- » Barley Soup Potato Carrot
Barley Soup Potato Carrot Recipes
Enjoy our collection of barley soup potato carrot recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for barley soup potato carrot recipes.
Hearty Vegetable And barley Soup
A bowl of this vegetable and barley soup makes a warm and hearty meal on a cold winter day. This recipe is easy, very delicious and really cheap, using leftover veggies. This is a really low-fat, satisfying meal full of flavor and good nutrients. - 97.6427
Healthy And Hearty Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
How about a bowl of warm soup in a cold, wintery afternoon? This beef, vegetable and barley soup is delicious, healthy and quite filling. You can even serve this as a main dish with bread, if you are not in a mood of cooking. Check out the easy steps from the... - 107.753
Italian Barley Soup
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and saute the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden.
Stir in the prosciutto, rosemary and Italian parsley.
Add the stock, potatoes, carrots and barley.
Bring the liquid to a boil; reduce the heat... - 33.9278
Cream Of Barley Soup
The Cream of Barley Soup works well in Winters. Top it with generous seasoning and take a hot sip to beat winter blues. - 49.311
Winter Barley And Vegetable Soup
This hearty Barley and Vegetable Winter soup is a good strong soup ideal for cold days and a secret weapon against your diet devastation in the party season. Your body is sure to thank you for the goodness this vegan barley and vegetable broth provides. - 50.7393
Pea And Barley Soup
This unusual ingredient combination of pea and barley works very well. - 47.2715
The perfect answer to a cold winter evening. This quick and easy barley soup is a complete meal by itself with some of your favorite bread as accompaniment. Enjoy your evening with a book and a hot bowl of this delicious soup. - 41.3381
Pearl Barley And Chicken Soup
1. Quarter the onions and set them aside
2. Wash the potatoes and quarter them. Wash the carrots and quarter them too.
3. Rinse all of the ingredients and put them into a large pot of water. Simmer the pot to boil al the ingredients.... - 42.6426
Barley Tomato Soup
1. Wash and cut the carrots, peppers and tomatoes into similar size small dices.
2. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, heat the oil over a lot flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the spices sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add... - 47.7309
Split Pea, Bean And Barley Soup
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring, until tender.
Rinse split peas and lima beans, discarding any shrivelled or discolored ones.
Add to saucepan along with barley, water, bay leaf and celery seeds.
Bring to boil;... - 39.31
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 46.0939
Soak the barley in water for three or four hours.
Boil eight cups of water, put in the barley, potatoes and onion.
Cook on a moderate fire for about forty five minutes till the barley becomes quite tender, adding one more cup of water if necessary.
Remove... - 37.9681
Beef Barley Soup
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven.
Season beef with salt, place in the pot, and saute over medium-high heat until lightly browned all over.
Add about 2 cups of the beef stock, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 1... - 40.0689
Barley Soup With Pork And Cabbage
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and onion and cook over a moderate heat until softened.
2. Add the stock, the measured water, pork, carrots, cabbage and barley. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20... - 32.7616
Barley And Mushroom Soup
1) Rinse the barley.
2) In a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water add in the barley. Cook for about 2 1/2 hours or till it becomes soft and gelatin like in texture.
3) Cook the barley for about 50 minutes if using the pressure... - 49.4709
Barley Soup (krupnik)
Combine barley with 1 cup of the meat stock in large saucepan.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer until all stock is absorbed.
Add butter piece by piece, stirring.
Boil vegetables and, if desired, giblets in the remaining stock until crisp-tender.
Then... - 38.2888
Mom's Easy Barley Soup
Nourish yourself with mum's favorite barley soup! This soup thou it takes two hours to make this is something you could even stash away in containers and store in the freezer and thaw later for use! - 87.7075
Beef Barley Soup
Lightly spray a broiler pan with vegetable oil.
On prepared pan, broil meat 5 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly browned.
In a large stockpot, combine meat, water, onion, bay leaf, 1 tea spoon salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce... - 43.8315
Russian Jewish Barley Soup
Top of the stove method: Place lima beans in mixing bowl, cover with 2 c. (500 mL) boiling water; soak overnight.
In large soup pot, place soup bone, celery, onion and enough water to completely cover the bone.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil,... - 40.6254
Slow-cooked Oxtail Soup
Roll the meat pieces in a mixture of the flour and salt.
Saute in hot fat, turning several times to brown completely.
Add the next five ingredients.
Cover and let simmer 1 1/2 hours.
Uncover and add remaining ingredients.
Cook slowly for another 1 1/2... - 41.6393
Vegetable Stew With Barley
1. Soak barley in water for 15 minutes.
2. Clean the vegetables and cut into bite size pieces.
3. In a pan, heat fat and stir in vegetables; cover and cook for 15 minutes with occasional shaking.
4. Add hot water, vegetables, soaked... - 51.2749
1) Use a chopper, to chop or grate carrots, onions, celery and potato.
2) Thinly slice the mushrooms.
3) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
4) Add barley and basil or savory.
5) Cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat to... - 47.3684
Vegetable Scotch Broth
The scotch broth is prepared with beans, peas and soup bones in water along with a medley of vegetables. Cooked with yellow barley, cabbage, onions, potatoes, celery and turnips, the scotch broth is seasoned to taste and served hot. - 40.8402
Crockpot Hamburger Soup
When chill hits the air, nothing could be more comforting than a simple soup prepared with vegetables and ground beef. This crockpot dinner recipe is a weeknight favorite and can be made with a few simple, easy-to-find ingredients. - 84.3372
The hamburger soup is a hearty vegetable and hambergur soup cooked in beef broth and tomato soup. Hearty and filling, I love to dish this out as a meal with bread rolls and wholemeal biscuits! - 35.0394
Scottish Lamb Soup
Brown lamb in a large skillet in hot oil.
Place in slow cooker.
Add some of the water to the skillet and stir to pick up the browned bits.
Add to meat with remaining water, salt, vegetables, barley, sugar, and mint leaves.
Cover and cook on low about 6... - 34.4676
Have butcher crack the shinbone.
Put bone and water in kettle, bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until meat separates from bone and marrow is dissolved.
Remove bone and take off meat.
Add meat to broth.
Add vegetables, barley, and salt... - 40.2233
Hearty Split Pea Soup
Hearty Split Pea Soup has a great taste. Hearty Split Pea Soup is an easy to make dish. The mixing of broths enhances the taste of Hearty Split Pea Soup. - 42.4834
Rinse chicken pieces.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine chicken pieces, water, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, salt, white pepper, and bay leaf.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 25 minutes or till chicken is tender.
Remove chicken... - 43.8982
1. To prepare, in a saucepan of water cook a small turkey in advance with 1 bay leaf until meat falls from the bones, about 3 hours.
2. Removing the meat from bones, discard bones and skins, then strain broth and chill.
3. Skim off fat and refrigerate... - 44.7135
1. Heat fat in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add ground chuck and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low.
3. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Serve, garnished... - 40.1029
Ham Bone Soup
Place ham bone in two-gallon pot, add water, tomatoes, parsley, celery, peppercorns, barley, carrots and salt to taste.
Boil for 2 hours, add cabbage and potatoes and cook for another half-hour.
More carrots can be used, also more cabbage and a little catsup... - 37.2434
Chicken Vegetable Soup
I use 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Swanson low-fat chicken broth and water to make 4 cups.
Rinse, then soak barley in cold water for 1/2 hour; drain.
Place the chicken in a large, heavy soup pot.
Add the chicken broth and water; bring to a boil over high heat,... - 39.1433
Oxtail Soup is simply irresistible, to say the least! Try this Oxtail Soup; I am sure you'll have a huge fan following for this one. - 44.4021
Beefy Vegetable Soup
In large heavy saucepot or Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat; add beef and brown on all sides.
Remove and set aside.
In same pot over medium heat, cook onions 3 minutes or until tender.
Return meat to pot; add tomatoes, barley, water, soy sauce, thyme... - 46.122
Cock A Leekie Soup
In a large kettle or Dutch oven combine chicken and water.
Add carrot, celery, onion, parsley, salt, white pepper, and bay leaf.
Cover; simmer for 25 minutes or till chicken is tender.
Remove chicken, bay leaf, and parsley from broth.
Discard bay leaf and... - 49.0317
Vegetable Soup Par Excellence
Simmer soupbone in 3 quarts water in kettle for 2 hours.
Add barley, split peas, lentils and navy beans; simmer for 1 hour longer.
Remove soupbone; cut off meat.
Return meat to stock.
Add remaining ingredients.
Add water if... - 43.113
Scottish Lamb Soup
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the lamb.
2) Transfer the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
4) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil, stirring continuously to scrape the... - 46.286
Mom's Meatball Soup
1. Shape beef into tiny meatballs. Brown meatballs and onion in a large saucepan, or place in a shallow pan and brown in a 400°F oven. Drain off excess fat.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boiling, simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until vegetables are tender. - 33.4225
Turkey Carcass Soup
Place turkey carcass and water in a large Dutch oven, bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours.
Remove carcass from broth, and pick all meat from bones.
Return meat to broth, and add remaining ingredients.
Simmer 1 hour or until vegetables are... - 38.4665
Stockyard Inn Beef Vegetable Soup
Have bones cut into several pieces.
Put in kettle with 1 tablespoon salt and next 5 ingredients.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
Remove bones and meat and set meat aside.
Add tomatoes to soup.
Melt butter in... - 44.8958
Fresh Vegetable Soup
Wash beans, and remove strings.
Cut beans into 1 -inch pieces.
Combine beans, tomato juice, and next 11 ingredients in a large Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
Stir in corn kernels; cover and cook an additional 15... - 38.5887
Main Meal Vegetable Soup
Prepare beef stock (above). Taste to be sure it has a hearty flavor. If not, boil down to about 2 quarts. To boiling stock, add potatoes, carrots, barley, cabbage, turnips, and tomatoes. Cook until vegetables are partially cooked. Add green beans and zucchini... - 21.6136
Rinse barley, split peas, and white beans in a colander.
Soak beans, peas, and barley overnight in water.
The next day put beef, bones, and beans in a large soup pot with water; bring to a boil.
Simmer on medium heat for 1 hour.
Add carrots, parsnip,... - 41.5435
Hearty Vegetable Soup
1. Place barley and water in a bowl and soak overnight.
2. Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Add tomatoes, carrot, potato, celery, turnip, parsnip, tomato puree and... - 37.8219
Marvelous minestrone is a mixed vegetable and mushroom soup made with added barley and macaroni. Cooked together, the marvelous minestrone is is herbed with a medley of fresh herbs and spiced to make a hearty and filling meal. - 38.9817
Vegetable Beef Soup
Cover soup bone with water; bring to a boil; reduce heat; and simmer, covered, 1 to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, rehydrate vegetables in 2 cups boiling water for up to 2 hours.
Remove soup bone; cut off meat; and set aside.
Measure out 3 to 4 cups of stock, or use... - 40.6752
Cut half the meat from bone and brown in a little hot fat.
Add remaining meat and bone to 2 quarts cold water.
Add browned meat, onion, and 7 teaspoon salt; cook slowly 2 hours.
Add remaining ingredients.
Cook 1 hour longer. - 38.4907
Soak the barley in water for an hour.
Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
Boil the vegetables and barley in six cups of water for about half an hour till tender.
Set aside a part of the vegetables and barley.
Rub the remaining vegetables through a sieve and... - 42.1317
Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a large kettle.
Break ground beef into bitesize pieces, and add.
Stir in chicken and beef bouillon.
Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Refrigerate until grease hardens on water.
Skim off fat, and return to heat.
Add the... - 37.9648
A Basic Vegetable Soup
In large soup kettle, heat oil and butter.
Saute green pepper, onion, garlic, leek and carrots until soft.
Add potatoes, tomatoes, liquid, salt and pepper.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 1 hour.
Add remaining ingredients except... - 42.1247
American Hamburger Soup
American Hamburger Soup is a unique soup that compliments any spread. You can serve this wonderful soup at home for a grand dinner. I made this for my husband for our anniversary dinner and he loved it! Try the American Hamburger Soup for yourself! - 36.4258
Grate the carrot, peel onion and turnip and shred the cabbage.
Put butter into a pan and fry the vegetables.
Add stock & simmer with the barley for 30-45 minutes, with herbs.
Remove herbs and serve hot. - 27.7647
Soak whole green peas and beans overnight in water.
Simmer soup bone in water to cover for about 2 hours; drain.
Add barley, beans and peas and cook another hour.
Add vegetables and cook 1/2 hour.
Season to taste. - 37.6801
Heat oil in a 5 quart kettle over medium heat; add onion, celery, garlic, basil, rosemary, oregano, and thyme; cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
Add barley, potatoes, carrots, and stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for... - 46.4834
Mixed Bean Minestrone Stew
1. Take a large pot with 6 cups water. Soak beans in it with baking soda overnight.
2. Add bay leaf and on medium to high heat, boil for 45 minutes or until beans can be pierced easily with a fork.
3. In a large pot, add olive oil.... - 44.6546
Shape meat into thick flat patty, place in large casserole or Dutch oven.
Cook in Radarange, covered, 5 minutes.
Let stand, covered, while vegetables cook.
Cook onions, carrots, potatoes, and celery in 4 quart covered casserole 5 minutes; stir, cook 5 minutes... - 46.5811
Warming Winter Gruel
1. Peel the marrow. Cut it into 4 pieces.
2. Slice each piece further into half. Scoop out the core and seeds. Cut them to large pieces.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut it into large pieces.
4. Chop 1 cabbage leaf finely. Keep the rest as it... - 78.7673
Rancher Supper Stew
1. Brown meat over medium-high heat in Dutch oven.
2. Add soup mix, tomatoes, barley, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat 40 minutes.
4. Scrub carrots, and peel if necessary.... - 42.0826
Winter Stew is a wonderful vegetable dish. It is actually one of the the only side dishs for apsta that my children find acceptable!! I prepare this yumy Winter Stew quiet frequently. Try it for yourself! - 47.0736