- » Barley Fry
Barley Fry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of barley fry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for barley fry recipes.
Barley And Vegetables
Heat stock in a medium saucepan.
Add vegetables and cook 15 minutes.
Add barley; season with salt and pepper.
Continue cooking until vegetables are tender and mixture becomes slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
Serve hot. - 31.5621
Barley Pilaf With Thyme And Mushroom
For casserole lovers, this barley pilaf with thyme and mushroom recipe is a great dish to have as it tastes wonderful with its rustic ingredients and the aromatic herb. Its not difficult to put together and is ultimately healthy for you. Take a look at this... - 114.07
Beef Barley Burgers
Cook broth and barley in small saucepan over medium heat until tender.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients, except oil, buns and toppings; stir until well mixed.
Form into 4 thick patties.
Heat oil in large frying... - 37.035
Baked Barley With Mushrooms
1 Soak the barley for 2 hours in warm water.
2 Preheat the oven to 180Â°C, 350Â°F,gas4.
3 Heat the butter in a frying pan (skillet) and saute the onion, mushrooms and barley.
Season with salt and pepper and stir until the barley has browned... - 32.1351
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and mix together stock, barley and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to boil.
2. Cover the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Make sure to turn the barley tender and the liquid absorbed.
3. Remove the bay... - 41.0319
In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the stock, barley and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until the barley is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Fluff the barley with a fork... - 42.1424
Miso Barley Rice And Veggies In Tahini Sauce
Miso Barley Rice and Veggies in Tahini Sauce is a rare and delightful combination of interesting ingredients. The crunch of the vegetables and the hearty grains make it a complete meal. Watch and learn how to make this dish from this video. Bon Appétit! - 107.162
Barley Risotto With Spinach And Cheese
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and shallots, and saute untilrender.
Add garlic, and cook for an additional 1 minute.
Add wine, and cook until almost all liquid is absorbed, stirring... - 41.3883
Baked Barley And Mushroom Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a skillet, stir-fry the barley in 2 tablespoons butter over a medium heat for about 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove in an ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
3) Saute the onion in rest of the... - 40.535
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, stirring frequently; spoon into a large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 33.5542
Barley Pilaf With Almonds
Melt half the butter in a heavy frying pan.
Pour in the barley and cook slowly until it turns a golden brown, turning it frequently; spoon into large buttered casserole.
Put 2 tablespoons more of the butter into the frying pan; add chopped onions and saute... - 35.3783
Risotto Style Barley And Vegetables
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan; add zucchini, onion, carrot, rosemary, and pepper. Cook and stir till vegetables are just tender; stir in barley.
2. Meanwhile, in a small pan heat broth till simmering. Carefully stir 1 cup hot broth into the barley mixture.... - 30.7835
Pan Fried Whiting With Soy And Vegetables
1. In pie plate, mix flour, ginger, and salt; use to coat whiting.
2. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook whiting until golden on both sides and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove... - 30.8649
Barley And Olive Casserole
1. Place barley in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to soak for 2 hours. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add barley and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, wine and tomato... - 33.6905
Easy Barley Pilaf
1. In a kettle place a large amount of water, salt and barley. Cook for 1 hour until tender.
2. In a large frying pan, add butter or margarine and sautee onion until soft. Add chicken broth and barley. Mix well and cover for 15 minute on very... - 29.0028
While the barley cooks, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Saute the vegetables in the order given, adding each one as the one before gets hot and starts to sizzle. The total cooking time should be about 10 minutes. The carrots should be crisp, the... - 30.7195
Flaked Barley is a delicious side dish. And the best part is that it is very high on nutrition. - 41.3997
Heat the oil in a heavy pan and saute the cumin seeds over a high heat for a few seconds, taking care not to burn them, then add the red pepper, celery, dried chillies and oregano and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, barley, water and... - 31.7946
Cream Of Barley Soup
The Cream of Barley Soup works well in Winters. Top it with generous seasoning and take a hot sip to beat winter blues. - 48.7281
Pearl Barley Pancake
1. In a medium size bowl, dissolve stock cube in boiling water.
2. In a large bowl, add egg, garlic salt, and pepper. Beat well.
3. Place a saucepan on flame, add pearl barley, and stock in it. Cover with lid and let it simmer for about... - 102.967
Skillet Barley And Beef
1. To make slicing easier, partially freeze the beef for about 1 hour.
2. Cut it lengthwise into 2-inch strips and then make paper-thin slice across the grain.
3. In a saucepan, combine the barley, water, and bay leaf.
4. Bring it to... - 46.6785
Barley Pilaf Cooked In Consomme
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large frying pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
3. Stir in mushrooms and onions, and cook over high heat until the mushrooms and onions brown. Keep on stirring during the cooking time.
4.... - 39.1446
1. Take an 8-inch skillet and melt margarine in it.
2. Add carrot, celery, leek, and garlic in hot margarine and stir-fry the ingredients against medium high heat and by frequent stirring method.
3. Continue cooking until celery turns soft; it will... - 42.538
A Big Thick Beef Barley Soup
Trim the shin meat or brisket of any visible fat.
Heat the oil in a very large pot and brown the meat very well on both sides.
When the second side is brown, add the onion and garlic, and fry until the vegetables are soft.
Add the carrots, water, tomato... - 44.8391
Mushroom And Barley Soup With Escarole
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, and garlic, and cook over high heat, stirring, until the vegetable juices evaporate and the mixture begins to fry.
Because of the high heat, watch that the vegetables do not burn.
Change... - 44.224
Lamb Shanks With Barley And Garlic
8. Take an ovenproof pan with light fitted lid on it.
9. Cook the lamb chunk in butter and olive oil combination so that all the sides of the lamb become brown.
10. Remove the lamb from the pan , stir wine and water into the pan against low medium heat... - 45.845
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 45.2706
Barley Pine Nut Casserole
Rinse the barley in cold water and drain well.
In a frying pan, heat 2 tbs butter over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until lightly toasted.
Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining 4 tbs butter to pan with the onions and... - 38.2698
Bacon Beans And Barley
Cook barley in boiling water until tender, about 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
Add the onions and bacon, cook for 4 minutes.
Add the cinnamon, thyme and mushrooms, cook for a further 3 minutes.
Stir in the beans, tomatoes and... - 35.7227
Marinated Lamb Steaks With Barley Salad
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing one tablespoon, the garlic, the chilli, half the mint, salt and pepper together.
2. Rub the steaks all over with the marinade and set aside to soak up the flavors for 2 hours
3. In a pot, boil water and... - 45.3527
Chinese Pot Roast Duck With Barley Stuffing
Remove giblets and neck from duck and reserve; place duck in a large pan.
Pour the 1/2 cup soy sauce over duck and let stand at room temperature for about 1 1/2 hours.
You will need to turn the duck occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare stuffing.
Cover barley with... - 39.4411
Barley Vegetable Casserole
1 Bring the soaked barley to the boil and simmer for 1 hour in the water with a chicken stock cube dissolved in it.
Remove the bar ley, and keep the liquid.
2 In a frying pan (skillet), heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic carrots, celery, and peas gently... - 33.7262
Barley & Pine Nut Casserole
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and stir until lightly toasted.
Remove nuts with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to pan with onion and barley; cook, stirring, until... - 38.224
Chicken With Barley And Pecans
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme, and barley.
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and arrange over barley mixture.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Pour in broth.
Cover and cook at low setting until chicken is very tender... - 42.6757
Saffron Barley With Sun Dried Tomatoes
1) In a pan with the stock, put the pearl barley and crumble in the saffron. Bring the ingredients to a boil, cover, and gently cook over low flame for about 25 minutes, till all the liquid has been absorbed.
2) In 3 tablespoons of oil, fry the shallot... - 37.13
1 Combine barley, mushroom mix and water in a large saucepan; heat to boiling; cover.
Simmer, stirring several times, 30 minutes, or until barley is tender and almost all liquid is absorbed.
Spoon into a 12-cup baking dish.
2 Break up lamb patties and... - 39.6176
Chicken Curry With Barley
Chicken Curry brings a genuniely unique flavor of the chicken. I found this dish simple and easy to cook and at the same time the result was extremely tasty and filling. The Chicken Curry is clearly something we can easily cook at home. - 46.9336
Barley And Mushroom Pilaf
1 In a frying pan, heat the oil.
2 Add n the chopped onion.
3 Cook, for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
4 Add in the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
5 Mix in the pearl barley and cook for another 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
6 ... - 42.6326
Swiss Cream Of Barley Soup
Peel one of the onions and spike with cloves.
Wash calf's foot, chop in half lengthwise and put into a saucepan with the barley, spiked onion and bay leaf.
Add the water and seasoning, then cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, scrape and dice... - 44.7295
Barley Fry Recipes By Category