- » Barley Stir Fry
Barley Stir Fry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of barley stir fry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for barley stir fry recipes.
Barley And Vegetables
Heat stock in a medium saucepan.
Add vegetables and cook 15 minutes.
Add barley; season with salt and pepper.
Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and mixture becomes slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
Serve hot. - 33.9465
Barley Pilaf With Thyme And Mushroom
For casserole lovers, this barley pilaf with thyme and mushroom recipe is a great dish to have as it tastes wonderful with its rustic ingredients and the aromatic herb. Its not difficult to put together and is ultimately healthy for you. Take a look at this... - 90.1922
In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the stock, barley and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until the barley is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Fluff the barley with a fork... - 42.6074
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and mix together stock, barley and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to boil.
2. Cover the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Make sure to turn the barley tender and the liquid absorbed.
3. Remove the bay... - 40.2248
Miso Barley Rice And Veggies In Tahini Sauce
Miso Barley Rice and Veggies in Tahini Sauce is a rare and delightful combination of interesting ingredients. The crunch of the vegetables and the hearty grains make it a complete meal. Watch and learn how to make this dish from this video. Bon Appétit! - 107.282
Barley Risotto With Spinach And Cheese
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and shallots, and saute untilrender.
Add garlic, and cook for an additional 1 minute.
Add wine, and cook until almost all liquid is absorbed, stirring... - 43.7563
Risotto Style Barley And Vegetables
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan; add zucchini, onion, carrot, rosemary, and pepper. Cook and stir till vegetables are just tender; stir in barley.
2. Meanwhile, in a small pan heat broth till simmering. Carefully stir 1 cup hot broth into the barley mixture.... - 31.3914
Baked Barley With Mushrooms
1 Soak the barley for 2 hours in warm water.
2 Preheat the oven to 180Â°C, 350Â°F,gas4.
3 Heat the butter in a frying pan (skillet) and saute the onion, mushrooms and barley.
Season with salt and pepper and stir until the barley has browned... - 34.3502
Baked Barley And Mushroom Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a skillet, stir-fry the barley in 2 tablespoons butter over a medium heat for about 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove in an ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
3) Saute the onion in rest of the... - 41.2672
Barley And Olive Casserole
1. Place barley in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to soak for 2 hours. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add barley and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, wine and tomato... - 33.4999
Beef Barley Burgers
Cook broth and barley in small saucepan over medium heat until tender.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients, except oil, buns and toppings; stir until well mixed.
Form into 4 thick patties.
Heat oil in large frying... - 38.7065
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, stirring frequently; spoon into a large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 34.7855
Barley Pilaf With Almonds
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, turning it frequently; spoon into large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 37.4478
Honeyed Stir-fry Rice And Vegetables
I even love the aroma when I cook this Honeyed Stir-Fry Rice And Vegetables. This Honeyed Stir-Fry Rice And Vegetables is good enough to surprise your family in a pleasant way. Do make it! - 36.5248
Flaked Barley is a delicious side dish. And the best part is that it is very high on nutrition. - 40.2569
Heat the oil in a heavy pan and saute the cumin seeds over a high heat for a few seconds, taking care not to burn them, then add the red pepper, celery, dried chillies and oregano and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, barley, water and... - 33.0611
Lamb Shanks With Barley And Garlic
8. Take an ovenproof pan with light fitted lid on it.
9. Cook the lamb chunk in butter and olive oil combination so that all the sides of the lamb become brown.
10. Remove the lamb from the pan , stir wine and water into the pan against low medium heat... - 45.5617
Multi Grain Stir Fry
AUTUMN MULTI GRAIN STIR-FRY RECIPE: Indian Harvest is a company that sells whole grains either retail or commerical (make sure to find your preferred site). This is a dish that is high in fiber! - 40.0381
Skillet Barley And Beef
1. To make slicing easier, partially freeze the beef for about 1 hour.
2. Cut it lengthwise into 2-inch strips and then make paper-thin slice across the grain.
3. In a saucepan, combine the barley, water, and bay leaf.
4. Bring it to... - 44.3768
Pearl Barley Pancake
1. In a medium size bowl, dissolve stock cube in boiling water.
2. In a large bowl, add egg, garlic salt, and pepper. Beat well.
3. Place a saucepan on flame, add pearl barley, and stock in it. Cover with lid and let it simmer for about... - 101.436
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 46.0939
Barley Pine Nut Casserole
Rinse the barley in cold water and drain well.
In a frying pan, heat 2 tbs butter over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until lightly toasted.
Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining 4 tbs butter to pan with the onions and... - 40.6209
Barley Pilaf Cooked In Consomme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large frying pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
3. Stir in mushrooms and onions, and cook over high heat until the mushrooms and onions brown. Keep on stirring during the cooking time.
4.... - 39.5666
1. Take an 8-inch skillet and melt margarine in it.
2. Add carrot, celery, leek, and garlic in hot margarine and stir-fry the ingredients against medium high heat and by frequent stirring method.
3. Continue cooking until celery turns soft; it will... - 42.54
Mushroom And Barley Soup With Escarole
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, and garlic, and cook over high heat, stirring, until the vegetable juices evaporate and the mixture begins to fry.
Because of the high heat, watch that the vegetables do not burn.
Change... - 46.4068
While the barley cooks, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Saute the vegetables in the order given, adding each one as the one before gets hot and starts to sizzle. The total cooking time should be about 10 minutes. The carrots should be crisp, the... - 32.252
A Big Thick Beef Barley Soup
Trim the shin meat or brisket of any visible fat.
Heat the oil in a very large pot and brown the meat very well on both sides.
When the second side is brown, add the onion and garlic, and fry until the vegetables are soft.
Add the carrots, water, tomato... - 47.1515
Chinese Pot Roast Duck With Barley Stuffing
Remove giblets and neck from duck and reserve; place duck in a large pan.
Pour the 1/2 cup soy sauce over duck and let stand at room temperature for about 1 1/2 hours.
You will need to turn the duck occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare stuffing.
Cover barley with... - 41.8648
Pan Fried Whiting With Soy And Vegetables
1. In pie plate, mix flour, ginger, and salt; use to coat whiting.
2. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook whiting until golden on both sides and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove... - 32.2888
Barley & Pine Nut Casserole
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until lightly toasted.
Remove nuts with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to pan with onion and barley; cook, stirring, until... - 40.6737
1 Combine barley, mushroom mix and water in a large saucepan; heat to boiling; cover.
Simmer, stirring several times, 30 minutes, or until barley is tender and almost all liquid is absorbed.
Spoon into a 12-cup baking dish.
2 Break up lamb patties and... - 41.0018
Barley And Mushroom Pilaf
1 In a frying pan, heat the oil.
2 Add n the chopped onion.
3 Cook, for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
4 Add in the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
5 Mix in the pearl barley and cook for another 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
6 ... - 43.2723
Chicken With Barley And Pecans
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme, and barley.
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and arrange over barley mixture.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Pour in broth.
Cover and cook at low setting until chicken is very tender... - 45.0607
Saffron Barley With Sun Dried Tomatoes
1) In a pan with the stock, put the pearl barley and crumble in the saffron. Bring the ingredients to a boil, cover, and gently cook over low flame for about 25 minutes, till all the liquid has been absorbed.
2) In 3 tablespoons of oil, fry the shallot... - 36.988
Swiss Cream Of Barley Soup
Peel one of the onions and spike with cloves.
Wash calf's foot, chop in half lengthwise and put into a saucepan with the barley, spiked onion and bay leaf.
Add the water and seasoning, then cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, scrape and dice... - 45.4632
Bacon Beans And Barley
Cook barley in boiling water until tender, about 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
Add the onions and bacon, cook for 4 minutes.
Add the cinnamon, thyme and mushrooms, cook for a further 3 minutes.
Stir in the beans, tomatoes and... - 36.849
Barley & Lentils With Mint
Sort lentils and remove any debris; then rinse and drain lentils and barley.
In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
Add lentils and barley, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until barley is tender to bite and liquid has been absorbed... - 37.5135
Beef Barley Stew
Yesterday was gray and cold so I decided to make some beef barley stew. Barley goes well with beef. It has a nutty flavor and a pasta like consistency. It is also loaded with fiber and is a good source of niacin – a B vitamin. - 135.576
Potato And Egg Masala
This is one recipe that can be eaten with fried rice or flat bread of your choice. It is spicy and the coconut in it adds a creamy flavor to the taste. - 0
Remove hard parts from heart and discard.
Cut up heart.
In 8-quart Dutch oven combine heart, pork, water, and seasonings.
Simmer, covered, 1 hour.
Stir in quick-cooking barley; cook till meat and barley are tender, about 45 minutes more.
Strain; reserve... - 40.713
Harvest Vegetables With Parsley Sauce
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and fry leeks for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in other vegetables and cook them at high heat.
3. Cover the pan and cook at low heat for about 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Add little water to the pan and cook the... - 48.0964
Seitan And Vegetable
Get out a nonstick skillet and put on medium heat. Add a bit of sesame oil and places the strips of seitan on the skillet and fry until crispy brown on all sides. Remove from heat and place seitan off to one side.
Prepare the marinade/stir fry sauce. Add all... - 30.5825
Zucchini Veggie Sausage Skillet
Vegan Sausage is a good meat substitute. It gives a good flavor to the dish and you can serve it with brown rice. All you vegetarians will really love this dish. So do try it out. - 144.692
Graupensuppe Mit Hubnerklein
Trim fat from hearts and gizzards and slice.
Set hearts aside and combine gizzards with chicken, stock, seasonings and bouquet garni.
Cover, bring to gentle boil, lower heat and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken and set aside to... - 44.8454
Basil Shrimp And Brook Trout
1. About 5-10 minutes before cooking season the trout with lea and perrin Worcestershire sauce and juice of half a lemon.
2. In a pan heat together butter and extra virgin olive oil.
3. Dredge the trouts in all purpose flour, add into the pan and fry... - 106.14
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, mashed bananas, egg whites, and maple syrup.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder and barley.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the flour, but do not over mix.
4. Coat a nonstick frying... - 45.9421
Whole Wheat French Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
3. Combine the oil, honey, and salt (if used) and set aside for 10 minutes to make the yeast foamy.
4. In a saucepan, heat milk to just under the boiling... - 45.8941
1. Wash barley and place in large saucepan. Cover with water and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat butter. Add onion, potato, and mushrooms and cook 10 minutes, until tender.
3. Stir... - 31.9274
Creamed Garbanzo Soup With Toasted Sesame Seed & Green Onion
To a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, onion, barley, and cumin; stir until barley is opaque and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until barley is tender to bite, about 25... - 37.1487
Mushrooms Au Gratin
Slice mushrooms through the stem, lengthwise, into 1/4-inch slices.
Heat butter in a large frying pan.
Saute mushrooms at moderate heat briefly.
Cover pan for about 2 minutes, until juices exude.
Blend yogurt, salt, and flour and stir in.
Heat, stirring,... - 38.9886
Chicken Broccoli Topper
This Chicken Broccoli Topper makes my rice taste incredible at lunch ! Impress your friends with this Chicken Broccoli Topper this weekend and tell me if they liked it ! - 42.0252
Lamb Hotch Potch
Have the lamb cut into manageable pieces and trim off excess fat and gristle.
Season the meat.
Heat 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil in the uncovered pressure cooker and fry the meat until it is brown on both sides.
Remove the meat and fry the onions, celery and leeks for... - 47.0265
Green Vegetable Stock
In a 7 to 8 quart enamel or stainless steel kettle, Combine greens, cabbage, parsley, celery, onion, garlic, salt, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns, and A'ater.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for l 1/2 hours.
Strain and discard... - 45.2475
Au Gratin Sauce For Fish
This Au Gratin Sauce for fish is amazingly tempting ! It's so versatile ! It goes well with my fish fries and bakes particularly well ! Just try this Au Gratin Sauce and let me know if you like it ! - 38.4864
Roast Welsh Lamb Rump With Aromatic Vegetable Broth
1) Cut the leek lengthways and rinse it under cold water. Make thin slices out of the white and tender light green parts.
2) In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté the swede, celeriac, celery, garlic and leek gently for 2 minutes.
3)... - 43.2844
Lamb And Bean Stew
1) Cover the beans with water and boil for 2 minutes.
2) Let it soak and then drain the beans.
3) Cut off excess fat from the chops, season with salt and pepper, and roll over flour to coat lightly.
4) Fry in oil until brown.
5) Take a... - 45.069
These Cinnamon Pancakes are awesome ! These Cinammon Pancakes with sweet dips are a breakfaster's pleasure! Eat them and tell me if you like them! - 40.4563
Stir together flour, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
Combine honey, eggs, butter or margarine, milk, and ginger root in Bosch blender.
Whip until ginger is pureed.
Pour into flour mixture.
Lightly grease griddle, and heat.
Sprinkle a... - 37.8716
Cauliflower And Coriander Soup
1.Take a bowl, put barley and yellow split peas in it.
2.Add enough hot water to cover the peas and leave for an hour.
3.Drain, once done.
4.In a large saucepan, heat oil and fry onions in it until tender.
5.Stir in ginger, turmeric,... - 50.1144
Wild Mushroom Soup
If using dried mushrooms, soak them in hot water with 1/2 teaspoon salt added, for 30 minutes.
Drain the liquid through a sieve lined with a damp muslin and reserve.
Rinse the soaked mushrooms under water to remove any grit, and chop them roughly.
Sprinkle... - 50.1053
Showing you how to make a Persian soup called Ash-e Jo. - 119.551
Country Pork With Parsley Cobbler
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Fry the pork without fat, in a non-stick pan until lightly browned.
2. Add the vegetables to the pan and stir over a medium heat until lightly coloured. Tip into a large casserole dish, then stir in the stock,... - 40.1685
Juicy Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
If you like eating non vegetarian, you must give a try to the lamb shank recipe shown in this video. Watch the video and see how the chef first browns the lamb and then slow cooks and season it to make it delightfully flavorful and tasty. - 111.811
Lima Bean Casserole
Fry bacon or cook it in microwave.
Dice and set aside.
Stir onion and green pepper into 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
Stir in flour and basil.
Cook, stirring, until bubbly.
Gradually stir in chicken broth.
Cook, stirring, until thickened.
Slowly add... - 40.3944
Creamed Dried Beef With Artichoke Hearts
Tear beef into small pieces.
Pour boiling water over to cover and let stand 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
Drain artichoke hearts and cut in half lengthwise.
Heat oil in a frying pan.
Add beef and cook, stirring, until edges are frizzled.
Stir in flour and... - 41.703
Baked Pork Chops With Fruit
Trim excess fat from chops.
Rub a large frying pan with some of the fat until it is lightly greased.
Discard the fat.
Brown chops well on both sides.
Remove to a large ovenproof casserole or pan in a single layer as they are browned.
Combine mustard, vinegar,... - 37.9827
Curried Cranberry Pork Chops
Combine curry powder and ginger.
Rub into both sides of pork chops.
Dredge chops in flour.
Brown in oil.
Place in an ovenproof casserole.
Drain off fat in frying pan.
Mix remaining ingredients and add to pan.
Heat, stirring, until simmering.
Pour over... - 43.5191
Heat oil in a large frying pan.
Brown meat on all sides.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook until onion is transparent.
Add sherry or broth.
Cover and simmer until lamb is tender, 1-1 1/2 hours.
Add mushrooms, peppers, olives, and salt.
Cook about 10 minutes.
Stir... - 43.527
Use long grained white rice.
Buy barley noodles from an Armenian or Italian store.
If you can't get them, use the thinnest egg noodles obtainable and crush them until they are all broken into small pieces about 1/2 inch long or less.
Brown the noodles in the... - 35.4463
Indian Beef With Peanut Sauce
Open flank steak so it is flat.
Partially freeze meat and then cut into thin slices on the diagonal.
Heat oil in a large frying pan.
Brown meat in three or four batches (remove to bowl as it is done and replace with more).
When it is all browned, set... - 44.3574
Veal Or Beef Stew With Aubergine
Soak the aubergine cubes in a bowl of heavily salted water for 30 minutes.
Drain and rinse them, then dry well.
In a heavy-bottomed pot, big enough to hold everything, heat 3-4 tablespoons olive oil and saute the aubergine cubes until brown.
Remove the... - 43.943
Three In One Paratha
Doesn’t it feel just wonderful when you mix and match flavors and this paratha will let you do exactly that! Potato in any form is my all time favorite and I just happened to have some cauliflower too. And with a bunch of red spinach that I had to use up,... - 0