- » Basmati Rice
Basmati Rice Recipes
Basmati rice is a unique cereal grain, native to India and a real treat to rice lovers. Basmati rice is famed for its special flavor and aroma. It is best cooked in the pot. Basmati rice can be cooked with vegetables ... More »
There's nothing like a bowl full of fragrant basmati rice. Wondering how you can get yours right? watch this video to learn just the correct recipe to make a delicious bowl of rice. - 109.941
Perfectly Cooked White Basmati
Most people are scared of cooking rice cause it just never comes out right. It is either overcooked and soggy or under-cooked with too much bite. Chef John shows us how to get over our apprehensions of cooking rice with a carefully measured recipe of basmati,... - 106.475
Perfect Fluffy Aromatic Basmati Rice
Whether you are fond of Indian pilaf or simply can't do without your dum-biriyani, knowing how to make the perfect basmati rice at home makes the deal a whole lot easier. This fragrant, fragile grain needs to be handled with loads of care. In this video... - 90.9907
Fragrant Basmati Pilau
This simple and basic pilau rice is perfect as the base to any Asian curry. The delicious yellow rice is fragrant and lightly spiced and buttery. Preparing pilau using this method is an excellent way of enjoying the taste of basmati rice. The rice comes out... - 86.2769
Herbed Basmati Rice With Tomatoes
1) Heat a Dutch oven on medium- low flame and add olive oil.
2) Add the onion and sautÃ© until tender.
3) Add the garlic and sautÃ© them too until it releases fragrance.
4) Pour the water in and allow it to boil.
5) Add salt and the rice stirring... - 47.5207
Curried Basmati Rice And Chicken
1. In a large Dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-low heat and sautÃ© onion stirring it often, until it is soft.
2. Add the garlic and gingerroot and saute them, stirring them constantly, such that the garlic is fragrant.
3.... - 47.1426
Crunchy Basmati Rice
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Place a 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat, and add all of the ingredients.
Stir and cook until the rice is tender, about 16 to 18 minutes.
Transfer the rice to a strainer and rinse thoroughly.
Clean... - 46.5031
Curried Basmati Rice
1) In a large saucepan, place the rice and pour in enough water to cover.
2) Thoroughly wash the rice by rubbing with both the hands for few times.
3) Rinse and drain on a colander. Repeat this procedure for twice and bring back to the saucepan... - 44.0669
Spiced Basmati Rice
1) Wash the rice and keep in a bowl.
2) Add cold water and allow the rice to stand in water for 30 minutes.
3) Drain the rice and keep aside.
4) Take the rice, salt or salt substitute, cinnamon stick, cumin, bay leaf and water in a... - 40.713
Basmati Rice With Chicken And Vegetables
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, and drain it.
2. Place the rice in a saucepan with the cinnamon, cardamoms, peppercorns and 1 tablespoon of the fresh coriander. Add 3 cups of water, salt to taste and the olive oil. Bring to the boil over a high... - 40.1724
Basmati Rice With Herbs
1) In a large microwavable dish, add 1 oz butter, rice, boiling water and salt.
2) Cover the dish with a cling foil and microwave on HIGH temperature for 10 minutes, stirring the contents once halfway through the cooking time.
3) Allow the dish to sit... - 38.1168
Coconut Basmati Rice
In a heavy saucepan with a tighdy fitting lid, bring the water to a boil.
While the water heats, rinse the rice well.
When the water boils, stir in the rice and all of the remaining ingredients.
Return to a boil.
Stir, cover, reduce the heat to low, and... - 36.9075
Basmati Rice With Yogurt
I do not know from where exactly I got this Basmati Rice With Yogurt recipe. However, from wherever I got this Basmati Rice With Yogurt recipe I was just delighted after trying this. Mouth-watering! - 33.6384
Basmati Rice With Basil And Mint
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer. Rinse with cold water,- drain.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic, cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in rice, cook 1 minute, stirring... - 33.3582
Fragrant Basmati Rice
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, and stir. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. - 32.5515
Fragrant Basmati Rice
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, and stir.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let rice stand 5 minutes. - 32.4316
Spiced Basmati Rice
1. Place rice in sieve; rinse under cold water. Transfer to a bowl; add water to cover. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, cinnamon and bay leaf; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until... - 30.8327
Herbed Basmati Rice
1. Melt margarine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Stir in rice. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in green onion tops,... - 28.5805
Toasted Coconut Basmati Rice
1. In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt and cardamom pods and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes without removing the lid. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
2.... - 28.5603
White Basmati Rice With Teff
Combine all ingredients in pot, bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 15-18 minutes, or cook 10-12 minutes at pressure.
Tip: Teff also combines nicely with barley, cooked in a similar manner as above.
With pressure cooker, 12-15 minutes | Augmenting
This... - 20.5426
White Basmati Rice With Turmeric
Combine all ingredients in pot, bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 15-17 minutes, or cook 10 minutes at pressure.
This recipe has been excerpted from Simple Ayurvedic Recipes written by Myra Lewin.
To learn more about Myra Lewin's book visit... - 17.8625
This is one of the classic recipes usually prepared on special occasions. The dish is rich with a medley of vegetables, each having a good amount of nutrients. The recipe does contain ghee. So people with diabetes may need to eat in moderation. - 0
Leftover Mutton Curry Fried Rice
Well we have all heard of fried rice, but this one is a no brainer! A perfect way to utilize leftovers and give a classic make- over to the ingredients. Mutton curry is always cooked in excess in our house and we end up eating it for two days. To be honest,... - 0
This week I am doing a dish called Nasi Lemak! This dish was a request from one of my subs who asked me to make a Malaysian dish. Nasi Lemak is the national dish of Malaysia and is delicious! If you have never had Nasi Lemak then it's high time you tried this... - 0
Basmati Rice Recipes By Category