well. Cook this mixture on ROAST (7) for 6 minutes while stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in eggs and cook on MEDIUM (5) for 4 minutes... - 35.9737
Basque Style Turkey Tenderloins
In 10-inch square casserole, combine olive oil, basil and garlic.
Microwave at High for 1 minute.
Stir in soup and wine.
Add turkey, prunes and apricots, stirring to coat.
Microwave at 70% (Medium High) for 18 to 22 minutes, or until turkey... - 35.6622
Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and pith, chop finely and plunge into boiling, salted water.
Simmer for about 10 min Reserve 3 tomatoes, skin and quarter the rest.
Crush garlic with a pinch of salt and add to 4 tablesp olive oil in a saute... - 35.3777
Potato Basque Soup
Brown sausage over medium heat in a large saucepan or kettle.
Add onion; cook 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. - 35.0953
Mixed Pepper Piperade
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion gently until it becomes softened.
2. Remove the seeds from the red and green peppers and slice them thinly. Stir the pepper slices into the onion and cook together gently for 5 minutes. Add the... - 35.0265
Basque Shepherds Pie
In 8-inch skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
Crumble bacon and set aside.
In same skillet combine reserved drippings,potatoes, onion, parsley, salt, thyme,and pepper.
Cover tightly; cook over low heat till potatoes... - 34.9879
Basque Skillet Dinner
Brown sausage in large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and cook until tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until potatoes arc tender. - 34.5839
Beat together the egg yolks, one teaspoon of the sugar, the cornflour (cornstarch) and sufficient milk to make a smooth paste.
Boil the remaining milk, pour on to the egg mixture and return to the pan.
Simmer until thickened then remove from the heat.
Whisk... - 34.1333
Brown the hamburger in the fat in a heavy skillet, then add the onion and celery.
Cook until lightly browned.
Stir in the flour, then blend in the remaining ingredients.
Simmer for 1 hour or longer.
Serve over rice, noodles or toast points. - 33.9618
Basque Fish Chowder
Saute onion, celery, and garlic in margarine in a Dutch oven until tender.
Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients except fish.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Add fish, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested... - 33.8444
Basque Chicken With Tomatoes And Olives
1. Season chicken with pepper, thyme, and marjoram. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook in 2 batches over medium-high heat, turning once or twice until browned, about 7 minutes per batch. Remove chicken from pan.
2. In drippings, cook... - 33.2025
Pepper Tomato Piperade
1. Cut the peppers in half, discard the seeds and cores and slice into thin strips. Skin and chop the tomatoes. Peel and thinly slice the onions. Peel and crush the garlic.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the peppers and onions and fry gently for 5... - 32.613
Basque Steamed Mussels
1. Place red and green peppers in a 10-by 15-inch pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat until pepper skins are charred and blistered all over, turning as needed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Pull off and discard skins, stems, and seeds. Chop red and green peppers... - 32.4977
Cod Basque Style
1. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the potato slices, and cook, covered, until the potatoes soften and begin to fall apart, about... - 32.0216
1. Saute onions in drippings in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat about 10 minutes until golden and soft; as onions cook, separate into rings. Add peppers and saute, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the tomatoes and their juice... - 31.5359
This Egg Piperade makes an incredible combination with my rice and noodle dishes. Try this dish out with any other suitable main course and you are simply going to like it ! Tell me if you've like this Egg Piperade - 30.3574
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan.
Add onions and peppers and cook until onions are yellow.
Add tomatoes and cook over low heat until sauce is thick.
Season to taste.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in an omelet pan.
Add the eggs, then the tomato sauce; stir... - 29.916
Port Aux Basque Flipper Pie
During April and May the flippers of young harp seals are used to make pie.
Many organizations have flipper pie suppers where pies several feet in diameter and holding 15 to 20 pounds of seal meat and gallons of vegetables are served.
The secret of success in... - 29.8832
Heat the oil in a skillet, add the green pepper and onion, and saute until the vegetables begin to soften.
Add tomato, garlic and seasoning, and simmer until the ingredients are soft and mushy.
Add the lightly beaten eggs and stir just enough to mix with... - 29.8368
Wyoming Basque Potatoes
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft in a medium-size skillet; stir in parsley, pimiento, salt, pepper, instant broth and water. Remove from heat; reserve.
2. Pare potatoes; slice thin. (You should have about 6 cups.) Layer slices in broth in skillet;... - 29.6667
Brush the pan with a little oil, put in the vegetable and ham mixture and heat thoroughly.
Beat the eggs lightly with a little salt and pepper and pour into the pan.
Stir occasionally until the mixture has the consistency of soft scrambled egg. - 29.6626
Basque Chicken With Sweet Peppers And Tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large, deep ovenproof skillet, heat the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over moderately high heat until richly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken... - 29.0253
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
When the oil is hot, add the shallots and fry them until they are golden.
Add the garlic and peppers and fry until the peppers are nearly tender.
Stir in the tomatoes and herbs and cook until the tomatoes... - 28.5995
Method In a bowl rub butter and shortening into flour and salt, with the fingertips, stir in ground almonds and sugar.
Mix egg yolk with vanilla and water and add to the flour mixture.
Work lightly to a smooth dough and chill.
Roll out two-thirds of dough to... - 25.8184
A Basque Soup
Brown the sliced onions lightly in the lard in a pan.
Then add about 7 pints of hot water, then a white cabbage, diced, the dried butter or haricot beans (which have previously been left to soak for 12 hours in cold water), 2 chopped cloves of garlic, salt... - 25.425
Cut larger pieces of chicken in half for uniform size.
Combine all ingredients in 4-quart casserole.
Cook, covered, 30 minutes or until done, stirring once.
If desired, thicken sauce with 1 tablespoon cornstarch. - 23.1943
Basque Baked Chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place chicken pieces and potatoes in large baking dish.
Pour sauce over and toss gently.
Bake for one hour or until chicken is completely cooked. - 21.7843
Basque Recipes By Category