- » Barley Broth
Barley Broth Recipes
Enjoy our collection of barley broth recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for barley broth recipes.
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 45.2706
1. In a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron or a stockpot, combine all the ingredients except the seasonings and parsley.
2. Place on a medium high flame and heat to boiling point.
3. Frequently remove the scum them surfaces when boiling.
4.... - 45.1379
Chicken Barley Broth
1. Finely dice carrots, onion and leeks.
2. Into a saucepan of water, crumble stock cube and bring liquid to a boil.
3. Add chicken, diced vegetables and herbs; simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Spoon chicken pieces and remove from saucepan;... - 45.0226
Scotch Broth With Pearl Barley
Put the mutton into a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Remove any scum.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
Bring to the boil again and transfer to the Slo cooker.
Cook for the recommended time.
Lift out the bones, trim... - 39.7604
1) In a non-stick pan, lightly toast the pearl barley by mixing it thoroughly it over a moderate heat (Use a little oil if you do not have a non-stick surface.)
2) After the barley grains attain an even brown colour, remove them from the pan or it... - 37.2485
Scotch Lamb Broth
1 Trim excess fat from lamb. Place in an electric slow cooker with leeks, celery, carrots, onion, water, salt and pepper. Stir in pearl barley; cover.
2 Cook on low (190° to 200°) 10 hours, or on high (290° to 300°) 5 hours, or until meat is tender and ba - 28.7248