- » Basmati Pilaf
Basmati Pilaf Recipes
Enjoy our collection of basmati pilaf recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for basmati pilaf recipes.
Basmati Rice Pilaf With Garam Masala
This basmati rice pilaf is a filling and savory rice pilaf made with the aromatic basmati rice. Cooked in a deep sauce pan with garlic and onion along with indian garam masala, the rice is flavored with chicken or vegetable stock and can be served as a... - 41.8642
Basmati Rice Pilaf
You should definitely try this Basmati Rice Pilaf recipe. Basmati Rice Pilaf is a meal all by itself. Save it for sure! - 26.7546
Basmati Rice Pilaf
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add walnuts, and cook, stirring constantly, until walnuts are toasted.
Remove from saucepan, and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to saucepan; saute until... - 40.2156
Basmati Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cover the rice with cold water and stir with your fingers until the water becomes cloudy.
Carefully pour off the water, reserving the rice.
Repeat 2 or 3 times, until the water is almost clear.
Cover with... - 49.1207
Saffron Basmati Pilaf With Currants And Almonds
When entertaining guests, one side dish that always goes well with any braised or stewed meat dish is delicious and exotic rice dish. This basmati and saffron pilaf recipe is so quick and will fill your home with a delicious sweet aroma and invitingly call... - 103.313
Lemon Coriander Basmati Pilaf
Finely grate the zest of one half of the lemon and juice the entire lemon.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the rice and saute for 3 minutes.
Stir in the... - 38.9283
1) Wash the rice with cold water, continuously change water and wash till water is clear .
2) Then cover it with lot more cold water and allow it to soak for about half an hour.
3) Allow rice to drain through a colander for half an... - 44.7855
Curried Chicken Breast With Basmati Pilaf
Looking for some exotic dinner ideas? Look no further, as this Curried Chicken Breast with Basmati Pilaf recipe will enchant you and your diners. This video will guide you through the entire process of this delicious meal. Happy Cooking! - 117.189
Veg Pilaf / Vegetable Rice (pulav)
Learn how to make Indian veg rice pulao (pilaf, pulav) using Basmati rice, vegetables and simple indian spices. Pulao tastes great with raita and chutneys. - 0
Original Vegetable Pilaf
1. In 2-quart microwavable casserole, combine cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, peas, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on High 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp; set aside.
2. In 3-quart microwavable casserole, combine onion and oil; microwave on... - 31.0506
Put the rice in a bowl and wash it in several changes of cold water.
Cover it with plenty of fresh water and let it soak for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the ginger, chiles, chili powder, turmeric, coriander, garlic, and lemon juice to make a paste;... - 45.8672
Tofu And Shiitake Mushroom Pilaf
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
Add rice and onion; saute 2 minutes.
Add broth; bring to a boil.
Add mushrooms, carrot, celery, gingerroot, and garlic; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until... - 35.68
Mushroom And Turkey Pilaf
1. Boil 3 cups of water.
2. Add salt, saffron and rice.
3. Simmer for 18 minutes, keeping the pan covered till the whole water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
4. Press the cooked rice in a ring mould, well oiled.
5. In the oil fry turkey till it turns... - 46.0759
Rice Pilaf With Dates And Almonds
In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter and oil.
Saute the onions and garlic on medium heat until just tender.
Finely chop the bell pepper, and add it to the sauteing onions.
Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and allspice or nutmeg.
Finely chop the dates, and... - 39.8194
Brown Rice Spiced Pilaf
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and add the almonds. Cook for 1—2 minutes until just browning. (Be very careful as the nuts will burn very easily).
2. Add the onion and carrot. Cook for 5... - 41.1662
Azerbaijani Lamb Pilaf
1. Heat the oil in a large, flameproof casserole or wide pan over a high heat. Add the lamb, in batches, and cook, stirring and turning frequently, for about 7 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Add the onions, lower the heat to medium-high and cook for about... - 35.5481
Put the rice in a bowl, pour in cold water and swirl the rice and water with your hand.
Drain and repeat this process until the water runs clear as you drain it.
Return the rice to the bowl, fill it once more with cold water and leave to soak 20 minutes.
Put... - 43.3479
Vegetable Stroganoff With Pilaf
1. Blanch carrots and cauliflower separately for 4-5 minutes.
2. Blanch French beans for 2-3 minutes in boiling salted water.
3. Refresh and drain thoroughly.
4. Wash rice and soak in cold water for 20 minutes
5. Drain the rice in a strainer for... - 47.2737
Fragrant Duck Breasts With Wild Rice Pilaf
1) Score criss-crossed lines into the duck skin. Season with garam masala and ginger by rubbing thoroughly. Refrigerate to chill for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
3) In a heavy, non-stick pan, heat oil to fry the... - 46.0302
First cook the Basmati rice by the absorption method, using a good chicken stock and 60 g/ 2 oz butter.
Stir the seedless raisins into some butter.
Add the apricots and just cover with water or orange juice.
Simmer gently — don't let them get at all... - 46.8537
Easy Buttered Onion Pilaf
1. In a saucepan, heat butter, add onions, cover it and allow to fry gently for ten minutes till just soft not browned
2. Take the lid off, add rice and cook for a couple of minutes; add stock and seasoning
3. Stir a little, cover again and cook gentky... - 35.6837
Vegetable Rice Pilaf
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté the vegetables for 2 minutes.
2. Pour water and add turmeric, ginger and salt. Stir and bring it to boil.
3. Add the rice, stir and bring it back to boil. Cover and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Turn... - 108.595
A basic recipe for a flavourful staple food. - 0
One Pot Chicken Pilaf
1) In a frying pan, saute the onion in oil for 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
2) Stir in the chicken pieces, saute for another few minutes , until lightly browned.
3) Then stir in the curry paste and rice, saute for another 1 minute.
4) Pour in the... - 44.1374
Spiced Prawn And Coconut Pilaf
1. Prepare rice according to pack instructions and set aside.
2. Into a food processor combine ginger, garlic and tomatoes and blend to make a paste. Set aside to use it for cooking.
3. In a large non-stick pan heat the oil and add the... - 43.7606
1. In a large pan heat the oil.
2. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes until soft and creamy.
3. Add the aubergine saute with onions for another 5 minutes, adding the garlic and curry paste in the last 1 minute or so.
4. Stir in the sweet potato,... - 46.202
Corn And Carrot Pilaf
1. In a large pan, heat oil, add onions and cook till soft, not browned; add aubergine and cook for five minutes
2. Add garlic and curry paste, sweet potato, carrot, beans and rice with about 700 ml water and coconut milk
3. Allow to boil, cover and... - 44.1837
Chicken Pilaf With Lemon And Mint
1) Cut the chicken breasts into strips as required.
2) In a pan, saute the onion, garlic and chicken in the butter until golden; stir in the turmeric and cumin and cook for further 3 min, stirring at intervals.
3) In a pan, place the rice, add the... - 37.7441
Asian Rice Pilaf
1. Finely chop the onion.
2. In a colander or sieve, place the rice
3. Wash under cold tap water and drain thoroughly, 3 to 4 times well.
4. In a saucepan, bring stock to a boil.
5. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
6. Add onion and... - 36.1598
Herb Steamed Mussels With Rice Pilaf
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions and garlic, for 5 minutes.
2) Add the rice, salt and oregano stir for 3 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Add the mussels and carrots.
6) Loosely... - 45.4677
Rice Pilaf With Spinach And Cannellini
1. In a large skillet warm olive oil.
2. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 7 minutes till these turn golden.
3. Reduce the heat. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add water and boil. When boiled, cover the skillet and simmer for 45 minutes. Let the... - 44.4811
Vegetable Brown Rice Pilaf
How about a nice healthy pilaf for lunch? Let’s say super healthy…pilaf made with brown rice! A really nutritious meal being shown in the recipe video. Filled with the goodness of vegetables and flavored with herbs and pepper, this seems like a really... - 114.044
1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir almonds often until golden, about 5 minutes. Pour from pan and reserve.
2. Add butter and onion to pan. Stir occasionally until onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, pit and chop 1/2 the dates. Cut... - 35.2981
Put the rice in a sieve and rinse under running water until it runs clear.
Put the rice in a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for at least 30 minutes.
Drain well before you use it.
In a saucepan large enough to take the pilaf, heat 3 tablespoons oil... - 38.6881
Italian Pistachio Pilaf
Italian Pistachio Pilaf is one of my most favorite recipes. I frequently make similar kinds of Pilafs with different ingredients in the place of pistachios, but I personally feel that this Italian Pistachio Pilaf is the best. Nothing really compares! - 39.9728
1. Preheat the oven to 425° Separate 1 head of cauliflower into 2-inch florets and the other into 1-inch florets. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the 1-inch florets with 3 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the cauliflower for... - 38.9955
Palak Pulao (spinach Rice Pilaf)
Pulao is a rice dish that served in every region of India, typically for special occasions and weddings. Palak (spinach) is the main vegetable used in this pulao. For more recipes, visit www.deliciousindian.com. - 40.669
Basmati Pilaf Recipes By Category