- » Barley Pilaf
Barley Pilaf Recipes
Barley Pilaf is a usually savory meal made with barley.
Cooking Barely Pilaf
Barley pilaf is cooked by first sautÃ©ing the seasonings comprising of onions, celery and mushrooms in butter, adding the cereal and ... More »
Barley Pilaf With Thyme And Mushroom
For casserole lovers, this barley pilaf with thyme and mushroom recipe is a great dish to have as it tastes wonderful with its rustic ingredients and the aromatic herb. Its not difficult to put together and is ultimately healthy for you. Take a look at this... - 90.1922
Barley Pilaf With Grilled Apples
1. To make the pilaf: In a saucepan, sautÃ© the barley, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom for about 2 minutes or until fragrance comes out.
2. Add the apple juice and water and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for... - 46.6865
Low Fat Barley Pilaf
1) In a medium saucepan, over high heat, allow broth and 6 ounces of water to come to a boil.
2) Stir in barley and then lower heat so that barley bubbles gently.
3) Simmer the mixture for 45 minutes until barley becomes soft and absorbs liquid.
4) In... - 46.6585
In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the stock, barley and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until the barley is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Fluff the barley with a fork... - 42.6074
1. Take an 8-inch skillet and melt margarine in it.
2. Add carrot, celery, leek, and garlic in hot margarine and stir-fry the ingredients against medium high heat and by frequent stirring method.
3. Continue cooking until celery turns soft; it will... - 42.54
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and mix together stock, barley and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to boil.
2. Cover the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Make sure to turn the barley tender and the liquid absorbed.
3. Remove the bay... - 40.2248
Barley Pilaf Cooked In Consomme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large frying pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
3. Stir in mushrooms and onions, and cook over high heat until the mushrooms and onions brown. Keep on stirring during the cooking time.
4.... - 39.5666
Apple Barley Pilaf
Melt butter in large skillet with tight fitting lid.
Add onions and saute until barely tender.
Add barley; cook and stir occasionally over medium heat until barley begins to take on color.
Add chicken broth, raisins and thyme.
Bring to boil; reduce heat and... - 38.1268
Barley Pilaf With Almonds
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, turning it frequently; spoon into large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 37.4478
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 2 tablespoons hot butter in medium skillet and saute mushrooms until tender—4 to 5 minutes.
3. Lift out mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
4. In the same skillet heat remaining butter, add onion... - 36.5076
Preheat oven to 350 Ã‚Â°F.
In 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, saute- mushrooms until tender, 4Ã¢â‚¬â€5 minutes.
Lift out mushrooms with slotted spoon, and set aside.
In same skillet heat remaining butter or margarine; saute onion until... - 36.1293
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, stirring frequently; spoon into a large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 34.7855
In 4-cup (1 L) glass measure, combine mushrooms, onion and butter; cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 1 minute.
Add chicken stock and barley; microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes or until barley is almost tender and most of the liquid is... - 34.2126
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a heavy skillet and saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and set aside. Add the onions to the skillet and saute until golden. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the barley to the skillet... - 31.7247
Microwave Barley Pilaf
Heat the oil in a medium skillet, and saute the onion and pepper until softened.
Add the barley and saute 1 minute more.
Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
In a saucepan, bring the broth to the boiling point and then add it to the barley.
Cover the... - 31.2798
Spicy Barley Pilaf
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium nonstick skillet, melt margarine; add onion and carrot. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add barley, stirring to coat.
3. Transfer barley mixture to 2-quart casserole; stir in remaining... - 30.0674
Microwaved Barley Pilaf
€¢ Place 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt 1 minute at HIGH.
€¢ Add the onions and mushrooms and microwave 1 minute at HIGH.
€¢ Remove onions and mushrooms from butter, draining them well, and place in a... - 29.3197
Easy Barley Pilaf
1. In a kettle place a large amount of water, salt and barley. Cook for 1 hour until tender.
2. In a large frying pan, add butter or margarine and sautee onion until soft. Add chicken broth and barley. Mix well and cover for 15 minute on very... - 28.9812
1. Cook barley in a large amount of boiling salted water in a kettle 1 hour, or just until tender; drain.
2. Saute onion in butter or margarine until soft in a large skillet; stir in instant chicken broth. Add bar ley; toss to mix well; cover.
3. Heat very... - 21.5435
Barley Pilaf Recipes By Category