- » Barley Side Dish
Barley Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of barley side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for barley side dish recipes.
Quinoa And Pearled Barley Salad
1. Rinse the quinoa and pearled barley.
2. Using two separate pots, add the quinoa and 1¾ cups of water to one pot and the barley and 3 cups of water to the other.
3. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and let... - 123.154
Barley is a whole grain cereal that is very high in protein and fiber. It is typically used for soups and stews and is a main ingredient in beer and whiskey. Barley is very healthy and is quite economical. It is also a low GI food – meaning it will not... - 119.91
High Raw Barley Salad
Here is a wonderful “high raw” “whole foods” way of incorporating grains into your raw food diet! This barley salad is a completely raw grain one which makes a really healthy dinner. This is one of those “chunk-it-all-in” salads. This one has... - 118.994
Healthy And Hearty Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
How about a bowl of warm soup in a cold, wintery afternoon? This beef, vegetable and barley soup is delicious, healthy and quite filling. You can even serve this as a main dish with bread, if you are not in a mood of cooking. Check out the easy steps from the... - 107.753
Boiled Brown Rice And Barley
For a super healthy recipe, watch this video. Brown rice and barley combine together to make a great cancer fighting source! Watch this video to learn how to cook this. Listen closely for some great health tips. - 107.623
Vegetable Barley Paella
Paella is delicious, festive, and with this recipe, a dish you can make at home. We're using barley for a high fiber, low glycemic twist on this Spanish favorite. - 105.807
Barley And Garbanzo Bean Salad With Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette
Here is a healthy recipe for a lighter, side dish. Fortunately healthy can also mean high in flavor, such as this anti-cholesterol, high fiber high protein salad! It is a great twist to the traditional pasta side dish. It is hearty and delicious salad that... - 101.619
Homecooked Barley With Spring Greens
Are you looking for a recipe that scores high both on taste and health? Watch this video to learn a great Homecooked Barley with Spring Greens recipe. The dish is simple and can be prepared with easily available ingredients. - 76.1927
Barley Rice Pilaf
1. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the rice, barley and sesame seeds and dry roast for 5 minutes, sautéing continuously till well toasted.
2. When the grains are toasted, pour in the water or stock and bring to a boil.
3.... - 49.8483
Rye Berry And Barley Salad
1. In a large pot place barley and rye berries together with water.
2. Boil and cover the pot while lowering the heat. Simmer for 1 1/4 hours so that the excess water is absorbed and the grains turn tender.
3. In a colander place all the grains. Run... - 49.1873
Peppery Barley Slaw
1. In a cooking pot boil water.
2. Combine barley and lower the heat. Cover pot and simmer for 50 minutes.
3. In a mesh colander place the ingredients and rinse in cool water. Once rinsed, drain excess water.
4. Slice cabbage into thin slices.
5. Add... - 48.819
Chicken Curry With Barley
Chicken Curry brings a genuniely unique flavor of the chicken. I found this dish simple and easy to cook and at the same time the result was extremely tasty and filling. The Chicken Curry is clearly something we can easily cook at home. - 48.7397
Veal Barley Stew
Cut veal into 3/4-inch cubes.
Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
Brown veal in the Dutch oven; remove.
Cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in Dutch oven about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Drain off any fat.
Stir in meat, vegetable juice... - 47.9551
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium heat.
2) Add green onions, eggplant, zucchini and green pepper. Mix nicely.
3) Cook until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in tomatoes, water, salt, barley, basil... - 47.3459
Nutted Lemon Barley Pilaf
1. ln a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions and celery and saute, for 5 to 7 minutes until soft and golden.
3. Tip in the barley and sauté for a few minutes until well coated with the oil and slightly... - 47.147
Barley And Black Eyed Peas
In 2-quart casserole, combine margarine, carrot and onions.
Microwave at High for 3 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring after half the time.
Add remaining ingredients, except black-eyed peas.
Microwave at High for 13 to 15... - 46.975
Black Eyed Peas And Barley
1. Check the beans for stones and discard.
2. Rinse the beans and soak it overnight in a bowl.
3. Next morning drain and rinse the beans.
4. In a medium-size saucepan, place barley and cover with the water.
5. Over high heat, bring the... - 46.8872
1. Soak the barley overnight and then drain.
2. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the soaked and drained barley with 5 cups of water.
3. Place the pot of a medium flame and bring the water to a boil
4. Reduce... - 46.8109
Whole Wheat Barley Bread
1) Rinse barley under cold water or in a coarse strainer. Place it in a large saucepan and add 4 cups of water. Cover saucepan with a plastic wrap or lid. Leave aside overnight at room temperature.
2) Next day, boil barley along with the liquid.... - 46.7156
Low Fat Barley Pilaf
1) In a medium saucepan, over high heat, allow broth and 6 ounces of water to come to a boil.
2) Stir in barley and then lower heat so that barley bubbles gently.
3) Simmer the mixture for 45 minutes until barley becomes soft and absorbs liquid.
4) In... - 46.6585
Barley Salad Vinaigrette
1. Take a medium mixing bowl
2. Add in it barley, cucumber, bell pepper, scallions, radishes, parsley, and dill.
3. Mix all ingredients properly and after mixing keep the bowl aside for mixing up of flavor.
4. Take a small mixing bowl and add in it... - 46.6544
Barley Lentil & Eggplant Casserole
Spray 2 shallow rimmed baking pans with cooking spray.
Spread eggplant cubes evenly in pans; spray with cooking spray.
Bake eggplant in a 425° oven, turning with a spatula several times, until well browned and soft when pressed (30 to 35 minutes).
Meanwhile,... - 46.416
Mixed Grain Trio
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) In a medium saucepan, pour in 1 1/4 cups water and add the barley.
3) Place over low heat to cook the barley covering, for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain and place aside.
4) In a small saucepan, pour in 1/2... - 46.1776
Barley Lentil & Eggplant Casserole
Cut eggplants into 3/4-inch cubes and distribute equally in 2 baking pans, each 10 by 15 inches.
Mix equal portions of oil with eggplant.
Bake in a 425° oven until very soft when pressed, about 40 minutes.
Every 15 minutes, turn eggplant with a spatula and... - 46.1316
Beef & Barley Soup
In a 6 to 8 qt. kettle, brown meat on all sides.
Add onion and saute' until limp.
Stir in parsley, garlic , split peas, limas, water and bouillon cubes.
Cover and simmer 2 hrs.or until meat is tender when pierced.
Lift out meat; skim and discard fat from... - 46.0562
Broccoli Barley Soup
In a 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
Add rosemary, stock, and barley and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer until barley is tender... - 45.9685
Barley Mushroom Casserole
1. Use a medium size (2 1/2-quart) microwaveable casserole or dish, to melt and heat the butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the butter and cook for 4 minutes, stirring once, until limp.
3. Stir in the mushrooms,... - 45.5081
Millet Barley Bread
Stir gelatin into water.
Combine in a large mixing bowl flours, carrots, honey, oil, salt, and baking powder.
Beat egg whites to soft peaks.
Without cleaning beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
Heat gelatin water to... - 45.4408
Barley Scallion Pine Nut Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Wash barley, drain well, and set it aside.
3. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole or oven proof skillet, melt the butter.
4. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes until limp
5. Stir in barley and sauté it with... - 44.7213
Baked Barley Peas And Mushrooms
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a flameproof casserole, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3. Add the carrots and onion and sauté, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for another 4... - 44.4879
Skillet Barley And Beef
1. To make slicing easier, partially freeze the beef for about 1 hour.
2. Cut it lengthwise into 2-inch strips and then make paper-thin slice across the grain.
3. In a saucepan, combine the barley, water, and bay leaf.
4. Bring it to... - 44.3768
Barley Mushroom Casserole
1) In a casserole dish, heat butter, onion and garlic, covered, on high power for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
2) Gradually add the remaining ingredients.
3) Cook covered on high power for 7 minutes.
4) Cook again on medium power for 9... - 44.049
Barley With Mushrooms
Heat a skillet.
Add the oil and the onion and saute.
Add the barley and saute 5 minutes more.
Slowly add the stock and the salt.
Cover and simmer about 1 hour until the barley is soft and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Add the tamari and simmer 5 more... - 43.9294
Beef Barley Vegetable Soup
In large kettle or Dutch oven, combine shanks, water, tomatoes, onion, bouillon, basil and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.
Remove shanks from stock; cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
Skim off fat.
Add meat and barley; bring to a... - 43.7965
Barley With Russian Walnut Sauce And Colored Peppers
1. Blend coriander, turmeric, paprika, garlic, salt, fenugreek and walnuts till a smooth consistency.
2. Drizzle with vinegar. Add enough water to make a sauce and get a light cream consistency.
3. Transfer the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let it... - 43.7699
Ham Barley And Almond Bake
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
SPREAD almonds in single layer on baking sheet.
Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
MELT margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add barley,... - 43.594
Tibetan Prayer Wheel Barley Bread
Sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water, adding honey to mixture and leave to "work" while preparing the dough.
Put oil in a heavy iron skillet, and over medium-high heat, brown barley flour and sesame seeds in the skillet, stirring constantly, until flour is an... - 42.6948
Baked Barley And Beans
Spread barley on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Combine bar ley, vegetable broth, and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is... - 42.364
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a saucepan and pour water in it. Stir in barley.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Add salt.
4) Reduce heat to low and cook for about 45 minutes or until soft. Drain.
5) Take a pan and heat fat or butter... - 41.8731
Bean And Barley Salad
In saucepan of 12 cups (3 L) boiling water, cook barley over medium-high heat for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender but firm; drain and rinse under cold water.
Drain again and place in serving bowl.
Drain and rinse chick-peas, and red and white kidney beans;... - 41.7631
Lobster And Barley Salad
Cook the barley in 2 quarts of boiling salted water until the grains are tender but not mushy, about 35 minutes.
Drain and rinse in cold water.
Stir together the oil, lemon juice, salt, tarragon, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
Mix well with the... - 41.4832
The perfect answer to a cold winter evening. This quick and easy barley soup is a complete meal by itself with some of your favorite bread as accompaniment. Enjoy your evening with a book and a hot bowl of this delicious soup. - 41.3381
Turkey And Barley Deluxe
1) In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, soy sauce, garlic and ginger together.
2) Then stir in the barley, turkey, pea pods, pimentos and corn, until evenly coated.
3) Cover and place in the refrigerator for few hours or overnight.
4) Serve... - 41.008
Southwest Barley Salad
In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
Stir in barley.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
Drain and cool.
In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, peppers, onions, cilantro and garlic.
Stir in barley.
Just before serving, combine... - 40.9183
Yeasted Barley And Wheat Loaf
Spread the barley flour in a large shallow pan.
Bake it at the top of a moderately hot oven (400°F), stirring frequently until it turns golden brown, but be careful nottooverbrown or it will completely spoil the unusual toasted flavor of the finished... - 40.7284
Beef And Barley Stew
Beef And Barley Stew is an amazingly delicious easy to prepare recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Try this Beef And Barley Stew; I am sure you will get a huge fan following for this! - 40.695
Barley & Pine Nut Casserole
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until lightly toasted.
Remove nuts with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to pan with onion and barley; cook, stirring, until... - 40.6737
Barley Pine Nut Casserole
Rinse the barley in cold water and drain well.
In a frying pan, heat 2 tbs butter over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until lightly toasted.
Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining 4 tbs butter to pan with the onions and... - 40.6209
1.In a slow cooker, put chicken broth, barley, carrots, garlic, red pepper, curry powder, raisns, dried currants,and onions.
2.Put the lid on and place the cooker on HIGH heat for 3-4 hrs .
3.Once the vegetables are cooked well and the liquid is... - 40.5781
Yogurt Soup With Gorgod Or Barley
Soak the gorgod overnight in the water.
Drain and rinse.
Cover with fresh water and bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and cook one or two hours or until the grains are well cooked. (For quick cooking, I use a pressure cooker.)
Add the thick peas and... - 40.2982
Flaked Barley is a delicious side dish. And the best part is that it is very high on nutrition. - 40.2569
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and mix together stock, barley and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to boil.
2. Cover the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Make sure to turn the barley tender and the liquid absorbed.
3. Remove the bay... - 40.2248
In a medium skillet, lightly saute almonds in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine.
Place in a small bowl, and set aside.
Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter or margarine in the skillet.
Add onion and barley.
Stirfry until barley is lightly... - 40.1053
Cream Of Barley Soup
Wash barley; soak overnight if possible.
Otherwise, cover with boiling water; soak 2 hours.
Put vegetables into pan with drained barley, herbs, stock, and chicken carcass or ham bone.
Cover; cook gently until barley is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Discard... - 40.0673
Lamb And Barley Soup
1. Have butcher crack bones of lamb shanks. Wash shanks and cut off excess fat.
2. Place shanks in Dutch oven with water, peppercorns, peas and barley. Cover and simmer about 2 hours.
3. Add carrots, onions, celery and parsley. Simmer about 1 hour longer.
4.... - 39.7962
Barley Beef Stew
Mix the ground beef with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepot.
Add the beef and onions, separating the meat into pieces; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the celery, chili powder, tomato juice, and water.
Simmer,... - 39.7182
Barley Pilaf Cooked In Consomme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large frying pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
3. Stir in mushrooms and onions, and cook over high heat until the mushrooms and onions brown. Keep on stirring during the cooking time.
4.... - 39.5666
Split Pea, Bean And Barley Soup
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring, until tender.
Rinse split peas and lima beans, discarding any shrivelled or discolored ones.
Add to saucepan along with barley, water, bay leaf and celery seeds.
Bring to boil;... - 39.31
Corn And Barley Salad
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add barley and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed; let cool.
Combine barley, corn, cucumber, and red pepper in a bowl.
Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients.
Pour over... - 39.2094
Beef Barley Soup
A garnish of sour cream and chopped dill gives this hearty soup a Russian flavor. Serve with dark rye bread for a complete meal. - 39.152
Barley With Green Beans Parmesan
Cook the barley in 1 quart of boiling salted water until the grains are tender but not mushy, about 35 minutes.
Heat the oil in a saucepan; saute the onion until it is softened.
Add the green beans and cook according to the package directions.
When the... - 39.0678
Finnish Rieska Bread
Pour the milk and water into a bowl.
Add the yeast and salt and mix until yeast is dissolved.
Add the barley flour and mix well.
Cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
Add the flour and mix until smooth.
Let rise for 30... - 38.7152
Stewed Barley And Vegetables
1) In a large heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients and simmer covered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until the barley is tender.
2) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
3) Serve immediately in a nice plate or a bowl as a vegetable. - 38.5563
Barley, Mushroom And Cheese Pilaf
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, salt, paprika, rosemary, and barley.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; pour bouillon and tomato juice over barley mixture.
Cover and cook at low setting until... - 38.324
Barley Soup (krupnik)
Combine barley with 1 cup of the meat stock in large saucepan.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer until all stock is absorbed.
Add butter piece by piece, stirring.
Boil vegetables and, if desired, giblets in the remaining stock until crisp-tender.
Then... - 38.2888
Barley, Ground Lamb Soup
Place the fat in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt 1 minute at HIGH.
Add the diced carrots and turnip, stir well.
Add the hot water, barley and ground lamb.
Stir well Add salt and pepper.
Cover and microwave 10 minutes at HIGH.
Reduce the heat to... - 38.2745
Apple Barley Pilaf
Melt butter in large skillet with tight fitting lid.
Add onions and saute until barely tender.
Add barley; cook and stir occasionally over medium heat until barley begins to take on color.
Add chicken broth, raisins and thyme.
Bring to boil; reduce heat and... - 38.1268
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a medium skillet and heat butter in it. Saute barley in it over medium heat until it turns brown in color.
3) Remove barley from heat and stir in soup mix along with water.
4) Pour mixture in a lightly... - 38.0488
Ezekiel Bread ( Wheat, Barley, Rye, Millet )
This Ezekiel Bread has become my staple for lunch ! This mixed grain Ezekiel Bread is not only highly nutritious but also very tasty. Try it out this weekend ! Feel free to comment here! - 37.9669
Toasted Barley Bake
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F
2. In a medium ovenproof casserole or skillet, melt butter over a medium flame.
3. Sauté barley and onion until onion is tender and barley is golden brown.
4. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of boiling water, bouillon... - 37.7914
Barley Stuffed Peppers
Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds.
In a large kettle, blanch peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes.
Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, onion and garlic until onion is tender and sausage is no longer pink;... - 37.7426
Heat 2 tablespoons butter and saute bar ley in it.
Transfer barley to heavy casserole.
Heat 2 more tablespoons butter and saute onion in it.
Add to barley.
Saute mushrooms in remaining butter and add to other ingredients.
Stir in hot consomme and salt and... - 37.2533
Saffron Barley With Sun Dried Tomatoes
1) In a pan with the stock, put the pearl barley and crumble in the saffron. Bring the ingredients to a boil, cover, and gently cook over low flame for about 25 minutes, till all the liquid has been absorbed.
2) In 3 tablespoons of oil, fry the shallot... - 36.988
Barley And Corn Casserole
In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic, onion and carrots in oil until tender.
Transfer to a greased 2-qt.baking dish; add broth, barley, salt if desired and pepper.
Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Stir in corn and parsley.
Cover and bake... - 36.6199
In large heavy ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, celery and carrots for 3 minutes or until just softened.
Stir in barley, salt and pepper until well coated.
Pour in 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) of the chicken stock; cover and bake... - 36.562
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 2 tablespoons hot butter in medium skillet and saute mushrooms until tender—4 to 5 minutes.
3. Lift out mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
4. In the same skillet heat remaining butter, add onion... - 36.5076
Beef And Barley Salad
In medium mixing bowl combine barley, roast beef, scallions, cherry tomatoes, and parsley; set aside.
In small saucepan combine remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil and sugar is dissolved and... - 35.8152
1. Ensure that you have a sufficient number of lemons to yield 1 kg of lemon juice. Wash the lemons, cut and extract the juice. Measure the juice and take the rest of the ingredients in suitable proportions.
2. Mix the barley powder with cold water to a... - 35.7089
Barley And Vegetables
Heat water, barley and bouillon to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until barley is tender and all liquid is absorbed, about 1 hour.
Cook and stir zucchini, celery, onion, mushrooms and basil in margarine in 10-inch skillet until... - 35.703
Dilly Barley And Corn Salad
1. Combine barley, corn, green onions and bell peppers in large bowl.
2. To prepare dressing, grate lime peel to measure 1/2 teaspoon. Squeeze juice from lime to measure 2 tablespoons. Combine peel and juice in small bowl. Add vinegar, oil, dill weed and... - 35.2516
Trim fat from leg of lamb, and cut lamb into 1 inch cubes.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add lamb cubes, and cook 5 minutes or until browned.
Add cabbage and remaining ingredients; bting to a boil.
Cover,... - 35.2379
Lamb And Barley Casserole
Cut the lamb into individual pieces (2-3 cups [500 to 750 mL] of diced leftover lamb can replace the fresh).
Brown it with the onion in butter or salad oil.
Place in a casserole and add the rest of the ingredients.
Cover and cook at 300°F (150°C) for 1 1/2... - 34.9694
Greek Barley Salad
1. Bring 2 cups vegetable broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in barley. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Cool completely.
2. Combine barley, bell pepper,... - 34.9097
Barley With Scallion
1. Take a heavy wide saucepan and heat oil on medium flame.
2. Add the celery and sauté for about 7 minutes or until browned. Keep stirring continuously.
3. Stir in barley and cook until properly coated with oil. Add half of chicken stock and boil... - 34.8955
Barley Raisin Cookies
In a small saucepan, boil water and raisins 5 minutes.
In Bosch bowl, cream together shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients, and raisins and water.
Make round shape and put onto greased baking sheets.
Bake in a 400°F.
Oven for... - 34.8814
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, stirring frequently; spoon into a large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 34.7855
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine butter, barley, onion, garlic and thyme. Cover with lid; microwave on high 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring once during cooking.
2. Stir in broth. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes or until... - 34.7386
Baked Barley With Mushrooms
1 Soak the barley for 2 hours in warm water.
2 Preheat the oven to 180Â°C, 350Â°F,gas4.
3 Heat the butter in a frying pan (skillet) and saute the onion, mushrooms and barley.
Season with salt and pepper and stir until the barley has browned... - 34.3502
In 4-cup (1 L) glass measure, combine mushrooms, onion and butter; cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 1 minute.
Add chicken stock and barley; microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes or until barley is almost tender and most of the liquid is... - 34.2126
Bring water to a boil: stir in the barley and salt.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until barley is tender; drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, combine beef, onion and green pepper in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add the 2 T. (30 mL)... - 34.0994
Barley And Vegetables
Heat stock in a medium saucepan.
Add vegetables and cook 15 minutes.
Add barley; season with salt and pepper.
Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and mixture becomes slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
Serve hot. - 33.9465
Barley Griddle Bread
Combine the dry ingredients in the Bosch bowl equipped with wire whips.
Add butter or margarine, and cut in until mixture resembles cornmeal.
Add sufficient buttermilk to make a soft dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
Roll dough to lightly coat... - 33.6449
Barley And Olive Casserole
1. Place barley in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to soak for 2 hours. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add barley and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, wine and tomato... - 33.4999
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions, mushrooms and barley and saute until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Turn into shallow 2-quart baking dish.
Blend in remaining ingredients.
Cover and bake 50... - 32.8256
Saute onion in hot oil in large saucepan until soft, about 3 minutes.
Stir in broth, water, barley and thyme.
Bring to boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and barley is tender.
Season with pepper.
Sprinkle... - 32.8027
Barley Soup With Pork And Cabbage
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and onion and cook over a moderate heat until softened.
2. Add the stock, the measured water, pork, carrots, cabbage and barley. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20... - 32.7616
Barley Beef And Vegetable Soup
1. In 8-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook beef shank cross cuts until well browned on both sides. Remove beef to plate. In drippings remaining in Dutch oven over medium heat, cook carrots, celery, onions, and mushrooms until... - 32.7202
While the barley cooks, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Saute the vegetables in the order given, adding each one as the one before gets hot and starts to sizzle. The total cooking time should be about 10 minutes. The carrots should be crisp, the... - 32.252
Barley Corn And Lima Bean Salad
1 ln a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the lima beans, garlic, thyme, and water. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 6 minutes. Stir in the corn and simmer,... - 32.0167